Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,923 members, 7,802,992 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 06:53 AM

Help!! A Friend Withdrew 900k From My Account And Reported Me To The Police. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Help!! A Friend Withdrew 900k From My Account And Reported Me To The Police. (1527 Views)

Thief Caught 8 Months After He Stole Phone & Withdrew N500K From Victim Account / Hamzah Issak: HSBC Employee Steals £900k From 3 Nigerians In UK / Man Cuts Off His Friend's Head And Reported Himself To The Police -graphic Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help!! A Friend Withdrew 900k From My Account And Reported Me To The Police. by Metu2016: 12:17am On Jul 13, 2021
It Happened That I Went To My Friend's Boutique On Saturday Morning Been 10th July To Buy Some Clothes Worth 20k, I Tried Transferring But Network Didn't Allow It Go Through, So I Gave The guiy My ATM Card To Go Make Withdrawal From The Nearest ATM Machine, He Sent One Of His Boy And In Less Than 3 minutes I got An Alert Of 20k Only For The Boy To Come Back And Tell US That The ATM Machine Swallowed My ATM Card.

On Sunday Been 11th July I Got An Alert of 500k And Another Alert of 400k Totalling 900k, I Ran Straight To My Friend's Shop And Asked Him If He Or Any Of His Boy's Made Withdrawal From myi Account With My ATM Card, His Response Was NO And That How Can an ATM Card Which Is Stucked In The ATM Machine Make Withdrawal.

As Early As 8:00am On Monday 12th July I Was In My Bank To Print Out Statement Of Account, Only For Me to Find Out That The 900k Was Withdrewed From A POS Shop. We All Went To The Bank Where The Boy Claimed My ATM Card Was Stucked And They Told US No Such ATM Card Was In There Machine.

Around 12pm On The Same you Monday, I got a Call From State CID That I have A Petition Written Against Me By My friend On 10th July Been Saturday For False Accusations and Defamation of Character And Hope Am Aware That it's a jailable Offence And I Should Report To State CID In Ikeja Before 4pm on the said date..

Please Nairaland How Do I Go About These And Get Back My Money
Re: Help!! A Friend Withdrew 900k From My Account And Reported Me To The Police. by Sirmuel1(m): 12:19am On Jul 13, 2021
He Sent One Of His Boy And In Less Than 3 minutes I got An Alert Of 20k Only For The Boy To Come Back And Tell US That The ATM Machine Swallowed My ATM Card

How are you sure the Card was swallowed by the machine? ATM will not swallow your card and debit you.... Arrest that Boy immediately.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help!! A Friend Withdrew 900k From My Account And Reported Me To The Police. by iExplore(m): 12:28am On Jul 13, 2021
Your friend's boy isn't telling the truth.
He should explain to you guys what really happened to the card

3 Likes

Re: Help!! A Friend Withdrew 900k From My Account And Reported Me To The Police. by Juliusmalema2: 12:30am On Jul 13, 2021
But how could a pos agent give u up to 900k? I somehow doubt this story, cos I know most don't keep such amount.

1 Like

Re: Help!! A Friend Withdrew 900k From My Account And Reported Me To The Police. by poshestmina(f): 1:35am On Jul 13, 2021
Do Pos people pay out such huge amounts?
Let that your friend and his boy be arrested
Re: Help!! A Friend Withdrew 900k From My Account And Reported Me To The Police. by Freestainworld(m): 1:49am On Jul 13, 2021
They want to threaten you, so you can forget about the money, if I where the one, I will honour the said invitation, then make sure I get the guy I gave the ATM arrested.

3 Likes

Re: Help!! A Friend Withdrew 900k From My Account And Reported Me To The Police. by omolola100(f): 1:56am On Jul 13, 2021
I doubt this story. 900k from POS agent.... Very deep.
Re: Help!! A Friend Withdrew 900k From My Account And Reported Me To The Police. by Goldbw122(m): 3:04am On Jul 13, 2021
Well if I were you I wound have arrest them before reporting at nairaland
Re: Help!! A Friend Withdrew 900k From My Account And Reported Me To The Police. by MansoryMX(m): 3:11am On Jul 13, 2021
omolola100:
I doubt this story.
900k from POS agent.... Very deep.

Dey there!

1 Like

Re: Help!! A Friend Withdrew 900k From My Account And Reported Me To The Police. by BigYash: 4:32am On Jul 13, 2021
omolola100:
I doubt this story.
900k from POS agent.... Very deep.
These red hair boys that calls themselves local yahoo boys can wipe millions off your account with that pos .How they do it ,me I don't know. Worst is bank will tell you ,they can not trace it.. Op arrest your friend and his boy.. They are fraudsters and I guess he has connection from the CID . So get a good lawyer and proceed to the station. Ensure your friend pays dearly for the shit. Because if he was truly a friend, he won't be inviting you to station. Na you suppose first invite am...
Do fast before bush meat catch the hunter.. ( Rest in peace Sound Sultan)

5 Likes

Re: Help!! A Friend Withdrew 900k From My Account And Reported Me To The Police. by Gentledizzle: 4:44am On Jul 13, 2021
The boy might be innocent. The atm machine he use might been compromised. The money and atm card was trapped using scheming device.

Check this video out. You will understand what I'm talking about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpWFhsxxr2o

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help!! A Friend Withdrew 900k From My Account And Reported Me To The Police. by Richy4(m): 4:56am On Jul 13, 2021
The story is just questionable.... How can someone be so casual in terms of handing out his/her card like that ...... Is debit/ credit cards not supposed to be personal... If he was your friend, Can't he wait till you have made the withdrawal yourself? If this is true, then I have nothing to say sad.....

2 Likes

Re: Help!! A Friend Withdrew 900k From My Account And Reported Me To The Police. by ruggedtimi(m): 5:19am On Jul 13, 2021
Juliusmalema2:
But how could a pos agent give u up to 900k? I somehow doubt this story, cos I know most don't keep such amount.
Installment withdrawal, 500k and 400k. It depends on the location of the POS shop, if is a commercial location I believe you can make such withdrawal.

How can you give a stranger your ATM card plus pin for this Nigeria....

1 Like

Re: Help!! A Friend Withdrew 900k From My Account And Reported Me To The Police. by sureukraine111: 5:24am On Jul 13, 2021
Metu2016:
It Happened That I Went To My Friend's Boutique On Saturday Morning Been 10th July To Buy Some Clothes Worth 20k, I Tried Transferring But Network Didn't Allow It Go Through, So I Gave The guiy My ATM Card To Go Make Withdrawal From The Nearest ATM Machine, He Sent One Of His Boy And In Less Than 3 minutes I got An Alert Of 20k Only For The Boy To Come Back And Tell US That The ATM Machine Swallowed My ATM Card.

On Sunday Been 11th July I Got An Alert of 500k And Another Alert of 400k Totalling 900k, I Ran Straight To My Friend's Shop And Asked Him If He Or Any Of His Boy's Made Withdrawal From myi Account With My ATM Card, His Response Was NO And That How Can an ATM Card Which Is Stucked In The ATM Machine Make Withdrawal.

As Early As 8:00am On Monday 12th July I Was In My Bank To Print Out Statement Of Account, Only For Me to Find Out That The 900k Was Withdrewed From A POS Shop. We All Went To The Bank Where The Boy Claimed My ATM Card Was Stucked And They Told US No Such ATM Card Was In There Machine.

Around 12pm On The Same you Monday, I got a Call From State CID That I have A Petition Written Against Me By My friend On 10th July Been Saturday For False Accusations and Defamation of Character And Hope Am Aware That it's a jailable Offence And I Should Report To State CID In Ikeja Before 4pm on the said date..

Bros no vex. Exactly this same thing happened to my neighbor. Machine swallowed his card and later that same card was used to withdraw all the money in his account. This happened in first bank. It is a mystery
Re: Help!! A Friend Withdrew 900k From My Account And Reported Me To The Police. by phemmyfour: 6:03am On Jul 13, 2021
900k POS?
Re: Help!! A Friend Withdrew 900k From My Account And Reported Me To The Police. by Weirdberg1: 6:10am On Jul 13, 2021
shocked
Re: Help!! A Friend Withdrew 900k From My Account And Reported Me To The Police. by Weirdberg1: 6:16am On Jul 13, 2021
shocked
Re: Help!! A Friend Withdrew 900k From My Account And Reported Me To The Police. by Valkrie: 6:54am On Jul 13, 2021
Metu2016:

First have it at the back of your mind that the boutique man is never your friend...!! Then after pursue the case with all vigor and a good lawyer...make them sweat badly and never ever bow to any reunion after the case if not nah death for you be dat...!!
Re: Help!! A Friend Withdrew 900k From My Account And Reported Me To The Police. by kevoh(m): 7:22am On Jul 13, 2021
Get yourself a lawyer first, before you get jailed for losing your money.
Re: Help!! A Friend Withdrew 900k From My Account And Reported Me To The Police. by kingthreat(m): 7:44am On Jul 13, 2021
How can you give someone your ATM card and PIN? Are you not silly?
Sorry for the insult but you really deserve to be bashed for that. No even my wife knows my atm pin.
Re: Help!! A Friend Withdrew 900k From My Account And Reported Me To The Police. by fergieboy: 7:52am On Jul 13, 2021
Fake story

Why cause if network was bad

You can also gave him back his goods and come back later with the money
Re: Help!! A Friend Withdrew 900k From My Account And Reported Me To The Police. by daddytime(m): 7:53am On Jul 13, 2021
The purported call from the CID office sounds very well like one of your pals.
Re: Help!! A Friend Withdrew 900k From My Account And Reported Me To The Police. by bummyla(m): 8:07am On Jul 13, 2021
I dont pity you at all! How could you give somebody your ATM card and pin, and you were comfortably watched him, send another person on an errand with your ATM card and pin. You deserve what is coming to you. You want to impress your guy. Next time you will not try this shit! Even wives clear out their husbands' account, talkless a second and third party. And since you knew you had that kind of money in your account, why did you not block your card using your phone app and banking code!

Please bear your cross in peace!
Re: Help!! A Friend Withdrew 900k From My Account And Reported Me To The Police. by SeunOSEWApenis(f): 8:17am On Jul 13, 2021
You are just a mumu man.. How would you have such an amount in your account and give out your atm?

I sure say na abokii you be
Re: Help!! A Friend Withdrew 900k From My Account And Reported Me To The Police. by Gadafii: 8:27am On Jul 13, 2021
Op you give person ur ATM card make he go withdraw from your account, the person na ur next of kin

Well, no be who first call police dey win case, if you have enough evidence from your bank, go to the state CID and face them like Sunday igboho, ur "friend" and his boys will have explanation to give too
Re: Help!! A Friend Withdrew 900k From My Account And Reported Me To The Police. by Juliearth(f): 8:34am On Jul 13, 2021
Metu2016:

No matter the pressure, do not give a third party your ATM and pin for withdrawal. Your friend set you up. If he was truly your friend and innocent, why would he report you for coming to his shop to enquire about the withdrawals, when in actual sense, he and his boy would naturally be the prime suspect?

Get a lawyer
Have your bank trace the POS merchant and do the needful afterwards.
Involve the EFCC also
Re: Help!! A Friend Withdrew 900k From My Account And Reported Me To The Police. by AskProf: 10:58am On Jul 13, 2021
ruggedtimi:
Installment withdrawal, 500k and 400k. It depends on the location of the POS shop, if is a commercial location I believe you can make such withdrawal.

How can you give a stranger your ATM card plus pin for this Nigeria....

He's a big boy. That's why he wanted to show off by giving his ATM card to a shop owner for just 20,000 naira.
In his very presence, the said shop owner hands over the ATM card to another person.
He couldn't go to make the withdrawal himself because he's a big boy & he had to show off.

Seun, Monique, Mind44 etc, pls, Nairaland needs a roving moderator that should deleting these senseless irritating tales.
Re: Help!! A Friend Withdrew 900k From My Account And Reported Me To The Police. by xtivin(m): 11:27am On Jul 13, 2021
Sirmuel1:
He Sent One Of His Boy And In Less Than 3 minutes I got An Alert Of 20k Only For The Boy To Come Back And Tell US That The ATM Machine Swallowed My ATM Card

How are you sure the Card was swallowed by the machine? ATM will not swallow your card and debit you.... Arrest that Boy immediately.
The op maybe yahoo guy so he is jittery

(1) (Reply)

Female FUTO 300l Student Pours Hot Water On Male Lodge Mate. / Checkout My Personal Experience Of How Loan Apps Dealt With Me Last Year / Video: Young Man Caught Performing Sacrifice After Spraying Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.