Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,755,590 members, 6,546,676 topics. Date: Wednesday, 20 October 2021 at 04:37 AM

The Ugly Side Of Being Too Nice. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / The Ugly Side Of Being Too Nice. (150 Views)

Ebonyi Accident : Photos From The Ugly Incident That Claimed 32 Lives / Beautiful Women Should Be Doctors While The Ugly Ones Should Become Police / The Good, The Bad And The Ugly Of Nairaland!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Ugly Side Of Being Too Nice. by OneMarvee(f): 12:28am On Jul 13
Many times we are often encouraged to be good, nice and accommodating to everyone around us, to friends and to strangers as well. And yes, everyone likes the nice girl or guy, you hear words like "you are so sweet" "that is so nice of you" "awwww".
Well, there is bitter side to that.
1. You will get pushed aside and walked over often.
2. You may not be considered as having strong leadership traits and characters.
3. Your colleagues might bypass you when discussing serious issues.
4. You will not respected as much as the tough, serious looking and "no-nonsense" people around you.

I have experienced these things first hand and It's quite funny how everyone finds it ideal to be kind, show love and be nice to one another. But to the "not so nice" people around us, we give them some respect, allow them do the talking in the group, we even avoid "messing with them". But to the sweet, nice and kind people, we sometimes overstep boundaries and act otherwise.

Shower thoughts with OneMarvee -S1E1
Re: The Ugly Side Of Being Too Nice. by PrincessGlow: 12:45am On Jul 13
One of the many ironies of our existence

1 Like

Re: The Ugly Side Of Being Too Nice. by anthonyuncle(m): 3:11pm On Jul 18
it depends on you - the nice fellow.

if you allow people push you around - they will.

you should be able to stand your ground on your decisions and people will respect you for that.

be nice and strict!

my ogbonge original typical nigerian aka PrincessGlow, i sight you

1 Like

Re: The Ugly Side Of Being Too Nice. by OneMarvee(f): 5:34pm On Jul 19
True talk! It depends on the fellow.
anthonyuncle:
it depends on you - the nice fellow.

if you allow people push you around - they will.

you should be able to stand your ground on your decisions and people will respect you for that.

be nice and strict!

my ogbonge original typical nigerian aka PrincessGlow, i sight you

(1) (Reply)

Breaking: Fct Community Bans Frying Of Akara / Facts You Should Know About; Nigerian Banking Sector's / THIS NEOLIFE People With New Strategy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2021 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.