Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,519 members, 7,808,892 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:48 PM

Senate Rejects Lauretta Onochie As INEC Commissioner - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Rejects Lauretta Onochie As INEC Commissioner (32820 Views)

Senate Minority Caucus Rejects Lauretta Onochie Nomination As INEC Commissioner / Buhari Appoints Lauretta Onochie As INEC Commissioner / Senate Rejects Senator Abbo’s Apology, Reveals Next Move (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Rejects Lauretta Onochie As INEC Commissioner by joefelin2345: 12:20pm On Jul 13, 2021
Whiteangel1234:
Good for the Traitor and Betrayal Onochie Sabo
May I know how she was a traitor or betrayal? Kindly throw more light?
Re: Senate Rejects Lauretta Onochie As INEC Commissioner by bhouze(m): 12:20pm On Jul 13, 2021
nice...The credibility of the electoral commission would have been tainted if she was appointed because of her partisanship in the past.
Re: Senate Rejects Lauretta Onochie As INEC Commissioner by Seun(m): 12:20pm On Jul 13, 2021
Now they will nominate Alhaji Sheik Imam Hussein Azeez Mustapha Muhammad Ali Adamu.

13 Likes

Re: Senate Rejects Lauretta Onochie As INEC Commissioner by Steinmann: 12:20pm On Jul 13, 2021
Lauretta stands against Igbo ideals, now the Fulani's would not save her because she is not one of them.
Poor lauretta and misplaced loyalty.

3 Likes

Re: Senate Rejects Lauretta Onochie As INEC Commissioner by VillageHead: 12:21pm On Jul 13, 2021
No one will applaud us - THE VILLAGERS for this!

Were it to be the death of a yahoo boy, WE would be maligned for it.

1 Like

Re: Senate Rejects Lauretta Onochie As INEC Commissioner by PS712: 12:21pm On Jul 13, 2021
Righteousness2:
Kudos to the Senate for allowing common sense to prevail over sentiments and politics.
It would have been very stupid and the height of impunity for the Lawan led senate to accept her.
Please read reason why she was disqualified. It's not because of public outcry or her being partisan, but because there isn't vacancy from her region. Isn't it laughable?
Re: Senate Rejects Lauretta Onochie As INEC Commissioner by brainhgeek(m): 12:21pm On Jul 13, 2021
Why do I feel.like Buhari knew what he was doing? He knew she would be rejected but wants southerners to feel included in that commission so he could get a hance to field his own person.
No to Lauretta!
No to nepotic leadership!!
No to senselessness!!!
Re: Senate Rejects Lauretta Onochie As INEC Commissioner by Maxymilliano(m): 12:21pm On Jul 13, 2021
Good ... It would have been a slap on democracy if her nomination had sail through
Re: Senate Rejects Lauretta Onochie As INEC Commissioner by ddeola: 12:22pm On Jul 13, 2021
Make una no go kill dat person o. All these demons wey full Aso villa sad sad sad sad sad sad sad
Re: Senate Rejects Lauretta Onochie As INEC Commissioner by Antoeni(m): 12:22pm On Jul 13, 2021
May we never be in a position where we can't speak the truth simply because our next meal depends on someone..

1 Like

Re: Senate Rejects Lauretta Onochie As INEC Commissioner by MrUchenna1(m): 12:25pm On Jul 13, 2021
Lawal has demonstrated that he is not a rubber stamp for the Buhari administration and he is for the people......
hahahahaha dont fall for that yet grin
Re: Senate Rejects Lauretta Onochie As INEC Commissioner by Oxtertee(m): 12:25pm On Jul 13, 2021
This news just dey sweet me for Belle, she can continue frolicking with apshit and the lifeless mannequine we have at the helm of affair. Good riddance to onochie.

1 Like

Re: Senate Rejects Lauretta Onochie As INEC Commissioner by Munzy14(m): 12:25pm On Jul 13, 2021
Jashub:
This is the best news I've heard all week. Let God continue to scatter their satanic plans to rule Nigeria forever
Your own is all week...This is only good move this current assembly has made since 2019.

1 Like

Re: Senate Rejects Lauretta Onochie As INEC Commissioner by Drema: 12:26pm On Jul 13, 2021
Onochie should be selling Ogogoro. Such a chronic drunkard shouldn't be anywhere near governance.

1st good decision by the Rubber Stamp senate.

1 Like

Re: Senate Rejects Lauretta Onochie As INEC Commissioner by Judenzuruike: 12:26pm On Jul 13, 2021
We all know why she was rejected but just to paint it beautifully,they brought out this excuse.
luvinhubby:
Case closed

This Buhari & Senate mumu sha, she was not rejected based on her partisanship but because there is no vacancy in her state quota.

These politicians are taking Nigerians for granted
Re: Senate Rejects Lauretta Onochie As INEC Commissioner by Karlzy01(m): 12:27pm On Jul 13, 2021
If you think our opinion doesn't count,think again.
Great news.
Re: Senate Rejects Lauretta Onochie As INEC Commissioner by tomiwakeem: 12:28pm On Jul 13, 2021
luvinhubby:
Case closed

This Buhari & Senate mumu sha, she was not rejected based on her partisanship but because there is no vacancy in her state quota.

These politicians are taking Nigerians for granted
they just used that as an excuse to reject her,buhari have no regard for the law.
If not for the loud rejection of her nomination amongst Nigeria including pdp and APC buhari would have appointed her even if five people from her village is occupying such positions.
Re: Senate Rejects Lauretta Onochie As INEC Commissioner by Judenzuruike: 12:28pm On Jul 13, 2021
They had to give a cover excuse which was why they used this vacancy thing.
PS712:

Please read reason why she was disqualified. It's not because of public outcry or her being partisan, but because there isn't vacancy from her region. Isn't it laughable?
Re: Senate Rejects Lauretta Onochie As INEC Commissioner by Sholaco: 12:29pm On Jul 13, 2021
Hmmm as if they are better than lauretta
Re: Senate Rejects Lauretta Onochie As INEC Commissioner by BluntCrazeMan: 12:29pm On Jul 13, 2021
Nigerians Social Media Is Powerful..
It's Now Remaining PIB and
Electronic-Transmssion...
Re: Senate Rejects Lauretta Onochie As INEC Commissioner by ijaw1stson: 12:30pm On Jul 13, 2021
Seun:
Now they will nominate Alhaji Sheik Imam Hussein Azeez Mustapha Muhammad Ali Adamu.
oga Seun abeg no kill me with laugh this afternoon
Re: Senate Rejects Lauretta Onochie As INEC Commissioner by pacespot(m): 12:31pm On Jul 13, 2021
Virus99:
Buhari trying to act like he really love the Igbo people grin
He knew she will be rejected !

Why don't you Offer her other positions where she will not be rejected like the Ministerial portfolio cheesy

Nice script to display fake Nationalism

So Lauretta onochie is an igbo woman to you now, that winch
Re: Senate Rejects Lauretta Onochie As INEC Commissioner by KILLTHECOWS(f): 12:31pm On Jul 13, 2021
MISS LAURETTA ONOCHIE case can now be laid to rest..
I hope she is not going back to apc since she said she have already resiged..
Re: Senate Rejects Lauretta Onochie As INEC Commissioner by Richardboma(m): 12:31pm On Jul 13, 2021
This is just a plot to make us believe they are listening to the voice of the masses, something they knew will not scale through they just wanted to prove a point of what i don't understand..Mad People angry
Re: Senate Rejects Lauretta Onochie As INEC Commissioner by Dozis: 12:31pm On Jul 13, 2021
Virus99:
Buhari trying to act like he really love the Igbo people grin
He knew she will be rejected !

Why don't you Offer her other positions where she will not be rejected like the Ministerial portfolio cheesy

Nice script to display fake Nationalism
She's not Igbo
Re: Senate Rejects Lauretta Onochie As INEC Commissioner by Lee99: 12:31pm On Jul 13, 2021
Seun:
Burst my brain grin grin grin
Re: Senate Rejects Lauretta Onochie As INEC Commissioner by Heffalump(m): 12:32pm On Jul 13, 2021
Good riddance to bad rubbish.
Buhari is the worst president in the history of Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Senate Rejects Lauretta Onochie As INEC Commissioner by Ojiofor: 12:32pm On Jul 13, 2021
funkekemi:
I don't think you want to receive your BMC allowance this month, becareful she's one of BMC coordinators

I am self employed and never was I under BMC.
Fück BMC.I am my own boss.I say what I like and do what I want.
I am the Ojiofor Ndi Igbo worldwide....Igbos can kiss my aşş.

1 Like

Re: Senate Rejects Lauretta Onochie As INEC Commissioner by FrankAkowe: 12:32pm On Jul 13, 2021
G
Re: Senate Rejects Lauretta Onochie As INEC Commissioner by EdoFirstBorn(m): 12:32pm On Jul 13, 2021
Seun:

Very true grin

Good humour
Re: Senate Rejects Lauretta Onochie As INEC Commissioner by Yusman316(m): 12:33pm On Jul 13, 2021
Ojiofor:
Very good one,Buhari can make her his second wife I don't care.
They do the wrong thing, u complain. They do the right thing u still complain.
What exactly do Nigerians want?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

More Fact About Jubril Of Sudan / Woman And Boy Killed In APC Presidential Rally In Sokoto State. Photos / Buhari’s Memory Loss Normal, Even Jesus, Mohammed Did, Fake News – Festus Keyamo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.