Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,409 members, 7,808,458 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:13 PM

Breaking -Israel Embassy engages Nigerian FG as three Israeli citizens arrested - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking -Israel Embassy engages Nigerian FG as three Israeli citizens arrested (6361 Views)

So These Two Ibos Achieved In 10 Years What Nigerian FG Could Not In 64 Years? / Ohanaeze Carpets FG As UK Jails Ekweremadu, Wife / PDP, Others Criticises FG As US Alleges Massive Graft In Buhari's Regime (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking -Israel Embassy engages Nigerian FG as three Israeli citizens arrested by IhateYouMan: 12:47pm On Jul 13, 2021
Rudy Rochman and two other Israelis were in separatist Biafran region shooting documentary about Igbo Jews.

Zionist activist Rudy Rochman pitches his project, "We Were Never Lost" (screenshot)

Three Israelis shooting a documentary in a separatist region in southeast Nigeria were arrested last week, the Foreign Ministry has confirmed.

According to media reports, Nigerian authorities arrested and interrogated the trio on suspicion that they had come into contact with Biafran separatists.

The Israeli Embassy in Abuja is following the case closely and is in contact with Nigerian authorities, according to the Foreign Ministry.

One of the Israelis arrested is Rudy Rochman, a Zionist activist with almost 95,000 followers on Instagram. Making the flight with him were filmmaker Noam Leibman and French-Israeli journalist E. David Benaym.

The Israelis were in Nigeria to film “We Were Never Lost,” a documentary exploring Jewish communities in African countries such as Kenya, Madagascar, Uganda, and Nigeria.

They took off from Ben Gurion Airport on July 5 and landed in Nigeria the next day.

According to locals, the crew was detained at a synagogue during Friday night services in the Igbo village of Ogidi by Nigeria’s secret police and taken to Abuja.

The filmmakers were aware of the political sensitivity surrounding the filming of the Igbo community. Last Thursday, the We Were Never Lost Facebook page stressed: “We do not take any position on political movements as we are not here as politicians nor as a part of any governmental delegations.”

The group met last week with Igbo leader Eze Chukwuemeka Eri and presented him with a framed Shiviti made in Jerusalem.

Rochman also presented another Igbo community with a Torah scroll whose cover was designed by British-Israeli street artist Solomon Souza.

The Igbo consider themselves a lost tribe of Israel.

In January, a conflict broke out in southeastern Nigeria between Nigerian forces and the military wing of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) movement. The fight is ongoing.

A previous unilateral declaration of independence by the Igbo people in 1967 sparked a brutal 30-month civil war that left more than a million dead.

Igbo traditional wedding at Nnewi. (Wikimedia Commons)

In 2018, fugitive pro-Biafran separatist leader Nnamdi Kanu gave a radio broadcast saying he was in Israel and indicating he owed his survival to the Jewish state.

Kanu, a former London estate agent, heads IPOB and the outlawed pirate radio station Radio Biafra.

He maintains the Igbo people, who are in the majority in southeast Nigeria, are a lost tribe of Israel and it is his mission to lead them to the promised land of Biafra.

Kanu is facing treason charges in his homeland. He was arrested by Interpol in the Czech Republic in June 2021.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/israeli-filmmakers-arrested-in-nigeria-over-alleged-contact-with-separatists/

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Breaking -Israel Embassy engages Nigerian FG as three Israeli citizens arrested by JohnBullMySon: 12:49pm On Jul 13, 2021
So what does it have to do with Biafra OP?

6 Likes

Re: Breaking -Israel Embassy engages Nigerian FG as three Israeli citizens arrested by IhateYouMan: 12:49pm On Jul 13, 2021
JohnBullMySon:
So what does it have to do with Biafra OP?

Are you DUMB.

"The Israeli Embassy in Abuja is following the case closely and is in contact with Nigerian authorities"

3 Likes

Re: Breaking -Israel Embassy engages Nigerian FG as three Israeli citizens arrested by Whiteangel1234: 12:52pm On Jul 13, 2021
Good development �� its a win for the Biafra awareness struggle

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Breaking -Israel Embassy engages Nigerian FG as three Israeli citizens arrested by JohnBullMySon: 12:53pm On Jul 13, 2021
IhateYouMan:

Are you DUMB.

"The Israeli Embassy in Abuja is following the case closely and is in contact with Nigerian authorities"
My question is simple man, I read through it and I'm still wondering what it's got to do with Biafra.

Some Isreali filmmakers are doing a documentary on African tribes who claim Jewish ancestry including "Igbo Jews". They were then arrested in Nigeria.

So what has the Isreali embassy contact got to do with Biafra?

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking -Israel Embassy engages Nigerian FG as three Israeli citizens arrested by IhateYouMan: 12:55pm On Jul 13, 2021
JohnBullMySon:
My question is simple man, I read through it and I'm still wondering what it's got to do with Biafra.

Some Isreali filmmakers are doing a documentary on African tribes who claim Jewish ancestry including "Igbo Jews". They were then arrested in Nigeria.

So what has it got to do with Biafra?

Did I just say are you DUMB ? What the fvck is wrong with me ?? Apologies bro. You are right - I ammended the headline.

Thank You.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking -Israel Embassy engages Nigerian FG as three Israeli citizens arrested by BKayy: 12:58pm On Jul 13, 2021
Lol.
Lie Mohammed, Malami and Wike don drag Buhari, Pantami and ISWAP/Boko Haram enter wahala.
Buhari will be regretting ever meeting lie Mohammed now.
Una wan drag with people, e come be Israel of all anti terrorist countries in the world.

I wouldn't wish my worst enemy to be in Buhari and pantamis shoes right now

21 Likes

Re: Breaking -Israel Embassy engages Nigerian FG as three Israeli citizens arrested by Oloniyan(m): 12:59pm On Jul 13, 2021
Thought the guys came for tourism.

But is there any crime for shooting documentaries so far they've obtained necessary authorizing papers?

Are they encouraging tourist to visit or scaring them away?

Let our leaders be sane for a moment naw

10 Likes

Re: Breaking -Israel Embassy engages Nigerian FG as three Israeli citizens arrested by BKayy: 1:01pm On Jul 13, 2021
JohnBullMySon:

So what has the Isreali embassy contact got to do with Biafra?
The report made it clear that the region is not fully in control by Nigeria and the place is highly aware of their self determination from Nigeria
They never reported it as a place, Nigeria will beat their chest and say that it is part of them

1 Like

Re: Breaking -Israel Embassy engages Nigerian FG as three Israeli citizens arrested by IhateYouMan: 1:08pm On Jul 13, 2021
The Nigeria FG should be very careful and be fair. If they try to intimidate or torture these guys, it won't end well at all. These are ex Israeli soldiers and the Israel government does not fvck around when you maltreat their citizens. Just ask the Arabs - LOL.

One missile and Aso rock will be dust !!

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking -Israel Embassy engages Nigerian FG as three Israeli citizens arrested by FarahAideed: 1:10pm On Jul 13, 2021
Buhari will soon get what he is looking for from the west

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking -Israel Embassy engages Nigerian FG as three Israeli citizens arrested by limeta(f): 1:11pm On Jul 13, 2021
lsrael want in little by little knowing fully well jihadist must mess up

15 Likes

Re: Breaking -Israel Embassy engages Nigerian FG as three Israeli citizens arrested by TarOrfeeek: 1:17pm On Jul 13, 2021
Isreal has baited the Fulanis

Because no be my head way these idiots want use play ludo with MOSSAD and IDF way no dey hear abeg.

Mumu country, Nigeria.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Breaking -Israel Embassy engages Nigerian FG as three Israeli citizens arrested by amc: 1:22pm On Jul 13, 2021
They should just deport them and close the chapter. No need for any diplomatic fallout with Israel.

3 Likes

Re: Breaking -Israel Embassy engages Nigerian FG as three Israeli citizens arrested by EdoFirstBorn(m): 1:23pm On Jul 13, 2021
Well I think it was a wrong move by the Fulani DSS to arrest them. No Arab nation will come to our aid o. Abeg leave those Israeli alone we don't oowerfor their wahala o!!!
Arresting them was a huge over sight and I am sure the Fulani Director for DSS has suspended the officers who did this.

Let them shoot their documentary and go

9 Likes

Re: Breaking -Israel Embassy engages Nigerian FG as three Israeli citizens arrested by Nobody: 1:24pm On Jul 13, 2021
Abeg make Isreal no were they go face their missiles fa,
On behalf of middle belts region ad south' south, we wish to let Isreal know we have no hands in the arrest,, abeg Na those people arrest them

24 Likes

Re: Breaking -Israel Embassy engages Nigerian FG as three Israeli citizens arrested by EdoFirstBorn(m): 1:25pm On Jul 13, 2021
Okolo625:
Abeg make Isreal no were they go face their missiles fa,
On behalf of middle belts region ad south' south, we wish to let Isreal know we have no hands in the arrest,, abeg Na those people arrest them

Ha! See Judas o! Are you not supposed to stand with your fellow Fulani brothers in this wahala ? grin

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking -Israel Embassy engages Nigerian FG as three Israeli citizens arrested by ogbuefi677(m): 1:32pm On Jul 13, 2021
They should pls send their drone to

1 Like

Re: Breaking -Israel Embassy engages Nigerian FG as three Israeli citizens arrested by PrinceOfLagos: 1:35pm On Jul 13, 2021
Buhari Fulani men are looking for trouble that are far bigger than them

You don't mess with the Israelites and get away with it

16 Likes

Re: Breaking -Israel Embassy engages Nigerian FG as three Israeli citizens arrested by byinks(f): 1:37pm On Jul 13, 2021
I don't trust Israelis

1 Like

Re: Breaking -Israel Embassy engages Nigerian FG as three Israeli citizens arrested by Tantumego: 1:38pm On Jul 13, 2021
I'm trying to believe these things happening is all coincidental but then I remember the great MNK once said when the Torah lands in biafran land then the biafran struggle is 90% close to completion..

20 Likes

Re: Breaking -Israel Embassy engages Nigerian FG as three Israeli citizens arrested by Nobody: 1:40pm On Jul 13, 2021
They came to do documentary on their slaves who converted mainwhile in isreal The former prime minister of isreal called Africans invaders and lot of degrading names.

Spies have always come in different forms e.g journalists, bankers, film makers, tourists, businessmen, immigrant.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking -Israel Embassy engages Nigerian FG as three Israeli citizens arrested by zombieHUNTER: 1:40pm On Jul 13, 2021
The Israelites have my permission to eliminate those holding their citizens captive in Nigeria..

They're free to start from Aso Rock.
There's a Terrorist sympathizer residing

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking -Israel Embassy engages Nigerian FG as three Israeli citizens arrested by OssyMalik: 1:45pm On Jul 13, 2021
The drama is getting interesting.....

Buhari and his fellow idiots go hear am.

Don’t fucck with Israel

2 Likes

Re: Breaking -Israel Embassy engages Nigerian FG as three Israeli citizens arrested by Tochj(m): 1:48pm On Jul 13, 2021
Shame on all Buhari supporters
It's now obvious you are supporting a senseless government
Falling for all kinds of cheap baits
I and my family never supported ds Fulani terrorists government from the onset
So whatever they brought on themselves
We no follow.

5 Likes

Re: Breaking -Israel Embassy engages Nigerian FG as three Israeli citizens arrested by jlinkd78(m): 1:49pm On Jul 13, 2021
So the FG fell for this predictable bait. Truly d handlers of this Govt are clueless

7 Likes

Re: Breaking -Israel Embassy engages Nigerian FG as three Israeli citizens arrested by Earlystar698(m): 1:54pm On Jul 13, 2021
Without mentioning Mazi Nnamdi Kanu or Igbo, nairaland is useless

15 Likes

Re: Breaking -Israel Embassy engages Nigerian FG as three Israeli citizens arrested by AntiBeEmCe(m): 2:17pm On Jul 13, 2021
Watching this drama with cold Stout. That's the sort of thing that happens in UAR. Incompetent fo0ls. I hope they exhibit that their usual headstrong trait, they inherited from their cows and refuse to release the Israelis....so that Israel can show them pepper.

Bubu show Israel that u have big balls please, don't release the young men.

N0NSENSE!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking -Israel Embassy engages Nigerian FG as three Israeli citizens arrested by NigeriaNawa: 2:18pm On Jul 13, 2021
thebosstrevor1:
They came to do documentary on their slaves who converted mainwhile in isreal The former prime minister of isreal called Africans invaders and lot of degrading names.

Spies have always come in different forms e.g journalists, bankers, film makers, tourists, businessmen, immigrant.

Brother your English is getting worse and worse by the day - are you on drugs ? cheesy

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Breaking -Israel Embassy engages Nigerian FG as three Israeli citizens arrested by myright: 2:35pm On Jul 13, 2021
Tantumego:
I'm trying to believe these things happening is all coincidental but then I remember the great MNK once said when the Torah lands in biafran land then the biafran struggle is 90% close to completion..
Do you have the link to the broadcast where MNK said that? I really want to hear it from the horse's mouth
Re: Breaking -Israel Embassy engages Nigerian FG as three Israeli citizens arrested by pongwa(m): 2:44pm On Jul 13, 2021
IhateYouMan:

Did I just say are you DUMB ? What the fvck is wrong with me ?? Apologies bro. You are right - I ammended the headline.

Thank You.
you just called someone dumb sarcastically. �

(1) (2) (Reply)

Abba Kyari Deactivates His Facebook Account Because Of Hushpuppi PHOTOS / Collaboration Is The Key To Fighting meth In Anambra - NOA / International Youth Day: I Take Very Strong Exception To The ASSU Strike - Atiku

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.