Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,310 members, 7,808,044 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:37 AM

PIB: Like Sugar, Like Cement, Dangote To Dominate The Oil Industry - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / PIB: Like Sugar, Like Cement, Dangote To Dominate The Oil Industry (14673 Views)

Cement: Dangote, Lafarge BUA Post High Profit Margins / The Time It Would Take Dangote To Pay Off His ₦792m Bugatti Veyron / Fatima Dangote To Wed Jamil Abubakar (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PIB: Like Sugar, Like Cement, Dangote To Dominate The Oil Industry by zombieHUNTER: 3:31pm On Jul 13, 2021
Timmi:

Did you read the article at all, or the PIB bill? Many educated illiterates full these IPOB people, I swear!!!

Re: PIB: Like Sugar, Like Cement, Dangote To Dominate The Oil Industry by CodeTemplar: 3:35pm On Jul 13, 2021
The next phase of the robbery will be to subsidize the product Dangote is bringing out thus using crude oil earnings to pay dangote substantially. By the way, what happened to the list of oil well allocation that generated a very brief noise some months back. Nigerians and short memory span. That's how abokis have colonised supposedly educated folks.

1 Like

Re: PIB: Like Sugar, Like Cement, Dangote To Dominate The Oil Industry by PAWG(m): 3:38pm On Jul 13, 2021
UnabashedIPOB:

I DO NOT give a DAMN where you come from. Whether you're from the south or not, all I am saying is that you lack the capacity to reason. Otherwise, how can any reasonable person NOT understand the implications of allowing ONE person to CONTROL all the essential commodities of a country. Inspite of all your morose talk, you have NOT been able to articulate why it's okay to allow one man to control the economy. All you seem to have issue with is the messenger and NOT actually the message. Get a grip, would you?

Nothing good can come from a biased mind.
Re: PIB: Like Sugar, Like Cement, Dangote To Dominate The Oil Industry by Baselm: 3:49pm On Jul 13, 2021
LibertyRep:
Where are those that got the licence for refineries some years back?

Where are the modular refineries the VP promoted?

We can borrow money fo fix rail line to NIger but can't turn around the refineries that'll end out misery as a nation significantly.

If Buhari-Osinbajo eventually complete their 8 years tenure without brand new refineries or substantially fix our ailing refineries to stop importation of petroleum products, I'm afraid posterity may not be kind to them

But Posterity would be kind to the administrations that got a lot out of the refineries and ran them down without rehabilitation. This kind of bias takes make one appear to be a PMB/PYO apologist, but that is an unfair statement.

1 Like

Re: PIB: Like Sugar, Like Cement, Dangote To Dominate The Oil Industry by UnabashedIPOB: 3:50pm On Jul 13, 2021
PAWG:

Nothing good can come from a biased mind.

I am not surprised at your response. It is obvious that you have no plausible argument in defense of your position, hence you resorted to a usual DEFAULT response. Good luck Mister!
Re: PIB: Like Sugar, Like Cement, Dangote To Dominate The Oil Industry by BetaThings: 3:58pm On Jul 13, 2021
zombieHUNTER:
Abokkis want to bury this country...
Nepotistic dullards everywhere

While Southerners bicker over trival issues..

3% to host communities
30% for Abokki to seek oil in a barren basin

Some people have chosen to despise the truth
Dangote tried to buy Ashaka Cement when it was privatised, the community revolted
Dangote wen to Kogi, bought a large tract of land and built Obajana Cement on a virgin land, from scratch

Dangote tried to buy Port Harcourt Refinery when it was privatised by Obasanjo, a few weeks later Yaradua (a Fulani/"aboki"wink reversed it
Dangote wen to Lagos, bought a large tract of land and built Dangote refinery on a virgin land, from scratch

2 Likes

Re: PIB: Like Sugar, Like Cement, Dangote To Dominate The Oil Industry by 7lives: 3:58pm On Jul 13, 2021
UnabashedIPOB:
Aliko Dangote, to wield a 'monopoly' in the oil industry.

Nepotism run amuck in your ONE NIGERIA. Tomorrow, some M0R0NS would come on this forum touting how rich Dangote is forgetting that his road to Damascus was littered with gold for his picking. Keep it up with your stupid ONE NIGERIA!

Go and build your refinery or is this too much?
Re: PIB: Like Sugar, Like Cement, Dangote To Dominate The Oil Industry by PAWG(m): 4:03pm On Jul 13, 2021
UnabashedIPOB:

I am not surprised at your response. It is obvious that you have no plausible argument in defense of your position, hence you resorted to a usual DEFAULT response. Good luck Mister!

It's meant to annoy you, no need being reasonable with you since you came wielding insults. Good luck too
Re: PIB: Like Sugar, Like Cement, Dangote To Dominate The Oil Industry by UnabashedIPOB: 4:03pm On Jul 13, 2021
7lives:

Go and build your refinery or is this too much?

Do I have to respond to this? Nah!
Re: PIB: Like Sugar, Like Cement, Dangote To Dominate The Oil Industry by 7lives: 4:06pm On Jul 13, 2021
UnabashedIPOB:

Do I have to respond to this? Nah!

You don't want monopoly, the only way out is to create competition grin grin grin grin cheesy.
Re: PIB: Like Sugar, Like Cement, Dangote To Dominate The Oil Industry by ofiko123(m): 4:08pm On Jul 13, 2021
If dangote dominates, what will now happen??
Re: PIB: Like Sugar, Like Cement, Dangote To Dominate The Oil Industry by ofiko123(m): 4:09pm On Jul 13, 2021
[quote author=zombieHUNTER post=103669654][/quote]

Will that stop the president from finishing his 4 year term tenure
Re: PIB: Like Sugar, Like Cement, Dangote To Dominate The Oil Industry by UnabashedIPOB: 4:11pm On Jul 13, 2021
PAWG:

It's meant to annoy you, no need being reasonable with you since you came wielding insults. Good luck too

You're not annoying me by any means...all you are doing is showing your ignorance..
Re: PIB: Like Sugar, Like Cement, Dangote To Dominate The Oil Industry by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 4:16pm On Jul 13, 2021
Selling at what price ? Ewu you impoverished the masses to make damgote richer... if he say him head dey correct throw the door open let's everyone source cement and others form anywhere they like z let see if dangote will not reduce to nothing... if nah so America Carry everything give Amazon, billgate and Ellen musk they won't other selves made billionaires and millionaires in America
Re: PIB: Like Sugar, Like Cement, Dangote To Dominate The Oil Industry by Freeze007(m): 4:17pm On Jul 13, 2021
stephanie11:

https://politicsnigeria.com/pib-like-sugar-like-cement-dangote-to-dominate-the-oil-industry/

Oh God if this Dangote this and that is good please let it flourish bountifully if not thank you Leader O.O.Obu for making your industries, commercials, factories, agriculture products, gold, etc accessible to the common man whereby all can be gainfully employed for Nigeria to be great again....Amen
Re: PIB: Like Sugar, Like Cement, Dangote To Dominate The Oil Industry by PAWG(m): 4:17pm On Jul 13, 2021
UnabashedIPOB:

You're not annoying me by any means...all you are doing is showing your ignorance..

I accept the bolded in good faith, but I know what I know; Comparing what I know about the subject (Dangote and the industries he thrives in) with your responses, I think you're not entirely informed and your stance isn't one that can be sawyed with facts or reason. You're entitled your opinion anyways, same here. Bye
Re: PIB: Like Sugar, Like Cement, Dangote To Dominate The Oil Industry by stepaside2: 4:31pm On Jul 13, 2021
BetaThings:

Some people have chosen to despise the truth
Dangote tried to buy Ashaka Cement when it was privatised, the community revolted
Dangote wen to Kogi, bought a large tract of land and built Obajana Cement on a virgin land, from scratch

Dangote tried to buy Port Harcourt Refinery when it was privatised by Obasanjo, a few weeks later Yaradua (a Fulani/"aboki"wink reversed it
Dangote wen to Lagos, bought a large tract of land and built Dangote refinery on a virgin land, from scratch
Spot on.

When people accuse Dangote of monopoly and Govt prop up, I ask two questions.

1. How come ALL govts, PDP or APC, Southern or Northern have 'favoured' him?

2. How come the same Dangote has thrived in other African countries like Ghana, Tanzania, Zambia, Ethiopia, Congo, Cameroon etc?

He is an astute businessman who knows how to take opportunities. He raises money from Nigerian and international banks, meaning he is bankable etc. Others should learn from him rather than bicker endlessly. Another 2 guys towing that line are Tony Elumelu and Abdul Samad Rabiu. The more the better for our country
Re: PIB: Like Sugar, Like Cement, Dangote To Dominate The Oil Industry by JohnnyBling(m): 4:34pm On Jul 13, 2021
ChiefSosa:

YES, the oil industry will suffer same fate.
If dangote dominates the Oil industry;HE WILL CASH OUT BIG TIME. Dangote the silent killer. E go dey disguise like one gentle man, meanwhile he's very dangerous o.
We're producing about 1.6M BPD, imagine if dangote's refinery is now producing 650,000? E don be for Nigeria. AHHHHHHHHHH. I cannot close my mouth again o
How do you mean by the last part of the comment. What does it entail?
Re: PIB: Like Sugar, Like Cement, Dangote To Dominate The Oil Industry by Gfskw: 4:36pm On Jul 13, 2021
Hmmm
Re: PIB: Like Sugar, Like Cement, Dangote To Dominate The Oil Industry by nograv: 4:38pm On Jul 13, 2021
bjtinz:
Am a southerner, but honestly don't know what the beef is about.

So what stopped Otedola, Uba, Alakija, Adenuga and other oil magnates from the south from putting up theirs??

Or was there any law that forbade them??

Abegi.

They don't have the government subsidising their every move and removing every impediment in their way..

The Nigerian economy is clearly run for the benefit of Northerners by Northerners. Stop feigning ignorance..

A monopoly will result in price gouging and the cost of petrol being higher than it should otherwise be in the long run
Re: PIB: Like Sugar, Like Cement, Dangote To Dominate The Oil Industry by UnabashedIPOB: 4:41pm On Jul 13, 2021
PAWG:

I accept the bolded in good faith, but I know what I know; Comparing what I know about the subject (Dangote and the industries he thrives in) with your responses, I think you're not entirely informed and your stance isn't one that can be sawyed with facts or reason. You're entitled your opinion anyways, same here. Bye

Dangote being rich shouldn’t faze you or does it make you evidently poorer? It’s like telling me my governor is rich. Of what impact would it be to my life? Some arguments and worries are unnecessary.

The above was your initial response to my article...now think about! Buh Bye!
Re: PIB: Like Sugar, Like Cement, Dangote To Dominate The Oil Industry by zombieHUNTER: 4:59pm On Jul 13, 2021
ofiko123:

Will that stop the president from finishing his 4 year term tenure
Nepotism kills

1 Like

Re: PIB: Like Sugar, Like Cement, Dangote To Dominate The Oil Industry by Nobody: 5:10pm On Jul 13, 2021
Sholaco:
Ofcourse, because the southerners are useless, you are all celebrating the rejection of lauretta your sister just because your hatred for one another is second to none grin. The north love themselves, no envy,no pull him down syndrome. grin. Yan'arewa
Some southerners are destroying themselves for PMB's hatred. They celebrated rejection of their sister and in the next few days they'll come here and complain Nepotism.
Their envy successful people they couldn't make or produce. Many Southerners received billions of naira CBN loan and modular refineries licence during GEJ's administration but they diverted the money to their pockets. Now our tycoon son build refinery and the bill empower refinery owners to import oil the children of hate started twisting the actual motive behind the bill. Who ask them not to develop their business and choose to go into trading and non profitable businesses?
Who stop their tycoons from building refineries?
They hate themselves and now they're extending their hatred to us!
Re: PIB: Like Sugar, Like Cement, Dangote To Dominate The Oil Industry by grandstar(m): 5:13pm On Jul 13, 2021
Commentor:
He took loans to build a refinery while you use yours to build hotels.

You can't even pay back the loans for the hotels but here you are hating him.

Jealousy ehn.

What Jealousy?

If you want to build a refinery, nothing stopped him. But why kill business for others? Most importantly, why destroy competition?

In a free market, the purpose of competition is to prevent businesses from exploiting consumers through overpricing. It also to improve quality.

Without competition, Dangote would be able to charge excessive prices for his products and laugh to the bank. It's you and I that will carry the brunt.

1 Like

Re: PIB: Like Sugar, Like Cement, Dangote To Dominate The Oil Industry by stepaside2: 5:29pm On Jul 13, 2021
nograv:

They don't have the government subsidising their every move and removing every impediment in their way..

The Nigerian economy is clearly run for the benefit of Northerners by Northerners. Stop feigning ignorance..

A monopoly will result in price gouging and the cost of petrol being higher than it should otherwise be in the long run
Are we not tired of this Northern thing? Since the return to democracy in 1999, Southerners have ruled for 14 of the 22 years and poised to return to power in 2 years' time. The issues are beyond this ethnic thing
Re: PIB: Like Sugar, Like Cement, Dangote To Dominate The Oil Industry by LibertyRep: 5:30pm On Jul 13, 2021
Baselm:

But Posterity would be kind to the administrations that got a lot out of the refineries and ran them down without rehabilitation. This kind of bias takes make one appear to be a PMB/PYO apologist, but that is an unfair statement.

Those other ones who mismanaged the resources already have their names imprinted in the hall of shame. Will Buhari-Osinbajo follow suit? Time will tell.
Re: PIB: Like Sugar, Like Cement, Dangote To Dominate The Oil Industry by Commentor: 5:34pm On Jul 13, 2021
grandstar:

What Jealousy?

If you want to build a refinery, nothing stopped him. But why kill business for others? Most importantly, why destroy competition?

In a free market, the purpose of competition is to prevent businesses from exploiting consumers through overpricing. It also to improve quality.

Without competition, Dangote would be able to charge excessive prices for his products and laugh to the bank. It's you and I that will carry the brunt.

What competition are you talking about?

Name which refinery Dangote killed?
Re: PIB: Like Sugar, Like Cement, Dangote To Dominate The Oil Industry by NacoAba: 5:46pm On Jul 13, 2021
Definition of one Nigeria
Re: PIB: Like Sugar, Like Cement, Dangote To Dominate The Oil Industry by grandstar(m): 6:30pm On Jul 13, 2021
Commentor:

What competition are you talking about?

Name which refinery Dangote killed?

Dangote hasn't killed any refinery. But the Bill only allows those with sizable local production to import fuel. That means only Dangote can import fuel. Even Otedola can't import as he has no local refining 1capacity (Otedola is no more in the business)

All petroleum product importers have basically been shut out of business. This is anti-competition.

1 Like

Re: PIB: Like Sugar, Like Cement, Dangote To Dominate The Oil Industry by stepaside2: 6:53pm On Jul 13, 2021
grandstar:

Dangote hasn't killed any refinery. But the Bill only allows those with sizable local production to import fuel. That means only Dangote can import fuel. Even Otedola can't import as he has no local refining 1capacity (Otedola is no more in the business)

All petroleum product importers have basically been shut out of business. This is anti-competition.

NNPC is the only importer of petrol because it is not profitable for private entities due to fixed price regime and subsidy.

This is not the case for the deregulated diesel and kerosene markets where those that can are allowed to import.

Although the provision of the bill is anti competitive, it is necessary at this stage of our development as a way to encourage those who are bold enough to invest in refining, boosting local employment and more importantly saving scarce forex for importation
Re: PIB: Like Sugar, Like Cement, Dangote To Dominate The Oil Industry by grandstar(m): 7:23pm On Jul 13, 2021
stepaside2:

NNPC is the only importer of petrol because it is not profitable for private entities due to fixed price regime and subsidy.

This is not the case for the deregulated diesel and kerosene markets where those that can are allowed to import.

Although the provision of the bill is anti competitive, it is necessary at this stage of our development as a way to encourage those who are bold enough to invest in refining, boosting local employment and more importantly saving scarce forex for importation

Singapore, a tiny country with only 5.7m refines 1.5m barrels of crude oil daily, most for export. This should tell you something.

Nigeria should by now be refining nothing less 2.5m barrels a day but barely refines any. It's job now should be how to improve capacity to 2.5m or more, for Nigeria to become the energy hub of Nigeria.

Instead, this does the opposite

If he needs market protection, an import duty should suffice. That's how it's done. This will make sure he isn't slaughtered easily by competition but also ensuring he does not overcharge consumers, monopolize the industry and scare off other investors.

It is also not "necessary at this stage of our development" . That's the argument that had been given these last 40 years with nothing to show for it. A fully deregulated and liberalized oil industry is the best for all stakeholders.

1 Like

Re: PIB: Like Sugar, Like Cement, Dangote To Dominate The Oil Industry by JOMAX: 7:41pm On Jul 13, 2021
Sholaco:
Ofcourse, because the southerners are useless, you are all celebrating the rejection of lauretta your sister just because your hatred for one another is second to none grin. The north love themselves, no envy,no pull him down syndrome. grin. Yan'arewa
not hatred. She is a confirmed tool of the north against the south. She is a traitor

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Transfer Money Using An ATM / Nigeria Still Ranks 4th Globally On Return On Investment Ratings / Is It A Forex Scam Or Real?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.