Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,940 members, 7,806,719 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:47 PM

Senate Proposes 18 As Age For UTME Candidates - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Senate Proposes 18 As Age For UTME Candidates (24713 Views)

FG Reinstate 18 As Minimum Entry Age Into Tertiary Institutions / New Retirement Age For Teachers Approved By FEC / President Buhari Okays 65-year Retirement Age For Teachers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Proposes 18 As Age For UTME Candidates by Briller: 4:51pm On Jul 13, 2021
Chaiiiii. Who did we offend in this country? God pls pick my calls and send me a helper to whisk my children out of this shithole country. Tufiakwa
Re: Senate Proposes 18 As Age For UTME Candidates by Fortez: 4:56pm On Jul 13, 2021
Good . Too many young kids now in university
Re: Senate Proposes 18 As Age For UTME Candidates by Carlylepneuma: 5:03pm On Jul 13, 2021
hope u guys are doin something about age retirement as well as age barriers for job seekers.... sad sad sad
Re: Senate Proposes 18 As Age For UTME Candidates by Poleski: 5:04pm On Jul 13, 2021
What the hell is wrong with these bunch of incompetent IDIOTS who called themselves "leaders"?! What has age got to do with education?!

So a very smart kid who's below 18 will be prohibited from entering University due his or her age? What an idiotic policy! Instead of encouraging and pushing book-smart kids forward, these inept morons want to drag these kids backward!

These so-called moronic senators ignore important things they should be tackling but prefer to chase shadows!

This nonsense won't stop until we start evaluating mental health of these politicians before they get elected or appointed to any political office!

In Europe, you will see a lot of Ph.D. holders who are in their early 20s and some even at 18 - 19! The youngest ever in the world was Karl Witte who earned Ph.D. at age 13!!

My 11+yr. old son is in JS2. By the time he finishes secondary school he would be 14+yr. old. So at that time, let me see the fool who would tell me to keep him waiting till 18.
Re: Senate Proposes 18 As Age For UTME Candidates by ndiri(m): 5:04pm On Jul 13, 2021
Next topic please, when a child finish secondary school at 15years, then the child will now wait till 18.....ok

1 Like

Re: Senate Proposes 18 As Age For UTME Candidates by Bimpe29: 5:13pm On Jul 13, 2021
What a retrogressive amendment by a pessimistic law maker!
Re: Senate Proposes 18 As Age For UTME Candidates by eteba(m): 5:14pm On Jul 13, 2021
Because the illiterate north are at disadvantage, their youths write jamb at old age that`s why....

2 Likes

Re: Senate Proposes 18 As Age For UTME Candidates by babtoundey(m): 5:16pm On Jul 13, 2021
We're ruled by fools and idiots. People write Jamb and post Jamb Four to five times before they gain admission into the university to study courses of their choice. When They eventually gain admission, ASUU strike and internal crises in institutions add two or two and a half years to the statutory 4 or five year courses. NYSC Will not take anything less than one year three months.

And for graduate to be able to apply for a job (and even scholarship) successfully, it is required of them to be below 28or 30 years with at least two years working experience. Yet, our lawmakers think it is reasonable to peg school entrance age for minimum of 18 years.

Why on earth are we ruled by fools!
Re: Senate Proposes 18 As Age For UTME Candidates by OfficialBrendan(m): 5:23pm On Jul 13, 2021
MrsNwaAmaikpe:
shocked
undecided undecided

Mrs who? angry
Re: Senate Proposes 18 As Age For UTME Candidates by harsysky(m): 5:37pm On Jul 13, 2021
Our politicians have always been useless, but never for once had I thought their uselessness was more than 100%.
Re: Senate Proposes 18 As Age For UTME Candidates by Successlane: 5:44pm On Jul 13, 2021
Saao:
not stupid but wicked. Most of their kids will travel out for their universities so it won't affect them

You just mailed it.
They take us all for fools, meanwhile they are totally brainless.!!!!!!!
Re: Senate Proposes 18 As Age For UTME Candidates by Mikey2004(m): 5:48pm On Jul 13, 2021
God please save us in this country,why should they want to implement this when at the age of 18 you should be done with your degree they now said you should just enter a university.

1 Like

Re: Senate Proposes 18 As Age For UTME Candidates by Femmy04u: 5:59pm On Jul 13, 2021
[quote author=lalasticlala post=103669112]Nonsense! Even with Employers' age limit for jobs. Some will tell you only people aged 18-25 are qualified to apply. grin[/quote
No future for this nation with these nonentities called politicians
Re: Senate Proposes 18 As Age For UTME Candidates by Ynix(m): 6:13pm On Jul 13, 2021
Beancounter93:

That's a very very tiny minority of kids.

Plus some of those kids eventually break down.

One of my siblings went to secondary school with a girl who entered at the age of 8 years old. Naturally, the child was still a child....and she still repeated the year.

Let kids develop slowly, not quick quick.

And I entered secondary at 9, I was hot. I Know a very brilliant girl that entered at 7. I started most things people are trying now at 8. my first multilevel marketing business was at 8. I began reading encyclopedias before 9. I already read enough of Nigeria History at Primary 4 independently. I entered university at 16, my sister got admission to UI at 14 about 15, she eventually went to Igbinedion University graduating as the best student in her class despite being into grocery business and fashion designing.
One of my mentors told me I am 20 years ahead of my mates in thinking.
It's unfortunate that we have leaders who are taking us backwards, they are taking it backwards with their stupid mentality.
As for me by the time my kids clock 15 they must have become professionals, polyglots and renown experts in their areas of gifts.
Re: Senate Proposes 18 As Age For UTME Candidates by houseontherock: 6:52pm On Jul 13, 2021
It's okay to start uni at 18 abroad because you know the age you will graduate, unlike here where a 4-year course can take 9 years, yet employers will only take graduates not older than 27 when majority of our graduates are already over 30 because of the utme bottlenecks and ASUU strike! This doesn't make sense. One more reason to ensure my children don't bag their degrees here because it's all so frustrating
Re: Senate Proposes 18 As Age For UTME Candidates by rachytenny2(f): 6:53pm On Jul 13, 2021
At age 18. When the person can write it for 4 times in a row. If he gets into a federal university, ASUU is patiently waiting as well to elongate the years. Before you know it, the school will be filled with old men and women. How's this beneficial
Re: Senate Proposes 18 As Age For UTME Candidates by Nobody: 6:54pm On Jul 13, 2021
Yea,let it be accepted cus i dont know why parents keep rushing their kids to graduate at tender age.
18 was the age most of us entered university and we were able to make right decisions.
Most special centers are the cause of all these underaged kids in uni cus they even write waec at SS1 which is really bad.
Re: Senate Proposes 18 As Age For UTME Candidates by Seanjigga: 7:07pm On Jul 13, 2021
[quote author=ijustdey post=103666277]

https://www.sunnewsonline.com/senate-proposes-18-as-age-for-utme-candidates/[/quote

18 years and they will peg not above 30 in job recruitment. ]
Re: Senate Proposes 18 As Age For UTME Candidates by Obc1234(m): 7:29pm On Jul 13, 2021
I hope this year is not Among
Re: Senate Proposes 18 As Age For UTME Candidates by Bigpat: 8:05pm On Jul 13, 2021
This lawmakers are the problem of Nigeria, they cannot legislate on what will make Nigeria better or how they will scrap bicameral legislature as it is expensive, since they grow fat from the millions they receive for salaries & allowances, they now legislate on age of a student that paid for school fees, worked so hard, was able to pass the SSCE that qualifies him/her to write Jamb but didn't legislate on the underage children of 8yrs that were married off in some part of the country. Misplaced priority. Nigeria is really in trouble. No leaders but liars, looters, launderers

1 Like

Re: Senate Proposes 18 As Age For UTME Candidates by GABRIEL6036: 8:38pm On Jul 13, 2021
Beancounter93:

JAMB has always been a revenue generating agency....since before Bubu took over.
Bubu supporter initiative has spoken. grin
Re: Senate Proposes 18 As Age For UTME Candidates by Nobody: 8:42pm On Jul 13, 2021
GABRIEL6036:

Bubu supporter initiative has spoken. grin

For saying that JAMB has always been a revenue generating institution since its establishment, I am a Buhari supporter?

Are ye gone gyte?
Re: Senate Proposes 18 As Age For UTME Candidates by GABRIEL6036: 9:00pm On Jul 13, 2021
Beancounter93:

For saying that JAMB has always been a revenue generating institution since its establishment, I am a Buhari supporter?

Are ye gone gyte?
Oh I see. shocked your eyes go soon clear. Oloshi omo
Re: Senate Proposes 18 As Age For UTME Candidates by Nobody: 9:26pm On Jul 13, 2021
GABRIEL6036:

Oh I see. shocked your eyes go soon clear. Oloshi omo

JAMB has always been a revenue generating body..or where does the money you paid for your jamb exam go to....

Anyway, nice to meat you and do have a goed evenenin....
Re: Senate Proposes 18 As Age For UTME Candidates by Teewai69: 9:34pm On Jul 13, 2021
So if my daughter/son finishes secondary school at age 16, he/she will wait for 2 extra years till they clock 18years before they can attempt to write JAMB. What if they don't pass on their 1st attempt nko?
Also bear in mind that some would clock 19years before writing this same JAMB because if you're to register for the exam in November 2020 and write the exam in February 2021, whereas you'll be 18 by March 2021, it means you'll wait till the following year before registering.

Pls don't mind my jargons. My head is .....
I hope I made sense small

Pls who do us THESE things for NIGERIA.

1 Like

Re: Senate Proposes 18 As Age For UTME Candidates by SchoolGate: 9:40pm On Jul 13, 2021
adioolayi:

Are you obsessed with people's pictures? It's already on my profile...Why do you always talk about pictures
Who are you? wink
Re: Senate Proposes 18 As Age For UTME Candidates by telleyway: 10:10pm On Jul 13, 2021
The highest joke of the century
Re: Senate Proposes 18 As Age For UTME Candidates by edoairways: 10:21pm On Jul 13, 2021
Fortez:
Good . Too many young kids now in university
Blame secondary schools not universities. Some secondary schools admit kids below the required age
Re: Senate Proposes 18 As Age For UTME Candidates by Rick9(m): 10:54pm On Jul 13, 2021
Not even 16. Arrant nonsensx
Re: Senate Proposes 18 As Age For UTME Candidates by kings900: 11:46pm On Jul 13, 2021
The Senate should concentrate on getting both public and private sectors to use age 30 as the lowest employment age limit for young school leavers instead of the 25years employers have adopted, then they can push age limit for jamb to 18years. Else the age limit for jamb should be 14years. After all, these young ones are most times more smarter academically.
Re: Senate Proposes 18 As Age For UTME Candidates by Caseless: 2:26am On Jul 14, 2021
checkmatez:
Might not work because under buhari administration, jamb has become a revenue generating agency
they were a looting agency under Jonathan.
Re: Senate Proposes 18 As Age For UTME Candidates by misterjosh(m): 6:08am On Jul 14, 2021
dododawa1:
vocational learning of 1year and half.

And that seems like a good idea to undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

19-Year-Old Nigerian Lady Graduates From UK University After Repeating Exams / Nigeria Custom Service 2014/2015 Application Form Is 08067981687 / Aerial View Of The Sheen IMSU Love Garden (facts Vs Facts)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.