Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,521 members, 7,808,902 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:02 PM

EFCC Storms Parktonian Hotel Lagos, Snatches Key, Breaks Into Rooms - Gazette - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC Storms Parktonian Hotel Lagos, Snatches Key, Breaks Into Rooms - Gazette (39947 Views)

EFCC Storms Tinubu Polling Unit In Alausa (Video) / Why We Raided Lekki Parktonian Hotel: EFCC Story / Management Of Sun Newspaper Reacts, As EFCC Storms Its Office With Armed Men (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

EFCC Storms Parktonian Hotel Lagos, Snatches Key, Breaks Into Rooms - Gazette by Doraty1(f): 1:55pm On Jul 13, 2021
Trauma as EFCC operatives snatch hotel master key at gunpoint, break into rooms with guests naked

Many foreigners, including some potential investors, were caught in the “violent and uncivilised conduct” of the operatives, who were about two dozen, The Gazette learnt.

Operatives of the EFCC on Tuesday violently seized access cards and broke into hotel rooms in an overnight raid in Lagos, Peoples Gazette has learnt.

Dozens of hotel guests were left traumatised after anti-graft agents breached their privacy at Parktonian Hotel in Lagos affluent Lekki neighbourhood, witnesses said.

Many of the guests, including couples, were passing the night at the mid-size hotel when EFCC agents broke in at about 4:00 a.m. Some of them said they were naked under the duvet when agents broke in and were not even allowed to dress up before being interrogated by the officers, who said they were on a manhunt for suspected Internet fraudsters.

“The officers broke into my hotel room as I was sleeping,” a victim told The Gazette on Tuesday afternoon. “The incident that played out was just too traumatic for me to narrate.”

The witness said the officers started breaking into rooms after collecting the master access card to open all rooms from the management at gunpoint.

“They broke into the hotel and threatened to shoot the receptionists and management if they didn’t immediately release the master access card to them,” a witness said. “So the hotel workers had to comply immediately.”

Another witness who narrated his ordeal described it as “embarrassing and traumatising,” as he was unclad when operatives barged into the room.

Many foreigners, including some potential investors who came into the country to carry out preliminary studies on a cable manufacturing project, were caught in what witnesses described as “violent and uncivilised conduct” of the operatives, who were about two dozen.

The victim pleaded strict anonymity to avoid being victimised by EFCC agents. Some witnesses had previously reported being physically attacked by EFCC operatives for providing information about illegal and corrupt raids to the media.

“They continued to search other rooms. They went away with about 13 occupants,” he said. “I was naked, and I had to beg them (for me) to put something on. I am actually hypertensive, but I put myself together because I am not a criminal in any way.”

He described the experience as “embarrassing and traumatic,” noting that “nobody wants to sleep in a hotel where their privacy and security cannot be guaranteed.”

The witness added, “I am not going back to that hotel. They won’t go to Transcorp where people who are looting Nigeria’s money are staying.”

The hotel owner, Obinna Obiora, told The Gazette that he would comment on the matter later. The Gazette could not immediately confirm whether or not the officers had a warrant to invade the hotel.

When contacted by The Gazette, the spokesperson for the anti-graft agency, Wilson Uwujaren, claimed he was unaware of the raid.

“I haven’t got any report of such, but I’ll confirm from the Lagos office if there was any raid,” Mr Uwujaren told The Gazette over the telephone.

Controversial raids of public and private spaces have become increasingly common amongst EFCC officers in recent months. The department was established to fight economic crimes, but it has recently retooled itself towards a relentless crackdown on suspected Internet thieves, widely known as Yahoo Boys.

Earlier this year, an unidentified man jumped from the seventh floor of a storey building located at 1004 estate at Victoria Island, Lagos, during a raid by EFCC officials.

Last week, a similar incident played out at Oasis Park Estate, Osapa London, Lagos, where EFCC operatives frightened residents when they broke into homes in search of a purported Internet crook, who was not even around at the time of the raid, The Gazette learnt.

https://gazettengr.com/trauma-as-efcc-operatives-snatch-hotel-master-key-at-gunpoint-break-into-rooms-with-guests-naked/?utm_source=ReviveOldPost&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=ReviveOldPost

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Storms Parktonian Hotel Lagos, Snatches Key, Breaks Into Rooms - Gazette by nairavsdollars(f): 1:55pm On Jul 13, 2021
Impunity and lawlessness everywhere Where is this country heading to under this party

197 Likes 4 Shares

Re: EFCC Storms Parktonian Hotel Lagos, Snatches Key, Breaks Into Rooms - Gazette by Goldp5988(f): 1:59pm On Jul 13, 2021
nairavsdollars:
Impunity and lawlessness everywhere Where is this country heading to under this party

The promise land

57 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EFCC Storms Parktonian Hotel Lagos, Snatches Key, Breaks Into Rooms - Gazette by complexBoss12: 2:00pm On Jul 13, 2021
Being in the law enforcement in Nigeria, entitles you to breaking the law without consequences... what an irony!?

91 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EFCC Storms Parktonian Hotel Lagos, Snatches Key, Breaks Into Rooms - Gazette by EdoFirstBorn(m): 2:03pm On Jul 13, 2021
They are following the precedence laid down by Buhari

Well done

116 Likes 4 Shares

Re: EFCC Storms Parktonian Hotel Lagos, Snatches Key, Breaks Into Rooms - Gazette by TOPCRUISE(m): 2:04pm On Jul 13, 2021
During nacking hours. embarassed

It shows If you are minding your business you are not safe and no where is safe under Buhari.

149 Likes 5 Shares

Re: EFCC Storms Parktonian Hotel Lagos, Snatches Key, Breaks Into Rooms - Gazette by donbachi(m): 2:08pm On Jul 13, 2021
#Endefcc go soon trend.

119 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EFCC Storms Parktonian Hotel Lagos, Snatches Key, Breaks Into Rooms - Gazette by seborrhic: 2:12pm On Jul 13, 2021
That young man has never looked like a serious,competent fellow to me.
Each passing day he proves he is just clowning around as the EFCC boss.

95 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Storms Parktonian Hotel Lagos, Snatches Key, Breaks Into Rooms - Gazette by Franzinni: 2:17pm On Jul 13, 2021
Well cant I blame them ... to make an omelette, you have to break some eggs.

See don't even waste your time bursting hotels ... create a software that can flag financial transactions and use that to filter suspects And begin to invite boys for interview.

Failure to come means you will lose your Stolo money.

If you catch one give them 30 years hard labour or an option of implicating 10 colleagues for a reduced sentence. Bros sanko go full two days ...

Let police officers in plain clothes begin to patrol high class neighborhoods looking like the average Joe ... observe till you are sure you have a Yahoo boy then ... clean him out quick. Then give them 30 years or snitch 10 guys.

Bros naija go hot!!!!!!

See me with my Jack Daniel bottle dey reason solution for inside my zanga. So why our dicktecthieves never fit solve this internet robbers matter ...?

If you mention me, no use insult because I no balance laidis.

64 Likes 10 Shares

Re: EFCC Storms Parktonian Hotel Lagos, Snatches Key, Breaks Into Rooms - Gazette by Maxymilliano(m): 2:22pm On Jul 13, 2021
Lawlessness at it's peak sad

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Storms Parktonian Hotel Lagos, Snatches Key, Breaks Into Rooms - Gazette by Conner44: 2:23pm On Jul 13, 2021
interesting, that is the duty of the efcc.
Re: EFCC Storms Parktonian Hotel Lagos, Snatches Key, Breaks Into Rooms - Gazette by realstars: 2:30pm On Jul 13, 2021
The Idiots Are Not Nomal, Some Mad Dogs, I Can See Why Wadome Show Them The Way To Play The Game.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Storms Parktonian Hotel Lagos, Snatches Key, Breaks Into Rooms - Gazette by mzBEAM(f): 2:55pm On Jul 13, 2021
EFCC is a very corrupt institution.

35 Likes

Re: EFCC Storms Parktonian Hotel Lagos, Snatches Key, Breaks Into Rooms - Gazette by Trutherme: 2:55pm On Jul 13, 2021
shocked
When you allow clowns to lead you.
Don't complain when they start entertaining you.
You should either enjoy the show, stay till the end, or cry and feel played.

There used to be a Country though lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

31 Likes

Re: EFCC Storms Parktonian Hotel Lagos, Snatches Key, Breaks Into Rooms - Gazette by MrsNwaAmaikpe(f): 2:55pm On Jul 13, 2021
shocked

These reckless and uncivilized acts are defended by the 1999 constitution hurriedly prepared by hoodlums and touts in Nigerian army uniform.

33 Likes

Re: EFCC Storms Parktonian Hotel Lagos, Snatches Key, Breaks Into Rooms - Gazette by Chijeep(m): 2:55pm On Jul 13, 2021
Madness Everywhere...
Why will a sane person do such?
No respect for peoples business, not respect for peoples privacy

5 Likes

Re: EFCC Storms Parktonian Hotel Lagos, Snatches Key, Breaks Into Rooms - Gazette by Muhylonaire007: 2:55pm On Jul 13, 2021
Hmmm.. The day boys go retaliate give this guys ehn. No wahala sha

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EFCC Storms Parktonian Hotel Lagos, Snatches Key, Breaks Into Rooms - Gazette by tuna85: 2:55pm On Jul 13, 2021
Goldp5988:

The promise land

grin
Re: EFCC Storms Parktonian Hotel Lagos, Snatches Key, Breaks Into Rooms - Gazette by Odunolumide(m): 2:56pm On Jul 13, 2021
Lawlessness at it's peak
Re: EFCC Storms Parktonian Hotel Lagos, Snatches Key, Breaks Into Rooms - Gazette by Mewhizzp(m): 2:56pm On Jul 13, 2021
Conner44:
wait oh . . . so dss are now hunting yahoo boys?

interesting, so what is the duty of efcc again?

Oga na EFCC

3 Likes

Re: EFCC Storms Parktonian Hotel Lagos, Snatches Key, Breaks Into Rooms - Gazette by Nobody: 2:56pm On Jul 13, 2021
Yes, for once I back EFCC

Because if you tell foreigners that you are Nigerian, and the first thing you get is a joke about the 'Nigerian Prince' and ' how we are expecting the lottery winnings from Nigeria'...you will know how Yahoo boys have messed our economy.

And those jokes get to the ears of investors too...potential investors.

Yahoo, bandits, Boko, kidnappers, etc...may they all end up in jail forever.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EFCC Storms Parktonian Hotel Lagos, Snatches Key, Breaks Into Rooms - Gazette by Akharmony: 2:56pm On Jul 13, 2021
Bawa is working abbi��
Re: EFCC Storms Parktonian Hotel Lagos, Snatches Key, Breaks Into Rooms - Gazette by shegzhkn: 2:56pm On Jul 13, 2021
Hmm.
Re: EFCC Storms Parktonian Hotel Lagos, Snatches Key, Breaks Into Rooms - Gazette by Tyranny: 2:56pm On Jul 13, 2021
There's something you guys don't know!
Re: EFCC Storms Parktonian Hotel Lagos, Snatches Key, Breaks Into Rooms - Gazette by Sandydayziz(f): 2:56pm On Jul 13, 2021
Wow undecided
Is there anything they can’t do in this country?
Re: EFCC Storms Parktonian Hotel Lagos, Snatches Key, Breaks Into Rooms - Gazette by Stupidquestions: 2:57pm On Jul 13, 2021
Shebi Many idiots on this forum supported how Igbohos house was bursted and invaded in the middle of the night....u should all prepare. It will get worse, and na everyone go chop am, until u know that injustice to one, quickly leads to injustice to all

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: EFCC Storms Parktonian Hotel Lagos, Snatches Key, Breaks Into Rooms - Gazette by Uniswap: 2:57pm On Jul 13, 2021
The hotel don cast

To think I was planning to lodge there this week
Shortlets are the best sha

6 Likes

Re: EFCC Storms Parktonian Hotel Lagos, Snatches Key, Breaks Into Rooms - Gazette by MansoryMX(m): 2:58pm On Jul 13, 2021
The novel Animal farm nor do reach Wetin this aboki people people have turn a once highly respected and peaceful country to. Watch how one fool who doesn’t know his left from right will come and defend EFCC on this shameful an abomination act. How do you invade people’s privacy because you are chasing yahoo boys. What happens to proper investigation? I said it before and I will say it again, if Buhari and the entire north things they will use Efcc to intimidate us! They should have a rethink because very soon Efcc agents will become endangered species like the Nigeria police are in the East!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Storms Parktonian Hotel Lagos, Snatches Key, Breaks Into Rooms - Gazette by osuofia2(m): 2:58pm On Jul 13, 2021
WAIT AND SEE HOW THOSE SW CRIMINALS CRITIZISE BABA BUHARI. YOU CANT FIND SUCH FRAUDSTERS IN THE NORTH
Re: EFCC Storms Parktonian Hotel Lagos, Snatches Key, Breaks Into Rooms - Gazette by CEOKmotors: 2:58pm On Jul 13, 2021
lipsrsealed
Don tire for Nigeria.
Which kind country be dis for heaven sake.
Re: EFCC Storms Parktonian Hotel Lagos, Snatches Key, Breaks Into Rooms - Gazette by Deesenator: 2:58pm On Jul 13, 2021
EFCC is political watch dogs under every government in power
Re: EFCC Storms Parktonian Hotel Lagos, Snatches Key, Breaks Into Rooms - Gazette by Conner44: 2:58pm On Jul 13, 2021
Mewhizzp:

Oga na EFCC

dont mind op he modified his post fromdss to efcc

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fayose Responds To Second Impeachment Question / I Can’t Be A Deputy Governor – Dino Melaye / Nnewi North TC Chairman Suspended Over Wife's "Murder" (Graphic Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.