Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,186 members, 7,807,629 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:33 PM

Akintoye: Awolowo Told Me Yoruba, Igbo Must Work Together For Freedom - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akintoye: Awolowo Told Me Yoruba, Igbo Must Work Together For Freedom (30895 Views)

IPOB's Statement On Clark Idiotic, Igbo Must Apologize - PANDEF / Why Igbo's Must Ignore The 31st Sit At Home Order. / Orji Kalu: Awolowo Told Me He Did Not Trust Babangida (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akintoye: Awolowo Told Me Yoruba, Igbo Must Work Together For Freedom by Nobody: 1:03am On Jul 14, 2021
The greatest fear of the North is the unity of the South.

The Southerners don't know the enormity of the problem on ground. Most of those divisive statements are not from Yorubas or IBOS. If the present generation failed in bringing about the unity, the future generation have no choice.

The North is banking on the religious and political dichotomy in Yoruba land and the complexity of different groups from the tribes in Yoruba land to create disunity in the South.

The North is using the Presidency to attract support from Yorubas and IBOS . The Yorubas are not interested in Presidency apart from Tinubu and his very few supporters. The characters of Yorubas does not make Yoruba Presidency a benefit to Yoruba land.

There is a fundamental problem in the foundation of Nigeria. All Fulani all over the world see Nigeria as their inheritance. If you rule for 8 years and embezzled oil money at $130 to $135 per barrel or you go to China and other countries to borrow money because oil is not selling above $100 per barrel in your regime and carry out heavy looting and imprisoned future generations with debts, Nigeria will still remain Fulani property.

The South must be united. Tinubu or IBO Presidency is not the solution. The North is just wasting Southern Nigeria precious time with gift of Presidency.

People should not allow Northern representative in nairaland to divert the attention of this topic with 2023 presidency. Ngige and Tinubu are already carried away with 2023 presidency not thinking about the future generations. That is why I posted Aliyu Gwarzo' s article of 2019.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akintoye: Awolowo Told Me Yoruba, Igbo Must Work Together For Freedom by Toks2008(m): 1:06am On Jul 14, 2021
Buckeyemedia1:
Joker you held back crocodile tears reading this fable from papa that is suffering from demented amnesia? Maybe you were too young to know that Awolowo’s number one enemy was Akintola his Kinsman, then followed closely by Nnamdi Azikiwe his arch rival? Only one can rule from the south either Igbo, or Yoruba. Choose your poison chalice. All these so called Southern Unity, na youthful mumurism.

Who is this one?

He is obviously more mentally sound than you.

2 Likes

Re: Akintoye: Awolowo Told Me Yoruba, Igbo Must Work Together For Freedom by tommy589(m): 1:12am On Jul 14, 2021
OkpaNsukkaisBae:

Your argument is flawed because SE/SS voted massively for OBJ South West in 1999/2003. Even Buhari picked his running mate from South East. We rejected him.

Jagaban is greedy and selfish. But then the day of reckoning is fast approaching. Looking forward to seeing Jagaban campaign train in Asaba , Ph , Benin city , Owerri etc grin grin

I have been stressing the fact that Tinubu supported Jonathan in 2011,where is the flawed argument here?

Talking of Obj getting SE votes is another subject entirely.If that is the premises that you want SW votes for Igbo presidency say so. Did his tribesmen voted for him? No. And his appreciation for SE voters was evident in the composition of his cabinet. No marginalisation

If you see Tinubu campaign train in 2023 pelt it with stones,I care less. If Buhari wants to handover to Aisha or Yusuf I don't care. My votes goes to an Igbo man in 2023, not that I expect any difference, just want to see what he makes of the presidency grin

2 Likes

Re: Akintoye: Awolowo Told Me Yoruba, Igbo Must Work Together For Freedom by Simbrixton(m): 1:20am On Jul 14, 2021
no to unity with tribalistic igbos abeg
Re: Akintoye: Awolowo Told Me Yoruba, Igbo Must Work Together For Freedom by Simbrixton(m): 1:23am On Jul 14, 2021
igbos are not united with ikwerre, ikas, ndokwas, enuani,ijaw, igala, ibibio, bini, esan, afemai, itsekiri,urhobo, nupe,efik,idoma,ogoja nobody like igbo for south anyway so Bleep unity with ibos

3 Likes

Re: Akintoye: Awolowo Told Me Yoruba, Igbo Must Work Together For Freedom by Nobody: 1:28am On Jul 14, 2021
Simbrixton:
igbos are not united with ikwerre, ikas, ndokwas, enuani,ijaw, igala, ibibio, bini, esan, afemai, itsekiri,urhobo, nupe,efik,idoma,ogoja nobody like igbo for south anyway so Bleep unity with ibos

I have advised IBOS severally on different social media about the need to build relationships with neighbours. All the groups in the South must come together.
Re: Akintoye: Awolowo Told Me Yoruba, Igbo Must Work Together For Freedom by hansomb: 1:37am On Jul 14, 2021
Asgard73:
Any igbo working with Yoruba and screaming southern unity is a huge efulefu..

Yoruba will still apply tufaced diplomacy at anytime convenient for them without looking una side.

It’s all about their interest and will mock you guys just as they’ve been doing
EHAT IS THE ADVANTAGE OF SOUTHERN UNITY WITH YORUBA MAN..TO AN IGBO MAN

SAME YORUBA TELLS YOU .. IGBOS CANT RULE NIGERIA .. SAME YORUBA INSULTS UNA SENSIBILITY DAILY ..

SAME YORUBA DEY FRONT OSIBANJO AND TINUBU FOR PRESIDENT UNDER SOUTHERN UNITY
WHY CANT YORUBA SUPPORT YOU IGBOS FOR PRESIDENT IN 2023..
WHY CANT TINUBU WITHDRAW FROM ME 2023 RACE AND SUPPORT AN IGBO MAN..

SOUTHERN UNITY IS YORUBA PLAYING POLITICS WITH IGBO EMOTIONS .. WHICH WILL END IN IGBOS CALLING YORUBA BETRAYALS AND YORUBA TELLIG IGBOMAN HOW SOPHISTICATED HE IS..
IGBOS SHOULD WAKE FROM THIS DECIET.. EVEN IF .. LET THERE BE AN AGREEMENT TO EXFECT SOUTHERN UNITY.

Wise men are from east .. but this generation of igbos are careless about a lot of things
Why didn’t he said all this before..

Nothing like southern unity with Yoruba ... infact saying Awolowo held your hand and talk nonsense is an insult to igbos..

Careless humans with their cunning mentality

WILL KEEP OPPOSING THE IDEA OF IGBOS UNITY WITH YORUBA PEOPLE

OIL AND WATER CANT MIX... TOMORROW WILL JUSTIFY THIS STAND.

Onye choro ga Yoruba rie ya.. eri e ya.. after all .. onye aghogburu ka Erie...

Till yoruba people que behind an igboman for President any other thing Na noise and pretence to position their own..

Tinubu wey no go fit campaign in the east and south will use southern unity crap to come.. and still go mEcca to hug his masters

Walai they thing belike dem Jazz igbos

Southern unity with Yoruba people to what advantages to an Igbo man?

To fight aboki... which aboki?

Igbo make una geh sense... Na so Ojukwu been the hail Awolowo and his partner..

Ojukwu wAke late... this generation is about going same way..

WHY BE SAY NA ONLY YORUBA THE MENTION ...
IM NOT HERE FOR NAIRALAND LIKES .. I SPEAK THE TRUTH AND IS PAINFUL

SOUTHERN UNITY IS DEAD .. YORUBA CUNNY HAVE FAILED BEFORE THE START
Even within the Igbos there's no unity with the discriminatory Caste system you people practice and the inferiority complex you associates with some community say Eboyi. Who knows maybe you an OSU talking , you should be serving the gods in a thick dark frightening God forsaken Ajofia nnnewi . . . . . .

1 Like

Re: Akintoye: Awolowo Told Me Yoruba, Igbo Must Work Together For Freedom by hansomb: 1:44am On Jul 14, 2021
When Igbos had the opportunity of electing Buhari and Okadigbo tickets, they let it sleeps there hand. They had the opportunity of electing there larger than like ohakim Ojukwu, but Jonathan used money and empty promises to block there eyes and mouth. Charity begins at home. Nnamdi Kanu said anybody who prays with a Yoruba Christian pastor is a bastard.

1 Like

Re: Akintoye: Awolowo Told Me Yoruba, Igbo Must Work Together For Freedom by macof(m): 1:56am On Jul 14, 2021
Asgard73:

Yoruba will still apply tufaced diplomacy at anytime convenient for them without looking una side.

SAME YORUBA TELLS YOU .. IGBOS CANT RULE NIGERIA .. SAME YORUBA INSULTS UNA SENSIBILITY DAILY ..

SOUTHERN UNITY IS YORUBA PLAYING POLITICS WITH IGBO EMOTIONS .. WHICH WILL END IN IGBOS CALLING YORUBA BETRAYALS AND YORUBA TELLIG IGBOMAN HOW SOPHISTICATED HE IS..
IGBOS SHOULD WAKE FROM THIS DECIET.. EVEN IF .. LET THERE BE AN AGREEMENT TO EXFECT SOUTHERN UNITY.

Wise men are from east .. but this generation of igbos are careless about a lot of things

Nothing like southern unity with Yoruba ... infact saying Awolowo held your hand and talk nonsense is an insult to igbos..

Till yoruba people que behind an igboman for President any other thing Na noise and pretence to position their own..

Tinubu wey no go fit campaign in the east and south will use southern unity crap to come.. and still go mEcca to hug his masters

Fulani man. We hear, you are doing the job they sent you to do well

2 Likes

Re: Akintoye: Awolowo Told Me Yoruba, Igbo Must Work Together For Freedom by Surulere11: 1:56am On Jul 14, 2021
Good

I buy/sell paypal funds,zelle,greendot,cashapp,venmo,skrill,rmb,Neteller,edd funds and all type of gift cards like itunes and others WhatsApp
Re: Akintoye: Awolowo Told Me Yoruba, Igbo Must Work Together For Freedom by akigbemaru: 1:59am On Jul 14, 2021
AlexBells:
Yoruba and Igbos are already working together, but there must be limit to that working together, we will not work together with you to fight Fulanis and revert the Afonja mistakes, However we will work with you on political alliances, business, industry and human development
Re: Akintoye: Awolowo Told Me Yoruba, Igbo Must Work Together For Freedom by macof(m): 2:02am On Jul 14, 2021
Ojikutubaba:
Lailai it won't work. Can't have anything to do with those Igbo savages.
shut up your silly self. You don't represent anything remotely connected to us yorubas. Stick to your Northerner hell hole
Re: Akintoye: Awolowo Told Me Yoruba, Igbo Must Work Together For Freedom by Emancipating: 2:24am On Jul 14, 2021
Igbos and yorubas,the divisive individuals are here just ignore their statement.when you reply they keep spitting trash.the south is uniting and there is nothing the so called owners of Nigeria can do.nothing last forever as they are scared to their pants.ignore useless statements

1 Like

Re: Akintoye: Awolowo Told Me Yoruba, Igbo Must Work Together For Freedom by Obamaofusa: 3:16am On Jul 14, 2021
brownemmanuel43:
Wen did Igbos and afonjas started this hood romance?
Or when did Igbos and afonjas started husband and wife Joli Joli
Mak every godamn person answer his or her father's name jare.
I knew that a day will come that afonjas will change their tune.
A day would come that afonjas will start shouting a United South.
A day would come that afonjas will start shouting Odudua we stand and Biafra will stand.
So all this romance started bcs their selfish interest was not met?
I thought afonjas said that West and North are brothers? So where did the brotherhood gone to?
Afonjas are changing dimension bcs they have started feeling the hit small small.
Nobody dey separate from the zoo,all of us go dey here enjoy the Fulani oligarchy

fulani terrorist.

1 Like

Re: Akintoye: Awolowo Told Me Yoruba, Igbo Must Work Together For Freedom by moshino(m): 3:16am On Jul 14, 2021
EraseTheDot:
Allow Awolowo to rest, don't use him to score a cheap point.

Buhari (north) - Number 1
Osinbajo(SW)- Number 2
Obasanjo- Number 1
Yar'dua- Number 1
Gej- Number 1
SE- ?? - Number 0

The empty dot are the only ones crying and acting like slaves.

- erase the dot

Erase the dot, and you get an empty circle, much like your head.

And how do you live with yourself with this much hate and bigotry within you, how has it elevated your life?
Re: Akintoye: Awolowo Told Me Yoruba, Igbo Must Work Together For Freedom by Odinaka00(m): 3:59am On Jul 14, 2021
Asgard73:

Dan Bayerebe..

The questions Igbos should be asking Yoruba people singing and screaming southern unity ..

What will southern unity benefits igbos...

Why now .. and even all of sudden .. southern unity

Why is the baba talking now after years.. the man is lying.. he’s just looking for front for emotional blackmail..
Why didn’t Awolowo public announce this..

Awolowo lived his trying fighting to separate igbos from southern minorities..
Yoruba have been doing .. and more before every elections

Today Yoruba people are screaming southern unity and some igbos are falling for this

Are yoruba people united in Yoruba land

How is yoruba Muslim dealing with Yoruba Christians .. in same Yoruba land .. talk more southern unity

Same Yoruba mock igbos on how they can never rule Nigeria .. same Yoruba people are telling us that any southerner that vote for a Northerner is a fool?
Same Yoruba are supporting Tinubu and osibanjo as southernerra

Why cant same Yoruba forget their ambitions and support igbos for presidency since no southerners are forbidden to vote Northerners

Yoruba are stylishly positioning the south to vote Tinubu or osibanjo.. that’s what they call political Sophistication.. same Yoruba will turn to abuse and mock you

There’s no aboki enemy anywhere .. it was same Yoruba that brought Fulani and bandits to Nigeria .. same Yoruba now wan use igbos brain to geh President.. why are they not shouting unity with ijaw a and southern minorities.. because they know say where igbos go are where this people will go..

Igbos should wake up .
Southern unity is Yoruba way of fightin Apc in case they deny Tinubu ticket ..

Na very huge blackmail

I don’t know if you re aboki pretending to be Igbo but if you re a true Igbo man, this your comment is not needed now. We need to spread this message to every Southerners that we need to unite to save the future of our generations, we can’t continue sharing a country with these northerners, these guys are the reason why we re here, they re taking Nigeria back,

1 Like

Re: Akintoye: Awolowo Told Me Yoruba, Igbo Must Work Together For Freedom by favour32(m): 4:28am On Jul 14, 2021
Asgard73:

Fulani herdsman!
Re: Akintoye: Awolowo Told Me Yoruba, Igbo Must Work Together For Freedom by okoroemeka(m): 4:54am On Jul 14, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:
They must not betray themselves
what a load of crap,the awolowo that said Yoruba and Igbo must work together what did he do when col ojukwu released him from Calabar prison to go back to the southwest and form a Yoruba nation,but instead of him to size the opportunity to be the first president of oduduwa republic he chooses to be a servant as minister of finance under gowon,let nobody think the man from the southeast is a fool,we will not forget but now the sad reality is that the south must unite even if temporarily to get better concessions from the Fulani government

2 Likes

Re: Akintoye: Awolowo Told Me Yoruba, Igbo Must Work Together For Freedom by biggie73(m): 4:57am On Jul 14, 2021
This same Awolowo worked against the Igbo's liberation during the Biafra-Nigerian war.
Re: Akintoye: Awolowo Told Me Yoruba, Igbo Must Work Together For Freedom by Doyou2019: 5:31am On Jul 14, 2021
TheCalculator:
Why just saying it now
These are desperate times brother

1 Like

Re: Akintoye: Awolowo Told Me Yoruba, Igbo Must Work Together For Freedom by Doyou2019: 5:36am On Jul 14, 2021
jaxxy:
The British didn’t like the Yoruba bt it’s same Yoruba that are the most in population from Nigeria in Britian. undecided

These people fail to realize we are not in 1960 anymore. We are not even in military/civilian rule. We are in democracy with a democratic constitution of sort.

Nobody said Yoruba and Igbos shouldn’t unite as south bt it doesn’t have to look like a gang up against the North. Nigeria as a whole should unite with all parties being and feeling equal. And mind u there are other tribes out these three tribes especially in modern Nigeria.

The North has been ganging up against the rest of Nigerians for decades, they and their comrades in Niger and Mali, and this is all you have to say?
Re: Akintoye: Awolowo Told Me Yoruba, Igbo Must Work Together For Freedom by EagleNest(m): 5:47am On Jul 14, 2021
Asgard73:

Dan Bayerebe..

The questions Igbos should be asking Yoruba people singing and screaming southern unity ..

Why is the baba talking now after years.. the man is lying.. he’s just looking for front for emotional blackmail..

Today Yoruba people are screaming southern unity and some igbos are falling for this

How is yoruba Muslim dealing with Yoruba Christians .. in same Yoruba land .. talk more southern unity

Same Yoruba mock igbos on how they can never rule Nigeria .. same Yoruba people are telling us that any southerner that vote for a Northerner is a fool?

Why cant same Yoruba forget their ambitions and support igbos for presidency since no southerners are forbidden to vote Northerners

Yoruba are stylishly positioning the south to vote Tinubu or osibanjo.. that’s what they call political Sophistication.. same Yoruba will turn to abuse and mock you

There’s no aboki enemy anywhere .. it was same Yoruba that brought Fulani and bandits to Nigeria .. same Yoruba now wan use igbos brain to geh President.. why are they not shouting unity with ijaw a and southern minorities.. because they know say where igbos go are where this people will go..

Igbos should wake up .

Na very huge blackmail

This your last paragraph na bomb!
Re: Akintoye: Awolowo Told Me Yoruba, Igbo Must Work Together For Freedom by Jolomenas: 5:47am On Jul 14, 2021
strangest:

aboki
Aboki means friend.
You stupid idiot

1 Like

Re: Akintoye: Awolowo Told Me Yoruba, Igbo Must Work Together For Freedom by danilmo: 6:10am On Jul 14, 2021
Asgard73:

Gibberish from a Yoruba naive human..
You know nothing

Next!

We know nothing but the little recent move/cough we gave u has giving self employment in typing long epistle from nairaland thread to threads venting against southern unity grin .

U seems to always fight nature, like u're used to reality. shocked

This my Okoro brother eh grin.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akintoye: Awolowo Told Me Yoruba, Igbo Must Work Together For Freedom by Fcwilly: 6:18am On Jul 14, 2021
Which Awolowo? Is he not the one that worked together with the northern people and bring hardship on eastern people during and after the civil war? Please find something else and say, chief Obafemi Awolowo is a betrayal when it comes to do with anything that will benefit the Igbo people. Igbo lost billions of naira under his policy in Nigeria after the war.

1 Like

Re: Akintoye: Awolowo Told Me Yoruba, Igbo Must Work Together For Freedom by jaxxy(m): 6:20am On Jul 14, 2021
Doyou2019:

The North has been ganging up against the rest of Nigerians for decades, they and their comrades in Niger and Mali, and this is all you have to say?

Ganging up how?? Are people from Togo, Cotonou not here in Nigeria? Aslong as they are legal and doing lawful business what is the problem?

The North has their issues bt they aren’t ganging up against anybody. There are Christian northerners, there are Northerners is different political parties. Anybody trying to say it has to be North against south is completely wrong.

I know this is happening majorly because of the south east, they blame the North and southwest for many things and feel that is a reason to break up. It’s still same mentality of 1960. Bt u cannot live in the past forever u must move on and face the new and modern challenges. A 1963 solution or constitution may not work or solve the problems in 2021. There are many newer and improved ways of doing things.

Obasanjo and Goodluck were president almost consecutively yet the North is ganging up?

Even this time around the North had already accepted its time for the south until Igbos and Yoruba started dragging and saying they will not allow the other be president. Then Igbos said they will rather North continue as president than south west bt yet it’s the North that’s ganging up as against the south? A south that has been disagreeable and ganging up against themselves?? undecided

Also bigotry won’t help anybody.

1 Like

Re: Akintoye: Awolowo Told Me Yoruba, Igbo Must Work Together For Freedom by Angeltjazz2017(m): 6:25am On Jul 14, 2021
Asgard73:

Dan Bayerebe..

YOU ARE THE ONE OF THE ANGEL OF THIS DISUNITY U NA WELDONE,godblessurhandwork

Igbos should wake up .

Na very huge blackmail
Re: Akintoye: Awolowo Told Me Yoruba, Igbo Must Work Together For Freedom by Athemisia: 6:28am On Jul 14, 2021
nedekid:

I think mentioning igbo and Yoruba is representative of the south. Don't forget those days you make reference to Yoruba, igbo and hausa as the major tribes and language of Nigeria.
Those days are gone... Now they're other tribes that need recognition too..
Re: Akintoye: Awolowo Told Me Yoruba, Igbo Must Work Together For Freedom by dragunov: 6:30am On Jul 14, 2021
Fulani cow boyfriend. How many herd of cattle have you copulated with? Your divide and rule tactics on social media amounts to nothing. Don't waste your bloody time
Re: Akintoye: Awolowo Told Me Yoruba, Igbo Must Work Together For Freedom by dragunov: 6:36am On Jul 14, 2021
Fcwilly:
Which Awolowo? Is he not the one that worked together with the northern people and bring hardship on eastern people during and after the civil war? Please find something else and say, chief Obafemi Awolowo is a betrayal when it comes to do with anything that will benefit the Igbo people. Igbo lost billions of naira under his policy in Nigeria after the war.

You must remember that zik betrayed Awo by joining forces with Balewa. He was partly instrumental to creating trumped up charges against Awo which led to his incarceration one and a half years after independence. It was soldiers of Igbo extraction that Balewa used to kill 14000 Yoruba protesters who were incensed by Awo's imprisonment. When you want to discuss matters like this, take it from the foundation and stop spewing trash and spawning hatred here

1 Like

Re: Akintoye: Awolowo Told Me Yoruba, Igbo Must Work Together For Freedom by dragunov: 6:38am On Jul 14, 2021
okoroemeka:
what a load of crap,the awolowo that said Yoruba and Igbo must work together what did he do when col ojukwu released him from Calabar prison to go back to the southwest and form a Yoruba nation,but instead of him to size the opportunity to be the first president of oduduwa republic he chooses to be a servant as minister of finance under gowon,let nobody think the man from the southeast is a fool,we will not forget but now the sad reality is that the south must unite even if temporarily to get better concessions from the Fulani government

Fulani f00l!

1 Like

Re: Akintoye: Awolowo Told Me Yoruba, Igbo Must Work Together For Freedom by Nobody: 6:43am On Jul 14, 2021
NOETHNICITY:
History has it that while people like Awo and Enahoro and even Ahmedu Bello campaigned for the north to go it's way Zik agitated that there must be one indivisible country nigeria

We keep falling for this lies over and over again. if you go to the archives of the office of the secretary to the colonies in London. The british position was clear as a prerequisite for independence all regions must be together. The British were weary of the french who wanted to break Nigeria because it's size they feared will emasculate their colonies. My own annoyance was Awo and Zik fell for the bait because they wanted independence without bloodshed who get independence freely? It is never possible unless some strings are attached and the strings is the Northern hegemony we are suffering now.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

"We Blew Up Agip Obi Obi Brass Trunk, In Bayelsa By 3Am" - Niger Delta Avengers / We Will Sign The Peace Corps Bill If We Regain Power – PDP / Pictures From PDP Presidential Rally In Nasarawa State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.