Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,491 members, 7,808,818 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:22 PM

Permit Ban: Cars With Factory-Fitted Tinted Glasses Exempted - IGP - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Permit Ban: Cars With Factory-Fitted Tinted Glasses Exempted - IGP (21381 Views)

Enugu Residents React To Ban On Tinted Glasses By State Government / How Has The Ban On Tinted Glasses Affected You? / Hondas And Other Cars With Failed Ball Joint On The Roads (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Permit Ban: Cars With Factory-Fitted Tinted Glasses Exempted - IGP by maimalari: 7:14am On Jul 14, 2021
The Inspector-General of Police, Mr Usman Baba, has said that the ban placed on the issuance of permits to vehicles with tinted glasses is not directed at cars with factory-fitted ones.

Baba made the clarification on Tuesday during a brief virtual media interaction with some journalists.

He said that the decision was taken to stop the abuses associated with the use of tinted glasses and SPY number plates by unauthorised members of the public.

The the IGP had last month (June) announced the immediate suspension of tinted glass permits and issuance of SPY number plates in the country.

According to him, some mischievous persons have capitalised on the license to commit heinous crimes.

The police boss acknowledged the complaint that his men were taking advantage of the directive on the tinted glass permits to harass innocent car owners with factory-fitted tinted glasses.
https://punchng.com/permit-ban-cars-with-factory-fitted-tinted-glasses-exempted-says-igp/

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Permit Ban: Cars With Factory-Fitted Tinted Glasses Exempted - IGP by Untainted007: 7:18am On Jul 14, 2021
How I wished the officers at check points can interprete this well. Some of them will even turn the vehicle documents upside down.
But Mr IGP sir, problems in Nigeria is much more than tinted glasses you have been talking about since u got into office.

60 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Permit Ban: Cars With Factory-Fitted Tinted Glasses Exempted - IGP by jlinkd78(m): 7:28am On Jul 14, 2021
The Police will form they don't know how to read. I need a further clarification. Is it that d factory fitted ones do not need tinted permit from onset or that d ban on issuance of tinted permit do not affect them. Nairaland book worms please help a brother

9 Likes

Re: Permit Ban: Cars With Factory-Fitted Tinted Glasses Exempted - IGP by Nuelito: 7:29am On Jul 14, 2021
Ok.... Well clarified and noted
Re: Permit Ban: Cars With Factory-Fitted Tinted Glasses Exempted - IGP by Monogamy: 7:30am On Jul 14, 2021
The police on the roads do no not know nor understand that

5 Likes

Re: Permit Ban: Cars With Factory-Fitted Tinted Glasses Exempted - IGP by Ademola47(m): 7:38am On Jul 14, 2021
One thing with the police (junior officers) is that they know the truth, but deny or circumvent it to extort the masses. It takes an extremely God-fearing IPO/DPO to enforce it diligently among his boys.

This directive may not be different.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Permit Ban: Cars With Factory-Fitted Tinted Glasses Exempted - IGP by nrexzy: 7:54am On Jul 14, 2021
Correct.... Make i call my importer
Re: Permit Ban: Cars With Factory-Fitted Tinted Glasses Exempted - IGP by Siwisheswereesh: 8:07am On Jul 14, 2021
Nice!
Re: Permit Ban: Cars With Factory-Fitted Tinted Glasses Exempted - IGP by TimmyTen(m): 8:08am On Jul 14, 2021
I do not see myself using an auto without one. Ban or No Ban

7 Likes

Re: Permit Ban: Cars With Factory-Fitted Tinted Glasses Exempted - IGP by Antoeni(m): 8:08am On Jul 14, 2021
Thank God’ I am free
Re: Permit Ban: Cars With Factory-Fitted Tinted Glasses Exempted - IGP by clarocuzioo(m): 8:08am On Jul 14, 2021
Mr. IGP, how will.our illiterate poice officers on the road differentiate between the factory fitted and non factory fitted tinted glasses.

8 Likes

Re: Permit Ban: Cars With Factory-Fitted Tinted Glasses Exempted - IGP by Handsum64: 8:08am On Jul 14, 2021
Nigerian police will not hear that one now
Re: Permit Ban: Cars With Factory-Fitted Tinted Glasses Exempted - IGP by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:08am On Jul 14, 2021
Some mischievous persons have capitalised on the license to commit heinous crimes.

The complaint that some officers were taking advantage of the directive on the tinted glass permits to harass innocent car owners with factory-fitted tinted glasses should therefore be looked into

We Rise!

4 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Permit Ban: Cars With Factory-Fitted Tinted Glasses Exempted - IGP by Ceenachi: 8:09am On Jul 14, 2021
How will the nigerian police identify a factory-fitted tinted glass?
They won’t know the difference.
They are so backwards

————————————————————————- This IG man dey smoke oooo, see his lips grin grin

13 Likes

Re: Permit Ban: Cars With Factory-Fitted Tinted Glasses Exempted - IGP by Antoeni(m): 8:09am On Jul 14, 2021
As Nigerians, we are too funny

You bought Ram at 40,000 naira and Mr A asked what's the price?

You said 60,000 and Mr A went to same ram market and same ram size.

He was told to bring 55,000 and he paid. To him, it is cheaper than yours not knowing you mislead him to paying additional 15,000.

This is how we are responsible for inflating prices of goods and services out there.

What will you loose when you tell someone that the car you bought is a million naira not 1.5 million?

We are our own problems.
Let's reflect and have a rethink.

God bless Nigeria

69 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Permit Ban: Cars With Factory-Fitted Tinted Glasses Exempted - IGP by geesilver(m): 8:09am On Jul 14, 2021
The clarification should have followed the directives from on set, not when the harassment started after given orders...... Tomorrow now they might come out to deny it again. Nothing dey shock us again.....

1 Like

Re: Permit Ban: Cars With Factory-Fitted Tinted Glasses Exempted - IGP by topgear(m): 8:09am On Jul 14, 2021
Ok
Re: Permit Ban: Cars With Factory-Fitted Tinted Glasses Exempted - IGP by Akwamkpuruamu: 8:10am On Jul 14, 2021
Na him be say my sienna is safe. Why I go disturb myself again

1 Like

Re: Permit Ban: Cars With Factory-Fitted Tinted Glasses Exempted - IGP by freeminded(m): 8:10am On Jul 14, 2021
Ok
Re: Permit Ban: Cars With Factory-Fitted Tinted Glasses Exempted - IGP by toffyz(m): 8:10am On Jul 14, 2021
Officers @ checkpoints should be sensitized on how to differentiate btw factory-fitted and customized one.

1 Like

Re: Permit Ban: Cars With Factory-Fitted Tinted Glasses Exempted - IGP by nairavsdollars(f): 8:10am On Jul 14, 2021
Of all the problems in the country, tinted cars is IGP's headache

2 Likes

Re: Permit Ban: Cars With Factory-Fitted Tinted Glasses Exempted - IGP by Kingpele(m): 8:11am On Jul 14, 2021
Good move I pity the poor police officers that are making money from it
Re: Permit Ban: Cars With Factory-Fitted Tinted Glasses Exempted - IGP by Akwamkpuruamu: 8:11am On Jul 14, 2021
Antoeni:
As Nigerians, we are too funny

You bought Ram at 40,000 naira and Mr A asked what's the price?

You said 60,000 and Mr A went to same ram market and same ram size.

He was told to bring 55,000 and he paid. To him, it is cheaper than yours not knowing you mislead him to paying additional 15,000.

This is how we are responsible for inflating prices of goods and services out there.

What will you loose when you tell someone that the car you bought is a million naira not 1.5 million?

We are our own problems.
Let's reflect and have a rethink.

God bless Nigeria

You do t blame them because its business and an agreement was reached before wpqurchase and you need to make profit. The only way out is to make factors of production available and increase, competition will set in and price will reduce. No be magic
Re: Permit Ban: Cars With Factory-Fitted Tinted Glasses Exempted - IGP by nauto: 8:12am On Jul 14, 2021
ok
Re: Permit Ban: Cars With Factory-Fitted Tinted Glasses Exempted - IGP by waynejesus: 8:12am On Jul 14, 2021
Does it mean I can go fix tint glass and get the permit..?
Re: Permit Ban: Cars With Factory-Fitted Tinted Glasses Exempted - IGP by floss(m): 8:13am On Jul 14, 2021
K
Re: Permit Ban: Cars With Factory-Fitted Tinted Glasses Exempted - IGP by humilitypays(m): 8:14am On Jul 14, 2021
Will your licensed armed robbers on the road agree angry angry

In fact, tinted glass is not the cause of Nigeria's failed security under terrorist Buhari angry angry

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

18 Wheeler Truck Destroys A 4Runner In A Collision / Driver Charged Over Driving Car With a Set of Pliers!! / Help! My Car Is Always At The Mechanic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.