Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,512 members, 7,808,871 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:22 PM

Nnamdi Kanu’s Rearrest: Nigeria, Kenya Didn’t Violate IPOB Leader’s Human Rights - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nnamdi Kanu’s Rearrest: Nigeria, Kenya Didn’t Violate IPOB Leader’s Human Rights (521 Views)

Kanu’s Rearrest: Nigeria, Kenya Didn’t Violate IPOB Leader’s Human Rights – IHRC / Nnamdi Kanu’s Rearrest: ‘nigeria In Its Last Breath’ – ADF Warns Buhari / Nine Things To Know About Nnamdi Kanu’s Rearrest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nnamdi Kanu’s Rearrest: Nigeria, Kenya Didn’t Violate IPOB Leader’s Human Rights by Olaolufred(m): 7:56am On Jul 14, 2021
Nnamdi Kanu’s rearrest: Nigeria, Kenya didn’t violate IPOB leader’s human rights
– IHRC report
Published on July 14, 2021By Seun Opejobi

The International Human Rights Commission, IHRC, based in Geneva has reacted to the rearrest and repatriation of Nnamdi Kanu, leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB.

IHRC said Kanu’s rights were not violated during his rearrest and repatriation to Nigeria.

The body absolved both the Nigerian and the Kenyan governments of diplomatic breaches in the arrest and repatriation of Kanu, following an investigation it carried out.

Kanu was rearrested by the Nigerian government in an African country, widely believed to be Kenya.

Following his rearrest, Kanu was repatriated back to Nigeria to continue his trial before an Abuja Federal High Court.
His lawyer, Aloy Ejimakor, however, described Kanu’s rearrest as an illegal abduction which falls short of international standards.
However, IHRC confirmed receiving several petitions from Nigeria calling for the probe of Kanu’s rearrest and repatriation.
In a statement signed by its Special Envoy for Africa Region, Evans M. Mutavi, and International President for Kenya, IHRC said: “The IHRC is committed to safeguarding the rights of citizens across the globe in line with the organization’s core mandate.

“The commission upon investigation is unable to establish a case of human rights violation of Nnamdi Kanu in Kenya by the special Police Forces.

“The Commission is convinced that the Kenyan Government played no official role in the event that led to Nnamdi Kanu’s arrest.

“The Commission expects the Nigerian Government to follow up the trial of Nnamdi Kanu in line with the country’s laws and respect to human rights.

“The commission has resolved to monitor the trial of Nnamdi Kanu to ensure his human rights are not violated by the Nigerian Government.”

https://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/1087579492?-395:737

3 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu’s Rearrest: Nigeria, Kenya Didn’t Violate IPOB Leader’s Human Rights by Harrymig1(m): 8:02am On Jul 14, 2021
I hope he is allowed a fair trial
Re: Nnamdi Kanu’s Rearrest: Nigeria, Kenya Didn’t Violate IPOB Leader’s Human Rights by Olaolufred(m): 8:07am On Jul 14, 2021
Harrymig1:

That is where we all must watch as IHRC also said.

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu’s Rearrest: Nigeria, Kenya Didn’t Violate IPOB Leader’s Human Rights by Monogamy: 8:09am On Jul 14, 2021
That one no be news again..

Nobody is coming for Kanu.. And the chieftaincy title ceremony would still proceed.

Nnamdi Kanu to become the new Onikuje Of Kuje prison as he has long years to spend there.

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu’s Rearrest: Nigeria, Kenya Didn’t Violate IPOB Leader’s Human Rights by Ovamboland(m): 8:10am On Jul 14, 2021
A fugitive from the law gets arrested, some dummies were hinging their forlon hope that he will be released to become a fugitive again because his rearrest did not follow some rules.

So we will release him from custody and then start looking for him again and wait for an opportunity to arrest him legally?

Won't the world see us as mad people?
Re: Nnamdi Kanu’s Rearrest: Nigeria, Kenya Didn’t Violate IPOB Leader’s Human Rights by puzzlegate(m): 8:12am On Jul 14, 2021
Copy , alter and paste. The original report didn't put it this way. Lazy journalism !
Re: Nnamdi Kanu’s Rearrest: Nigeria, Kenya Didn’t Violate IPOB Leader’s Human Rights by joe54: 8:15am On Jul 14, 2021
grin grin grin
This is unacceptable we will sue the IHRC--- ipob miscreants
Re: Nnamdi Kanu’s Rearrest: Nigeria, Kenya Didn’t Violate IPOB Leader’s Human Rights by Monogamy: 8:16am On Jul 14, 2021
Harrymig1:

He can't get a fair trial if we are to be honest..

Kanu is a psychopath, Psychopaths always believe there ways are the only way even if it's going to hurt others.

Kanu cared less about the killings and destructions that the UGM partook in which is a criminal wing of the Igbos group ( Is it coincidence that the UGM activities reduced by 90%) since Kanu was arrested?

To Kanu, the more the number of deaths and casualties, the more funds that would be raised for imaginary war which led to his arrest in Kenya.. Imagine chattering a private jet to carry his loot.. Even top Ipob members were not aware of the trip.. Chop mouth trip which turned to chop alone die alone.

To even say since he has been arrested, peace has returned to SE region, then he should be kept away for a while .

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu’s Rearrest: Nigeria, Kenya Didn’t Violate IPOB Leader’s Human Rights by owobokiri(m): 8:19am On Jul 14, 2021
He railed against the British nonstop during his broadcast and I can't see the strategic thinking in that...
The British are obviously behind his present ordeal and he should have known this was bound to happen!
Re: Nnamdi Kanu’s Rearrest: Nigeria, Kenya Didn’t Violate IPOB Leader’s Human Rights by Tranquillity360: 8:20am On Jul 14, 2021
Then why is Nigeria government afraid of saying where they kidnapped Mazi Nnamdi Kanu?
Re: Nnamdi Kanu’s Rearrest: Nigeria, Kenya Didn’t Violate IPOB Leader’s Human Rights by Tranquillity360: 8:22am On Jul 14, 2021
[s]
Monogamy:
That one no be news again..

Nobody is coming for Kanu.. And the chieftaincy title ceremony would still proceed.

Nnamdi Kanu to become the new Onikuje Of Kuje prison as he has long years to spend there.
[/s]Trash.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu’s Rearrest: Nigeria, Kenya Didn’t Violate IPOB Leader’s Human Rights by Tranquillity360: 8:25am On Jul 14, 2021
[s]
Monogamy:

He can't get a fair trial if we are to be honest..

Kanu is a psychopath, Psychopaths always believe there ways are the only way even if it's going to hurt others.

Kanu cared less about the killings and destructions that the UGM partook in which is a criminal wing of the Igbos group ( Is it coincidence that the UGM activities reduced by 90%) since Kanu was arrested?

To Kanu, the more the number of deaths and casualties, the more funds that would be raised for imaginary war which led to his arrest in Kenya.. Imagine chattering a private jet to carry his loot.. Even top Ipob members were not aware of the trip.. Chop mouth trip which turned to chop alone die alone.

To even say since he has been arrested, peace has returned to SE region, then he should be kept away for a while .
[/s]Coming from hypocrite that rejoiced over the killing of hundreds of unarmed Igbo youths by Nigeria terrorist force.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu’s Rearrest: Nigeria, Kenya Didn’t Violate IPOB Leader’s Human Rights by Aufbauh(m): 8:27am On Jul 14, 2021
Double wahala for dead body (Ipob).

We should now rest from the daily blabbing of 'Kanu was kidnapped, abducted and so on'. But trust the ever stone-headed Ipobians will still be beating the dead horse.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu’s Rearrest: Nigeria, Kenya Didn’t Violate IPOB Leader’s Human Rights by Monogamy: 8:28am On Jul 14, 2021
Tranquillity360:
[s][/s]Coming from hypocrite that rejoiced over the killing of hundreds of unarmed Igbo youths by Nigeria terrorist force.

Provide proofs to back this your fallacy statement up or remain shut till whatever..
Re: Nnamdi Kanu’s Rearrest: Nigeria, Kenya Didn’t Violate IPOB Leader’s Human Rights by Jones4190(m): 8:30am On Jul 14, 2021
Over to you ipob
Re: Nnamdi Kanu’s Rearrest: Nigeria, Kenya Didn’t Violate IPOB Leader’s Human Rights by Tranquillity360: 8:34am On Jul 14, 2021
Monogamy:

Provide proofs to back this your fallacy statement up or remain shut till whatever..
Provide proofs to dispute the statement above.

You think i have not been seeing you comments here.

Bloody Igbo hater.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu’s Rearrest: Nigeria, Kenya Didn’t Violate IPOB Leader’s Human Rights by Monogamy: 8:36am On Jul 14, 2021
Tranquillity360:
Provide proofs to dispute the statement above.

You think i have not been seeing you comments here.

Bloody Igbo hater.

Okay, let me now dare you to provide proofs where I have rejoiced about the killing of Ipob youths..

I repeat, I am daring you
Re: Nnamdi Kanu’s Rearrest: Nigeria, Kenya Didn’t Violate IPOB Leader’s Human Rights by Tranquillity360: 8:40am On Jul 14, 2021
Monogamy:

Okay, let me now dare you to provide proofs where I have rejoiced about the killing of Ipob youths..

I repeat, I am daring you
Provide where you spoke against killing of unarmed Igbo youths.

(1) (Reply)

REVEALED: How Abba Kyari Sent Third Party Account To Hushpuppi For Payment – US / Hush Case File: A Public Document / BREAKING: Tinubu Undergoes Surgery In US Hospital

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.