Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,628 members, 7,801,816 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:13 AM

Nigerian Navy Launches Falcon Eye Surveillance System (Pictures) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Navy Launches Falcon Eye Surveillance System (Pictures) (33506 Views)

Falcon Eye: Nigeria's Surveillance System Against Piracy (Pictures) / Osinbajo Commissions The Falcon Eye Project At The Naval Headquarters, Abuja / Nigerian Navy Launches New Warship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Navy Launches Falcon Eye Surveillance System (Pictures) by Ogaboss44(m): 1:55pm On Jul 14, 2021
Check Out The New Mass Surveillance System Launched By The Nigerian Navy To Combat Insecurity.

BillixcsJul 13, 2021 8:30 PM

The Nigerian Navy which is the coastal branch of the Armed Forces is one of the strongest and largest navies in Africa as it is made up of thousands of men and women. The Nigerian Navy are charged with protecting the country against external threats originating from the water bodies as that is their preferred terrain of operation.

Just as with other Armed forces in the country, it has its headquarters in Abuja where the office of the Chief Of Naval Staff is located.

The Naval Headquarters has received a big boost as it launches a mass surveillance system known as the Falcon Eye Surveillance System.

The surveillance system will be operated from a command centre to help the Navy detect and pinpoint movements which will be towards improving the Nation's security.

Surveillance can be described as the close observation of a territory or persons of interests for specific reasons. Nigeria shares maritime borders with other countries and such systems will really play vital roles in ensuring threats are detected and neutralized in a proactive manner.

The Vice President, Yemi Osibanjo was privileged to commission the new surveillance project on behalf of the President, Muhammadu Buhari.

The system is believed to be running on a numer of electro-optic systems and cameras which was made known via the Twitter handle of Defense News.

Below is a breakdown of the system's capabilities and the importance of having such sophisticated system in the country;

Congratulations to the Nigerian Navy as they beef up their security architecture with the commissioning of the Falcon Eye Maritime Surveillance System.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Navy Launches Falcon Eye Surveillance System (Pictures) by Ogaboss44(m): 2:24pm On Jul 14, 2021
More pictures

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Navy Launches Falcon Eye Surveillance System (Pictures) by Ogaboss44(m): 8:41am On Jul 15, 2021
Laslasticlala

Move to front page

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Navy Launches Falcon Eye Surveillance System (Pictures) by Supan(m): 2:15pm On Jul 15, 2021
ObadiahMal:

Let me make some revelations because some of us also have our own intelligence networks. I have met with some of the bandits, we have met with some of their high commanders. One or two who have repented. They have sat down with us, not once, not twice.

They told us that one of the northern governors is the commander of Boko Haram in Nigeria. Boko Haram and the Bandits are one and the same thing. They have a sophisticated network. during this lockdown their Planes were moving up and down as though there was no lock down. Moving ammunition, money, logistics and distributing them in different part of the country. They are already in the south. In the rain forest of the south. They are everywhere. They told us that when they finish this rural killings, they will move to phase 2.

In the Phase 2, they will go into the urban cities, going from house to house killing prominent people. I can tell you, this is the game plan. By 2022, they want to start a civil war in Nigeria. Don't joke with what I am saying you. I have a PHD from Oxford university. I am a central banker, we don't talk nonsense. So don't joke with what I am telling you. --- Obadiah Mailafia
Can they can catch the bandits too? or is to catch KANU and Igboho

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Navy Launches Falcon Eye Surveillance System (Pictures) by velocity25(m): 2:33pm On Jul 15, 2021
All these show of force cannot stop people of Biafra and Oodua Nation not to be free.
Every one is tired of one Nigeria.

93 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Nigerian Navy Launches Falcon Eye Surveillance System (Pictures) by Nobody: 2:36pm On Jul 15, 2021
velocity25:
All these show of force cannot stop people of Biafra and Oodua Nation not to be free.
Every one is tired of one Nigeria.
haha

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Navy Launches Falcon Eye Surveillance System (Pictures) by Nobody: 2:37pm On Jul 15, 2021
Nigeria Army in collaboration with immigration and customs officers should lunch this along our borders in the North!!!

That is where we have HUGE security issues...

Good one from the Navy

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Navy Launches Falcon Eye Surveillance System (Pictures) by OKPANAMboy: 3:09pm On Jul 15, 2021
Below average.

Navy that can't predict incoming vessels on her water space.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Navy Launches Falcon Eye Surveillance System (Pictures) by Nobody: 3:31pm On Jul 15, 2021
Actually it's the Ghana must go that they give to tompolo and asari that is the real surveillance not that shithole room

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Navy Launches Falcon Eye Surveillance System (Pictures) by Doggedseller: 6:02pm On Jul 15, 2021
Ok.. but please let it monitor and catch bandits

Please see my signature if you need a corporate event host/MC in Abuja
Re: Nigerian Navy Launches Falcon Eye Surveillance System (Pictures) by deonlylastborn: 6:03pm On Jul 15, 2021
Most of the people who will be incharge of those equipment get eye problem.

14 Likes

Re: Nigerian Navy Launches Falcon Eye Surveillance System (Pictures) by sylve11: 6:03pm On Jul 15, 2021
Not bad cool

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Navy Launches Falcon Eye Surveillance System (Pictures) by MidaserveNG: 6:03pm On Jul 15, 2021
cool
Re: Nigerian Navy Launches Falcon Eye Surveillance System (Pictures) by RandomVic(m): 6:03pm On Jul 15, 2021
Its one thing to purchase all the modern military equipment there is, it's another thing entirely to have the right people in place to man this equipment a la quota system.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Navy Launches Falcon Eye Surveillance System (Pictures) by reiddecuti: 6:04pm On Jul 15, 2021
Good for them only if they will use it to track the Saint Boko Haram, Bandits and Fulani Killer Heads Men.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Navy Launches Falcon Eye Surveillance System (Pictures) by Mumusaphire: 6:04pm On Jul 15, 2021
Launching Everytime, yet no improvement

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Navy Launches Falcon Eye Surveillance System (Pictures) by shegzhkn: 6:04pm On Jul 15, 2021
Lol.
Re: Nigerian Navy Launches Falcon Eye Surveillance System (Pictures) by Nobody: 6:04pm On Jul 15, 2021
The system is believed to be running on a numer of electro-optic systems and cameras which was made known via the Twitter handle of Defense News.

Isn't it funny that the C in C and the CJN of Nigeria slammed a complete ban on the use of Twitter with legal prosection as penalty for not adhering to the ban and yet the Naval Force of the same country that slammed the ban is disseminating information and news of a
possible archaic naval technology that was used by the United States and Europe during the second world war from the said platform? undecided

This is why the developed countries take us as a joke! grin grin

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Navy Launches Falcon Eye Surveillance System (Pictures) by vasel15: 6:05pm On Jul 15, 2021
Even gaddafi had more than this and this won't stop biafra

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Navy Launches Falcon Eye Surveillance System (Pictures) by Jackson105: 6:05pm On Jul 15, 2021
Mumusaphire:
Launching Everytime, yet no improvement

Don't mind them. Yeye launching

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Navy Launches Falcon Eye Surveillance System (Pictures) by Nobody: 6:05pm On Jul 15, 2021
Good one, we are getting there
Re: Nigerian Navy Launches Falcon Eye Surveillance System (Pictures) by illicit(m): 6:05pm On Jul 15, 2021
Commissioning mediocrity all the time

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Navy Launches Falcon Eye Surveillance System (Pictures) by Coronavirus1: 6:05pm On Jul 15, 2021
*AN ALERT*

DON’T OPEN YOUR CAR BOOTH FROM INSIDE FOR ANYONE.

On my way home today at around 8:15pm, as soon as I took a right turn from star gate towards old terminal, a policeman signalled me to stop.

As I stopped, he asked me to open the booth of the car. I opened the booth from inside and was about to step down, but the policeman said, “Ok Ok u may go.”

I started my car and started driving, but something struck my mind, as from my rear view mirror, I saw one of the policemen immediately on his phone.

I went a bit ahead and finding a good road light stopped my car. Switching off the engine I went and opened my car booth.

Guess what.... I was shocked to see two small zip lock pouches with white crystals inside. I was numbed but just decided to throw it away and thanked God for saving me from such rascals who would have caught me in a drug related case.

The policemen must have informed their colleagues standing at the next checkpoint to get hold of so and so car number.

I was correct in my guess. Approximately, half a mile later, I was stopped by another policeman. This time too I was asked to open my booth.

Now I got down, went behind and opened the booth physically. I'm sure they must have been puzzled and surprised that they did not find anything.

Please don’t open your car booth from inside, for anyone, even at Malls or gate entrance. Always step down and open the booth with keys and permit searching under your own supervision.

Your coming won't take FOREVER, but serving a jail term could TAKE AWAY all you've worked for- FOREVER.

*Share To Save others from this wicked thieves!*

18 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Nigerian Navy Launches Falcon Eye Surveillance System (Pictures) by mosegifted: 6:06pm On Jul 15, 2021
Sup with this lunching up and down
Re: Nigerian Navy Launches Falcon Eye Surveillance System (Pictures) by BKayy: 6:06pm On Jul 15, 2021
Have you guys checked out the surveillance system of the United States that just lost to Taliban?
It is more sophisticated than this, so don't think you can intimidate anybody with this gabbage.
NIGERIA WILL STILL LOSE THIS FIGHT

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Navy Launches Falcon Eye Surveillance System (Pictures) by dmbb: 6:06pm On Jul 15, 2021
Bokoharam, Ipob,Bandits, kidnappers etc. Your days are numbered

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Navy Launches Falcon Eye Surveillance System (Pictures) by Nobody: 6:06pm On Jul 15, 2021
Now crime in Nigeria will reduce I think

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Troops Recover Weapons Of Slain Soldiers In Delta / Apc Presidential Campaign Rally In Kano.....#change.... / PDP Has Rejected Atiku's 2023 Bid - Deji Adeyanju

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.