Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,698 members, 7,805,865 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:34 AM

Why We Raided Lekki Parktonian Hotel: EFCC Story - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why We Raided Lekki Parktonian Hotel: EFCC Story (43539 Views)

EFCC Storms Parktonian Hotel Lagos, Snatches Key, Breaks Into Rooms - Gazette / Yari Threatens To Sue Media Organisations Over EFCC Story / Why We Raided Atiku's Sons' Apartment - EFCC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why We Raided Lekki Parktonian Hotel: EFCC Story by akanbiaa(m): 7:39pm On Jul 14, 2021
Fiscus105:

Have u worked in any govt agencies b4? If yes you will understand me better.
With the recent launch of the Eagle Eye App from Bawa led EFCC it makes reporting crimes with picture evidence to implicate those involved easier,
but I am not disputing what you said but just elaborating the dangers also involved by any efcc officer that takes bribe to arrest some and release some, his image and job could be destroyed when properly blackmailed. But if the officer collects bribe from all that is a different case for chances of being blackmailed by Yahoo boys is lesser but his fellow efcc collegues might still implicate him especially the crop of officers that don't take bribe or those who felt the officer did not settle them.
Re: Why We Raided Lekki Parktonian Hotel: EFCC Story by Abujason: 7:40pm On Jul 14, 2021
CilicMarin:
People's Gazette is an evil blog, being used by the PDP to destroy Nigeria...

It’s you, BMC, your people and APC that is destroying Nigeria. Look at Nigeria of today and tell me how it’s better than 6 years ago.

Terrorism
Unemployment
Inflation
Value of Naira
Corruption
Nepotism
Hunger
NEPA
Insecurity
Cost of living
Lowered Education Standards
Ethnic relations
Rise in separatists agitation

I guess other than the above he has done well for you.
Re: Why We Raided Lekki Parktonian Hotel: EFCC Story by Fiscus105(m): 7:46pm On Jul 14, 2021
[
Re: Why We Raided Lekki Parktonian Hotel: EFCC Story by Munzy14(m): 7:50pm On Jul 14, 2021
CilicMarin:
The most foolish comment on Nairaland..

Since January 2021...grin

1 Like

Re: Why We Raided Lekki Parktonian Hotel: EFCC Story by klax(m): 7:51pm On Jul 14, 2021
CilicMarin:

So to you every means to speak up in Nigeria now translated to pdp trying to destroy Nigeria in your own world?

Very interesting!!!
Re: Why We Raided Lekki Parktonian Hotel: EFCC Story by ZooOga: 7:52pm On Jul 14, 2021
Verified, word for word. cool

EFCC Operation At Parkitonian Hotel – The True Story

https://www.efccnigeria.org/efcc/news/6990-efcc-operation-at-parkitonian-hotel-the-true-story
Re: Why We Raided Lekki Parktonian Hotel: EFCC Story by Nobody: 7:57pm On Jul 14, 2021
...this has lately become the antics of cyber fraudsters who procure ladies to plead nudity as a decoy, to allow their consort destroy incriminating items in their devices...

I believe this.
Re: Why We Raided Lekki Parktonian Hotel: EFCC Story by lexy2014: 7:59pm On Jul 14, 2021
Splendoor:
this is good actually.. if they keep catching more criminals I think crime will reduce but I know it will not completely be eradicated but still it's good
at a cheap Price DM me for your logo and flyer design

But they seem blind to d criminals who are stealing d countrys wealth
Re: Why We Raided Lekki Parktonian Hotel: EFCC Story by lexy2014: 8:01pm On Jul 14, 2021
CilicMarin:

Can u tell us how buhari/APC have repaired Nigeria since 2015?
Re: Why We Raided Lekki Parktonian Hotel: EFCC Story by ZooOga: 8:01pm On Jul 14, 2021
hedonido:

This is so stupid and provocative. Typical sweeping, dragnet, lawless style of law enforcement. Is a hotel owner supposed to invade the privacy of guests to determine what they are doing in the privacy of their hotel rooms?

How do you determine that a hotel owner "knowingly" permits his premises to be used for cybercrime.... A type of crime perpetrated strictly via electronic devices, operated within the confines of hotel guests' private rooms?

I so hate the Nigerian Police, EFCC and other security agencies in this country. Very useless bunch of idiots.

The smell of gbana travels o. Yahoo boys got relaxed like dem owned the place or got disrespectful with the staff. Maybe the owner wanted a better clientele, or a church sermon touched his spirit. I know I wouldn't want any young female in my family living in that type of criminal/olosho environment.
Re: Why We Raided Lekki Parktonian Hotel: EFCC Story by TemmyDayo50(m): 8:08pm On Jul 14, 2021
hedonido:

This is so stupid and provocative. Typical sweeping, dragnet, lawless style of law enforcement. Is a hotel owner supposed to invade the privacy of guests to determine what they are doing in the privacy of their hotel rooms?

How do you determine that a hotel owner "knowingly" permits his premises to be used for cybercrime.... A type of crime perpetrated strictly via electronic devices, operated within the confines of hotel guests' private rooms?

I so hate the Nigerian Police, EFCC and other security agencies in this country. Very useless bunch of idiots.
Re: Why We Raided Lekki Parktonian Hotel: EFCC Story by Holyman3(m): 8:09pm On Jul 14, 2021
HIGHESTPOPORI:
Chidish and foolish talk when it's Pdp that established Efcc that was praised in the past for their professionalism.

He is an idiottt. Stop quoting him
Re: Why We Raided Lekki Parktonian Hotel: EFCC Story by ppogba: 8:13pm On Jul 14, 2021
And in a bid to carry out your duty, you find it equally okay to damage the Reputation of the hotel.

I hope the owner will be bold enough to sue for damages.

1 Like

Re: Why We Raided Lekki Parktonian Hotel: EFCC Story by Doubleoh7: 8:15pm On Jul 14, 2021
hedonido:

Are you not sensing the subtle threat and harassment in those lines from the EFCC to the hotel owner? Like there is a Form where a guest is supposed to declare what they intend to do in their hotel room. Before you know it, they will go there with there red paint and mark the hotel premises as being under investigation and subtly kill the guy's business knowing how agonisingly slow it will take him to get redress from the courts. Like someone said in the first thread about this topic, if they are serious they should head to transcorp hilton, there they will catch the biggest thieves in the country. You see this country ehh, only God can save us all

2 Likes

Re: Why We Raided Lekki Parktonian Hotel: EFCC Story by FarahAideed: 8:19pm On Jul 14, 2021
CilicMarin:

Buhari is already doing a great job in destroying Nigeria
Re: Why We Raided Lekki Parktonian Hotel: EFCC Story by Commentor: 8:25pm On Jul 14, 2021
jaxxy:
They are even threatening the hotel owner? How is he to know the private dealings of guests or does he follow them to their rooms to know their business operations?

I understand a sting operation can be done at anytime and will definitely intrude privacy bt it should be professional.
They aren't threatening the hotelier.

They are stating the law.

It is left to the hotelier to choose what side he wants to be.
Re: Why We Raided Lekki Parktonian Hotel: EFCC Story by Fortez: 8:28pm On Jul 14, 2021
Oh
Re: Why We Raided Lekki Parktonian Hotel: EFCC Story by JayB11(m): 8:29pm On Jul 14, 2021
stanley000:
I learnt they broke the whole place down like robbers, a reliable source told me last night. Who would think those small small young Efcc operatives would have enough strength to hold even a duck.

Big body na signboard.
Re: Why We Raided Lekki Parktonian Hotel: EFCC Story by akanbiaa(m): 8:32pm On Jul 14, 2021
Fiscus105:

Have u worked in any govt agencies b4? If yes you will understand me better.

.......I take cash from you and release you, with no single trace, no electronics transfer, you don't even know exact state I come from, mind you I caught you unaware, which would make you practically not be able to plan for my downfall
The EFCC must have to identify themselves or else fake EFCC will just claim to be EFCC and be arresting up and down and moreover most of the reported cases have been that they forced the yahoo boys to transfer money to them immediately they check their phone and see any app or sign that they could be yahoo boys.
Re: Why We Raided Lekki Parktonian Hotel: EFCC Story by UncommonLogic: 8:34pm On Jul 14, 2021
If the FBI or Secret service comes to your house for arrest, if you like be naked or your wife be naked, they will break down the door if you don't open.
Nigerians with stupid excuses when caught in crimes. Same way they are crying and wailing about how Namdiot coward Cownu was arrested. They don't even debate the severity of his crimes.
Soon, they will say he should be released because he needs to go to the toilet or he needs to go and FVCK his wife.

Rubbish trash.
Think about the consequences of your crime before you embark on a life of crime.
Re: Why We Raided Lekki Parktonian Hotel: EFCC Story by JayB11(m): 8:38pm On Jul 14, 2021
hedonido:

You see what lack of exposure causes? Don't just study and stay in one place....

Moreover, you have no capacity, asin u have not been trained to crack some crooks and hoodlums, so leave the job to its Masters, they know how to roll it.
Re: Why We Raided Lekki Parktonian Hotel: EFCC Story by Mrquote: 8:39pm On Jul 14, 2021
Splendoor:
this is good actually.. if they keep catching more criminals I think crime will reduce but I know it will not completely be eradicated but still it's good
Them go soon catch you with that your laptop way you dey use do logo and tag you fraudster. We will come here to see your mugshots grin
Re: Why We Raided Lekki Parktonian Hotel: EFCC Story by streetsoldier1(m): 8:39pm On Jul 14, 2021
Splendoor:

crime will rather increase, the best govt can do is to create friendly biz environment, make electricity cheap and available, more jobs will be created , crimes will reduce. If these ones are arrested, they may resort to armed robbery. we can only make crimes unlucrative if jobs are created
Re: Why We Raided Lekki Parktonian Hotel: EFCC Story by Ajenikoko89: 8:41pm On Jul 14, 2021
Re: Why We Raided Lekki Parktonian Hotel: EFCC Story by REALretep(m): 8:52pm On Jul 14, 2021
Doraty1:

Also, from the two reports, both the hotel owner and his manager were quoted as refusing to speak on the operation. But the claim is obviously a game of ostrich as their involvement in pushing out the false narrative is discernible. The hotel owner perhaps is ignorant of the fact that he could become an accomplice and liable for allowing his premises to be used for cybercrime, in contravention of section 3 of the Advance Fee Fraud and Other Fraud Related Offences Act. The section provides that, a “person who, being the occupier or is concerned in the management of any premises, causes or knowingly permits the premises to be used for any purpose which constitutes an offence under this Act is guilty of an offence and liable on conviction to imprisonment for a term of not less than 5 years without the option of a fine”.
The above bolded statement is filled with sheer arrogance, disrespect, and insolence in full display.
Just imagine... the EFCC is indirectly saying they can rope in the hotel owner if they wish.
That's grossly unprofessional
#spits#

Professionalism demands that they can only rope in the hotel owner if they find evidence that the hotelier caused or knowingly permitted the use of his premises for such activities.

So annoying

1 Like

Re: Why We Raided Lekki Parktonian Hotel: EFCC Story by Elpappi(m): 8:53pm On Jul 14, 2021
CilicMarin:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why We Raided Lekki Parktonian Hotel: EFCC Story by Spy360(m): 8:53pm On Jul 14, 2021
That is where nigerian police will be effective, are they not aware of bandits and unknown gunmen?
cowards
Re: Why We Raided Lekki Parktonian Hotel: EFCC Story by godofuck231: 8:55pm On Jul 14, 2021
Must a high school kid tell them they need a warant for such an operation or the state of lawlessness has eaten so deep into them
Re: Why We Raided Lekki Parktonian Hotel: EFCC Story by Babalola0920: 9:14pm On Jul 14, 2021
This guys think say dem get sense !
Re: Why We Raided Lekki Parktonian Hotel: EFCC Story by mokt(m): 9:14pm On Jul 14, 2021
EFCC go just burst everyone there like criminals.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Opinion!! Was President Buhari Visit To America A Flop? / Fathers Day: Phillip Shaibu Leads Altar Boys During Celebration / Buhari And Merkel Laughing Off Aisha’s BBC Interview (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.