Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,429 members, 7,808,529 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:04 PM

Igbokwe Defends Kanu's Arrest: Bandits Are For Business, IPOB Is Calling For War - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbokwe Defends Kanu's Arrest: Bandits Are For Business, IPOB Is Calling For War (34910 Views)

Soldiers Raid Abuja Forests, Arrest Bandits, Destroy Their Camps / El-Rufai: Boko Haram, Bandits Are Different From IPOB, Nnamdi Kanu / Ohanaeze Reacts To Nnamdi Kanu's Arrest - 'End Of Violent Agitations' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbokwe Defends Kanu's Arrest: Bandits Are For Business, IPOB Is Calling For War by fergie001: 6:13pm On Jul 14, 2021
EXCERPTS from Helen Oyibo's interview with Joe Igbokwe, the Special Adviser to the Lagos State Governor on Drainage & Water Resources.

HO: You posted one very dramatic picture on hearing about the arrest of IPOB leader, Nnamdi Kanu; raised your hands in the air, thanking God for your life. What was going through your mind?

Joe Igbokwe: “He (Kanu) said, on Radio Biafra, that if they see me, his boys, they should behead me and kill all my children, destroy my home and I played it down but I put my life in the hands of God and that of my family because I was asking myself, I was like has it gotten to this, that you cannot hear voices that are not saying no, we can't go this way.

”I'm older than him, I saw the civil war, he didn't see the civil war. I know what we went through, I couldn't go to school during the civil war, I was in Primary 5 when the war started in 1967 and after the war, I started again from Primary 5 and I understand what played out, the casualties, the pain, the tears, the losses, my father lost his business and we said, do we have to go through this way again?

“Having seen it all because I know what he doesn't know and I have seen what he has not seen, I have the experience, I have seen it all and I have the history behind me. Has it gotten to this that if you have dissent voices then the person has to be killed?

“It could have been worse, many people died. I am not celebrating death; I'm just thanking God that at least I may be a little bit free... Again, I'm looking at the big picture too; do we have to go this way again?”

"Again, I am looking at the big picture too. Do we have to go this way again? Because my people will say if elders are not at home, children will wear snakes, and call them necklaces."

HO: You talk about the pains of the Civil War and some people will say the memories as well as the inability of the Country to truly compensate for the loss (marginalisation) might be a reason why the likes of Nnamdi Kanu are calling for a separation. What are your thoughts on it?

Joe Igbokwe: “It's not the option, you negotiate, you go to the conference table to negotiate because you may say we have been marginalized, yes because, after all, we have the least number of states if you compare us to other zones, it is denying us a lot of things but if you place the three major ethnic groups on the table, Igbo is not the last in terms of anything, education, wealth, cash, we are not the last. I won't tell you we are the first but I won't tell you we are the last.

“Enterprising spirit is our culture, our tradition but they are not doing the business in the southeast, across everywhere, Lagos, Kaduna, Sokoto. Igbos are widely travelled people, we need the space, we can go anywhere, why are you asking for a small space? There's no ethnic group in Nigeria widely travelled as our people. An Igbo man will go to a place and start a small business and start booming.

“What I want is that the Federal Government should give Igbos additional states, I've been advocating for that for years now, just one state because we work hard in this country, we built Abuja, a sizeable part of Abuja, if all the governors gather here in Abuja, we will be the least — five others have six.

“Kanu's arrest was serious international diplomacy, a delicate and seamless operation that must have taken years to plan. So, take the leader away and the followers will scatter.”

HO: Again, how can you respond to criticisms that the FG is deploying resources with a big sledgehammer on a fly in the case of Nnamdi Kanu and haven't employed their energy, resources and attention to the rising spate of Boko Haram and the newest (banditry and kidnappings) to quell insecurity?

Joe Igbokwe: “That is the argument of the weak human beings, you want to compare Sambisa Forest to the South-East that is smaller than Kogi State. Bandits come to kidnap for money, you pay them and they release you, that is their business, those people may not even be Nigerians. It is not war, it is not secession. In fact, in the Supreme Court of Nigeria when the issue of secession came up, the Supreme Court will not entertain it; we don't discuss it.

“You don't talk about it, tribes must die for you to build a nation? It is unheard of, we have made mistakes in the past, we don't want to make them again. It is a delicate, complicated matter. Almost 400 young men lost their lives in two months.”

Full Video here:
BBC Pidgin

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Igbokwe Defends Kanu's Arrest: Bandits Are For Business, IPOB Is Calling For War by Monogamy: 6:14pm On Jul 14, 2021
Uncle Joe is not getting it.

Igbos is also for business. Pattern dey

Ojukwu told his people to exchange their Nigeria currency to worthless Biafra Pounds

Ralph of Massob sold Biafran passports worth millions of Nigeria even for the fact there is nothing like Biafran embassy anywhere in the world.

Kanu's pattern is different, donation to fight imaginary war.. What brought him to Kenya? Why chattered a plane? To pack his loot?

48 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Igbokwe Defends Kanu's Arrest: Bandits Are For Business, IPOB Is Calling For War by Nbotee(m): 6:15pm On Jul 14, 2021
How can any sane person confidently say bandits are doing business

379 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Igbokwe Defends Kanu's Arrest: Bandits Are For Business, IPOB Is Calling For War by November1857(m): 6:17pm On Jul 14, 2021
He is apparently suffering from chronic Legionnaires' disease which has inflicted his common sense of reasons.

It is a sickness that results from complex water systems like gutters.

226 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Igbokwe Defends Kanu's Arrest: Bandits Are For Business, IPOB Is Calling For War by Ikwerelastborn: 6:18pm On Jul 14, 2021
Says an idiot

200 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Igbokwe Defends Kanu's Arrest: Bandits Are For Business, IPOB Is Calling For War by mouthofThegod: 6:18pm On Jul 14, 2021
Monogamy:

Ojukwu told his people to exchange their Nigeria currency to worthless Biafra Pounds

Ralph of Massob sold Biafran passports worth millions of Nigeria even for the fact there is nothing like Biafran embassy anywhere in the world.

Kanu's pattern is different, donation to fight imaginary war.. What brought him to Kenya? Why chattered a plane? To pack his loot?

This is how you want your Tinubu to win presidency come 2023.U dey try.
I won't say more than this

182 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Igbokwe Defends Kanu's Arrest: Bandits Are For Business, IPOB Is Calling For War by Arda1000(m): 6:20pm On Jul 14, 2021
No wonder his family disowned him grin

200 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Igbokwe Defends Kanu's Arrest: Bandits Are For Business, IPOB Is Calling For War by Monogamy: 6:21pm On Jul 14, 2021
mouthofThegod:

This is how you want Tinubu to win presidency come 2023.U dey try.
I won't say more than this

Sebi Tinubu has told you personally about his 2023 ambition?

Truth will always be bitter like Agbo Jedi

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Igbokwe Defends Kanu's Arrest: Bandits Are For Business, IPOB Is Calling For War by Abascoh: 6:22pm On Jul 14, 2021
Igbokwe is suffering from mental instability.

180 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Igbokwe Defends Kanu's Arrest: Bandits Are For Business, IPOB Is Calling For War by Asgard73: 6:22pm On Jul 14, 2021
Joe igbokwe is mentally inbalance.. his case is worst than Lauretta Onochie.

Both are yaba patients

176 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Igbokwe Defends Kanu's Arrest: Bandits Are For Business, IPOB Is Calling For War by jlinkd78(m): 6:24pm On Jul 14, 2021
Kanu is not calling for war. Kanu is calling for a Referendum to know whether his people would prefer remaining in Nigeria or port to Biafra

230 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Igbokwe Defends Kanu's Arrest: Bandits Are For Business, IPOB Is Calling For War by Iykmann(m): 6:24pm On Jul 14, 2021
I am not surprise igbokwe said that

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbokwe Defends Kanu's Arrest: Bandits Are For Business, IPOB Is Calling For War by November1857(m): 6:25pm On Jul 14, 2021
Monogamy:

You too dey carry Biafra/ipob matter for head like Galla, you no dey tire

105 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Igbokwe Defends Kanu's Arrest: Bandits Are For Business, IPOB Is Calling For War by Monogamy: 6:26pm On Jul 14, 2021
November1857:
You too dey carry Biafra/ipob matter hand like Galla, you no dey tire

Let's talk about the Ipob group as a business entity for Lamidi Cownu

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbokwe Defends Kanu's Arrest: Bandits Are For Business, IPOB Is Calling For War by Tranquillity360: 6:26pm On Jul 14, 2021
He can stay in lagos and say anything he likes,but if dare say this where igbo market women dey he go collect.

43 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Igbokwe Defends Kanu's Arrest: Bandits Are For Business, IPOB Is Calling For War by Tinubuadvocate: 6:28pm On Jul 14, 2021
We know that mr joe and he will eat watering beans for several years before we will hang him.

3 Likes

Re: Igbokwe Defends Kanu's Arrest: Bandits Are For Business, IPOB Is Calling For War by Tranquillity360: 6:29pm On Jul 14, 2021
[s]
Monogamy:

[/s]Trash as usual.

Why you want to continue sharing same country with people you love to hate is what i don't know.

85 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Igbokwe Defends Kanu's Arrest: Bandits Are For Business, IPOB Is Calling For War by MadamVanessa(f): 6:30pm On Jul 14, 2021
I can't thank the family of this gutter cleaner enough for disowning him publicly.

Truth be told, this gutter wiper is a big shame to his children and wife at home.

Just for crumbs, this uselessss gutter washer is ready to lick the Fulani asses unapologetically.

72 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Igbokwe Defends Kanu's Arrest: Bandits Are For Business, IPOB Is Calling For War by Tranquillity360: 6:31pm On Jul 14, 2021
[s]
Tinubuadvocate:
We know that mr joe and he will eat watering beans for several years before we will hang him.
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Igbokwe Defends Kanu's Arrest: Bandits Are For Business, IPOB Is Calling For War by Vinstel: 6:32pm On Jul 14, 2021
Joe igbokwe always talks like a fool

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbokwe Defends Kanu's Arrest: Bandits Are For Business, IPOB Is Calling For War by Monogamy: 6:32pm On Jul 14, 2021
Tranquillity360:
[s][/s]Trash as usual.

Why you want to continue sharing same country with people you love to hate is what i don't know.

And is anyone holding you people from leaving Nigeria?

We have advised you people on what to do but it seems you are not ready to leave same Nigeria.

Tell your 5 SE state governors to stop receiving monthly oil money

Recall all your politicians in Senate, House of reps and the appointed people in this government.

Tell Ndigbo in every part of Nigeria to relocate back home and build your Biafra.. They can't have their country and still benefiting as Nigerian citizens.

Until then, nobody is ready to take you guys seriously

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbokwe Defends Kanu's Arrest: Bandits Are For Business, IPOB Is Calling For War by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 6:33pm On Jul 14, 2021
BANDITS are doing business

Look at this 70 years old man without common sense

52 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Igbokwe Defends Kanu's Arrest: Bandits Are For Business, IPOB Is Calling For War by History555: 6:35pm On Jul 14, 2021
El rufai called bandits businessmen
Igbokwe calls bandits businessmen
Are u seeing a pattern. Very soon newspaper headlines will read

" businessmen kidnaps 20 students"
" traditional ruler kidnapped by businessmen"
" businessmen demands 1billion for 100 abducted herdsmen"

63 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Igbokwe Defends Kanu's Arrest: Bandits Are For Business, IPOB Is Calling For War by StaffofOrayan(m): 6:36pm On Jul 14, 2021
Damn!! have some pride in your slavery, even though that is an oxymoron

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbokwe Defends Kanu's Arrest: Bandits Are For Business, IPOB Is Calling For War by Omoslim26: 6:38pm On Jul 14, 2021
Monogamy:

You could have made sense if you didn't add Ojukwu into your list.
The war was a necessity bcus Igbos were being killed for a military discord and affair.
I guess it doesn't matter to you afterall the pains and death of Igbos gives you joy�

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbokwe Defends Kanu's Arrest: Bandits Are For Business, IPOB Is Calling For War by StaffofOrayan(m): 6:40pm On Jul 14, 2021
jlinkd78:
Kanu is not calling for war. Kanu is calling for a Referendum to know whether his people would prefer remaining in Nigeria or port to Biafra

People like Joe are the ones that actually hate the north the most!
Imagine saying 'they kidnap you and you pay money'

3 Likes

Re: Igbokwe Defends Kanu's Arrest: Bandits Are For Business, IPOB Is Calling For War by November1857(m): 6:40pm On Jul 14, 2021
Tinubuadvocate:
[s]We know that mr joe and he will eat watering beans for several years before we will hang him.[/s]
After hanging your saint fulani Marauder masters that are currently going killing spree across the country.

Brainwashed Afonja stunts..

25 Likes

Re: Igbokwe Defends Kanu's Arrest: Bandits Are For Business, IPOB Is Calling For War by chiiraq802(m): 6:41pm On Jul 14, 2021
Sleepy Joe is a disgrace to Igbo Land.
This gutter cleaner should be banned from entering Igbo land.

His ass licking has gotten to another level,
I pray those Fulani Business men locate him and his family.

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbokwe Defends Kanu's Arrest: Bandits Are For Business, IPOB Is Calling For War by mouthofThegod: 6:43pm On Jul 14, 2021
Monogamy:

Sebi Tinubu has told you personally about his 2023 ambition?

Truth will always be bitter like Agbo Jedi
Have you stopped campaigning for him? grin
Na so u go fit deny the innocent man wey born u grin

14 Likes

Re: Igbokwe Defends Kanu's Arrest: Bandits Are For Business, IPOB Is Calling For War by Omoslim26: 6:44pm On Jul 14, 2021
You see those hypocrites cursing the man up there,none of them will mention the fact that their idi amin/abacha wannabe occult leader threatned to kill the man and his children bcus he disapproves of ipob and their destructive agenda �.
No Igboman is under any form of pledge to support ipob, what ipob should do is bring in persuasive arguments,but no they went about insulting, cursing and threatning anyone who has a different opinion from them.

8 Likes

Re: Igbokwe Defends Kanu's Arrest: Bandits Are For Business, IPOB Is Calling For War by Monogamy: 6:44pm On Jul 14, 2021
mouthofThegod:

Have you stopped campaigning for him? grin
Na so u go fit deny the innocent man wey born u grin

Another as usual false allegations.. Where on NL have you seen me campaigning for Tinubu's presidency? You get proofs?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

'The Famine That Will Hit Nigeria This Year, Only God Can Save Us' - Jamil Mabai / Work On-going At 2nd Niger Bridge (video Proof) / Atiku Speaks On US Support For His 2019 Presidential Bid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.