Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,610 members, 7,801,773 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 10:33 PM

Messi Agrees To New Five-year Barcelona Contract, To Take 50% Wage Cut - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Messi Agrees To New Five-year Barcelona Contract, To Take 50% Wage Cut (35293 Views)

Lionel Messi Barcelona Contract Has Expired, He Is A Free Agent Now / Lionel Messi's Monstrous €555 Million 3-Year Barcelona Contract / Lionel Messi Considers His Barcelona Contract Over, Didn't Report For Training (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Messi Agrees To New Five-year Barcelona Contract, To Take 50% Wage Cut by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 12:57pm On Jul 15, 2021
If you watched Copa America, you will know this guy is aging faster than CR7 ... his pace dribbling has reduced drastically, no club will spend huge money in weak leg like messi ... anyway more beating and tears for him Continue in barca
Re: Messi Agrees To New Five-year Barcelona Contract, To Take 50% Wage Cut by RioCarputo(m): 12:58pm On Jul 15, 2021
Emax911:

f**l, how much is Ronaldo earning, messi slashed salary is almost equal to Ronnie own, do ur research.
well its true... but you shouldn't have called me "f**l...

2 Likes

Re: Messi Agrees To New Five-year Barcelona Contract, To Take 50% Wage Cut by MizMyColi(f): 12:59pm On Jul 15, 2021
frankson1:

Nope! I think he's scared of the Unknown so he doesn't want to leave his comfort zone.

And if that's the case?

I've never been one to dabble in Messi Vs Ronaldo arguments.

But you see ehn, in the eyes of world people, grace will always surpass talent.

What then happens if one person has both in quantum?

Oh well....

1 Like

Re: Messi Agrees To New Five-year Barcelona Contract, To Take 50% Wage Cut by gaftsoil(m): 1:06pm On Jul 15, 2021
SARSCoV2:
The Wifi knows he would never work outside Nou camp!

Give it to the man that has been on all grounds and replicated dominance.

History will never forget the versatility and dominance of CR7,
Do you know football?
Barca Can't afford to loose Messi. Other clubs don't give a Bleep if Ronaldo leaves... Messi is barca and cannot leave. We love him and fans can even contribute to keep him... Ferguson is considered one of the best managers if not the best but he managed man u for more than 20 years and retired there. Why didn't he change club to prove he is good... I believe your wife have to marry many husbands to prove to you she is a good wife

6 Likes

Re: Messi Agrees To New Five-year Barcelona Contract, To Take 50% Wage Cut by gaftsoil(m): 1:07pm On Jul 15, 2021
G.O.A.T
Re: Messi Agrees To New Five-year Barcelona Contract, To Take 50% Wage Cut by gaftsoil(m): 1:10pm On Jul 15, 2021
ELKHALIFAISIS:
If you watched Copa America, you will know this guy is aging faster than CR7 ... his pace dribbling has reduced drastically, no club will spend huge money in weak leg like messi ... anyway more beating and tears for him Continue in barca
When was the last time Ronaldo dribbled past a player?
Messi completes average of 4 dribbles per game.. Ronaldo just stands in the middle to score tap ins. When last did Ronaldo score goal from outside the 18 yard box. His goals is mainly tap ins and penalties... Messi plays deep in the midfield and still manages to score a lot.
PSG and Man city gave him a better offer but for the love of the club who helped him when he had growth challenge, he prefer to stay since they have given him assurance of bringing valuable players... Many clubs are ready to pay Messi what Barcelona was paying him before he took wage cut or even more

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Messi Agrees To New Five-year Barcelona Contract, To Take 50% Wage Cut by Lordbinsmar: 1:10pm On Jul 15, 2021
SARSCoV2:
[s][/s]The Wifi knows he would never work outside Nou camp!

History will never forget the versatility and dominance of CR7,[s][/s]

Your football IQ is absolute zero.

5 Likes

Re: Messi Agrees To New Five-year Barcelona Contract, To Take 50% Wage Cut by Lamasta(m): 1:14pm On Jul 15, 2021
Messi has signed contract with his destiny not to leave Barcelona till he retires
Re: Messi Agrees To New Five-year Barcelona Contract, To Take 50% Wage Cut by Bestbeelieve: 1:15pm On Jul 15, 2021
we know how many players couldnt perform when they changed club/league Shevchenko, Torres etc the list goes on. if dem born Messi well make e commot barcelona! if he no go dey pack sand for field.

1 Like

Re: Messi Agrees To New Five-year Barcelona Contract, To Take 50% Wage Cut by jaxxy(m): 1:34pm On Jul 15, 2021
MJBOLT:
All these deluded fanboys sef grin
Messi won an Olympic Gold medal in Asia
Messi won 4 UCL in Europe
Messi won Copa America in South America and he almost conquered the world in 2014 yet deluded fanboys want him to step out after proving himself across continents.
Tell Ronaldo to win something outside of Europe then come back undecided

The issue is his dominance in Barcelona dropped after iniesta and xavi left. Neymar help abit and after he left it dropped further till date. The saving grace for him and why he extended his contract with Barcelona was winning the copa America.

Messi and Ronaldo are equally Great players. I will call both of them Goats. Till I see a clear winner.
Re: Messi Agrees To New Five-year Barcelona Contract, To Take 50% Wage Cut by Asianjollof007: 1:38pm On Jul 15, 2021
Glare247:

Is he afraid of future challenges elswere ?
As a fan,he needs to proof himself elswere too

Elsewhere?
He's been to world cup several times and he did great, go google am.
No dey talk rubbish

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Messi Agrees To New Five-year Barcelona Contract, To Take 50% Wage Cut by HRMK: 1:46pm On Jul 15, 2021
that is it!the man that is bn compared with #cr7!a man that feels shy of leaving his comfort zone!50%cut in salary!WHAT ELSE!!
Re: Messi Agrees To New Five-year Barcelona Contract, To Take 50% Wage Cut by frankson1(m): 1:48pm On Jul 15, 2021
kenddys:

He has done great bro

Europe is not his home cheesy

Chill

without a doubt, he's a great a player.

The argument of his playing and retiring in just one club will never stop.

And I'm chilling o grin

1 Like

Re: Messi Agrees To New Five-year Barcelona Contract, To Take 50% Wage Cut by sammyesx: 1:49pm On Jul 15, 2021
Issynoni:
All of Una DAT call out ronaldo bomb dey una head
How many teams dey play copa america and how many play euro ?? Una fit compare d set of teams DAT play euro with those amateur way dey play copa america
Make I no vex oooo

Relax,, wining the Copa America is more difficult than winning the euro

When portugal won the euro in 2016, they had Iceland, Hungary and Austria in their group yet they finished 3rd.
They qualify as best loser and played Croatia, Poland and Wales, France was the only top team they played which was in the final.
England got to the final of the euro playing against only Germany as a formidable opponent. A team can win the euro even if they are not in top form.

To win the Copa America you cannot avoid Brazil, Chile, Uruguay and Colombia. You must play all these teams and there is no way you can beat the four teams if you are not in top form.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Messi Agrees To New Five-year Barcelona Contract, To Take 50% Wage Cut by Brown2012: 1:51pm On Jul 15, 2021
MJBOLT:
All these deluded fanboys sef grin
Messi won an Olympic Gold medal in Asia
Messi won 4 UCL in Europe
Messi won Copa America in South America and he almost conquered the world in 2014 yet deluded fanboys want him to step out after proving himself across continents.
Tell Ronaldo to win something outside of Europe then come back undecided

You are comparing Europe football with South America football, e be like say bomb dey your head
Re: Messi Agrees To New Five-year Barcelona Contract, To Take 50% Wage Cut by MJBOLT: 1:51pm On Jul 15, 2021
which Kain re.tarded logic be this again undecided
OJEEMAH
ThierryJay
Make una come see another one undecided

jaxxy:

The issue is his dominance in Barcelona dropped after iniesta and xavi left. Neymar help abit and after he left it dropped further till date. The saving grace for him and why he extended his contract with Barcelona was winning the copa America.

Messi and Ronaldo are equally Great players. I will call both of them Goats. Till I see a clear winner.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Messi Agrees To New Five-year Barcelona Contract, To Take 50% Wage Cut by perdollar(m): 1:52pm On Jul 15, 2021
The Barcelona GOAT has refused to seek for greener pastures since he doesn't know what lay ahead. GOAT eats all grass and even go anywhere to get it. Localize goat as in ewu Barcelona!
Re: Messi Agrees To New Five-year Barcelona Contract, To Take 50% Wage Cut by MJBOLT: 1:52pm On Jul 15, 2021
ode,why you no counter the post back with facts

Brown2012:

You are comparing Europe football with South America football, e be like say bomb dey your head
Re: Messi Agrees To New Five-year Barcelona Contract, To Take 50% Wage Cut by sammyesx: 2:04pm On Jul 15, 2021
jaxxy:

That is no entirely true, Messi became a more complete player after xavi and Iniesta left, last two seasons he broke the record of number of assist In a season with 21assist which was formally held by xavi 20, he scores more free kick now, he creates more chances, passes etc. Only his goal scoring dropped a little. Overall xavi and Iniesta's deparrture affected the team performance not Messi individuals performance, he is a more complete player now than he ever was.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Messi Agrees To New Five-year Barcelona Contract, To Take 50% Wage Cut by Nova1988(m): 2:07pm On Jul 15, 2021
SARSCoV2:
The Wifi knows he would never work outside Nou camp!

History will never forget the versatility and dominance of CR7,

How many clubs did pele play in?

1 Like

Re: Messi Agrees To New Five-year Barcelona Contract, To Take 50% Wage Cut by OJEEMAH(m): 2:09pm On Jul 15, 2021
MJBOLT:
OJEEMAH
ThierryJay

Please show him Messi's achievement after they all left and pls ask him if Neymar, Iniesta & Xavi played for Argentina in the just concluded Copa America where he emerged Top Scorer, Top Assist provide & Overall Best player.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Messi Agrees To New Five-year Barcelona Contract, To Take 50% Wage Cut by shunletsam(m): 2:11pm On Jul 15, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar
Isoright ......

For someone who had single handedly destroyed all clubs in this gadamnnn world
You know nothing about football son

To those pussy ass niggarr saying messi should leave Barcelona to show he is good

Now am also telling you all to tell your mother to fuckkk another man not your father and get pregnant for the man to actually show she is fertile

I’m with you on this one chief, Messi doesn’t need to prove anything to MF
Re: Messi Agrees To New Five-year Barcelona Contract, To Take 50% Wage Cut by Nobody: 2:13pm On Jul 15, 2021
OJEEMAH:
You don't understand. Let's assume he stabbed himself with a knife, haters will still say, he should have used a gun instead. You can't stab with a gun but expect anything from them.
I was being sarcastic, come on.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Messi Agrees To New Five-year Barcelona Contract, To Take 50% Wage Cut by Silentgroper(m): 2:16pm On Jul 15, 2021
JackDaAlienz:
Im ready to give my wife to Messi to impregnate her
I will gladly sponsor the child in football academy

What if ur wife's gene become d dominant one? In other words, him no sabi play ball like messi or he has got no love for football?
Re: Messi Agrees To New Five-year Barcelona Contract, To Take 50% Wage Cut by rolams(m): 2:19pm On Jul 15, 2021
This guy no fit play for any other club
Re: Messi Agrees To New Five-year Barcelona Contract, To Take 50% Wage Cut by OJEEMAH(m): 2:22pm On Jul 15, 2021
CamusMidas:

I was being sarcastic, come on.
okay bro.
Re: Messi Agrees To New Five-year Barcelona Contract, To Take 50% Wage Cut by Silentgroper(m): 2:30pm On Jul 15, 2021
cryptocherith:

Haha!!!!

Someone that has flogged top five English teams
Top three Italian teams
Top two German teams..

What else

Hadn't been he won the World Cup I know people like you will say it's because his team did not face Portugal.
Whereas if your CR7 had smelled World Cup final, you guys will tabernacle on the fact that he had a WORLD CUP silverware... Chai!!
If liverpool is part of dat top 5 english team, then u're wrong.

1 Like

Re: Messi Agrees To New Five-year Barcelona Contract, To Take 50% Wage Cut by jaxxy(m): 2:33pm On Jul 15, 2021
MJBOLT:
OJEEMAH
ThierryJay

When last did Barca win league??
Re: Messi Agrees To New Five-year Barcelona Contract, To Take 50% Wage Cut by jaxxy(m): 2:35pm On Jul 15, 2021
sammyesx:

That is no entirely true, Messi became a more complete player after xavi and Iniesta left, last two seasons he broke the record of number of assist In a season with 21assist which was formally held by xavi 20, he scores more free kick now, he creates more chances, passes etc. Only his goal scoring dropped a little. Overall xavi and Iniesta's deparrture affected the team performance not Messi individuals performance, he is a more complete player now than he ever was.

If u see included Neymar. When last dud Barca win the league?
Re: Messi Agrees To New Five-year Barcelona Contract, To Take 50% Wage Cut by Emax911: 2:50pm On Jul 15, 2021
RioCarputo:
well its true... but you shouldn't have called me "f**l...
am really sorry bro, forgive me and my childishness. am very sorry

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

AFCON 2022: Nigeria Vs Tunisia In Pictures / Super Falcons Arrive Nigeria With Their Trophy After Record Title Win. Photos / Mikel Obi's Babymama, Olga Enjoying Movie Nights With Their Daughter Mia & Ava.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.