Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,811 members, 7,802,611 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:18 PM

Ibibios May Be The 4th Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ibibios May Be The 4th Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria (6373 Views)

Igbos Are The 4th Largest Tribe In Nigeria. See Why. / ‘Egbira’ Finally Gazetted As Common Name For An Ethnic Group / Meet Wodaabe Men, A Fulani Ethnic Group Who Make-up For Easy Marriage, (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ibibios May Be The 4th Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by jamesversion: 4:17pm On Jul 17, 2021
Ovis1302:

I forgot to include Abua/ Odual( their dialect is closely related to Ogbia) and Engenni ( Mbiama and JK-4 people).

cc; Allen102 and others.

The population of Ijaws/Ijoid people in Rivers state aren't a function of how many LGAs they occupy but the actual population density of those LGAs.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibibios May Be The 4th Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by Captain8(m): 4:28pm On Jul 17, 2021
jamesversion:

There are so many things you are ignorant of. Update yourself so the world doesn't leave you behind.
guy... i know everything...but just that you cant reason higher...

i know in america every born child is registered so they know their population........now how do you know the exact figure of nigeria populations..?..
Re: Ibibios May Be The 4th Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by jamesversion: 4:54pm On Jul 17, 2021
Captain8:
guy... i know everything...but just that you cant reason higher...

i know in america every born child is registered so they know their population........now how do you know the exact figure of nigeria populations..?..

Stop asking me dumb question in an attemp to appear smart.

Since you know we do not have ethnicity in our census form, then why are you stating 20M like you added ethnicity when counting.

Everyone claiming a certain population figure is only doing so by intelligent estimate, using parameters which are readily acceptable. For example the terrain where the particular ethnicity resides.

Technological advancement in Satellite mapping have opened up hitherto hidden areas, which can now be conveniently seen from anywhere in the world. That population density you claimed to have inside swamp is easily debunked with Google map.

Please don't come online and feel you can write just about anything.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibibios May Be The 4th Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by Captain8(m): 5:38pm On Jul 17, 2021
jamesversion:

Stop asking me dumb question in an attemp to appear smart.

Since you know we do not have ethnicity in our census form, then why are you stating 20M like you added ethnicity when counting.

Everyone claiming a certain population figure is only doing so by intelligent estimate, using parameters which are readily acceptable. For example the terrain where the particular ethnicity resides.

Technological advancement in Satellite mapping have opened up hitherto hidden areas, which can now be conveniently seen from anywhere in the world. That population density you claimed to have inside swamp is easily debunked with
people like you are terrible to a society..because you lives a bigotery life...

people like you are the ones that believed military claimed 7times that they killed shekau...

its people like you that believed all the time naf claimed they killed 150 boko boys without asking how they count the deads...

satelite my foot
Re: Ibibios May Be The 4th Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by Eastlink(m): 6:45pm On Jul 17, 2021
Ovis1302:

I think all the riverine ethnic groups in Rivers State consider themselves as Izon people.
The Kalabaris, Okrikas, Ibanis( Bonny),Opobos, and the Andonis.
Do you think the Ikwerres are more than the Izon speaking people in Rivers State?
Stop making baseless assumptions. Riverine Rivers people don't consider themselves Izon abi na Ijaw. Where did you carryout such baseless survey to assume such? Even in Bayelsa the supposed homeland of the Ijaws, the Epies and Ogbia don't consider themselves Izon let alone Rivers people.

The original Izons speak mutual intelligible language in Southern Ijaw areas of Bayelsa and maybe Delta. There's nothing like Izon speaking people in Rivers state. Kalabari, Okrika and Ibani speak their unique languages which is different from Izon.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibibios May Be The 4th Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by RedboneSmith(m): 8:39pm On Jul 17, 2021
jamesversion:

Lolz. Infact it is taught in all Primary and Secondary school in Rivers state.

I don't know who usually allows lunatics access to internet.

Your mother. She's one of us, and she allows us access.
Re: Ibibios May Be The 4th Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by Ovis1302(m): 10:22pm On Jul 17, 2021
Eastlink:
Stop making baseless assumptions. Riverine Rivers people don't consider themselves Izon abi na Ijaw. Where did you carryout such baseless survey to assume such? Even in Bayelsa the supposed homeland of the Ijaws, the Epies and Ogbia don't consider themselves Izon let alone Rivers people.

The original Izons speak mutual intelligible language in Southern Ijaw areas of Bayelsa and maybe Delta. There's nothing like Izon speaking people in Rivers state. Kalahari, Okrika and Ibani speak their unique languages which is different from Izon.

You can't tell me what I know and term my statement baseless.
I did my first degree at Port Harcourt and currently work at the Niger Delta.
Izon is an ethnic nation made up of sub-groups that speak their distinct dialects.
That is why all those sub-groups I mentioned have Ijaw Youth Congress( IYC)Chapter , together with their local youth congresses.
Go and do your research if there is no IYC Chapters at Ogbia, Epie, Zarama( Bayelsa State) or at Engenni( Mbiama, JK 4 ), Abua, Odual?
I can't recollect the exact community in Rivers State now....they migrated from Odi axis of Bayelsa State.
I am not an Izon guy ,but from the Niger Delta.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibibios May Be The 4th Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by Ovis1302(m): 10:24pm On Jul 17, 2021
jamesversion:

cc; Allen102 and others.

The population of Ijaws/Ijoid people in Rivers state aren't a function of how many LGAs they occupy but the actual population density of those LGAs.
So the population density of the Ikwerres is more than that of the Ijoid people in Rivers State?
Re: Ibibios May Be The 4th Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by Eastlink(m): 10:53pm On Jul 17, 2021
Ovis1302:

You can't tell me what I know and term my statement baseless.
I did my first degree at Port Harcourt and currently work at the Niger Delta.
Izon is an ethnic nation made up of sub-groups that speak their distinct dialects.
That is why all those sub-groups I mentioned have Ijaw Youth Congress( IYC)Chapter , together with their local youth congresses.
Go and do your research if there is no IYC Chapters at Ogbia, Epie, Zarama( Bayelsa State) or at Engenni( Mbiama, JK 4 ), Abua, Odual?
I can't recollect the exact community in Rivers State now....they migrated from Odi axis of Bayelsa State.
I am not an Izon guy ,but from the Niger Delta.
IYC and INC just like PDP and APC are political parties that the riverine minority groups are members of. It does not prove ethnicity. How can you claim ethnicity yet speak English & Pidgin during meetings? Meetings of so-called brothers.
Only those in Southern Ijaw of Bayelsa and Izons in Delta can claim Ijaw. Only them speak mutually intelligible language. An Ogbia, Epie, Abua/Odua, Engenni, Bonny, Opobo, and even Kalabari and Okrika speak independent languages.

Even Isaac Boro during his declaration for Niger-Delta republic declared only the aforementioned Ijaw areas for a new country. He never added other areas into it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibibios May Be The 4th Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by Ovis1302(m): 10:59pm On Jul 17, 2021
Eastlink:
IYC and INC just like PDP and APC are political parties that the riverine minority groups are members of. It does not prove ethnicity. How can you claim ethnicity yet speak English & Pidgin during meetings? Meetings of so-called brothers.
Only those in Southern Ijaw of Bayelsa and Izons in Delta can claim Ijaw. Only them speak mutually intelligible language. An Ogbia, Epie, Abua/Odua, Bonny, Opobo, and even Kalabari and Okrika speak independent languages.

Even Isaac Boro during his declaration for Niger-Delta republic declared only the aforementioned Ijaw areas for a new country. He never added other areas into it.
IYC just like a political party....make I laugh in Etche.
I have a copy of Isaac Adaka Book, I will check and post some screenshots here.
I am not an Izon man.....make I noh go drink paracetamol for another person head.
But I speak what I know and have seen live.

4 Likes

Re: Ibibios May Be The 4th Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by Allen102: 2:04am On Jul 18, 2021
jamesversion:

cc; Allen102 and others.

Even at that self, there's no way on earth how ikwerre with three L.G.A will be more than the ijaws in Rivers state. That is impossible

2 Likes

Re: Ibibios May Be The 4th Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by BlackAdam55(m): 3:07am On Jul 18, 2021
Eastlink:
Stop making baseless assumptions. Riverine Rivers people don't consider themselves Izon abi na Ijaw Where did you carryout such baseless survey to assume such? Even in Bayelsa the supposed homeland of the Ijaws, the Epies and Ogbia don't consider themselves Izon let alone Rivers people.

The original Izons speak mutual intelligible language in Southern Ijaw areas of Bayelsa and maybe Delta. There's nothing like Izon speaking people in Rivers state. Kalahari, Okrika and Ibani speak their unique languages which is different from Izon.
Okrikans and Kalabaris are always proud of being ijaw, i have never seen any kalabari or Okrika person who has come out to say that they are not ijaws online or online, it is only you igbos who keeps speaking on their behalves and i wonder why!
Mind you i am a member of these people groups on facebook and they are always proud of their ijaw heirtage so next time when you want to lie, lie with sense. If The Okrikans, Kalabaris Nkoros, Andonis and Bonnys are all proud of their ijaw roots as seen in their group pages, who are you an Etche man to speak on their behalves?

2 Likes

Re: Ibibios May Be The 4th Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by BlackSaints: 3:49am On Jul 18, 2021
Eastlink:

I don't think you are from Rivers state at all because if you are from Rivers state,and you have been to lagos bus stop,(town) Churchill, Borokiri,new road and so on, you won't have make such reckless statement like the bold.
Oga Okrika people are 110% ijaw people infact, the average Okrika man is first an ijaw man before being an Okrika man. If by the grace of God this country split, we are going to take our own share of port harcourt and merge it with the ijaw/Izon nation ( I know this is what you are afraid of grin) we are already suffering in Rivers state under the ikwerres and you uplanders, only the ijaw nation will give the Okrika people peace and prosperity.

3 Likes

Re: Ibibios May Be The 4th Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by Eastlink(m): 3:58am On Jul 18, 2021
BlackSaints:
I don't think you are from Rivers state at all because if you are from Rivers state,and you have been to lagos bus stop,(town) Churchill, Borokiri,new road and so on, you won't have make such reckless statement like the bold.
Oga Okrika people are 110% ijaw people infact, the average Okrika man is first an ijaw man before being an Okrika man. If by the grace of God this country split, we are going to take our own share of port harcourt and merge it with the ijaw/Izon nation ( I know this is what you are afraid of grin) we are already suffering in Rivers state under the ikwerres and you uplanders, only the ijaw nation will give the Okrika people peace and prosperity.
And you’ll force Okrika people to become Izon overnight right? Are you aware that Okrikans flaunt their Wakrike ethnicity with pride? If you failed in your mission to convert ordinary Nembe a stone throw from you as Ijaws, or Epie who flaunt their ethnicity, is it Okrika people that you'll bend into a failed agenda?

When we say no Ijaws exist in Rivers state, we have military gazette of the 1996 state creation to prove it. Abacha carved all Ijaws and their cousins into Bayelsa state, leaving Rivers into the hands of the original owners. The natural boundary is there already and no amount of IYC gansterism will alter it. We are aware of the game you lots played in old Rivers by using fake Ijaw umbrella to dominate us, but now that power has change hands you should stay put in your Bayelsa and stop pick-nosing into another state.

You cried for an Ijaw state and you got it, what else do you want?

4 Likes

Re: Ibibios May Be The 4th Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by WorWorBoy: 3:59am On Jul 18, 2021
BlackSaints:
Mbre!

3 Likes

Re: Ibibios May Be The 4th Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by BlackSaints: 4:11am On Jul 18, 2021
Eastlink:
And you’ll force Okrika people to become Izon overnight right? Are you aware that Okrikans flaunt their Wakrike ethnicity with pride? If you failed in your mission to convert ordinary Nembe a stone throw from you as Ijaws, or Epie who flaunt their ethnicity, is it Okrika people that you'll bend into a failed agenda?

When we say no Ijaws exist in Rivers state, we have military gazette of the 1996 state creation to prove it. Abacha carved all Ijaws and their cousins into Bayelsa state, leaving Rivers into the hands of the original owners. We are aware of the game you lots played in old Rivers by using fake Ijaw umbrella to dominate others, but now that power has change hands you should stay put in your Bayelsa and stop pick-nosing into another state.

Oga i am from Okrika stop talking medicine for my people headace. grin
Okrikans will always be loyal to the ijaw nation because, under ijaw people we once rule Rivers state( Ada George) Under you upland/ igbos we are worst than 7th class citizens.
Re: Ibibios May Be The 4th Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by BlackSaints: 4:14am On Jul 18, 2021
WorWorBoy:
Mbre!
That Eastlink fellow thinks that' i'm not from Okrika because i said that Okrikans are ijaws can you believe that guy? grin grin
Re: Ibibios May Be The 4th Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by WorWorBoy: 4:21am On Jul 18, 2021
BlackSaints:
That Eastlink fellow thinks that' i'm not from Okrika because i said that Okrikans are ijaws can you believe that guy? grin grin
The Obori thinks that everything is kumbaya in Rivers state let him live in his delusion, he knows nothing about wakirike people.
Re: Ibibios May Be The 4th Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by Allen102: 4:56am On Jul 18, 2021
Eastlink:

When we say no Ijaws exist in Rivers state, we have military gazette of the 1996 state creation to prove it. Abacha carved all Ijaws and their cousins into Bayelsa state, leaving Rivers into the hands of the original owners. The natural boundary is there already and no amount of IYC gansterism will alter it. We are aware of the game you lots played in old Rivers by using fake Ijaw umbrella to dominate us, but now that power has change hands you should stay put in your Bayelsa and stop pick-nosing into another state.

Read his comment very well igbo man, no Wakirike in his or her mind will deny being ijaw ( we know this is what you igbos want, so that you can turn port harcourt into igbo city and make our lives more miserable as it already) But know this, no inch of Wakirike lands will be add into something we don't want.
Wakirike people share nothing with ikwerres or Etches apart from living in Rivers state, so mind your damn business and face front.

2 Likes

Re: Ibibios May Be The 4th Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by Graysons: 5:19am On Jul 18, 2021
Eastlink:

You are nothing but a big shameless clown! The Okrikans have said times and times that they are ijaws,they even have evidence to prove it, but you keep showing your stupidity every damn time. You keep talking so much nonsense without evidence go and jump of a clif. There are ijaws in Rivers state,the Okrikans are ijaws and there's nothing you are going to do about it.

1 Like

Re: Ibibios May Be The 4th Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by BlackAdam55(m): 5:26am On Jul 18, 2021
Eastlink:

This guy are you normal at all? Are you not seeing the screen shot where the Okrikans admitted that they are ijaws? What is with wrong with you self?
Re: Ibibios May Be The 4th Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by Hotice085: 6:47am On Jul 18, 2021
manuelberry:
a state with so many tribes.all i'm trying to say is that people mistake calabar in cross river for cross river and akwa ibom and not only cross river alone.so they tend to call us all calabar but i still don't think ibibio ALONE can make that list without joining them with other neighbouring tribes.

How many tribes is in Akwaibom, do you know anything or u just like talking out of point?
Re: Ibibios May Be The 4th Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by KingOKON: 6:54am On Jul 18, 2021
oluztx:
Yorubas and Northerners call them Calabar because they don't them very well, have never known them, all because of One Nigeria oil they pretend we know each other. But Igbos know them very well as neighbors even without them saying a damn word, we can tell you whether they are Ibibio, Efik, Annang or Ika(Igbo).

Do you know you can identify an Ibibio from Annang and Efik? Ibibio look very much like Igbos than Ananng and Efik. They have flat heads light Igbos, muscular, yam legs and light skin too. The light skin you see in Akwa-Cross Axis are mostly Ibibio. Annag and Efik are 95% dark skin like Gov Ayade, while Ibibio share the same makeup of light skin as Igbos, about 30-40%. That's why Adekunle went to Ibibioland and killed over half a million young men. When asked why he massacred them? He said Ibibio and Igbo are one and the same people. Hope you learned something today

How Benjamin Adekunle Murdered 28 Ibibio Leaders And Buried Them In Mass Grave
https://www.nairaland.com/4024724/how-benjamin-adekunle-murdered-28

What is this rubbish you are writing?
So how is Annang, Efik, Ibibio any different from an Ngwa, Bende, mbise, ohafia Akwa of the IBO's
Why do you lots like to write like very stupid block headed goats
Re: Ibibios May Be The 4th Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by jamesversion: 8:19am On Jul 18, 2021
Allen102:
Even at that self, there's no way on earth how ikwerre with three L.G.A will be more than the ijaws in Rivers state. That is impossible

Lolz. How many LGAs make up bayelsa state??. As big as the landmass of bayelsa, aren't they just a mere 1.2Million?

If your terrain is as swampy and uninhabitable as it is in Riverine areas, which population can it support??

1 Like

Re: Ibibios May Be The 4th Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by jamesversion: 8:26am On Jul 18, 2021
Ovis1302:

So the population density of the Ikwerres is more than that of the Ijoid people in Rivers State?

By a distance.

1 Like

Re: Ibibios May Be The 4th Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by jamesversion: 8:33am On Jul 18, 2021
BlackSaints:

Pray that Nigeria does not divide oh. Because that your 14Million population you claim to have will be needed to defend your claims of owning Port Harcourt.

Una dey owe Igbos debt.

3 Likes

Re: Ibibios May Be The 4th Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by Allen102: 9:38am On Jul 18, 2021
jamesversion:

Lolz. How many LGAs make up bayelsa state??. As big as the landmass of bayelsa, aren't they just a mere 1.2Million?

If your terrain is as swampy and uninhabitable as it is in Riverine areas, which population can it support??
You are a typical igbo clown! There's no way on earth how ikwerres with two and a half L.G.A.( they are sharing Phlga with Okrikans) the same ikwerres who always use igbos from Abia and Imo state to win elections in Rivers state, are more than the ijaws in Rivers state. That is impossible igbo man.
Re: Ibibios May Be The 4th Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by jamesversion: 9:56am On Jul 18, 2021
Allen102:
You are a typical igbo clown! There's no way on earth how ikwerres with two and a half L.G.A.( they are sharing Phlga with Okrikans) the same ikwerres who always use igbos from Abia and Imo state to win elections in Rivers state, are more than the ijaws in Rivers state. That is impossible igbo man.

Is it now 2 and half?? Lolz. We believe it is 4 L.G.A. (cos PHALGA of 20 wards, Ikwerre control 16, while Riverine has 4 wards). ... And about Port Harcourt L.G.A, the Okrikans are known as customary tenants. There are documents and court judgements as facts. A tenant cannot usurp his landlord.

If Nigeria splits, No Okrikans/Ijaw will own a pin in the whole area know as Port Harcourt Local government area.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibibios May Be The 4th Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by Eastlink(m): 10:03am On Jul 18, 2021
BlackSaints:
Oga i am from Okrika stop talking medicine for my people headace. grin
Okrikans will always be loyal to the ijaw nation because, under ijaw people we once rule Rivers state( Ada George) Under you upland/ igbos we are worst than 7th class citizens.
You’re not from Okrika Mr man. You might be an Izon infiltrator in the group yet doesn't make you a Wakrike. Who knows if you're the disgraced Olotu Alegi who was shamed by Okrika people.

1 Like

Re: Ibibios May Be The 4th Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by Eastlink(m): 10:07am On Jul 18, 2021
Graysons:
You are nothing but a big shameless clown! The Okrikans have said times and times that they are ijaws,they even have evidence to prove it, but you keep showing your stupidity every damn time. You keep talking so much nonsense without evidence go and jump of a clif. There are ijaws in Rivers state,the Okrikans are ijaws and there's nothing you are going to do about it.
Since you want links, then I can put you to shame, unity beggar. I actually had to go find this link in the Opobo group where one dude posted how you were busted. Check out the outright denigration by Okrika people who warned you Izons to allow them be.

Abeg see below as that was where you culled the above screenshot you flaunt around, yet you didn't bother to post the full version of how you were disgraced, that you had to use old Izon begging style to twerk for Okrika people before they left you in the group. I bet you were shell shocked to see such animosity. cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Ibibios May Be The 4th Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by Eastlink(m): 10:11am On Jul 18, 2021
This was you Alegi Olotu the Izon clown from Bayelsa trying to start what you couldn't finish.

1 Like

Re: Ibibios May Be The 4th Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by Eastlink(m): 10:14am On Jul 18, 2021
Below is the rebuttal by Okrika people who blasted you before you stylishly used your 2nd fake account (Theist Humanist) to beg for brotherhood. Hope you can see where the Azipabu elderly man told you that Ijaw is not a tribe. And you could also see where Okrika themselves questioned what Ijaw clowns were doing in their group. grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Kolanut Reading _ Spiritual Consultation With Kolanut _ Iji Ọjị Gbaa Afa / Change OBA Or BINI To OGISO / 13 Of The World’s Most Shocking Initiation Rites

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.