Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,660 members, 7,801,914 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:34 AM

Ibibios May Be The 4th Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria - Culture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ibibios May Be The 4th Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria (6370 Views)

Igbos Are The 4th Largest Tribe In Nigeria. See Why. / ‘Egbira’ Finally Gazetted As Common Name For An Ethnic Group / Meet Wodaabe Men, A Fulani Ethnic Group Who Make-up For Easy Marriage, (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ibibios May Be The 4th Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by UGBE634: 12:25pm On Jul 18, 2021
Captain8:
Ijaws are more than igbos in population... Ijaws are are supposed to be 3rd largest...
Ijaws have 6 kingdoms in edo
It is not about having 6 kingdoms in Edo state, what you call kingdom is what I understand as dukedom in Benin. It is not having 6 dukedoms, are they populated? will the population combined be remotely close to a quarter in Ekiadolor alone? There are four hundred Bini speaking dukedoms alongside your six "kingdom" in Edo south. how do you reconcile this. Edo state is big man

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibibios May Be The 4th Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by Captain8(m): 12:28pm On Jul 18, 2021
Eastlink:
How can you eye what does not even exist? Ijaw Niger-Delta republic ends in Boro’s original map, no addition and no substraction. Biafra is dead and buried already so no need to flog a dead horse. What we have now is Rivers people with one future and vision. That is why we keep telling you Bayelsa/Delta boys to mind your business and focus on your states.
oh you got angry how we destroyed your biafra dream back to back of 1967 and 2021?

eyaah... oya sorry.. dooh..
please next time you people should not add Ijaw to it again so that we wont sabotaged it again...
Re: Ibibios May Be The 4th Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by Captain8(m): 12:43pm On Jul 18, 2021
UGBE634:
It is not about having 6 kingdoms in Edo state, what you call kingdom is what I understand as dukedom in Benin. It is not having 6 dukedoms, are they populated? will the population combined be remotely close to a quarter in Ekiadolor alone? There are four hundred Bini speaking dukedoms alongside your six "kingdom" in Edo south. how do you reconcile this. Edo state is big man
pls i dont understand your word "dukedom".

i mean a kingdom of where a single kingdom has many towns under it...and each town has many commonities under it...
let take example at the kingdom i come from @Egbema....
Egbema can have it own independent republic or independent kingdom...
this was how we were before the white came to destroyed every thing...

take a look at Opobo kingdom that help britain to fight ghana...

do not underestimate the Ijaw population because awolowo and azikiwe politicised it...
Re: Ibibios May Be The 4th Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by Captain8(m): 12:47pm On Jul 18, 2021
BlackSaints:
Well we are not interested in their bia whatever.
this is what paining them... rejecting their dubai biafra
Re: Ibibios May Be The 4th Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by UGBE634: 12:55pm On Jul 18, 2021
Captain8:
pls i dont understand your word "dukedom".

i mean a kingdom of where a single kingdom has many towns under it...and each town has many commonities under it...
let take example at the kingdom i come from @Egbema....
Egbema can have it own independent republic or independent kingdom...
this was how we were before the white came to destroyed every thing...

take a look at Opobo kingdom that help britain to fight ghana...

do not underestimate the Ijaw population because awolowo and azikiwe politicised it...
See you don't hide population If you were up to as much as even 2% let alone 5%percent or more you will know you will know .The Owans are with two local government areas and they are about seven percent of Edo state numerically. We know the group that matters much and matters little in Edo state and you know you are inconsequential numerically. sometimes I forget you are in Edo state. One can stay four years in Edo state and not meet an Edo Ijaw. Stop calling it town! is it those your five hundred persons town which they sometimes show on Itv back then. call it Hamlet bikonu

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibibios May Be The 4th Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:16pm On Jul 18, 2021
Hotice085:

How many tribes is in Akwaibom, do you know anything or u just like talking out of point?
annang,efik,ibiobio.that's the major ones i know
Re: Ibibios May Be The 4th Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by Hotice085: 6:29pm On Jul 18, 2021
manuelberry:

annang,efik,ibiobio.that's the major ones i know

And you say you know anything, how many ethnic group is in your state?
Re: Ibibios May Be The 4th Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:56pm On Jul 18, 2021
Hotice085:

And you say you know anything, how many ethnic group is in your state?
three...google is your friend.{annang,ibibio and oron}.your vast knowledge should tell you there's difference between tribes and ethnic groups
Re: Ibibios May Be The 4th Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by KingOKON: 6:11am On Jul 19, 2021
manuelberry:

three...google is your friend.{annang,ibibio and oron}.your vast knowledge should tell you there's difference between tribes and ethnic groups

Tell me your state let us sample the ethnic and tribal differences with Akwaibom
Re: Ibibios May Be The 4th Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:52am On Jul 19, 2021
KingOKON:

Tell me your state let us sample the ethnic and tribal differences with Akwaibom
Akwa ibom.so educate me.
Re: Ibibios May Be The 4th Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by KingOKON: 8:23am On Jul 19, 2021
manuelberry:

Akwa ibom.so educate me.

Akwaibom and you so many ?
Re: Ibibios May Be The 4th Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by Graysons: 12:56am On Jul 20, 2021
Eastlink:
Since you want links, then I can put you to shame, unity beggar. I actually had to go find this link in the Opobo group where one dude posted how you were busted. Check out the outright denigration by Okrika people who warned you Izons to allow them be.

Abeg see below as that was where you culled the above screenshot you flaunt around, yet you didn't bother to post the full version of how you were disgraced, that you had to use old Izon begging style to twerk for Okrika people before they left you in the group. I bet you were shell shocked to see such animosity. cheesy grin
Shameless igbo nincompoop pretending to be from Etche i've been to Etche unity from group on facebook They don't even consider themselves igbo. grin grin
Begi begi M0rons, look at how the Okrika people trash you unwanted Otokoto animals with no mercy good for you lost jews grin grin
Mehn Okrika people have no chill. grin grin

Re: Ibibios May Be The 4th Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by Graysons: 1:25am On Jul 20, 2021
Eastlink:
Below is the rebuttal by Okrika people who blasted you before you stylishly used your 2nd fake account (Theist Humanist) to beg for brotherhood. Hope you can see where the Azipabu elderly man told you that Ijaw is not a tribe. And you could also see where Okrika themselves questioned what Ijaw clowns were doing in their group. grin
he pain you die 419, otokoto ritualist, the Okrika people want nothing to do with your biafra, a country of con men, ritualist and prostitution.

Re: Ibibios May Be The 4th Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by B2mario(m): 9:16pm On Jul 20, 2021
kollinzgee:
Any big city you go to Nigeria especially in the south after the original indigenes the next biggest tribe you will see are the Igbos after igbos are the ibibios or we prefer to call them calabars. Do you notice this too?
Not only in the south, everywhere. Akwa iboms are mini igbos. They are plenty here in the north.
Re: Ibibios May Be The 4th Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by Gambit23: 7:08pm On Jul 22, 2021
jamesversion:

With all he listed, Ijaws can never make up 2million in 5Million Rivers state Population.

Ijaw are minority in rivers state. Who dash dem 2 million?

1 Like

Re: Ibibios May Be The 4th Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by Gambit23: 7:11pm On Jul 22, 2021
SaintBishop:
Oga do you even know what you are talking about?

Abua
Andoni
Bonny
some parts of Ahoada
Degema
Engenni
Nkoro
Odual
Opobo
Kalabari
And
Okrika
are all ijaw clans in Rivers state, yet you think that ijaws are a miniority in Rivers state. oboy your head they touch.

Opobo and bonny aren't Ijaw localities.

Ijaw are a tiny minority in rivers state, If they are majority, they would have been winning guber elections yearly.

IGBO is by far the most dominant tribe in rivers state and the will rule rivers for ever, except ijaw begs them to allow them to rule.

2 Likes

Re: Ibibios May Be The 4th Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by Gambit23: 7:13pm On Jul 22, 2021
Captain8:
Ijaws are more than igbos in population... Ijaws are are supposed to be 3rd largest...
Ijaws have 6 kingdoms in edo

Are u naturally madt and abnormal? grin grin
Re: Ibibios May Be The 4th Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by Gambit23: 7:14pm On Jul 22, 2021
kollinzgee:
Any big city you go to Nigeria especially in the south after the original indigenes the next biggest tribe you will see are the Igbos after igbos are the ibibios or we prefer to call them calabars. Do you notice this too?

Tiv might also be the 4th most populated tribe in Nigeria
Re: Ibibios May Be The 4th Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by Gambit23: 7:15pm On Jul 22, 2021
Graysons:
he pain you die 419, otokoto ritualist, the Okrika people want nothing to do with your biafra, a country of con men, ritualist and prostitution.

Tonyebarcanista Ijawcitizen

Wen will u stop all these nansense? grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ibibios May Be The 4th Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by RedboneSmith(m): 7:39pm On Jul 22, 2021
SaintBishop:

Abua
Andoni
Bonny
some parts of Ahoada
Degema
Engenni
Nkoro
Odual
Opobo
Kalabari
And
Okrika
are all ijaw clans in Rivers state, yet you think that ijaws are a miniority in Rivers state. oboy your head they touch.

Why was it so hard for Ijaw people in Rivers to keep their language? Of the 11 clans you listed here, only maybe 4 speak Ijo dialects.
Re: Ibibios May Be The 4th Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by Captain8(m): 7:46pm On Jul 22, 2021
Gambit23:

Are u naturally madt and abnormal? grin grin
guy go sniff you your cocaine...
Re: Ibibios May Be The 4th Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by jamesversion: 8:55pm On Jul 22, 2021
SaintBishop:

Abua
Andoni
Bonny
some parts of Ahoada
Degema
Engenni
Nkoro
Odual
Opobo
Kalabari
And
Okrika

INC and IYC does not qualify to called an ethnic organisation. More like a political affiliation. Which ethnic group uses pidgin English language as a means of communication. It's a shame.

2 Likes

Re: Ibibios May Be The 4th Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by darfay: 12:11am On Jul 26, 2021
kollinzgee:

Ijaws are not even up to 7 million what is the population of bayelsa and delta where they mostly reside i barely met an ijaws in Lagos and portrait court..

What is the population of Delta state? Is that a joke or mental illness?
Delta state has the 7th highest number of registered voters in the country, having only a few thousand behind Oyo state which is very likely to surpass by 2023
Re: Ibibios May Be The 4th Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by Dueprince: 11:03pm On Jul 26, 2021
manuelberry:
a state with so many tribes.all i'm trying to say is that people mistake calabar in cross river for cross river and akwa ibom and not only cross river alone.so they tend to call us all calabar but i still don't think ibibio ALONE can make that list without joining them with other neighbouring tribes.

ibibio is an ethnicity name while efik is the language name. any other language is a Sub dialect just like the ohafia, ohuhu, abiriba. that's why even in akwa ibom you an indigene says common iko Efik u'kana usem.
Re: Ibibios May Be The 4th Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by AutomaticMotors: 6:04am On Sep 28, 2022
richmond500:
na u deh spoil ur day thinking Ijaw is 20m and takes 60% of Rivers population
grin
Re: Ibibios May Be The 4th Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by AutomaticMotors: 6:09am On Sep 28, 2022
UGBE634:
Ijaws are not seven state, Ijaws are so inconsequential in Edo state numerically, Even in Delta state, the largest group there are the Urhobos, then the Ukwuanis before ijos and others. It is not by having one, two sparsely populated communities in every state and saying you are in Every state in the south south.
What ward do you control, what local government do you control? what senatorial do you control convincingly, Even Delta south, you share with the Itsekiris and Isokos .
The Ijaws would stagger with seven million in total population, there is no way you can be more than Ibibios in population not now not ever

Wow! Such Brutality cheesy
Re: Ibibios May Be The 4th Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by AutomaticMotors: 6:21am On Sep 28, 2022
Eastlink:
Below is the rebuttal by Okrika people who blasted you before you stylishly used your 2nd fake account (Theist Humanist) to beg for brotherhood. Hope you can see where the Azipabu elderly man told you that Ijaw is not a tribe. And you could also see where Okrika themselves questioned what Ijaw clowns were doing in their group. grin
grin cheesy
Re: Ibibios May Be The 4th Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by AutomaticMotors: 6:40am On Sep 28, 2022
Eastlink:
Alegi Olotu with your several Nairaland moniker which includes Blacksaint come and see the title of the Okrika group. Did you see any attachee by force Okrika-Ijaws you IYC Bayelsa clowns like to flaunt.

Okrika people are using their platform to discuss issues that affect them, such as their preferred Okrika/Ogu-Bolo state for themselves, the Toboniju/Koniju problem, chieftaincy issues, the problem of unemployment, oil spill, cultism and insecurity.

Only you Ijaw land-grabbing clowns will come from nowhere to talk about IYC politics and other Okrika-Ijaw nonsense all to claim Port-Harcourt that has no boundary with Bayelsa.

Wakrike Nation is the title of the group. Not Okrika-Ijaw that you unity beggars are propagating. This was why they warned you Ijaw clowns to mind your business and stop dragging them into issues they are not interested in. Okrika people are talking about how to win Governorship election and sell a formidable candidate to their upland comrades and not street talks of Izon ogogoro drinkers.

Eastlink:
No na Izon keme. Izon-ibe occupied states for mouth. How are you different from IPOB who allocate fake figures to themselves.

Na only online we dey see this fraudulent Izon population. Lol grin

UGBE634:
Ijaws are not even up to one percent in Edo state. The whole of Etsako is about 12percent and they have three local government. The whole of akoko Edo is about 5% and they have a full local government to themselves, The Igbankes alone is more populated than the sparsely populated Ijaw communities in Edo state and they have two wards, E be like you think say Edo end for gele-gele and Ikhoro. Imo 5?Abia5% you are a clown.
In Delta state The Urhobos are the largest with about 35 percent, Then the Aniomas(Ukwuanis,Aniocha, Oshimili, Ika)which cannot be less than 30% of the population of Delta state with nine local government areas in Delta north. That is about 65 %, the Isokos and the Itsekiris can't be less than ten percent each. You at most will have 15 percent in Delta state.
In Bayelsa, your fraud of a state, We know you wont pass for a senatorial district in a state like Edo state. Edo central (Esanland) the least populated senatorial district in Edo state will match Bayelsa toe to toe in population. Your claim of the fourth largest group will always fall like the pack of card when carefully scrutinized. Kanuri, Tiv, Fulani, Ibibio are all bigger groups when compared to the Ijaws. Ijaw at best will make a an 8 position, the lie that came after Jonathan became president cannot stand in the face of men that can carefully analyze issues the truth must be told to your face whether you like it or not.
How can you be 60% of rivers state when there is Ogoni and Ikwerre. And both are both large groups with nothing less than than 1.5 million each and a heavy migrant population in Rivers state

UGBE634:
See you don't hide population If you were up to as much as even 2% let alone 5%percent or more you will know you will know .The Owans are with two local government areas and they are about seven percent of Edo state numerically. We know the group that matters much and matters little in Edo state and you know you are inconsequential numerically. sometimes I forget you are in Edo state. One can stay four years in Edo state and not meet an Edo Ijaw. Stop calling it town! is it those your five hundred persons town which they sometimes show on Itv back then. call it Hamlet bikonu

grin grin grin grin grin cheesy
Re: Ibibios May Be The 4th Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by IDENNAA(m): 1:31am On Sep 30, 2022
My goodness... grin grin

These Ijaw creek dwellers are seemingly shortsighted, shallow minded and delusional.... grin
Re: Ibibios May Be The 4th Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by Evboesi: 5:15pm On Aug 19, 2023
RedboneSmith:

You are not from Rivers State, lol. No Rivers person will insinuate that the Ikwerre are the most populous in Rivers State. Every Rivers person knows Ogoni people are the most numerous in that state. Ikwerre just get landmass.
this same ogoni Kwanu, i personally feel ikwerre and ogoni are not as large as they claim to be, they do hide under migrants populations to claim those figures, rivers is a very cosmopolitan enclave

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Often Do You Go To Your Village / Change OBA Or BINI To OGISO / 13 Of The World’s Most Shocking Initiation Rites

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.