Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:58 AM

Is It Right For Parents To Uderate Their Son Inlaw Gift - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Is It Right For Parents To Uderate Their Son Inlaw Gift (355 Views)

6 Tips To Recognize The Florist That's Right For You / Kidnaped: Uche Nwosu, Rochas Okorocha Son Inlaw Kidnaped In The Church / Is It Right For Parents To Uderate Their Son Inlaw Gift (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Right For Parents To Uderate Their Son Inlaw Gift by Gladys89: 3:27pm On Jul 15, 2021
Hello ladies and gentlemen

I got married early last year and am recently staying in my husband place but my husband is not based here in Nigeria, when my husband was coming to marry me, my parent from their reaction was happy with him n like him but the problem is that each time my husband gives Me money to give to them, they will just say he tried without showing appreciation by calling him to say thank you .when I asked if they HV call to say thank you, they will lay insult on my husband saying is it because of the small money they will call him ,that is the money up to what they used in training me in school ,but I told them that my husband is still building his way and is from the one he has that he happily gave them , if he had more he would HV given them. But they will not listen ,sometimes they will say he is stingy .
With all this am not happy, and when I opted to tell my husband they will tell me not to tell him about it dat is not every tin that happen I will tell him but after much pain I will just tell my husband about it and tell my parents I didn't tell him.

My husband was disappointed n not happy when I told him, he said if not that he love me and married me that he can't continue with the marriage that he noticed that since he know me and started giving my parent money they never thank him or even to call him on phone to know how he is doing, even if is flash ,that he has been the only one calling them on phone but he didn't take it as anything though,

My greatest pain now is that my husband spoke wit them on phone of recent to know how they are doing and he told my mum he will find something for her cus she just recovered from sickness n she was happy , so later my husband give me 10 k to give to her which I send to my sister to give them ,around evening my dad called me asking me who he gave the money to, I answered him is them and he said for what, that does it look like he is begging for money, that somebody should not insult his fellow human,that i should send my account sharply let him send it back .I was so devastated and couldn't even alter a word ,I wept bitterly ,

When I told my brother about it he said he is not supporting them but I know the money is small ,that I should have just told dad is mummy he gave it to ,that if my husband can't take care of me and them now we neaver born when is he going to do that I became more angry , I later told my husband what my dad did and he vowed not to give my parents anything again even if God blesses him tomorrow or to even call them on phone , that he understood the money is small and they are bigger than that but he just gave it to them wholeheartedly , that they dnt no what he suffered to get it, that is what he has he will give

Right now am so angry ,did I do the right thing by telling my husband or should I HV told him to add more in what he gives to them ,is my parents doing the right thing ?what should I do now , Pls somebody should talk to me before I run mad here
Re: Is It Right For Parents To Uderate Their Son Inlaw Gift by donbachi(m): 3:43pm On Jul 15, 2021
Ur father in particular,should hide his face in shame.if he had done well for himself and family.
Of wat use or financial assistance will ur husband be giving to him.tell ur father to appreciate ur husband,so ur husband can do more for him.na son in law him be,and not his son.
But las las,some son inlaws is better than sons.
Sorry if i sounded to harsh on ur father.

May GOD continually provide for ur husband and family.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For Parents To Uderate Their Son Inlaw Gift by Sugardick: 3:46pm On Jul 15, 2021
wahala for who marry
Re: Is It Right For Parents To Uderate Their Son Inlaw Gift by Yusfunoble(m): 7:29pm On Jul 15, 2021
Having a parent that is not reasonable can be very frustrating. Your parent sees you as an investment and expects you to start paying ROI when you married. Unfortunately, your husband doesn’t stay here in Nigeria raised their hope, and they thought they’d hit the jackpot. If it’s that easy to make money, why are they not making it themselves? It’s even worse that your dad supports this.

Your husband should stop giving them money frequently, let him keep his money and buy them gifts instead or send them once or twice a year after accumulating it. After all you’re the one they invested into not him. Once you’re not abroad, all these our parents assume you’re Hush Pupi.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For Parents To Uderate Their Son Inlaw Gift by Gladys89: 9:07pm On Jul 15, 2021
Thanks to every one that contributed , I appreciate.

(1) (Reply)

Racism In Chinese Laundry Detergent Advertisement / Breaking: News Fg Drags Resident Doctors To Court Over Strike / Trump Sneaks Back On Twitter By Disguising Self As Taliban Spokesperson

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.