Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,485 members, 7,781,458 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:44 PM

Please, How Do U Understand This Verse - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Please, How Do U Understand This Verse (351 Views)

Who Deleted This Verse From The Perfectly Preserved Quran Of Muhammad? / Which Translation Do U Understand Easily Or The Best? / Man Posts Bottle Of Beer And Bible Verse To Justify His Drink (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please, How Do U Understand This Verse by Preciousgirl(f): 4:47pm On Jul 15, 2021
Hebrews 10:20
[20]by a new and living way which He consecrated for us, through the veil, that is, His flesh,
Re: Please, How Do U Understand This Verse by illicit(m): 5:10pm On Jul 15, 2021
It's of no consequence in today's scheme of things

Don't bother urself
Re: Please, How Do U Understand This Verse by TarOrfeeek: 5:35pm On Jul 15, 2021
The flesh of God.

His earthly ways

Which are still of a higher standard to our own spiritual ways.
Re: Please, How Do U Understand This Verse by Splinz(m): 6:41pm On Jul 15, 2021
Preciousgirl:
[20]by a new and living way which He consecrated for us, through the veil, that is, His flesh,

To understand, we have to go back.

In the Old Testament, the tabernacle was built in such a way that, it consisted of two parts. The first part was were items like the showbread, lampstand, table etc was found. In the second part of the tabernacle which was equally called the "Holiest of All" was were the ark of the covenant and other sacredness was found. In fact, it was in this second part of the tabernacle that God dwelt.

In this setting of the tabernacle, the priests went into the first part daily, performing their services. But on the second part, only the high priest was permitted to enter once in a year, and he must go in there with animal blood to be offered for his own sin and the sin of the people. The meaning of this two part of the tabernacle was:

1. The first part or veil indicated that access to the very throne room of God was not yet opened to all,

2. The second part was the throne room of God Himself, where He sits and reign.

Now, when Christ came as a High Priest, not like the former who serves in the physical tabernacle, Christ came with a perfect tabernacle not that of corruption, and that tabernacle was His body. Not only that, as a High Priest, He also came with blood. But unlike former high priests who were required to go in with blood of goats and calves, Christ entered the Most Holy Place once for all, shedding His own blood. By so doing, He obtained an eternal redemption for us all, putting to an end the physical tabernacle and its activities. Now, everyone have access to God through christ. (Read Hebrews 9:1-15).

So here's what Hebrews 10:20 means. The new and living way is the one Christ has consecrated or commissioned for us through His body, having tore apart or putting to an end the veil/demarcation that existed between us and God. That is why and how Christ is the mediator between God and man. Through Him, we all have unhindered access to the Father.

Indeed, what a previlege!
Re: Please, How Do U Understand This Verse by Dtruthspeaker: 6:49pm On Jul 15, 2021
Preciousgirl:

What is the problem with "His Flesh"?
Re: Please, How Do U Understand This Verse by Dtruthspeaker: 6:52pm On Jul 15, 2021
Splinz:

To understand, we have to go back.

In the Old Testament, the tabernacle was built in such a way that, it consisted of two parts. The first part was were items like the showbread, lampstand, table etc was found. In the second part of the tabernacle which was equally called the "Holiest of All" was were the ark of the covenant and other sacredness was found. In fact, it was in this second part of the tabernacle that God dwelt.

In this setting of the tabernacle, the priests went into the first part daily, performing their services. But on the second part, only the high priest was permitted to enter once in a year, and he must go in there with animal blood to be offered for his own sin and the sin of the people. The meaning of this two part of the tabernacle was:

1. The first part or veil indicated that access to the very throne room of God was not yet opened to all,

2. The second part was the throne room of God Himself, where He sits and reign.

Now, when Christ came as a High Priest, not like the former who serves in the physical tabernacle, Christ came with a perfect tabernacle not that of corruption, and that tabernacle was His body. Not only that, as a High Priest, He also came with blood. But unlike former high priests who were required to go in with blood of goats and calves, Christ entered the Most Holy Place once for all, shedding His own blood. By so doing, He obtained an eternal redemption for us all, putting to an end the physical tabernacle and its activities. Now, everyone have access to God through christ. (Read Hebrews 9:1-15).

So here's what Hebrews 10:20 means. The new and living way is the one Christ has consecrated or commissioned for us through His body, having tore apart or putting to an end the veil/demarcation that existed between us and God. That is why and how Christ is the mediator between God and man. Through Him, we all have unhindered access to the Father.

Indeed, what a previlege!

I believe she knew this, but I wonder what she has in mind.
Re: Please, How Do U Understand This Verse by Splinz(m): 7:13pm On Jul 15, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

I believe she knew this, but I wonder what she has in mind.

Or maybe she doesn't. Whatever the motive, the answer is provided for any who does not understand.
Re: Please, How Do U Understand This Verse by Dtruthspeaker: 7:19pm On Jul 15, 2021
Splinz:

Or maybe she doesn't. Whatever the motive, the answer is provided for any who does not understand.

Via her previous posts, she had shown that she possessed knowledge of these
matters so, I wonder what prompted this extract.

By the way, that was a beautiful and accurate presentation.
Re: Please, How Do U Understand This Verse by Splinz(m): 7:57pm On Jul 15, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Via her previous posts, she had shown that she possessed knowledge of these
matters so, I wonder what prompted this extract

Oh really. I see.

Dtruthspeaker:

By the way, that was a beautiful and accurate presentation.

Thank you.

(1) (Reply)

Hold Fast Unto Eternal Life / My Spiritual Father Emptied His Account To Sponsor Me - Prophet / Reasons Why I Think Religion Is A Scam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.