Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,862 members, 7,806,438 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:36 PM

Court Bars IGP From Arresting Oba Elegushi - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Bars IGP From Arresting Oba Elegushi (34333 Views)

Court Extends Order Stopping Obaseki From Arresting Oshiomhole / Court Stops Obaseki From Arresting Oshiomhole And Prosecuting Him / Breaking: Offa Robbery: Court Bars Igp,police,Agf From Arresting Saraki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Bars IGP From Arresting Oba Elegushi by rollandben(m): 11:07pm On Jul 15, 2021
TheFreeOne:

Abomination my foot.

Are Obas above the law?
Capital yes...in Nigeria Oba's above the law. Not even only obas
Re: Court Bars IGP From Arresting Oba Elegushi by Nobody: 11:38pm On Jul 15, 2021
Mostimes I wonder!!! Is it what you lawyers read in school I thought NOBODY is above the law !

Nigeria judicial system is just a huge joke

1 Like

Re: Court Bars IGP From Arresting Oba Elegushi by OmovuduTheBeast(f): 11:57pm On Jul 15, 2021
LamidiCownu:

Tell your parents that

CHEAP FUTAJALON WANDERER
Re: Court Bars IGP From Arresting Oba Elegushi by Telldem1(m): 12:07am On Jul 16, 2021
blizard44:
This Oba Elegushi and land sef .

Otodo-Gbame is still fresh in mind. How a whole community was dislodged with many killed and others rendered homeless to build an elitist estate is not forgotten

Good he met his match on this one.
If they were some peasants, you no go hear pim.
evil people. Go to elegushi and see the full meaning of wickedness (ika).
Re: Court Bars IGP From Arresting Oba Elegushi by Saao(m): 12:19am On Jul 16, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:
I'm a royalty, it is an abomination for a police officer to arrest oba
lol when oba is acting fraudulently?
Re: Court Bars IGP From Arresting Oba Elegushi by TheRealestGuy(m): 12:37am On Jul 16, 2021
It is not new.

Quite a number of so-called Obas are known fraudsters.

I won't name names but we know.

They use their influence to do many unbecoming things.
Re: Court Bars IGP From Arresting Oba Elegushi by TheRealestGuy(m): 12:40am On Jul 16, 2021
Buckeyemedia1:
President has no business with Native customs & tradition, that is the exclusive jurisdiction of The Governor, The Constitution is unambiguous on that.

You are easily speaking English cheesy

If the president wants any of the so-called Kings out it will happen. Of course he will go through the governor.

If the governor refuses, there are many ways to skin a bird.
Re: Court Bars IGP From Arresting Oba Elegushi by Bigpat: 1:31am On Jul 16, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:
For clarity, quote the sections of the law that gave Obas immunity from arrest.
Re: Court Bars IGP From Arresting Oba Elegushi by abbey621(m): 1:55am On Jul 16, 2021
SachaBastien:

I never was talking about Ọbá Elegushi specifically. Sani Abacha removed a sultan. The ooni can be removed by the governor or president. They are no different from Ọbá Elegushi. I mean no disrespect to the things you hold dear but this Nigerian styled non-constitutional mushroom monarchies is nothing but maniacal madness.

You said it yourself Sani Abacha, what Constitution do you expect a military leader to follow? Military Constitution does not respect traditions and norms. I'm not saying it can't happen but the backlash and the judiciary makes it virutally impossible for larger kings like the Ooni compared to lesser ones like Elegushi.
Re: Court Bars IGP From Arresting Oba Elegushi by jaxxy(m): 7:36am On Jul 16, 2021
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Please when they eventually arrest him, they should make him refund all the monies his boys made us pay before we could access a public beach.

It's funny how one family lays claim to land almost as big as a LGA and everybody keeps quiet.
It can NEVER happen where I am from.

I don’t think entrance to any beach is free in Nigeria because government doesn’t maintain them they have to be maintained privately hence the fees. Even badagry beach u pay to enter.
Re: Court Bars IGP From Arresting Oba Elegushi by jaxxy(m): 7:39am On Jul 16, 2021
SachaBastien:

They do nothing. Be they called Oba, Obi, Emir or whatever title, they are all worthless and of no good. They call themselves kings yet a state governor can remove them in a flash. Can Boris Johnson remove Her Majesty, Queen of the British Empire? These "traditional rulers" take money (in brown envelopes....there is a video of one Lagos Ọbá doing so) from politicians to temper your will and douse demands for equity and justice. They are a big part of your problems.

Any oba or emir the state makes can also be removed by the state. It’s that simple.

There are some oba and emirs the state didn’t make.
Re: Court Bars IGP From Arresting Oba Elegushi by generalwo(m): 7:41am On Jul 16, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:
..... Ok
Re: Court Bars IGP From Arresting Oba Elegushi by generalwo(m): 7:42am On Jul 16, 2021
TheFreeOne:

Abomination my foot.

Are Obas above the law?
..... Some of them are literally above the law sha.... There are some monarchs you can't touch..... Ooni of Ife and oba of Benin are prime examples.....
Re: Court Bars IGP From Arresting Oba Elegushi by generalwo(m): 7:42am On Jul 16, 2021
illicit:
What does an oba do anyway
.... An oba is a monarch..... He rules for a living!
Re: Court Bars IGP From Arresting Oba Elegushi by generalwo(m): 7:45am On Jul 16, 2021
visijo:
Being a husband isn't easy. Imagine your wife waking you up at midnight to say, I think there is someone outside �
..... It's simple...... Tell her to come and let's go and check together..... Na only man good to die? For better for worse.... If I am going to check, she must be behind me!

1 Like

Re: Court Bars IGP From Arresting Oba Elegushi by generalwo(m): 7:48am On Jul 16, 2021
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Please when they eventually arrest him, they should make him refund all the monies his boys made us pay before we could access a public beach.

It's funny how one family lays claim to land almost as big as a LGA and everybody keeps quiet.

.... That's why they are royalty.... Do u know how much rights and privileges the queen of England has unchallenged even if it doesn't make sense?
Re: Court Bars IGP From Arresting Oba Elegushi by MrMcJay(m): 5:47pm On Jul 16, 2021
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

They have a Supreme Court judgment over that land. If not, they won't have 1/40 of the land
Re: Court Bars IGP From Arresting Oba Elegushi by DEROX: 6:21pm On Jul 16, 2021
BeardGangJnr1:
Now na yoruba people's turn....lols grin
ode you no see bars there abi go skul una no go anyways our dilector still dey chop beans in dss custody grin grin
Re: Court Bars IGP From Arresting Oba Elegushi by BeardGangJnr1(m): 7:21pm On Jul 16, 2021
DEROX:
ode you no see bars there abi go skul una no go anyways our dilector still dey chop beans in dss custody grin grin
Why e pain u kwonnu grin
Re: Court Bars IGP From Arresting Oba Elegushi by hegelian: 7:40pm On Jul 16, 2021
Tinubuadvocate:
What's good there guy leave Yoruba affairs face your erosion land imo state that ESN turned to south Sudan.

U start the abuse now and when it's given back to u, u will start shouting intolerance.. Must u be a donkey

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Troops Discover Wreckage Of NAF Jet That Crashed In 2021 / Wives, Children Stop Military Trucks Conveying Soldiers To Fight Boko Haram / Heads To Roll Over Convicted Ngilari, Ex Adamawa Governor’s Release From Prison

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.