Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,817 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:06 AM

Policeman, two others killed in Ondo bank robbery - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Policeman, two others killed in Ondo bank robbery (1695 Views)

Ondo Bank Robbers Kill Journalist, Policeman, Okada Rider During Robbery / Graphic Photos From The Ondo Bank Robbery Attack / Robbers Attack Ondo Bank, Four Feared Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Policeman, two others killed in Ondo bank robbery by ademidedavid(f): 6:13pm On Jul 15, 2021
No fewer than three persons were reportedly killed by a gang of armed robbers at Ilara Mokin Town in Ifedore Local Government Area of Ondo State on Thursday, while the hoodlums were operating at a branch of the United Bank for Africa.

Three other persons were said to have been injured as they were hit by strayed bullets from the gang. An undisclosed amount of money was also carted away by the robbers.

It was gathered that the deceased include a policeman, a commercial motorcyclist and a staff of the Elizade University, identified as Mr. Bunmi Afuye.
The robbers were said to have broken the bullet-proof door of the bank with dynamite before they gained entrance into the banking hall.

According to an eyewitness, the okada rider and the Elizade staff were passing by when they rammed into the robbers while the operation was ongoing. They were said to have been killed by strayed bullets. But the policeman was said to have been killed by the dynamite.

link:
https://punchng.com/policeman-two-others-killed-in-ondo-bank-robbery/

Re: Policeman, two others killed in Ondo bank robbery by Nathaniel111(m): 6:16pm On Jul 15, 2021
Nothing much to say than
Rest in peace to the dead.
cry[color=#000000][/color]

1 Like

Re: Policeman, two others killed in Ondo bank robbery by ademidedavid(f): 6:17pm On Jul 15, 2021
Nathaniel111:
Nothing much to say than
Rest in peace to the dead.
cry[color=#000000][/color]

So pathetic....
Re: Policeman, two others killed in Ondo bank robbery by illicit(m): 6:20pm On Jul 15, 2021
shocked

1 Like

Re: Policeman, two others killed in Ondo bank robbery by ademidedavid(f): 6:48pm On Jul 15, 2021
illicit:
shocked

The problem is beyond our leaders
Re: Policeman, two others killed in Ondo bank robbery by Falomo211(m): 6:49pm On Jul 15, 2021
ademidedavid:
No fewer than three persons were reportedly killed by a gang of armed robbers at Ilara Mokin Town in Ifedore Local Government Area of Ondo State on Thursday, while the hoodlums were operating at a branch of the United Bank for Africa.

Three other persons were said to have been injured as they were hit by strayed bullets from the gang. An undisclosed amount of money was also carted away by the robbers.

It was gathered that the deceased include a policeman, a commercial motorcyclist and a staff of the Elizade University, identified as Mr. Bunmi Afuye.
The robbers were said to have broken the bullet-proof door of the bank with dynamite before they gained entrance into the banking hall.

According to an eyewitness, the okada rider and the Elizade staff were passing by when they rammed into the robbers while the operation was ongoing. They were said to have been killed by strayed bullets. But the policeman was said to have been killed by the dynamite.

link:
https://punchng.com/policeman-two-others-killed-in-ondo-bank-robbery/

Security in this country is 0 you will see somebody in the morning by afternoon he might have been gunned down nawa ooooh May God rest the soul of the departed but this is sad Mr olubunmi afuye na cool man

2 Likes

Re: Policeman, two others killed in Ondo bank robbery by ademidedavid(f): 6:52pm On Jul 15, 2021
Falomo211:

Security in this country is 0 you will see somebody in the morning by afternoon he might have been gunned down nawa ooooh May God rest the soul of the departed but this is sad Mr olubunmi afuye na cool man

No one is secured in the country, even the so called security personnels are not secured......

Everytime i see another breaking of the day i say thank you Lord.

May his guidiance be on us all

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Policeman, two others killed in Ondo bank robbery by Richandsimple: 7:11pm On Jul 15, 2021
90% of bank robberies in Nigeria occur in just 3 states,

1.Ondo
2.Ekiti
3.Osun

What is wrong with the security architecture/banks/indigenes of these states?

2 Likes

Re: Policeman, two others killed in Ondo bank robbery by mancoconut: 7:49pm On Jul 15, 2021
Yorubandits doing what they do best

1 Like

Re: Policeman, two others killed in Ondo bank robbery by kingthreat(m): 7:51pm On Jul 15, 2021
Banks should quit operating from insecure locations. Why endanger lives and property? Since POS has come, no need to risk lives.

2 Likes

Re: Policeman, two others killed in Ondo bank robbery by ademidedavid(f): 8:08pm On Jul 15, 2021
mancoconut:
Yorubandits doing what they do best

THIS IS HATE SPEECH.......

YOU GUYS ARE BETTER THAN US IN IT

ALL YOU TEACH US IS BAD BAD THINGS
Re: Policeman, two others killed in Ondo bank robbery by ademidedavid(f): 8:10pm On Jul 15, 2021
kingthreat:
Banks should quit operating from insecure locations. Why endanger lives and property? Since POS has come, no need to risk lives.

ONLINE BANKING WILL SO DO ALOT
Re: Policeman, two others killed in Ondo bank robbery by matasinc(m): 8:19pm On Jul 15, 2021
No where is safe again....

1 Like

Re: Policeman, two others killed in Ondo bank robbery by ademidedavid(f): 8:41pm On Jul 15, 2021
matasinc:
No where is safe again....

Even police station and no safe again
Re: Policeman, two others killed in Ondo bank robbery by Nobody: 8:45pm On Jul 15, 2021
Bank robbery is very frequent in Ondo state. By now, authorities should have figured out how to make incidences like this a thing of the past.

May God accept the souls of the deceased and give their families the fortitude to bear the loss.

1 Like

Re: Policeman, two others killed in Ondo bank robbery by Nobody: 8:49pm On Jul 15, 2021
kingthreat:
The gospel truth. But even the POS operators are not safe too.

1 Like

Re: Policeman, two others killed in Ondo bank robbery by badboyTee(m): 8:49pm On Jul 15, 2021

1 Like

Re: Policeman, two others killed in Ondo bank robbery by Nobody: 8:50pm On Jul 15, 2021
Richandsimple:

1.Ondo
2.Ekiti
3.Osun

Thank you very much. I didn't even see this comment when I made mine.
Re: Policeman, two others killed in Ondo bank robbery by Alvin007: 9:10pm On Jul 15, 2021
Falomo211:

Amen. He was a family friend and my senior during secondary school days. This is sad! cry
Re: Policeman, two others killed in Ondo bank robbery by adefemi007(m): 10:14pm On Jul 15, 2021
Sad news everywhere

1 Like

Re: Policeman, two others killed in Ondo bank robbery by Kyari79(m): 10:21pm On Jul 15, 2021
lack of security

1 Like

Re: Policeman, two others killed in Ondo bank robbery by Kriely(m): 1:55am On Jul 16, 2021
Ondo & Bank Robbery.

Na wa

1 Like

Re: Policeman, two others killed in Ondo bank robbery by Sugardick: 5:29am On Jul 16, 2021
nawa o when I dey FUTA I remember they abandoned this bank because of one robbery back then, they still robbed them again chai

1 Like

Re: Policeman, two others killed in Ondo bank robbery by ademidedavid(f): 5:33am On Jul 16, 2021
safesurfer:
Bank robbery is very frequent in Ondo state. By now, authorities should have figured out how to make incidences like this a thing of the past.

May God accept the souls of the deceased and give their families the fortitude to bear the loss.

Like seriously, they find their way easily into banks in that state with any opppsition.......
Re: Policeman, two others killed in Ondo bank robbery by ademidedavid(f): 5:35am On Jul 16, 2021
safesurfer:
The gospel truth. But even the POS operators are not safe too.

One POS attendant that was trying to snap my card to become benefit boy for my account?

POS isnt the surest solution too

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Policeman, two others killed in Ondo bank robbery by ademidedavid(f): 5:35am On Jul 16, 2021
badboyTee:

Is this greendot or full stop or stop there?
Re: Policeman, two others killed in Ondo bank robbery by ademidedavid(f): 5:37am On Jul 16, 2021
Alvin007:

Amen. He was a family friend and my senior during secondary school days. This is sad! cry

So sorry about that, i wonder gow many more family members, friends and relatives we have to lose because of insecurity in the country.
My condolensces
Re: Policeman, two others killed in Ondo bank robbery by ademidedavid(f): 5:38am On Jul 16, 2021
adefemi007:
Sad news everywhere

If bad news no happen in this country in a day.......we Nigerians self go dey ask say wetin dey happen for the country today because we never hear bad news oooooo, hope we are safe sha.
Re: Policeman, two others killed in Ondo bank robbery by ademidedavid(f): 5:39am On Jul 16, 2021
Kyari79:
lack of security

A result of lack of good governance
Re: Policeman, two others killed in Ondo bank robbery by ademidedavid(f): 5:41am On Jul 16, 2021
Kriely:
Ondo & Bank Robbery.

Na wa

To the extent say if you say you be from ondo for bank those bankers go dey observe you and dey imagine for their mind say person come rob them......

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Policeman, two others killed in Ondo bank robbery by ademidedavid(f): 5:42am On Jul 16, 2021
Sugardick:
nawa o when I dey FUTA I remember they abandoned this bank because of one robbery back then, they still robbed them again chai

They are indeed customer dada ni

There is an insider that needs to be checked....
Re: Policeman, two others killed in Ondo bank robbery by ademidedavid(f): 2:22pm On Jul 16, 2021
Richandsimple:

1.Ondo
2.Ekiti
3.Osun

Still proud to be from Ondo

(1) (Reply)

Viral Singer Was Actually Staged? / Drama As Woman Fights Dirty With Lagos Conductor After He Ran Away With Her 1k / Lcredit Loan Shark & Black Mail, CBN Needs To Do Something

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.