Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,126 members, 7,807,409 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:12 PM

Juju Man - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Juju Man (22735 Views)

This Thing Called Juju. / The Document By Asuquo Udo. The Mysterious Ebony Carver. Juju Rock / Introduction To Afro Science Fiction And Juju Fiction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Juju Man by Devilpen(m): 8:37pm On Jul 15, 2021
JUJU MAN

Written By: OLUSEGUN AYOMIDE SHEDRACH
www.iuprime.mozello.com
iuprime@yahoo.com

All right reserved

Chapter One
Aanu sat by the edge of the mountain which had a water fall beneath it, flowing down to be the main source of water in the village. A place where the sound of water was totally silent and a place he sought solace whenever he was not himself.
“I wonder why father would prefer I remain an herbalist rather than go after my dream, I am not weak, I have one of the amazing powers in this village and yet he wont let me” he thought within himself and raised his hands up towards his face.
“I knew I would find you here” a voice said behind him.
Without turning around to see who it was, Aanu heaved and spoke.
“Only you and Ire knows about this place” he said as the person got closer to him.
A fair boy of about age of fifteen sat next to him, watching the massive water flow beneath them.
“I’ve enrolled for Juju Exam” the boy said with a bright smile on his face, noticing the sad countenance on Aanu’s face he paused and looked at him “What is wrong?”
“It’s my father, Tami, he wont let me partake in it no matter how hard I persuade him” Aanu replied sadly and in a low tone.
Tami had a well tone body for a fifteen year old, although not as built as Aanu who had a rather chocolate like complexion and a set of red eyeballs which told how power he was or would become, the eye color was an unreliable method of grading one’s power. Tami had white eyeballs that glowed at night.
“I know your father understands well, after all you are an half cast” Aanu said still in a sad tone.
“Does it really matter?”
“At least he understands, and he wants you to go after what you like, my father wants me to be an herbalist, he said it was more profitable and had less risk than being an Akanni, even with my powers, he would not let me take chances” Aanu said, this time tears were already building up in his eyes.
NOTE: Akanni is a Yoruba word which means Brave
For a while silence took over completely, no one was willing to say the next word, since a mental health status was at risk.
“I have the perfect solution for that” a feminine voice said behind them.
They both look back and saw the third of them standing in her full beauty as ever, a dark skinned girl, in fluffy green gown that flapped around, with a set of blue shining eyes.
“Ire” the boys chorused and moved apart to make space for her to sit at the center.
Ire sat down, with a strange but lovely scent flowing out from her body.
“Hmm, wetyn by this smell?” Aanu asked and squeezed his face.
NOTE: the English spoken here is a direct translation from the local Yoruba language, while the Pidgin English is their main kind of language spoken, since not all in this story can speak in the right one
“Are you stealing again from the “Oyinbo” people again?” Tami asked with a query look on his face.
“You are falling in love with my perfume, I stole this one from the market square, just think of it as payback for them trying to take over us, guess they never thought we could have this kind of powers” Ire said and pulled her thick single braided hair that reached down to her knee level and fumbled with it as she spoke.
“Nope, that perfume reeks, smells like it was made from rabbit urine” Aanu shouted and went into an uproar of laughter alongside Tami
“Hmm, I would have doubted you, but you have a good sense of smell, it doesn’t matter, since it still smells nice” Ire replied
“You said you had an idea earlier to help Aanu take part in the Akanni Exam, and its just a week away” Tami said, instantly changing the topic.
“Yes, I already registered his name also, but under disguise, which means he only has to wear a mask while fighting” Ire replied feeling fly.
“Wow” Aanu said, his face full of excitement and delight.
“So that way you can have a big shot at joining a Guild, since different Guild Masters would be available to scout for fighters to join their league” Ire added and crossed her legs.
“Let’s do our best guys” Aanu shouted and stood up raising his left hand into the air.
With a bright smile on their faces, they all stood to their feet and raised their hands up in the sky.
“Huhn by the way, Aanu, you said you would talk to Lina, did she agreed?” Tami asked while they all still had their hands in the air.
Aanu gulped and gritted his teeth, he looked at Tami with fury and gritted his teeth.
“She declined me, that girl declined me, did she think she would see someone as handsome or powerful as I am?” Aanu shouted in reply at Tami.
“Maybe because you are an herbalist” Ire added and both her and Tami burst into laughter.
“You wont be laughing for long, I have had some tactic from one Oyinbo man like that, he said I should be flowers, that it’s a means of showing love” Aanu replied
“You are very boring” Ire replied and took a step backward and also Tami did same “Just use the money to buy egusi and ewedu make we cook am chop” Ire said and took to her feet.
NOTE: Egusi and Ewedu are local food
Aanu growled in anger and suddenly fire engulfed his body and shot out furiously from his mouth, razing down the tree before as he screamed, sending the fire at his friends who had already took to their heels

Aanu dropped his basket on the ground and wiped out sweat from his face, he looked around the forest and sniffed into the air, he knelt down and touched the ground, feeling the sound vibration it gave back to him.
“I might have been far away from the village” he muttered to himself and stood up.
“Where do I begin to search for, father just keeps on sending me to find herbs that are really scarce, I know that old man has a point about being rich being an herbalist, finding things like this is a nice source of income” he muttered as he picked up his basket and went deeper into the forest.
Soliloquizing to himself, he suddenly heard a loud screech, like something in pain. Aanu paused for some few seconds, frozen to his spot, a feeling of fear suddenly engulfed him.
“Dragoni” he muttered as sweat broke down his face
NOTE: Dragoni is a Yoruba words which means Dragon
He knelt down in fright, his hands made contact with the floor and suddenly his countenance changed
“Its in trouble” he said with his eyes wide opened and stood to his feet, without thinking twice, he took to his heel towards where the screeching sound had come from.
Running as fast as his legs could carry him, Aanu dashed through the woods, acting on instinct, even though he never knew what to expect. Skillfully stepping on the body of trees to gain height, he flipped himself into the air and grabbed to a tree branch, rolled over and stepped on it, adding momentum, he began to leap from one tree top to another.
He came to a halt and before him was a very gruesome sight. A fire dragon being taken down by masked men.
“I see, Dragonis are only week after laying their eggs, unlike other animals, who protect their eggs with aggressiveness, Dragoni are always weak during this period and to think it’s a fire dragon” he muttered to himself and suddenly his hands went up in flames.
Aanu’s red eyes, suddenly grew much brighter, feeling the tension in the air, he leaped forward, engaging the masked men. He crashed down, boring a hole into the ground beneath his feet. He dashed forward and smashed the masked man on the right straight on the stomach, without holding back. He leaped into mid air and smashed his left leg against the chest of the man he punched, sending him flying and crashing against a tree, which instantly sent him unconscious.
“Cowards” Aanu said groaning, the tension in the air increased as he stepped forward, walking towards the second man “To think you attack a Dragoni, when she is in her weak state” he said and raised his head up, revealing his fury eyeball.
“What kind of demon are you?” the second man asked in fright
“You’re about to find out” he screamed and dashed at him, before he could send in his attack, the man suddenly took to his heel in great speed.
“You can’t outrun my fire bullets” Aanu said and slammed his palms together with all his fingers pointed forward
“Seeking Bulletttt” he shouted and from his fingers came bullets in form of fire, ten of them going after their target.
“It wont stop until it hits you” he said and turned to look at the almost lifeless Dragoni laying in it cave, curled up around its red colored egg.
Aanu walked closer, unshaken by the massive height of the Dragoni, he stood before it and raised his head up to look at it, its entire head overshadowing his body.
“Thank you”
“You can speak, I thought the stories were false, although its strange how I knew it was a Dragoni being attacked” he replied “Will you survive this? You look bad”
“Not at all, that why I want to give you something” The Dragoni said and breathed out from it huge nostrils, almost moving Aanu away from his position.
“Take my egg, protect it, let it be your comrade”
Aanu stood still, trying to process what he heard
“You cant deny this of me, it is my dying wish, I feel with you, it can really help and reach its potential alongside you, I am also sure you will be taking the Akanni Exam, and since you have the attribute of a dragon, you are a good parent for it” The Dragoni said and laid her head as she breathed her last.
Aanu stood still in shock, with tears dropping down his face uncontrollably, he sniffed hard and wiped out his tears
“I will carry out your wish, sleep tight” he muttered and walked closer to the egg.

4 Likes

Re: Juju Man by Devilpen(m): 2:22am On Jul 16, 2021
Chapter Two
Aanu let out loud heaving sound as he climbed to the top of the mountain with an uprooted tree on his shoulder, straining as he took each steps climbing the mountain, he finally got to the top and easily laid the tree down, exhausted, he laid down on his back, his face looking at the sun.
“I cant rest now” he muttered and picked himself up.
After hours of hard work, before him, to the left hand side of the mountain, which had flowing water beneath was a thatched house, which Aanu had completed. He smiled brightly at his achievement and made for the huge red egg, where he had hide it.
Soon he returned with the egg only to see his friends already standing before the hut.
“There he is” Ire said, drawing Tami’s attention to Aanu who was already coming closer to them.
“I like you sense of innovation, we can come here to relax” Tami said and smiled
“It’s not for any one of us, I made it for this egg” he said and walked passed them, he entered into the hut and gently laid the egg on the hay sticks he had laid in it.
“What is that?” Tami asked
“A Dragoni egg, it’s a long story how I found it” he added and sat before the egg, wrapping his legs into each other.
“You don’t seem to be lying” Ire said calmly as she walked into the hut.
“I wonder how its going to taste, chicken eggs are quite popular, duck, snakes, fish, but a dragoni’s egg” Tami said with his eyes widely opened and what seemed like saliva drooling down his mouth.
Ire turned around to face Tami and smacked him hard on the face.
“What was that for?”
“To return your senses” she said and signaled Tami to read the situation in the room
Aanu made flames out of his hands and gently placed them beneath the egg
“What are you doing?” Ire asked
“It’s obvious I am incubating it, I don’t know the right temperature for Dragoni’s egg, but if I can regulate it well, it should hatch between tomorrow and two days tomorrow” Aanu said as he heated the egg.
“Anyway, we came here to tell you about the Exam, it has been moved to tomorrow, they said something about changing dates so as to quickly drop those who werent prepared before now” Tami said and also sat down on the ground inside the hut.
“Huhm, and why would they do that?” Aanu asked still putting up flames around the egg.
“Something about, a fighter should be ready at all time” Tami replied and slammed his right fist into his left palm.
“Take, we made you this” Ire said and brought out a red mask out from the bag that hanged around her waist.
Aanu suspended what he was doing and received the mask from Ire, feeling the texture and happy with the design it came with, he smiled as he ran his left hand through the mask, which was painted in pattern of flames.
“We had it custom made for you” Tami added “Well, we have to retire early today, and rest our body so as to recover from the training, I wouldn’t want to lose and be left behind anyways” Tami said and stood up “See you” he said and beneath his feet, winds gathered which shot him into the air at great speed.
“I little bit of advice, Aanu” Ire said as she also stood up “Apart from heating that thing in flames, trying showing it some true love and affection, do you know the myth about hens and their eggs, those which hatch on time and those that doesn’t at all, everything about nature has feelings” she said and stepped out.
She smiled at Aanu and suddenly ice extended out from her legs, which also sent her into the sky.
“Love and affection” Aanu muttered and fixed his gaze on the egg.
Ire flipped through the book before her, laying on her wooden bed, which had lots of clothes spreading on it and a halogen lamp next to her. She carefully went through the book, taking her time study the fight sequence from each pages and technique being used, after hours of going through them, she heaved and laid on her back, staring at the blank ceiling of her room, the lamp slowly went up in ice as she drifted asleep.
Jemba, this city is the most civilized and advanced of all, due to the larger population of the foreign men, once they had tried to invade and rule them by force, but they met unexplainable power possessed by the natives, powers that they never thought possible, driving them out from the city and country at large.
Soon a treaty was formed, and in guise of harmony, they began to take wives for themselves from the native women, giving birth to mix breeds of children and about 10 in 70 births possess these powers from their native parents.
Jemba had the largest landmass in the entire country, which literary made it the country’s headquarter and their magic was on a different level entirely, which also made them stood out among natives from other states.
It is ruled by a King, who is chosen not only by wisdom and merit, but by also the numerous amount of magic they possessed, directly under the hierarchy after the King, are The King’s Mages, five in number, who are personal guards to the King, below the King Mage are the Squad Captains, who lead lesser soldiers to battle.
An entire different body of committee called The Magic Alter, are men of great powers that could easily rival the King, who bring offending Guilds and look after the general affairs of the Magic Body, bringing offenders to justice.
Then comes the Magic Guild, these are organizations, also owned by Magic Users who could also rival the King, these Guild Masters enroll young magic users into their guilds and take them as their own, catering for them and each looking after each other as families.
And finally are the Dark Guilds, these are also known as Outcast of the Magic Family, doing all sorts of evils in plain sight, also on the run and hunted by the Magic Alter.
Aanu hastened his footstep along the lone road he had taken to get rid of his father, making sure no one saw him leave the house, with him was his Dragoni egg, which he had in his bag. Looking backward and hastening his footstep to make sure no one was on his tail.
Looking forward, he saw a family figure standing before him, covered in mist and suddenly halted his steps, he grinned and made flames out of his hands and placed them forward taking an attack stance.
“Who are you?” he shouted out and this time make his flames go up and with more intensity.
“To think you would actually disobey my orders, Aanu” the thick voice came at him.
“Father” he said and gulped hard, making his flames die down immediately.

3 Likes

Re: Juju Man by Devilpen(m): 9:33am On Jul 17, 2021
Chapter Three
Aanu stood still in fright, unsure about what his father was going to do to him, or what he was to expect. Staring deep at the huge figure of his father, who looked dreadful at that very moment, he sniffed and open his mouth trying to say something.
“There will be no need for that” his father said and walked closer, closing the gap between them to some few steps away.
The red large beads around his neck went up in flames, including the ones around his wrist, his bare chest, gracefully illuminated by the beads around his neck. He puffed out smoke from his mouth and from nostrils before speaking.
“You really have the conviction that you want to be in a guild, then you have to get past me, that is the only way to go after that dream of yours” his father said and clinched his fist together, making it go up in flames.
“I will be going on out, consider me your enemy cause right now I am the one standing between you and your dream”
Aanu gulped hard, held by fear, this wasn’t the full strength of his father, but this range of power was enough to take out an entire army. For a while, he remembered the stories that were told occasional to children about his father, fighting against a whole army of invaders. His powers at full range burnt down the entire village, burning everything in its path to ashes, but never had he seen his father in this form.
“Is that fear in you?” his father asked and made the fire around him grew larger.
Aanu could feel sweat breaking down his face, literarily all his entire body. For once he had never thought his father’s power to be greater than the King as rumored, but seeing this before him, he could sense the demon waking up in his father. For the first time he thought about why his father didn’t join or own a guild or even rival for the position of a King, instead settling for being an herbalist even with this numerous power. This was no time to think.
Aanu took an attack stance, and made fire gut out from his fist and built fire pressure under his leg.
“Then there is no need for me holding back also, I just need to get past him” he thought within himself.
Aanu screamed at the top of his voice and made the fire beneath his leg propel him towards his father, he pulled his right hand back, and sent his fist forward, attempting to smash his father on the face, getting closer to his father, he suddenly changed his flight course straight up into the sky and disappeared into the distance.
His father with a blank expression look into the sky as his son took off.
“You’ve really grown, you can’t defeat me, so you had to trick me, guess I trained a monster, go chase that dream son” he muttered and let out a broad smile on his face.
Aanu came to a running landing, losing control as he touched ground right in the middle of his friends, who were already waiting for him at their said meeting point, so they could move together to the exam venue.
He rolled hard on the ground, and finally halted, he coughed out as he picked himself up from the ground.
“You are late” Tami said
“I almost ran into trouble” Aanu replied while he brought out the Dragoni egg in his bag, to make sure it was in good condition.
“What trouble” Ire asked
“My father, he knew I was going to take the exam, and intercepted me on my way here” Aanu said holding firm to the egg.
“Really, that means you have his consent” Ire said again with a bright smile.
“It’s a little complicated than you think” he said and returned the egg back to the bag “But I will still be using the mask, I really like it” he said and smiled
“Come on, we will be running late, we still have an hour journey ahead of us” Tami said and leaped into the air “I will race you guys there, last person gets to buy us lunch” he said and suddenly took to his feet.
Aanu grinned in excitement and shot out flames from his hands, acting as a projectile.
“Good, they just ignored the option of going by train” Ire muttered and ran after them.
The three stood at the entrance of the exam venue, which was located right in the middle of the King’s Community, a place where elites and strong men lived, a place which was occupied mostly by men of virtues and powers, although all cities in Jemba were civilized, but the was the main commercial hub.
Panting heavily, they watched as different people from different part of Jemba flocked into the city for the exam, mostly teenagers.
“Who came in last?” Tami asked, while trying to catch his breathe
“Nobody, it was a tie, come on, we came here for business” Aanu said, feeling rejuvenated all of a sudden.
They walked into the city and headed straight for the venue. Getting to the venue, they were surprised by the huge number of people gathered, except from the audience who came to watch their exams take place, the participants were really large in number.
“Have you thought about what guild you will be joining, afterall if you pass you can decide to join any guild of your choice” Tami said.
The exam venue had a large open arena, on the east wing of the arena, at the very top of the arena, which was a great distance away from ground level, were seats set aside for all guild masters, nine of them.
Thunder claps suddenly took over the whole of the arena, resounding so loud more of it could burst ones eardrum. That drew everyone’s attention. The empty seats for the guild masters were instantly filled except for the last seat on the left hand side.
(List of all guild masters from the right, their abilities still yet unknown)
1. Lady Vermilion, guild mistress for Goddess Guild, a guild made for ladies only, owned by a half cast
2. Oba Akin, guild master for King Guild, a guild with a very good reputation, known for being strict and recruit only strong members
3. Edun Ara, guild master for Thunder Guild, a guild known for not holding back and full of violent members
4. Juan Baba, guild master for Dark Hunter Guild, a guild known for also causing violent and casualties whenever they go on a mission, although they rank among the top 3 Guilds with most job done and mission accomplished, a guild filled with thugs
5. Gaba Jekanmo, guild master for Heaven Chaser Guild, a guild known for recruiting only members with earth magic, they also hold a fairly good reputation
6. Justin Gold, guild master for Seven Chariots Guild, a guild known for nothing in particular, they lead a very secret affair, that no one understands, making them a very fearsome guild, with very strong members
7. Ini Boyega, guild master for Red Riot Guild, according to the name, they are known for also protesting against evil, instead of taking action, they rank among the guild with most failure, how they survive is still a mystery to the entire Magic Alter Association, since they had decided to decommission them.
8. Adis Tomi, guild master for Action Dogs, known for taking jobs that are more likely to kill them, this guild has lost more members than it has recruited.
9. And Finally Ekun, guild master for Juju Man Guild, this guild has the worst reputation, known for doing their jobs well, but with much more damage, razing down an entire building while on their jobs, careless, although with powerful members, known for causing trouble regarded as the bastards of all guilds, with no rank to them.

5 Likes

Re: Juju Man by collinometricx: 10:23am On Jul 17, 2021
thanks for this

1 Like

Re: Juju Man by Lakesc: 4:49pm On Jul 17, 2021
Ride on boss!

1 Like

Re: Juju Man by ashatoda: 6:57am On Jul 18, 2021
Interesting please more

1 Like

Re: Juju Man by Hardes(m): 7:32am On Jul 18, 2021
Nice piece......kip it coming

1 Like

Re: Juju Man by Devilpen(m): 6:09pm On Jul 18, 2021
Chapter Four
The tension in the arena grew by the passing minute, no one was sure about the Akanni Exam that was going to happen this year, the previous year, was a tag team, where they were asked to fight amongst each other till the day ran out.
Aanu heaved and shut his eyes, everyone expecting the next announcement to be made.
A man placed his hands on Aanu’s right shoulder from behind, turning around to see who it was, it was a young man, which he guess to be around the age of thirty, nothing more than thirty two at most. The man smiled brightly at him and, revealing a set of pure teeth, a scar ran along the upper part of his right eyes down beneath the lower part.
“Hey, you were in my way” the man said and suddenly grabbed Aanu by the collar and pulled him forward, changing his countenance immediately which left Aanu confused.
“Huhnnn”
“Tch, what Guild are you joining?” the man shouted at the top of his voice, drawing the attention of everyone around.
“I really don’t know yet” Aanu replied sheepishly, with a blank face.
“Really, I like you and I want you to join Juju man” the man said with a stern face, gritting his teeth.
“What?” Aanu said and let himself free “Who are you to boss me around, of all guilds to think I would join the Juju man Guild, ridiculous”
The man grinned and smacked his palm on Aanu’s head
“Heyyyy!!!!” the man shouted and pointed towards the place where the Guild Masters were seated “This is my first choice, none of you should take him into your Guilds”
He snatched the bag with Aanu and turned around to leave
“Hey” Aanu said changing his mood, and increasing the tension in the air. “Return that bag” he said in a low voice and made flames charge out from his hands.
“Void” the man said and walked on.
Immediately the words were said by the man, the flames around Aanu’s hand suddenly died down.
“What was that just now?” Aanu muttered trying to call out the flames, but it seemed impossible
“It wont come out, until he is out of sight, Word Magic, that is the power of the Guild Master for Juju man” Tami said
“To think he immediately took a liking to you, you are one lucky fish” Ire chipped in and smacked her fist “That’s right, I don’t have the time to slack around, Goddess Guild, here I come”
“Attention everyone, a voice said from nowhere in particular, but it echoed loudly and everyone could here it clearly
“For your exam, pair yourselves in two’s find an opponent, you will be going up against each other, you have two hours to do so” the voice said and dispersed.
AFTER THE EXAM
Seated at the window side of a bar in the city, Aanu and his friends helped themselves to a gourd of palm wine each, talking and laughing about how their exam had gone.
“To think we would all go our separate ways to different Guilds” Aanu said and sighed “You guys really got lucky, chosen by prestigious guilds”
Seated before, Tami dropped his gourd on the table and sighed before talking
“We really impressed them, but to think of it, there are fearsome powers, Word Magic, Air Compressor, and so much one couldn’t imagine”
“So Aanu, are you really going to join the Juju man, it seems he takes a really good interest in you, cheering you and all” Ire said and smiled brightly.
“I will break his head when I have the chance, but for now, I have to go meet him before the Guild masters meeting ends, and he has my egg with him” Aanu said and stood up.
“So from now, we might not be seeing each other in a long while” Tami said and dropped his head forward.
“I am leaving” Aanu said and walked out on them.
Aanu leaned on the pillar before the main entrance that led into the meeting hall of the Guild Masters, waiting for Ekun to come out.
“You are here already” Ekun said as he walked out of the hall alongside other masters.
“That boy is really good, I could have him in my guild, but not to worry, I have the wind user, his friend” Oba Akin, master of King Guild said.
“Hey sucker, he is my fish and no one goes near him” Ekun shouted and grabbed Oba Akin by the shirt.
“I know, I really don’t want to get in a fight with you, knowing how you fight like a barbarian, same with anyone else here” Oba Akin said and freed himself from his grip.
“Come on boy, lets get out here” Ekun said and walked towards Aanu grabbed him by the shirt and before them a portal opened, and threw Aanu into it and jumped into it.
“I hope the Magic Alter kick this guild off” Edun Ara said and made lighting out of his hands.
“Then you would follow next, cause you have a guild known for violence and stupid members” Lady Vermillion replied
Aanu picked himself up in the blue dark environment he was in, Ekun standing next to him.
“Your father asked me to look after you” Ekun said and handed Aanu’s bag back to him.
“My father?”
“It goes way back, he and I were buddies, we founded the Juju man guild together, and I was his vice then, for this year I never thought about taking any member” Ekun said and heaved.
“Not like anyone is willing to join” Aanu said within himself
“Huhn, it surprised me he has gone really soft, you know he was the top choice for being The King then, but that ode had to refuse and went being an herbalist, I know he has a reason to it, but he wouldn’t tell me why” Ekun said and continued “When you were born, was the day he quitted”
“We are home” Ekun said and held Aanu by the hem of his collar, while he was having a feeling of ecstasy about what Ekun told him”
They suddenly dropped from the sky, holding Aanu tight, they both landed softly to the ground.
“Where is the guild?” Aanu asked, looking around for where the building was, since what was before them was an empty space.
“Huhn” Ekun hummed, with his eyes wide opened “I left it here, check behind the trees, it might be there”
Aanu made a rough face at what Ekun said and shook his head lightly.
“Master!!!!!” loud screams suddenly came from behind them, and dashing towards them were the guild members.
They all ran forward and threw themselves forward at Ekun.
“Suspend!!” Ekun said and stretched his hand forward, which in turn froze all of them in the position.
“Welcome to the guild” Ekun said and smiled.
“Where is the guild?”
“There are the guild, and if you mean the building, WHO THE HECK DESTROYED THE BUILDING??” Ekun shouted and undid his magic
“It was Norris, he was in a fight with Baba and used his void magic, swallowing up the entire building, and he has refused to vomit it from the void realm” the girl before Ekun said.
“NOOORRRRIIIIISSSSS”
“SSSSIIIIIRRRRRRR” the voice replied from behind.
A lanky looking kid walked forward, with a bright smile on his face and starred deep at Aanu
“Vomit the guild” Ekun said with a furious stern
“You know without a condition, the void wont work” Norris replied blankly
“What is your condition?” Ekun asked already frustrated.
“I want to fight the new boy, if he wins, I will bring back the guild”

6 Likes

Re: Juju Man by Devilpen(m): 3:50am On Jul 19, 2021
Jujuman Comic series to be made available for free by the end of the year.
Please kindly follow my facebook page
www.facebook.com/primeinsaneuniverse

Re: Juju Man by Lakesc: 5:58am On Jul 19, 2021
Thanks for the update...
Re: Juju Man by Devilpen(m): 7:23pm On Jul 19, 2021
Chapter 5
Aanu pulled of his sweat shirt and handed it over to Ekun alongside the bag, moving into the circle, everyone had already formed a large circle, with various expressions on their faces, from fight to fun, no one knew what to expect, since Norris was considered the third strongest in the guild.
The cloud suddenly turned dark, mysteriously gathering around right above everyone in the guild, followed by tough winds that blew vigorously
“BIIIIIIIIBBBBBBBBIIIIIIIIIII” Ekun shouted, roaring at the top of his voice.
“I though I should add some little effect to it” the huge boy among them said, and adjusted his hat.
“Don’t do anything, that intro is only for when we go after our enemies, you dare not use my special appearance intro like this again” Ekun said and purred.
Aanu made a fist and suddenly his hands became engulfed in flames, Norris smiled and smacked his hands together, and next were black balls, emitting heat on the palms of his hands.
“I cant attack him head on, I will just have to maintain my distance” Aanu thought within himself and leaped back swiftly, till he was at a reasonable distance away from Norris.
Aanu madeAa the flames on his right hand grew larger, burning with much intensity, satisfied with what he had, he leaned back and with the energy he could muster, he sent the fireball directly at Norris.
Norris dashed forward, towards the flames, and smacked the black wavy ball on his hands together, making it grow larger before him and swallowing up the flame that came at him.
Aanu stood still, surprised at how Norris easily sucked up his flames into the void.
“Norris, what dimension did you send that flame to?” Ekun asked with a smirk on his face.
“The dimension where the guild is” Norris replied and just then he realized what it meant.
“So when you return the guild, it would already have been destroyed or almost destroyed, probably burnt to ash”
“Something like that” Norris replied.
“ALL OF YOU ARE MAD IN THIS GUILD” Ekun shouted at the top of his voice.
“But Master, we follow in your step”
“True”
“Sure, and the lesson you’ve thought us remains forever” different replies came from various angles.
“Where is Remi? I cant find him here” Ekun asked
“He is in the guild” Norris replied and turned to look at Aanu who was still charging up in flames “I have a business to finish”
Norris made the dark ball come out of his hands again and stretched them forward, standing rooted to the ground.
“Spiral dashhhh” he shouted and the ball fired out of his hands, with great speed, hurling directly at Aanu.
Dodging the first two that came, before he could maintain balance, two others were already coming at him, and gradually they began to increase in number, with Norris shooting out the balls continuously.
“Its too fast” Aanu muttered as a ball smashed him in the stomach and threw off, before he could touch ground another smashed his face, crashing him against a tree.
Ekun twitched his nose, seeing how Aanu was being dealt with mercilessly by Norris, it was a fight he couldn’t interfere in until the conditions that were set were off.
Aanu staggered to his feet, already bleeding from his nose, he gritted his teeth and stretched his left hand forward.
“Arrow of God” he muttered and slowly a bow made of flames came out, holding firm to it, he pulled the string and next was an arrow forming on it.
Norris smiled and dashed forward, making the dark balls come out again, he stretched his hands forward as he dashed at Aanu and shoot out the balls. Hurling furiously at Aanu, Aanu pulled the string backward and took his aim, while the ball still hurled at him.
“Seeking Arrow” he muttered and let go of the string.
The arrow moved passed the dark balls that hurled closer to Aanu, making its way through, and going even at a greater speed than the balls at Norris.
Aanu stamped his feet on the ground, making a wall of flames go up before him, intercepting the dark balls that came closer at him and burning them off. Before Norris could react, the arrow pierced through his left shoulder and pulled him backward with great force, slamming his hard to the ground.
“Huhn, Norris is down” everyone muttered in disbelief at the turn out of event.
The wall of flames died down, revealing Aanu who was already weak and could barely stand. He looked down at his stomach and saw a large wound there and coughed slightly.
“I could burn them all” he muttered and went on his knees before going face flat to the ground.
A rumbling noise suddenly came above them.
“Bibi, I told you to stop” Ekun muttered.
“No boss, it’s the guild, it dropping from above, directly on us” Bibi replied and pointed to the sky.
“Tch” Ekun muttered as he looked up at the sky, seeing the huge building dropping down on them.
Ekun suddenly became two, and dashed towards the direction where Aanu and Norris each laid unconscious.
“Every man for himself, if you die, I will only mourn you for a day and I move on with my life” he shouted as he dashed for safety.

7 Likes

Re: Juju Man by Devilpen(m): 4:43pm On Jul 20, 2021
Chapter Six
The building dropped down furiously as everyone scampered for safety, running as fast as their legs could carry them. Almost touching ground, the building suddenly stopped before it could touch ground, the dust raised due to the wave, the building produced slowly began to die down, revealing someone beneath the building.
“Remi” Ekun muttered from the top of the tree where he stood, with both unconscious Norris and Aanu on both of his shoulders.
Remi a ruddy and well built dark complexion boy, wearing only a dark shot slammed his palms together after dropping the building to the ground and stretched his body, while the other guild members began to gather around.
“As expected of the number strongest guild member” Bibi said and tapped Remi on the head “But where are you shirtless again?”
“Don’t scold him for not wearing a shirt, how can I tell him how I feel” Dara, the spell magic user thought within herself, with her cheeks all red.
“You are not his type” the boy that walked passed her said and scoffed.
“Iyanu, kindly use your healing magic to get those two back to their feet, I have business to take care of” Ekun said and threw both Aanu and Norris to the ground.
He opened a portal before himself and walked inside
“Make sure I find the guild here when I come back, do you know how many meters we’ve moved the guild from it’s original position in just one week?” Ekun said and closed the portal.
Guild Members for Jujuman and skills
1. Norris, void maker: Void swallow, void balls, void whip, 3rd strongest
2. Remi, super strength: Heaven Smash, Air bullet
3. Iyanu, healing magic; Healer
4. Tobi, enhancing other people's magic; Power Accompany
5. Bibi, rain magic; Dragon Saliva, Riot Flood
6. Ore; robot magic; Mechanic, Transformer
7. Dara; spell magic, witch
8. Imole; contract magic
9. Trigger; Gun magic; bullet rush, bomb smash
10. James; Boxer, furious smash
11. Honor: shield maker, Total shield
12. Victoria: Switch Magic, can totally mimick other people's people power and memory
13. Nicolas: Animal Transformation, partial takeover, complete takeover, multiples takeover
14. Tolu; demon magic, controls demon from the underworld
15. Henry; Scaler: can make condition to judge people and make them not to use their power, or die if they go against the condition
16. Teju: Vibration; echo killer, vib burster
17. Aanu; flame user, flame seeker, bullet seeker, flame shield
18. Sade; Brain wash
19. Ayo; analysis, maths and martial magic
20. Vincent; shadow and transparency magic
21. Dami; Blink magic, teleportation and superspeed
22. Sola: Clone magic, super soldier clones.
23. Justice; Domain Expansion, he can take people to the domain of the worst fear, which empowers him.
The Magic Alter
The Magic Alter, name for the association of magic members who govern and preside over the actions and doings of magic guilds. It had five members in it. Standing around the bright light that shone from below, illuminating the Magic Alter hall, were the magic alter members, each engaged in a heated argument.
“Enough” the elderly man among them said and stamped his feet to the ground, making the entire hall shake to its core.
“We have to make a decision about Juju man Guild, or else we risk running into trouble because of their uncultured doings” the only lady among them said with a frustrating look on her face.
“They only take up monthly allowance without getting any job done, if we continue that way, the treasury will dry out, we are not gaining from them” another said.
“As we have done in time past, we shall take a majority vote, and we act on the interest of the majority vote, kindly raise up your hands if you want the Jujuman Guild to be disbanded”
Remi, Aanu and Bibi all landed at the entrance of the city, drawing people’s attention to themselves, ignoring all the chattering and bad words thrown at them, they continued towards their destination.
“I finally found out where Master always go to for his secret mission” Remi said and took a turn to the left.
“How am I involved in this?” Aanu asked confused.
“You haven’t gone through your initiation ceremony, so just follow our lead” Bibi replied “After this, we are also getting you your official tattoo as a member”
Remi who took the lead halted and pointed to the door before him.
“A strip club and betting house” Aanu said, after looking at the inscription on the door.
“That is where the secret mission happens, let go in” Remi said and walked closer to the door.
“Wait, isn’t that place meant for only adults?” Aanu asked visibly shaking.
“As a member of this prestigious guild, nobody stops us” Bibi replied.
Remi smashed his leg against the door, shattering it into thousand piece, only for them to behold an unimaginable sight as they stepped in.
“What is Master doing in pants only?” Remi asked and went into laughter, and followed by Bibi
“He always come here gambling and never wins, so today he ran out of money and used his clothe for staking, even his pant, he has lost it” a man said angrily and held Ekun by the neck.
“Let go of your pant” the man said and tightened his grip against Ekun’s neck
“And what are you children of doom finding here?” Ekun said calmly and raised his eyes brow “I need to teach this children a lesson” he said and freed himself from the grip.
On getting closer to the children, Ekun winked at them and suddenly dashed out of the pub
“Everyman for himself” he shouted as he disappeared into the distance.
Without thinking twice about it, the children also took to their heels, as the crowd in the pub chased after them.
“They are gone” Remi muttered and came out of hiding in the abandoned ware house they ran in to hide.
“And I was thinking he was the only reasonable person in this guild, at this pace, I might also loose my sanity” Aanu muttered and pulled out the cobwebs that were stuck to his head.
Bibi walked forward towards the end of the warehouse, suspecting something was wrong. He slowly stretched his hand forward towards the wall and instead of meeting a dead end, his hand went directly into the wall.
“Guys” Bibi called out.
“We saw it, Illusion magic” Remi replied and got closer to Bibi “Something strange is going on here”
They all stepped into the Illusion, through the wall and what they saw on the other end left the with their mouth widely opened.

10 Likes

Re: Juju Man by Devilpen(m): 8:28am On Jul 21, 2021
Chapter Seven
Before them was a tunnel that ran deep into the ground, from where they stood, they could hear the chattering of people and sounds people mining the ground. Remi stepped forward closer to the entrance of the tunnel and bent down.
“Bibi, Aanu, we don’t know what to meet on the other end, but once we get down, we are razing it down, no matter what” he said and leaped into the hole.
Bibi and Aanu followed next, sliding through the tunnel, deep into the ground, bursting out on the other end, Remi smashed his palms together, sending sonic wave all over.
Landing next to Bibi, Aanu screamed out loud, raising his head up and his hands stretched to the sides and sent out flames from his mouth and hands.
“Yeah, that’s the spirit man” Remi shouted and turned around to smack Aanu on the shoulder.
“Seems I am also getting crazy also” Aanu thought within himself and composed, he breathed out loudly, breathed in and breathed out smokes out of his nostrils.
The end of the tunnel was a large and spacious room, having lots of what look like test tubes, aligned on the left side in a straight path. On the right side, were boxes of explosives laid on each other, down to the very end of the tunnel.
Drawing the attention of the people in the tunnel, about a hundred of them, all dressed in black shirt and trousers. The door that was on the left side, where the tubes were came open and a man walked out with a girl who looked dosed and unconscious.
“I am done with her, she isn’t a perfect specimen for the experiment, dispose her and…..” he was about completing his statement when he read the atmosphere of the environment and saw three strangers standing at the entrance of the base of operation.
“Who are you? Don’t just stand there looking at them, kill them”
“We can’t burn this place down just yet, we have to make sure there are no more hostages, once everyone is safe, we can burn it down” Remi said with a grin on his face.
“Wait guys” Bibi said with an angry expression.
“What?” both Aanu and Remi chorused.
“Let’s try talking to them, maybe they will surrender, we save the hostages and they surrender, and everybody goes home without issues, you know life is simple” Bibi said and instantly changed his countenance into a blank one.
The opponent before them, suddenly went into an uproar of laughter at what Bibi said.
“Ode” one of them said out loud.
“Alright, you have your answer” Aanu said as they dashed forward at them.
“Aanu, go straight for that room, I and Bibi will handle these ones” Remi shouted as they also dashed forward.
Aanu shot out flames out from his hands to the ground, elevating into the air, he moved his hands backward and shot out flames again which propelled him forward. He landed right before the door and smashed it into piece and ran inside.
Remi grabbed an opponent by the face and threw him back at the others that were dashing at him, like he was made of paper. He screamed out loud and grew larger, standing about eight feet. He smirked and roared loudly, sending vibrations through the tunnel
“What kind of monster is he?” one of them muttered and grinned.
“WHAT ARE YOU DOING” Remi shouted at the top of his voice at Bibi who was laid on one of the explosive crates. The shout going roughly into the ear drums of the opponent, which made them blank for a few seconds and made their ears began to ring.
“Isnt it a waste of resources and man power, you’ve grown so huge, I cant even fit into anywhere if I was to fight, consider my statue” Bibi replied.
“BIBBBIIIIIII!!!!” Remi roared out even louder.
“Oga, e don do na, so so shout, you go burst person ear na” one of the opponent shouted at Remi angrily, holding tight to his ears, which were already oozing out blood.
“YOU SAAAYYYYYYY WWWHHHHHAAATTTT!!?” Remi shouted even louder.
Aanu walked deeper through the walkway, opening the doors he came across on the walk way on after the other, finding them empty, he moved to the next one. He heard a loud shout that made him dash forward, towards the very end of the walkway, he smashed his right leg against the door before him and dashed in.
Getting inside he saw girls in large numbers, in the large room, each strapped to a bed, and unconscious, he walked further into the bright room, looking at the various strange equipment that were set all over the room.
“Do what you see surprise you?” a voice asked from nowhere
Aanu turned around to find where the voice was coming from, he looked up and around, unable to see who it was he spoke out.
“What are you doing to these girls?”
“Like I would tell you, this is something above anyone, we are making human weapons to overthrow this kingdom, cause chaos, the girl…..”
“I thought he said he wont tell me, and now he is blabbing” Aanu thought within himself and sighed.
“….the girls are much more easy to brainwash and reprogram, which makes them a perfect killing machine, let me introduce you to our very first successful attempt, Laide, come forth Princess and get rid of this pest”
From the far end of the room, a girl stood up from the bed, looking blank and brainwashed. She slowly raised her pale face, with dark eye socket, she suddenly dashed at Aanu at great speed, he was almost unable to keep and smacked him on the stomach.
Aanu groaned in pain as the girl’s leg rammed into his stomach and threw him off furiously, smashing him against the wall. Aanu groaned weakly, raising up his head he saw she was already coming at him again, narrowly dodging the smash that came at his head, he leaped to the right, while Laide’s leg got stuck into the wall.
Taking the opportunity, Aanu dashed at her, made his right fist go up in flames and smashed her head, right into the wall, with all he had, making her go instantly unconscious.
“Laide, go up in level 5” the voice said.
Laide placed her hand on the wall, about to pull out her head, but was smashed back into the wall.
“You are using them as pawns, you have no feeling for humans, are you even one?” Aanu asked breathing hard and in anger.
“Show your face this instant” he said and made all his body go up in flames.
“It will be stupid to go up against someone who is fighting based on his feelings, good luck leaving here alive” the voice said and laughed out loudly “Moving to the next base” he said and laughed even louder.
The building began to shake vigorously, sending down dust and large bricks.
“There is no way I can get this large number out of here safely”
The entire Juju man guild stood at the wreck site, where Aanu, Remi and Bibi had encountered the enemy.
“So the girls are safe” Aanu said and sighed “For a moment I thought it wont be possible, it’s a good thing you came on time” Aanu said standing next to Ekun.
Ekun smirked and placed his hands into his pants, he made a funny look on his face, as he did his business.
“Boss, what you are is disgusting” Remi said and shook his head.
“The juju man guild, I heard they busted a base of operation, the people the Magic Alter have been chasing” A passerby whispered “For the first time, there was no human casualties” the person added, whispering to the person next to him.
“Master Ekun, your presence is needed immediately at the Magic Alter” a young messenger boy for the magic society said standing before Ekun “And please put on your clothes, it will be an act of disrespect if you go in like this” the boy added, with his eyes closed.
“Guys, you here that, gather yourselves soldiers, we shall infiltrate the Magic Alter and overthrow them!!” Ekun shouted and raised his hands up in the sky.
“Yyeaaahhhhhahhhhhhhhh” the entire guild chorused.
“Only your attention is needed, and you spoke about infiltrating” the messenger boy said, faking a smile.
Ekun grabbed him by the shirt and raised him up towards his face.
“Anywhere I go, the entire guild goes” he said and opened a portal before him.
“Let’s go guys”

7 Likes

Re: Juju Man by Blackween(f): 10:37am On Jul 21, 2021
Thanks for the timely update boss
Re: Juju Man by Lakesc: 10:48am On Jul 21, 2021
Surely this Ekun is crazy. Thanks for the update....

1 Like

Re: Juju Man by devilmaycry: 5:30pm On Jul 21, 2021
This is fuccking mad!!!....like I was watching an anime

Made me to remember "black clover"

Op u re doing well

1 Like

Re: Juju Man by Devilpen(m): 6:02pm On Jul 21, 2021
Chapter 8
The door to the main hall of the Magic Alter slowly came open, the wide magnificent hall made every of the Juju Man Guild members to almost cease breathing due to its beautiful interiors and huge art frames of memorable magic users from the past, hanging on the walls.
Mouthwatering foods were already prepared on the wide and long dining table that was positioned right in the middle of the hall.
“Welcome to the house of your majesty, kids, feel free, there is enough food to take everyone round, get the things you want, this kind of opportunity only comes once in a year” Ekun said and brought his hands up to his nose and sniffed it.
The door on the other end of the hall came open, and from the other end walked in all the members of the Magic Alter, all five of them.
“Barbarians as always” the lady in their midst muttered, watching as the Juju Man Guild members were behaving wild and out of order, throwing foods all over the dining table at each other, eating like they had been starved for years.
“This meat is under cooked, who the heck is the chef!!!!” Trigger shouted and sprayed out bullet from his finger tip at the ceiling of the hall.
“Good good, that’s the spirit kids” Ekun said and grinned in excitement.
“Aanu, burn this up for me” Trigger shouted and stretched the meat with him towards Aanu’s direction.
“SIR YES SIR!” Aanu shouted and made fire burst out of his hands.
The Magic Alter members walked closer to Ekun, an expression of dissatisfaction on their faces.
“You call for us” Ekun said, raising his eye brows.
“Only you, and not the thugs you brought along” the eldest of the Magic Alter member replied.
“We are thugs doing the Lord’s work” Victoria, a girl with a round cute face and hairs braided in three rows shouted and turned her face into that of the eldest magic member
“Your thinking towards us is unhealthy, guys, he is thinking of getting rid of our guild as soon as possible, but on the other hand, he has a feeling they cant do without us” Victoria said at the top of her voice, grabbed a plate and slammed it on the head of the person closest to her.
“Sadly that is true” the eldest of the Magic alter member said in remorse and sighed.
Silence fell on everyone as soon as he ended those statement.
“You did a great work saving those girls and finding the hideout of Cash Power here in Jemba” the man said and locked his palms together as he continued “It has been a underground investigation we had been doing for almost a year, when we got wind of it, but everything proved futile, and just yesterday, we deliberated on decommissioning the guild, but with this, we cant do so again” the man said and concluded.
“Please follow us to the second gate, court yard” another man with white hairs said and turned around to lead the way, through the entrance on the other end of the building.
Getting to the court yard, they were moved to the bones with passion and a feeling of accomplishment. Before them were a large number of women, everyone of their knees, with a mixed feeling of happiness and an expression that told about depression and lost hope.
“These are the families of the girls that were taken as test subjects, and they have come to pay respect to your guild, since they didn’t know where you guys were located” the woman in the Magic Alter said, with a sound of brokenness
“Thank you Juju Man guild, for your hardwork and returning our daughters safely back to us” they all chorused in unison and from every angle, sobbing could be heard, mothers shedding tears of joy.
The woman who looked to be the leader stood up, tied her wrapper against her waist, pulled off her sack shoes and walked closer to Ekun, she smiled at him and placed her hand on his head.
She pulled down her hands and reached for a money sack, pulled out five gold coins and fumbled it into Ekun’s right palm
“This isn’t enough to appreciate you or tell how glad I am at this very moment” the woman said and wiped the tears that trickled down her face.
“It is a duty, I cant receive these” Ekun said
Without batting any other words, the woman turned around and left, another woman stepped closer and did same as what the previous woman had done, talked to him and turned around to leave, and one after the other, they all came.
Lastly a young girl came forward, about the age of seven, she starred into the eyes of Ekun and smiled at him.
“I want to be like you, when I grow up and join the Juju Man guild” the girl said in excitement.
“MAAASSSSSTTTTTEEERRRRRRRRRR!!!” both Aanu and Remi shouted in unison at the top of their voices.
“What?”
“We did the job and you are getting all the praises and even money” Aanu shouted and breathed out smoke from his nostrils.
“If you are not satisfied with that, GO AND WORK IN A BAKERY, THEY WONT BE NEEDING TO BUY FIRE WOODS” Ekun shouted back Aanu.
“This guild is something else” the elder man muttered, watching all the drama that went on.
“Young girl, I admire your courage, you can be whatever you want as long as you set your heart to it” Ekun said with a warm smile and placed his hands on the head of the girl.
“Can I join now?” the girl asked shyly
“Huhhnn, whose child is this?” Ekun asked looking around, only to find the entire court year empty.
“I am an orphan” the girl replied still with a bright smile.
Victoria walked forward and went on her knees, she stared at the girl with a warm smile and looked back at Ekun.
“Fine have your way” Ekun replied and looked off.
“Welcome to the guild” Victoria said and placed her left hand on the girls head. “Such amazing powers” Victoria thought within herself and stood up.
“By the way, your reputation just went really up, your guild is now the fourth most valued guild” a member of the magic alter said.
“Huhn” Ekun said and dipped his right middle finger into his right nostrils, moving it around, he brought out the hand and dipped it into his mouth. “That’s is a welcome development” he said.
A loud crash came from inside the hall, grabbing everyone’s attention. A guard ran out panting and trying to catch his breathe.
“The whole ceiling and chandeliers has been destroyed” the soldier said.
“Alright, see ya, we have overstayed our welcome, guys lets go, as from tomorrow, we begin our training, we now have a reputation we have to maintain, meaning we would be having more job request, and we most do them well” Ekun said and opened a portal before him.
The Magic Alter members watched as the Juju Man guild all walked into the portal and closed behind them.
“What do we do with this guild?” the elderly man asked with a sad tone.
“Nothing, this guild happens to be a pillar we cant afford to lose”

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Juju Man by Lakesc: 7:05pm On Jul 21, 2021
More inspiration Op.. Thanks for d update.
Re: Juju Man by Devilpen(m): 7:19pm On Jul 22, 2021
Chapter 9
After the morning meal, everyone in the Juju Man guild moved out of the guild into the open space to begin to prep for their training routine. Aanu stretched is body and looked at the tattoo on his palm and smiled.
“Officially a member” he said to himself and joined the others.
Ekun came out last, looking all beat up and exhausted, he pulled down his right palm along his face and sighed.
“What happened to him?” Aanu asked curiously as it seem not to bother anyone.
“Nothing you really need to know” Ore, the girl with the mechanical and robot magic replied.
“LINE UP ACCORDING TO YOUR HEIGHTS, YOU CHILDREN OF COMMOTION!!” Ekun shouted at the top of his voice, suddenly feeling rejuvenated.
Ignoring the command, all members looked at him blankly, expecting him to say his next words.
“Hey kids, things are now changed from how we’ve have been since days past, and I am personally happy about the development” Ekun said calmly and in a responsible tone “We have 30 pending job request from different cities and villages” he added, studied the atmosphere and continued
“It’s time to truly prove your worth and show that you are much more better than those guild that depend on past glories” he said, looking from each member to another “I saw something special in you, that was why I adopted you into this guild, everyone of us here were considered losers, but with dedication and vigorous training you developed your true abilities and they are yet to see what you are capable of”
“No one in this guild was chosen officially from the exam, I scouted this city and beyond to bring you into this guild, all of you from when each of you were nothing less than seven years of age, and that makes you all my children, except that fire breathing monster that joined of recent” he said and sighed.
“That is why I want you to make your old man proud and happy, so that when we destroy or cause commotion anywhere, it will be a welcome development to everybody outside the guild, IS THAT UNDERSTOOOOOODDDDD”
Expecting the usual loud chorus, not hearing it, he sighed at smiled at the children, his words had really gotten into them, and now he expecting nothing less than greatness from them.
“You will form a team of three, these people in the team, will go on missions together, split the rewards together, fight side by side, you have the whole of today to see who fits, whose power completing yours, or if you get along well with anyone to become a team, weigh the odds and benefits, when you have gotten a team, let me know” he said and sighed “I have a special mission to embark on”
“You’re going gambling again” Remi said lowly
Aanu stood at the main entrance of the guild, watching as everyone was going about forming a team and at the same time, taking his time to observe the abilities that were suiting and complimenting his.
“That’s right, everyone wants Remi to be on their team, Nicolas or Norris, their powers perfectly compliment any other powers. My power also compliments, but they don’t want to take chances, what should I do, maybe I should challenge one of the team strongest and defeat, arrgghhh no matter how I think of it, its becoming a drag” Aanu said muttering to himself.
He looked on as some were already finalizing their pick and doing things with their powers.
“Do you want to tag with me?” a voice said next to him, since he was deep in thought, he didn’t know when someone was already next to him.
He looked to his side and saw Remi standing next to him with a wide grin.
“Me?”
“Who else is here?”
Aanu grinned widely, and scratched his head
“I assume that is a yes, so we just have to find a third person, everyone wants me on their team, so as to compliment theirs, but no one ever thought of their power complimenting mine, which is bad for any team, when we fought against those people from before, I knew you were the person I wanted to tag with, the way you responded to the situation with swift reflex and didn’t depend on me before taking your decision, really made sense to me” Remi said and smiled.
“Tch, you’re flattering me” Aanu replied and looked back at the members distance away pairing up in threes.
“So who do you think we can add?”
“Henry, the Scaler user” Aanu replied.
“Scaler, you have good taste, although Henry lacks fighting prowess, his scaler ability is something you don’t want to come across with, I cant dispute it, even though I wished the third person could be a girl” Remi replied and smiled.
“There we have it, HEEENNNRRRYYY” Remi shouted at the top of his voice and beckoned to the lanky boy to come closer.
Henry ran as fast as his legs could carry him, on getting to Remi, he was already exhausted and panting heavily.
“That run wasn’t up to fifteen seconds, you are incredible weak” Remi said and sighed.
“Maybe, but everything I lack in physical abilities are enclosed within my magic ability” Henry said still panting.
“We want you to join our team” Aanu said.
“Wait are you for real?” Henry asked in disbelief.
“Are you in?” Remi asked.
“Who doesn’t want to be with the two strongest in the guild” Henry replied happily
“Two strongest?” Aanu asked confused.
“Yes, after defeating Norris, you are considered the second strongest after Remi” Henry replied and smiled.
Ekun walked out of the portal alongside Wura, the new girl that joined the guild, any team with less member was to take Wura into the team, that was his plan, more reason why he had to move out with her, and also to get her new clothes and had her hair braided.
“Go and join them outside” he said and patted her softly on the back.
He watched as she ran out happily and sighed, just like this, he had taken all the guild members under his shoulder and given each of them hopes.
“Just like Tolu and Victoria, those two were on the run from hunter group trying to kill them because of their dangerous powers” he said and sighed.
He heard footsteps coming out from the inner part of the guild, a strange magic power, something he had never felt before, he squinted his eyes as the presence began to get closer, channeling all his senses towards the direction.
“What kind of dangerous yet calm power is this?” he muttered to himself.
Both Remi and Aanu felt the strange presence, batted an eye at each other and suddenly dashed into the guild, leaving Henry behind.
“You felt it too” Remi said to Aanu as the got closer to Ekun.
From the inner room, a girl a little older than Wura emerged, her body covered in smooth scales that acted as clothing, long red hairs and red eyeballs.
“It cant be” Aanu muttered to himself “It has hatched”

5 Likes

Re: Juju Man by Lakesc: 8:58pm On Jul 22, 2021
Why is the dragon address as a girl here. Thanks for d update
Re: Juju Man by Asiseeit: 8:59pm On Jul 22, 2021
Thanks for the update. Really looking forward to the next
Re: Juju Man by Devilpen(m): 4:01am On Jul 23, 2021
Chapter 10
Aanu took a step closer, still confused about what was going on, obviously it was the dragon’s egg, but in a human form was much more shocking, the smooth scales that ran all over her body like clothing, the wide and red eyeballs, were evidence.
“Guys, I am sorry but I have a little explanation, that is the dragon egg I brought along” he said with a smile.
“Wait, I thought Dragoni’s were extinct and here you are with an egg” Remi said in shock.
The girl sniffed in hard, raised her head up in, trying not to sneeze, unable to control it, she let it out.
“EETWWWHIIINNN” she sneezed, breathing out fire from her nostrils that quickly spread all over.
Loud boom came from inside the guild, which drew the attention of the guild members outside, acting on reflex, they all dashed towards the guild.
“Yeah, that confirms she is a dragon, but how come she took this human form?” Ekun asked
The girl yawned, and what seemed like the first time, she smiled as she starred at Aanu and dashed at him, she threw herself at him and hugged him tightly.
Aanu returned the gesture, his left hand placed on her head from behind, he slowly patted her head, which made her purr softly. He slowly broke the hug and smiled at her.
“How come you are in a human form?” he asked calmly, by then, the guild was already filled with the entire members.
“It is the abilities in Dragonis that varies from one to another” Ayo the analysis, math and martial user said and stepped forward.
He was well knowledge in everything, his quick analysis and ability to predict 70% accuracy has made him significant to the guild, with his near perfect calculation, he had developed the ability to fight with premium accuracy, thus channeling his martial art skills alongside his analysis.
“This female dragoni has that ability to change into her human counterpart, and it shouldn’t have been possible in the next ten to fifteen years, but seems your lovely emotions had a positive impact to play on that role” Ayo said
“Huh, every night he would always bring me closer and use his body to warm me up, which made me felt more comfortable, and that is why I must also always be with him to protect him” the girl said calmly with her eyes closed and her palms locked together.
“Since she came out first in her human form, to go back into her dragoni form would be near impossible, or probably take years before she can” Ayo added “And if the bond is true, she should be able to read your minds, since you acted the role of a mother here, you should both be in total sync”
“Huhn, he always feel lonely at night or when he is alone, wishing there is someone next to him, a feeling of lo…..”
Before she could complete the statement, Aanu wrapped his hands around her mouth and smiled.
“You don’t have to say everything to anyone, some things are left undisclosed” Aanu thought within himself and sighed.
“Understood” the girl replied, this time through telepathy which Aanu was sure he heard in his head.
“Good” He replied and let go off her mouth.
“Don’t worry, now that I am here, you wont feel lonely again”
“Do you have a name for her already?” Ekun asked calmly and smiled.
Aanu looked blankly for a while and sighed, he never expected the situation to turn out this way, he was expecting a dragoni looking form like the mother he had encountered, and not a human form.
“Huhm, Nubia” he said slowly “her smooth dark silk skin, you know”
“That’s one perfect name, let’s use this moment to welcome our two newest members, Wura and Nubia, tomorrow, we begin our training” Ekun said and stood up.
“Let’s shut down the whole of Jemba” he said a thick voice and raised his hand in the air.
“YEEAAAAHHHHHHH”
“We have a Dragon on our side” he said a thick voice again
“YEEAAAAAHHHHHH”
“Let them also do it, if it is easy” he added again in a thick voice
“YEAAAAAHHHHHHHH”
“Oya, make una contribute money” Ekun said with a blank expression.
“Money for what again oga?” Teju, the Vibration Magic user asked confused.
“Is it not money we will use to shut down Jemba ni” Ekun replied with a grin.
“We still have about fifty gold coin in the treasury na” Sade the Brain Wash Magic user replied.
“Is you that put it there abi?” Ekun asked
“But I am the treasurer and I make account of the money that comes in everyday” Sade replied and grinned “Have you used our money to gamble?”
Ekun’s eyeball suddenly went white.
“Good girl, you succeeded in brainwashing our boss, now we can shut down the city peacefully and put him in trouble” Remi said and chucked with an evil expression on his face.
“Open the portal” Sade commanded Ekun.
With no objection, he opened the portal and they all dashed in.
The Magic Alter
The Magic Alter members, all lowered their heads as the messenger that came in earlier, turned to take his leave, seated in the wide hall that had once accommodated the destructive Juju man guild, with some significant damages still visible.
“They got a dragon on their side this time” the leader said and sighed.
“How many bars have they destroyed, I lost count when the messenger was giving the report” the woman among them said and a distressed voice.
“He said thirty three and counting” another member replied.
“What do we do?”
“We will take responsibility and compensate the bar owners” the leader replied
“Seriously, we still don’t know the reason why, you keep insisting this guild is an important guild to us, when all they have done is cause destruction all over” a member shouted in annoyance.
“Calm down, Meje, calm down” the leader replied
“We all need an explanation” Meje replied this time in a much more higher tone
“Do you know about the invasion of the white skin men, and how we fought back against their weapons of war?” the leader asked in a calm voice.
“Yes, how Folawe the flame user had single handedly repelled their attack before any one of the top members could notice”
“Hmm, but that story is incomplete, Ekun was the second person who fought side by side Folawe” the leader said and smiled.
“Impossible” they all chorused at the revelation
“It’s true, even Folawe had wished to be anonymous, he and Ekun founded the Juju Man guild, helping children with little or no hope, presently there are about 23 in the guild, but beneath the surface, they are more than a hundred and fifty children who both Ekun and Folawe had given hope and made them better person in life, reducing the magic crime rate here in Jemba, now tell me who will continue this legacy if this guild is disbanded?” the man said, still smiling.
Silence fell on every of the Magic Alter members, no one had any words left in them to say, until now they didn’t realize how important this guild was.
“But what I just mentioned isn’t what makes them important” the leader said.
“Then what?”
“I want you to find that out for yourselves”
The door to the bar where the Juju man members were in suddenly came off, shattering into thousand pieces, right at the entrance were two figures, with an uprising aura.
The figures walked in, and turned out to be Tami and Ire
“You son of a thousand father, the egg hatched and you didn’t see it fit to inform us” Ire said as she stomped forward.
“Today is the day you die” Tami said and grinned.
Aanu screamed at the top of his voice, seeing the approach his friends came with, looking around the already disorganized bar, with the rooftop nowhere to be found, he ran behind Remi, clutching tight to him “Save me from this evil pestilence I beg you” Aanu muttered,
with shaky lips.

3 Likes

Re: Juju Man by Devilpen(m): 8:21am On Jul 23, 2021
Meet Nubia
This series, I am actual. ly expecting a lot from this and its getting really serious.

1 Like

Re: Juju Man by devilmaycry: 9:25am On Jul 23, 2021
Nice update

I actually wish everything is complete... embarassed

1 Like

Re: Juju Man by Devilpen(m): 12:44pm On Jul 23, 2021
Our Guild Strongest
Remi

Re: Juju Man by Devilpen(m): 1:47pm On Jul 23, 2021
Chapter 11
Aanu staggered towards his room, feeling dizzy and finding it hard to navigate around, he looked around briefly and wondered how everyone else was still feeling normal, even after taking such large quantities of alcohol from one bar to another.
Almost falling to the ground, Nubia grabbed him and placed his hand over her shoulder, helping him to maintain balance.
“Welcome to the guild!” Remi shouted and waved his hand at Nubia, while everyone else were still feeling lively and staying up so late.
With Ekun out of commission and dumped by the entrance of the guild, snoring and drooling out saliva from his mouth.
“You really did a nice job on master, look at him snoring his destiny away” Ayo said to Sade and stood up to retire to his room
Nubia laid Aanu on his bed and adjusted him well, she looked around his room, admiring the various arts he had made for himself.
“He drew himself and me, when I was yet to hatch” she said and purred
She yawned and turned around, she moved closer and adjusted Aanu to make room for herself, with enough space she laid next to him and slowly closed her eyelid and dozed off.
A knock came at the door repeatedly, getting no response, Iyanu opened the opened the door and walked in.
“Nubia, you should follow me to your ro….” She was didn’t complete the sentence when she saw Nubia curled up on Aanu.
“Errrrr…. What is she trying to do?... I finally get the chance to come into his room and have a glimpse at his face before I go to sleep and she is curled up on him” She said with her eyes wide open and visibly shivering.
“Huuhhhhmm, his head is on her chest…. Ewwweeewwwwweeewwwww. Is she declaring war at me, a war of love, you Nubia have drawn the line, look at him all comfortable and smiling, I cant imagine what he is dreaming, I would have used my magic to heal him right away” she said mumbling to herself, while glued to her position.
“I have to analyze the situation here, if I am to win this war, she has a bigger set of hooters than I have, but I am way more beautiful, it doesn’t matter how large your chest are. I am the most beautiful in this guild, so she stands no chance against me, I have the perfect plan” she said and smiled to herself as she turned around to take her leave.
The door to Henry’s room suddenly crashed open, startling Henry who was only on his short.
“Arrggghhhhhhh!!!!” Henry screamed at the top of his voice.
“Arrrggghhhhhh!!!!” Iyanu screamed back at him.
Henry gulped hard and frowned at her.
“You can’t just bleep into my room just like that, what do you want by the ungodly hour, I don’t have time to move out with cheap girls like you, I am too handsome for that” Henry screamed at her.
“Who wants a lizard, when there are multiple crocodile in the river? She replied and closer to him.
“You are really close you know” Henry said as he felt her breath across his face.
“I want you to drop out of the team with Aanu, I will be replacing you” Iyanu said with a serious look on her face, that said she was serious about what she said.
“And you think…..”
“You dare talk back at me?” Iyanu asked with a growl.
Sweat broke out of Henry’s face, with no option left for him, he had to comply
Ekun woke up the next morning and found himself seated at the entrance of the guild, he blinked his eyes and sighed.
“I hardly remember anything” he muttered as he tried to pick himself up “Remember” he called out using his magic to recall everything he did not remember.
Getting the capture of everything, Ekun screamed at the voice of his voice and smashed his fist right into the ground.
“Ehhehhhehh, I have been looking for the perfect opportunity to teach you children of devils a bitter lesson” he said and stood up.
Aanu gulped softly as sun rays penetrated through his closed eyes, he twitched his eyes and noticed a strange comfortable feeling, so soft he didn’t even bother to check what it was, he adjusted his head and noticed some strangeness, without opening his eyes, he moved his hands around his head, trying to catch a feel of what made him felt at ease.
“Hmm” he muttered to himself and slowly opened his eyes.
“AARRRRGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!” he screamed out loudly and jumped off the bed.
“What are you doing here?” he questioned Nubia who still laid on the bed “Was my head on your, huhhmmmh, all night?” he asked again pointing at her chest.
“You were exhausted yesterday night and you yawned for comfort” she replied and sat herself up
“Tch, that was too extreme, you should have stayed in the girl’s apartment” he said and walked closer to her.
“It wont be convenient for me, who would look after you, no matter what you say, there is no way I will ever leave your side” Nubia replied and stood to her feet.
“Have it your way, at least you would be taking your bath with the girls” he added and stared deeply at her.
“You’ve grown bigger than you were yesterday, or am I seeing things”
“I had to increase my height to match yours and my entire body system, more of to make you more comfortable around me”
“Funny, you should be the one looking up to me, you are barely two days old” Aanu replied.
They both heard a loud scream from outside, peeping through the window, Aanu saw their guild master, standing outside and yelling at the top of his voice.
“Come out you children of destruction and face the wrath of the gods!!” he yelled out.
Everyone trooped out of the guild in threes, everyone to their team.
“Where is Henry?” Remi asked walking up to Aanu and Nubia
“He has left this team, he said you were not compatible with him” Iyanu said from behind, hurrying up to catch up with them
“Huhn, there he is” Aanu shouted “Henry!!”
Hearing his name, Henry took to his heels running towards his new team mates
“Really, such coward, and he was way happy when we asked him to join” Remi said “His lose”
Iyanu grabbed Aanu from behind, wrapping her arms around his neck, and pressing her body hard against his back.
“How was your night?” She asked in a seductive tone.
“Arrghh, it went well” Aanu replied in a shaky voice.
“What is it with this crazy doings, I can literary feel her hooters against my back” he thought within himself and slowly sweat broke on his face.
“I am your new team members, I am sure my healing and wound magic will help you a lot, like I can heal you all and wound Nubia, it’s a mutual feeling” she said and smiled.
Nubia looked at her and scoffed
“Aanu is mine and mine alone, I can literary smell desires all over you, and you are not getting you way with it” Nubia thought within herself and smiled wickedly “Let’s see who survives
“WELCOME TO THE VALLEY OF DEATH!!! ARRGHARRGHAHAHRHRHR” Ekun screamed at the top of his voice, and began to laugh like a villain, with his head faced to the sky.

6 Likes

Re: Juju Man by Devilpen(m): 5:14pm On Jul 24, 2021
Chapter 12
List of Group Members and the name of their team.
1. Bibi, Trigger and Tolu – Team Riot
2. Nicolas, Sade, Justice – Team Squadron
3. James, Teju, Victoria – Team Goon
4. Remi, Aanu, Iyanu, Nubia – Team Fury
5. Dami, Sola, Wura – Team Smile
6. Dara, Imole, Honor – Anger Team
7. Tobi, Norris, Ore – Xclusive
8. Vincent, Ayo, Henry – Sugar Team
Ekun held out the piece of paper they had written their name in and scrutinized the names they had put down, he squinted his eyes and looked at Sugar Team
“A shadow and transparency user, an analysis user, and a scaler user, literary a team filled with assassins and you went for a silly name as this” he said and grumbled
“You see boss, the way things are….”
“SPEAK TO ME WITH RESPECT!!” Ekun shouted at the top of his voice, which sent chills through the spine of everyone, never has he spoke to them like that, even more with a tone of seriousness.
“We are sorry about brainwashing you yesterday, Master” Remi said in a calm voice and stepped forward “We went too far”
Ekun heaved and looked at the kids who were already sober
“Tch, I am even scared of my own guild, one day one of you would decide to overthrow me, before I retire” Ekun said and sighed
“Lets get started” he said and let out a bright smile “But that doesn’t mean you wont see hell, when you go out on missions, you opponents wont take it easy on you either”
“The first team, Team Squadron going up against Team Anger” he said and stretched his hands to the left.
“This portal leads to our training ground, that is where your training would be taking place, its an abandoned city, which was overthrown by the whites, who invaded it because it had no magic users, but a mysterious disease broke out, which wiped out the city completely, we took over, cured it and have began using for training ever since” he said and stepped in, followed by the members.
Getting to the other end of the portal, they all stood at the top of a hill, that showed the entire city, which was large enough to accommodate a convenient population of about two thousand.
“Its silent”
“This is a test you must pass, only those who pass this test will be allowed to go on missions that are outside the city, those of you who don’t perform well, will only do the ones around the city” Ekun said raising the tension in the air.
With a face of determination and commitment, they all prepared themselves.
“Team Squadron” He called out.
“Master” Nicolas replied and stepped forward with his team.
“Team Anger”
“Boss” Dara replied and stepped next to Team Squadron with his team.
“You are too retrieve the mummified box that lays beneath the largest building in this city, use any means necessary, sabotage, use your powers, do not hold back, if bones are needed to be broken, break them” he said and suddenly they all disappeared.
“Teleport” Ekun spoke the magic words and instantly the two teams disappeared.
“Broadcast” he said again, and next was a wide transparent rectangular shape that appeared before them, showing the two teams that will be going up against each other.
“Pay attention to this fight and study each fighter, you might learn one or two things from it” Ekun said and sat down on the floor, crossed his leg together.
“Chairs”
Stools appeared right in front of everyone, without saying anything they all helped themselves and sat down, watching the broadcast.
Team Squadron consist of Nicolas, Sade and Justice, and Team Anger, Dara, Imole and Honor.
Walking through the lonely street, Nicolas transformed his legs into that of a cheetah, his eyes into that of an eagle and his hearing were at peak level.
“Did you see anything or anything suspicious?” Justice asked from him.
“No, but just be ready, they are also cautious about us, since our target is same”
“No I disagree, giving the situation, let’s think this in a different way, two teams are going after one thing, it’s a race of who gets there first guys” Sade said drawing their attention to the obvious.
“You’re right, change of plans” Nicolas said and transformed into a large eagle “Climb on”
Getting to the entrance of the tallest building in the city, Team Anger all halted right at the entrance.
“No one has been here” Imole said “Guys go on ahead, I will stay here and defend, I and my contract spirits, we don’t know what to expect inside and I we cant let them in also” Imole added and slammed his hands together
“Are you sure you can hold them off?” Honor asked, since he was a shield user, he was best fit for that
“Don’t worry, just do things according to plan”
An eagle cried out in the sky, the large shadow covering the entire area, they all looked up and saw it was Nicolas the animal transformation user.
Both Dara and Imole ran towards the entrance of the building, while Imole had gone in, Dara placed her hands on the two frame end of the door and casted spells on it.
The Squadron Team appeared right before Imole who was manning the entrance.
“Careful, he his evenly matched with us, you should know that” Nicolas said and transformed his hands into that of a gorilla and smashed them both together “I will create an opening, both of you should go through once the opening has been made”
Imole slammed his palms together and stretched his right hand forward and signaled them to come at him.
Nicolas dashed in first, he instantly transformed his legs into that of a rabbit and leaped into the sky, his gorilla hands, moved backward and rapidly coming back to make a smash.
Launching himself at Nicolas, Imole dived in between the gorilla hands in mid air and smacked Nicolas on the left side of his face, which instantly crashed him to the ground.
He grabbed Nicolas by the shirt and smashed his fist right into his stomach, sending him distance away.
“How is that even possible?” Sade muttered “Hey Imole!” She shouted hoping for some response so her brainwashing could kick in.
Not batting an eye at her at all, Imole dashed at Justice.
Prepared Justice smacked his palms together, and made a black hole come before him, hoping Imole would waver a bit in fear, still running right at the dark hole that was threatening, Imole suddenly disappeared, inches before he could run into the hole, and taking his previous position was Sade, who went in straight into the domain expansion of fear.
“ARRHGHHHHGHGH!!” she screamed out in pain, as sweat furiously broke out of all pores on her body, she continued screaming and trembling in fear, as she grew pale and weak.
Justice suddenly received a hit on his neck from behind and went unconscious.
“They really got us good” Nicolas said in pain, laying in his position “What just happened”
Imole pulled the coffin right in front of them to the ground and on the ground within the rumbles was the object they had gone after, the mummified box.
“My Patch spirit, fought them off, it’s a good thing they thought it was really me” Imole said as they made their way back.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Juju Man by devilmaycry: 5:47pm On Jul 24, 2021
Ride on
Re: Juju Man by Lakesc: 6:28am On Jul 25, 2021
Thanks for the update..
Re: Juju Man by Hardes(m): 12:37pm On Jul 26, 2021
Thanks for the update
Re: Juju Man by Devilpen(m): 10:48pm On Jul 26, 2021
Chapter 13
Without batting an eye backward to look at the two sets that went up against each other, Ekun inhaled deeply and spoke.
“Your skills are barely average for the team that lost, I hope you understand that your inability to take quick decisions led to you defeat?”
Giving no reply, both teams already knew their weakness and what to improve on, the only side line was that the loosing team will do home missions for a year and hopefully get another shot again to prove themselves.
“Team Smile and Team Riot” Ekun called out softly.
Members in both team all stood up, waiting for their mission objective.
“Team Smile, will be playing the villain, you will find yourselves standing before a giant orb that is capable of destroying the world, stimulate this orb, to make it destroy the world, Team Riot, your objective is to take them down” Ekun said and paused making sure his message got to them
“Understood” the all chorused.
“Dismiss”
Team Smile suddenly found themselves standing before a giant orange colored orb that stood about thirty feet tall and took a reasonable amount of space by the width. In the middle of the orb laid a wheel that was meant to be used to stimulate the orb.
“Begin work immediately, we shall take this world by the horn and bring it down to its kneels” Dami said with a wide devilish grin on his face.
“Wura create a street illusion magic before us, that wont give out our location, our magic are almost same, Sola send out your clone magic to intercept, so that they act as a decoy, we cant risk them knowing our locations” Dami said giving a smooth flow of command, that of a naturally born evil leader.
Team Riot dashed through the streets of the empty city, while the cloud suddenly began to grow dark and thicker, followed by thunder bolts and lightning.
“My demon magic picks up footsteps approaching us” Tolu said, breathing heavily as she ran.
“Bibi, you have to keep them busy, while I and Tolu go after the main troop, that is probably Sola’s clone magic coming after us and we need Tolu’s magic to help us locate them, I am sure they would be using the illusion” Trigger said while they still kept at running as fast as their legs could carry them.
Taking the left turn into the next street, the got intercepted by Sola’s clones, which were made of white fumes, seven of them, while the eight was taking the form of Sola herself, which was hard for Team Riot to determine if it was truly her or her clone.
“What ever, we still stick to the plan” Trigger shouted and smashed his hands together
Bibi suddenly turned himself into a heavy flood and rushed down the street furiously washing everything in his path away, except for his team members which he had already created a force field around them.
“The clones are gone” Bibi said and turned into his human form.
“But we still don’t know where they are, their presences are completely sealed” Tolu said “I will scout from the sky” she said and summoned out dark wings from her back.
Trigger suddenly threw himself above her and shot furiously at the sky at the clone that dropped down from the sky and was aiming directly at Tolu who didn’t even notice.
With bullets piercing through the clone, it dispersed into thine air.
Three more clones popped out of nowhere before them.
“These clones are stronger, which means they are around here” Trigger said and summouned out a bazooka from his palms “You should all lay down, if they are using illusion magic, then there is only one way to give out their location, I will tear everything apart, Bibi let it rain” Trigger said and made his googles drop down from his forehead covering his eyes, a wide grin on his face, he pulled the bazooka and smiled.
“Trigger is a bone in the throat, as expected he is going on rampage, which is useless against my illusion magic” Wura said in fright, while Dami was stimulating the orb, as it got brighter and brighter.
“We are almost there” Dami muttered
TRAAARRTTTRAAATRRAAAAA!!! The furious Gatling sound from the barrels of Trigger’s machine gun got louder, with a bullet piercing through the illusion that was made, and another hitting Wura right on the chest, immediately sending her to the ground, which made the illusion come off due to her lack of concentration.
Team Riot stood before Team Smile, both looking at themselves with total hatred.
“Guys, RAMPAGE!!” Trigger shouted and made pistols appear on both of his hands
BAMMM BAMM!! He fired rapid shot at Dami, who immediately activated his blink magic, appearing at various places at the same time.
“Stay one place and let me have your head” Trigger shouted as he fired rapid shot at the Dami who kept disappearing and appearing again “Tolu, don’t just stand around, destroy that thing” Trigger shouted at the top of his voice “I will keep this one busy, that is our main objective” he shouted again.
Tolu transformed into her demon counterpart, which reeked of evil, she screamed out loudly with an ear deafening sound, and slammed her tail to the ground, which shook the entire foundation of the city. Dashing at the orb, she stretched her wide hand backwards and increased her talons, swiftly launching an attack at the orb.
Sola launched heself at Tolu, intercepting her by grabbing her by the waist. They both crashed hard to the ground, making clones of herself, Sola made sure each of her clones took swift turns to punch Tolu hard, without any breathing space or any chance for her to retaliate.
Bibi on the other hand was also engaged by Wura’s illusion magic, running around in circles and launching blows at no one into the thine air.
“Dem later get this boy sha” Trigger muttered as he continued to fire rapid shot at the Blink magic user.
Trigger brought made a rocket launcher appear next and took aim at Dami.
“You think that will work, I will just keep blinking off” Dami said and grinned widely.
“It was not meant for you, ode” Trigger said and launched the missiles.
The force pulling him backward some few inches, the missiles launched into the air, and took another direction, each going in opposite direction, and moved around till they finally faced the direction of the orb.
Creating a loud explosion sound, the missiles smashed the orbs into pieces.
“Mission complete” Trigger said and smiled.
“Like it would come so easy on a platter of gold” Dami said and smiled, this time he was already on the left hand side of Trigger “All you saw happen, the fight you had with me and all, were all illusions” Dami said and slowly the illusion magic began to wear off, like clothe being burnt, the illusion enclosure slowly began to wear off.
“It will be really stupid to go head on with you, considering your destructive power” Dami said standing before the already stimulated orb which was now glowing brightly.
“Looks like we won”
“That’s some tricky doing over there” Aanu muttered to himself “So this is the true power of the Juju Man guild” he thought within himself.
Visibly seeing his troubled face Remi placed his hand on his shoulder and smiled without saying anything.
“Next team” Ekun said calmly “Team Goon against Team Sugar

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Juju Man by Devilpen(m): 4:22am On Jul 29, 2021
Chapter 14
Team Goon came to a halt at the entrance of the rail station, James took a quick glance at his team mates and nodded his head. Without uttering any words to themselves, Teju places her hands on the wall, receiving the feedback of the vibrations that moved around the wall.
“Our goal is to handicap them, they committed treason against the kingdom” Boxer muttered and looked at Teju who was still busy with her thing.
“We are running out of time, it’s a time limit of ten minutes Teju” James said softly.
“They are inside, but they are separated, seems they are luring us in” Teju said and opened her eyes
“Can you pinpoint the location of each of them? Victoria the Switch magic user asked
“No, since we have a time limit, it will be unwise to go after each one in group, lets separate and try to pin them down” Teju suggested.
“It wont work that way, there is Ayo who uses Analysis Magic, he must have analyzed the odd of their winning, and have decided which one would be best, so them splitting up is a trick to lure us into chasing them one after the other, we go after them in group” Victoria said and sighed.
“And how are you sure?”
“Think, what would Ayo do? If the odds of them winning on a one on one match wasn’t high, they wouldn’t have split” she said “Teju which one is the closest to us?”
Descending down the stairs into the sub train station, Teju raised her hands up in the mild darkness, signaling them to stop
“We are being followed, and watched through the shadows” She muttered, drawing their attention.
“Tch, Vincent” James muttered and slammed his hands together, which in return began to ooze out light blue flames.
Next were footsteps coming out of the dark entrance distance away from them, seeing the shoe from the distance, while the upper body was still not visible, they already knew who it was.
“Henry, he is in his scaler form, this is bad, we need to separate, Vincent isn’t far from here, seems like he is their eyes, I will take care of Henry, it wont be good if he begins to judge all of us at the same time”
Without arguing or making any sentence, both Teju and Victoria took to their feet, disappearing into the dark behind James.
“So this was their plan, Vincent made decoys with his shadows, knowing we would be thinking they had separate and wont take chances of going after them one on one, they would get us in a corner and used his scaler judgement on us” James thought within himself and took an attack stance.
“To think you figured out my master plan so soon, but a little late is amazing” Henry said as he began to get visible, on his left hand was a judgement scale which was still perfectly balanced
“I shall judge you according to the works of your hands, I hope I find you worthy” Henry said coldly and stretched his scale forward “Are you ready?”
James grinned and dashed at Henry, launching his left flaming fist forward.
Teju suddenly tripped to the ground and smacked her face hard against the ground, which instantly made light bruises on her cheeks
“Sorry I had to be rough” Vincent said and came out of the wall beside Teju.
“How, you were still distance away”
“Well, since I used shadow magic, I can easily manipulate the attributes of any object I blend into and completely seal of my presence” he said and knelt down beside Teju while grabbing her by the hair.
“Let’s end this quickly” he said
Teju let out a loud scream from her mouth, which resulted in ear deafening sound waves, that shot her up into the air, and had a negative feedback on Vincent, who was caught off guard. His ears immediately began to bleed out large quantity of blood.
“Arrgghh” Vincent let out a loud cry as he fell to the ground.
His system was completely disorganized, trying to use his transparency magic, he found out the he couldn’t, all the cells in his body were off chart and vibrating at ridiculous speed
“Your mistake was to under estimate us, with my scream, I can manipulate the cells in your body and make them explode as long as I am within range” she said and grunted.
“You will……” Vincent couldn’t complete his statement when he went unconscious.
“I hope James is handling his side well, I should go help Victoria” she said and placed her hands on the ground to determine Victoria’s location.
Vincent dashed through the train track, running as fast as his legs could go.
“Vincent” Ayo called out from above, popping his head out of the entrance of the vent above.
Vincent halted and looked up panting
“Come on, didn’t you see anyone, I already put down Teju, and she is unconscious, we have to go assist Henry” Vincent said
“You know my powers are not meant for fighting, so I will remain here till you guys are done” Henry replied and smiled.
“I know you are not Vincent, witch” Henry said
“And how would you know that?”
“You can copy people and their memories, which were spoken orally right, we made a signal to ourselves before leaving, what was it?” Henry asked and paid attention to Vincent.
Vincent smiled and looked up at Henry, slowly transforming into Victoria.
“You are one pain the throat, even for a powerless type, you prove to be a worthy opponent, get down this instant” She said and pointed at him.
“Not a chance, there is only 3 percent chance of winning you, giving the fight advantage and large space in here, I am taking the risk” Henry replied and pulled his head into the vent and covered it.
“Tch, I hope James defeat Ayo, so we can have a lead of two, since I cant get this one to get down” she said and heard approaching footsteps behind her, turning round, she saw it was Teju getting closer.
“Did you find Henry?” Teju asked and looked up “He is there”
“I know I cant just get him to come out”
“Stand back”
Teju placed her hands on the wall and suddenly the walls began to vibrate vigorously and in the next moment, the vent crashed down hard to the ground, raising thick dust into the air, Teju began to pant heavily, since she had already used a great deal of her power.
“There is the coward” Victoria said pointing to an unconscious Ayo, among the bricks “Good job Princess, now, let’s go support James”
“Condition number three, you can only hit me, if you haven’t felt like laying with a lady in the guild otherwise, you should feel a double impact on your stomach” Vincent said, still maintaining his position, the scale slowly moved down to the left.
“Bingo, you have wished to lay with a lady in the guild”
James suddenly felt a very hard punch on his stomach, which made him vomit blood, and staggered around. He began to pant heavily, looking at Ayo and hoping to smash his scale.
“Condition number four” Ayo said and smiled “This is the final blow, I have had enough fun” he said and smiled wickedly “Bones should break, if you fail to meet my condition” he said and heaved “Have you ever felt like abandoning the guild, if yes fifty bones should break and if no forty nine bones should brea…..”
Before he could finish his statement, a sonic bullet, smashed him on the head, sending him off his feet and crashed him against the top of the entrance behind him, and instantly went unconscious.
“Sonic bullet” Teju said with her hands around her mouth.
“Are you alright” Victoria asked and ran up to James who was already exhausted.
“You arrived in time, after this, do you wish to go for dinner, I have something to tell you” he said with a weak smile.
“I was hoping you wont delay it further” she said and gently laid his head on her laps.
“Thanks Teju, you really had the day” James said and smiled. “And as for this son of a thousand father called Ayo, he has questions to answer”

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Onuorah Nzekwu Is Dead! (‘Eze Goes To School’ Author) / Women Should Be Treated As Those With “Joystick” – Chimamanda Adichie / Finally; Wole Soyinka Confirms He Destroyed His Green Card.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 259
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.