Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,216 members, 7,780,404 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 01:41 PM

Juju Man - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Juju Man (22622 Views)

This Thing Called Juju. / The Document By Asuquo Udo. The Mysterious Ebony Carver. Juju Rock / Introduction To Afro Science Fiction And Juju Fiction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Juju Man by Devilpen(m): 6:08am On Sep 22, 2021
ARC 2
TWO MONTH TRAINING CAMP
Honor watched all members going about and doing their thing in the camp where they would be staying for two. He smirked and squatted on the branch.
“Hey, Honor what are you doing up there?” Nicolas asked after sighting him.
“How did you get to see me, its night already” Honor replied.
“I use animal magic, so why should you be surprise and something tells me you are up to no good”
Honor purred and hissed. He signaled to Nicolas to join him on the tree.
“I want to scare the girls” Honor replied and opened the bag with him “This is for my face paint” he said and brought out small calabash from the bag.
“So you were planning on having this fun alone, let me join in, this seems like the perfect place to use my transformation magic” he said and smiled mischievously.
Remi stood next to Ekun on the shores of the beach, which was distance away from the main camp.
“Is there something about Aanu that you are not telling any one of us?” Remi asked and looked at Ekun who was calm all these while.
“Hmmm” Ekun muttered and looked at Remi.
“When we fought in Sassosori, he took another form completely, an intimidating magic power, one that I have never felt before and a horn came out of his head” Remi said.
“Tch, doesn’t look like this can be kept for long” Ekun said and looked at the moon “His father was the first founder of this guild, Aanu is a…” before he could complete his statement, they both heard a loud scream come from the direction of the camp and ran off.
Teju fell to the ground breathing heavily as the weird creature came at her, the face of a lion, wings of an eagle on its back and body of a snake. The height and its look were all intimidating. Teju stood up and began to run as fast as her legs could carry her.
Losing a foot, she fell hard to the ground and rolled over few times and collapsed, already exhausted. She raised her head to see the creature but was shocked noticing nothing was behind her again.
Remi and Ekun ran up to her and pulled her to her feet.
“What was wrong?” Ekun asked and at the same time scouting the surrounding.
“A weird creature, a face of a lion, wings and snake like body” Teju replied panting hard.
While they were still attending to Teju, another scream was heard.
“Help her to the camp, this place should be the safest place” Ekun said in annoyance and disappeared.
Ore went dumb on seeing the creature that growled at her, and next was a smirk that took over her face. She smashed her hands together and made her kill robots appear before her, and next she raised her hands in the air.
“Thunder catcher” she said and instantly iron rods began to drop from the sky and surrounded the creature that growled and tried to intimidate her.
“Charging bolt, 3 million vo……” before she could complete her statement the creature suddenly disappeared into thine air.
Honor wiped the sweat on his face and let out a sigh of relief. He look at Nicolas who was already flat on the ground panting heavily.
“I told you we shouldn’t go after her or Nubia, those girls are something else, she almost killed us” Nicolas said
“Tch, it is annoying”
“You both care to explain what you have been up to?” a stern cold voice said behind them.
“Maaassstteeeerrrr!” the both chorused and took to their heels.

6 Likes

Re: Juju Man by Devilpen(m): 8:29pm On Sep 24, 2021
Arc 2
Chapter 2
Ekun stared at Aanu for a long while and spanked him on the head. All guild members stood according to their initial group, while Ekun stood in front of them.
“What was that for?” Aanu asked while scratching his head.
“I felt like doing it” Ekun replied and suddenly the atmosphere in the air changed.
Everyone knew it was their master being serious.
“The magic game allows only five fighters from each guilds and I will be announcing the names of those members now” Ekun said while pacing in front of them.
“This decision is final, and I have thought about it critically, and I want you all to cooperate with me and support as guild members, as families” Ekun added and took a deep breath.
“Norris, you are first on the list” Ekun said and took another deep breath “Bibi, you are next, Nubia, Remi and Aanu” he said and signaled them to come out
“And next are three emergency members that fill in the space incase if anything happens to the main fighters” Ekun said and stared at the kids.
“Victoria, Dami and Ayo”
“Ayoooooo?” Imole the Contract Magic user asked awkwardly “He isnt even suit for battle”
“But he is good at battle analysis, the rule of the game states that members who don’t fight has no business interfering, either by analysis from the crowd, such is disregarded and Ayo is the most intelligent person in this guild, so it’s the best option” Ekun replied Imole.
“Tch” Imole muttered and frowned his face.
“You all should stick to the training drill I gave you all, I will personally supervise the training of these eight myself” Ekun said and dispersed them.
“The rest of you, your training begins in earnest” Ekun said and watched the anticipating look they gave him.
“Remi, you have until tomorrow, to displace the cloud above the sky, with a single attack, until you do that, the thick cloud I made from my magic word will remain above the sky” Ekun said and next were thick clouds gathering in the sky.
“Eerrrreerr, how do you expect me to launch an attack from here, the distance alone” Remi shouted at the top of his voice.
“Figure that out yourself” Ekun replied and turned to face Nubia.
“You lack stamina, and I will have you build that up, go up and down the hills until noon tomorrow” Ekun ordered.
“Boss, you joke a lot, that is like a suicide mission” Nubia replied him with a smirk on her face.
“Do you want me to change my mind?” He asked coldly and stared deep at her.
“Huhnn” Nubia replied and walked off to begin in earnest
“Aanu, get into the waters and dry every single bit up with your flames”
“Arrgghgghghgh, that isnt just any water, I don’t know if your eyes can see well, that is an ocean, AN OCEAN, who on earth has the ability to dry an entire ocean?” Aanu shouted at the top of his voice.
“Your father, he would be ashamed of you right now, being the founder of this guild, you who is his son should do better” Ekun replied
“Wait, what? Aanu’s father founded this guild” Remi cut in in surprise as well as the others.
“Tch, you didn’t have to include that part you know” Aanu said and walked towards the ocean.
“Bibi, make it continue to rain at the ocean, your training is attached to Aanu, if he successfully dries up the ocean while your rain continues to pour down then you both move to the next one” Ekun said.
Without uttering a word, Bibi sluggishly tagged behind Aanu.
“Norris, I want you will be sparing with me, Victoria mimic various magic and try to increase your time limit by ten percent, Dami, keep running until your legs wear off and Ayo, I want you to personally supervise everyone’s progress” Ekun concluded and smashed his hands together.
“No one should slack off, I might just take you off the fight and find a replacement”

7 Likes

Re: Juju Man by germaphobe(m): 9:48pm On Sep 24, 2021
WE RIDE
Re: Juju Man by Devilpen(m): 6:16pm On Oct 01, 2021
Arc 2
Chapter 3
Standing at the bottom of the ocean, Aanu summoned out flames from his body and tried expanding it to wider areas in an attempt to dry the ocean.
“How the hell is this even possible?” he thought within himself and swam to the surface.
“Bibi, I am tapping out” Aanu shouted at the top of his voice as he walked out of the water.
“Yeah me too, I am exhausted” Bibi replied and dispersed the thick dark clouds that were hovering above the ocean.
Distance away from the was Remi, who was compressing air in his palms and screaming at the top of his voice as he sent the compressed air into the sky, in an attempt to clear the clouds that were far away.
“I feel for him” that is like a thirty minutes flight from here” Bibi said watching as Remi continued relentless.
“Tch, he doesn’t seem like he is going to stop anytime soon” Aanu muttered and turned back, walking into the ocean.
“I thought you were done for today?”
“Nope, I still have enough energy to go for some few hours, I can’t let the person get better than me” Aanu said with a smug on his face and dived into the ocean.
Aanu made flame boosters on his legs, making him go faster and to the deeper part of the ocean. Keeping up the flames and regenerating it before it goes off, Aanu had a smirk on his face as he began to approach the darker parts of the ocean.
“I am not getting back until I dry this up” he thought within himself “I have a lung capacity of three hours, it should be enough”.
Something suddenly smashed against his body in the deep waters, knocking him off course. Looking around, he noticed he was alone, just then something below him in the waters caught his attention.
It was a dim light. He dived down towards the direction of the dim light and was knocked off balance again.
“I see” he said and moved his hands backwards “Let’s see if you can catch up with my speed”
Aanu shot out blue flames from his hands and legs, giving him a much more boost to move faster. As soon as he approached the dim light, he suddenly lost consciousness.
Aanu slowly opened his eyes and noticed he was on dry land. He looked up at the sky and saw it was plain with no sign of clouds or sun, yet the environment was bright and well illuminated. He rolled over and stood on his feet.
“Humans are not supposed to know about this place” a voice said behind him.
Aanu slowly turned around and saw a creature standing before him. More like human but with attributes of sea creatures.
“What are you supposed to be, a half human or a half see horse?” Aanu asked and moved closer to the creature.
“And you are not supposed to understand what I say” the creature replied him.
“Whatever, what the hell is this place?”
“This is the sea world” the creature replied him.
“How do I get back?”
“Only the King can send you back”
“Good, take me to him” Aanu said and grabbed the creature by the hand.
“That is impossible”
“Why?”
“Because I have been dethroned by my father’s brother who wants the throne to himself”
A loud screech suddenly filled the air, and followed by another, which took a longer time to disperse.
“What is that?”
“Come on, we have to find a place to hid, those are souls of lost demons, hunting preys, they sense us already” the creature replied.
“I see, I feel hungry than usual, are their meat saucy and healthy?”
Aanu slurped as he threw the huge bone with him to the ground and gulped hard, with his stomach filled to the brim, he looked up at the sky which was already getting dark.
“You took out that monster with one blow”
“Huhn, is it odd?” Aanu asked.
“Yes, I mean no one has ever done that, which means you can help me get back my throne and I can send you to your world, the fact that you could come in here means, my uncle has destabilized the gateway” the man like sea creature said to him with excitement.
“Rest, I still have lot of this meat to deal with overnight, I just ate only the arm and I am filled already, my family should have a taste of this delicacy” Aanu said and yawned.
“You don’t understand, you cant stay here for long, a day here is a month on your world” the boy said calmly and raised his head to look at Aanu and saw he was already fast asleep.
“I hope you don’t have anything important to do where you come from”

4 Likes

Re: Juju Man by Devilpen(m): 9:47pm On Oct 03, 2021
Arc 2
Chapter 4
Aanu stretched his body and let out a loud yawn, slowly opening his eyes to look around at his environment and stood up to his feet.
“Took you a while to get up”
“What is your name? so I can address you properly” Aanu asked.
“King” the creature replied and smiled.
“So where is our next stop, I have training to return back to” Aanu said and flexed his arms.
“About that, you’ve used almost a month here, in the next three hours it should be a month, time runs differently down here” King said and sniffed.
“EEERRRRERERERERERE!!!” Aanu screamed at the top of his voice “You didn’t tell me that, why, I have a tournament to be in” Aanu added, his neck veins all popped out.
“I cant waste any more time, how do I get back?”
Arriving back at the guild, Ekun squinted his eyes as he watched everyone move about and getting prepared for the first round the following day.
“Boss, we haven’t heard from Aanu, last he was seen was going into the ocean and didn’t return, its been a month now” Remi said calmly “I should go back and look for him”
“You need to have faith in him, a son of a third generation dragon can’t be defeated lightly, we will carry on, no one is taking his spot” Ekun replied and stared at Remi “Nubia should be the one who is worried” Ekun said and stood to his feet.
“Calm down, he is alright, have faith in your family”
King led the way into the main city, Aanu tagging behind. The city, filled with various creatures with the standing structure of a human. Aanu paid less attention to them, barely noticing the way they stared at him and the outcast that returned to the village in broad day light.
“Show me this King, I have to break his head and return back to where I have to be, and if I find out I am being played by you, I will have your head” Aanu muttered and bit his lower lips.
“I wouldn’t bet on doing something as stupid as playing you” King replied.
Heavy running of foot soldiers, suddenly came from every angle, completely surrounding both King and Aanu while the onlookers had to find a place for safety.
“I have brought my champion to challenge my uncle and reclaim back what is rightfully mine” King shouted at the top of his voice.
“Hey, are you using me to bet?” Aanu asked “What do I get in return?”
“Anything, just play along, this is a straight out challenge no one can ever refuse” King replied
“So do you have a sister? I want to see what happens when a human shsushsshhuusus one of your species” Aanu said with a silly look on his face.
King turned around, brimming with anger, he grabbed Aanu by the neck and growled at him
“Say that again”
“You wish to defile me” a loud voice came before them.
Turning to look at who spoke, King saw the uncle he detest so much, riding in his dragon chariot.
“I have defiled you, you cant decline my challenge”
“Make una talk fast, I have less than an hour” Aanu said and took a deep breath.
“Challenge accepted” King’s uncle said
“Good” Aanu replied and suddenly went up in flames
“Arrghgh, so its you, thanks to you I know have powers that are beyond imagination” the King replied and went up to in flames, which got everyone by surprise.
“I noticed the change in structure of out gate and discovered the enormous leak of magic coming from who was giving if off in the ocean and I couldn’t resist getting those leaks and making them mine” the King said and smiled with wicked intent.
“So you think a leak can be compared to the original?” Aanu asked and cracked his neck bones.
“There is only one way to find out”
Aanu slammed his hands together and stretched his left leg backward, compressing flames under his feet.
“Juju Fire” he muttered and suddenly burst forward.
Moving faster than his flames could keep up with, in less than a second Aanu was already before King, faster than the human eyes could follow. No one saw him move, since the flames that engulfed his body was left behind.
A loud smash came at the face of the King, sending him off his dragon chariot, and deep into the ground. Before everyone could get a grasp of what was happening, Aanu was already back at his previous spot, no one saw him leave or come back.
All they saw was the King was rammed into the ground unconscious.
“I have no time to waste the magic competition has already started” Aanu said and turned to face King “Did I do a fine job?”
“Astonishing, before I send you back, there is something I must give you” King said and led the way into the palace.

6 Likes

Re: Juju Man by Ofez: 6:51am On Oct 04, 2021
Getting interesting post by post, pls feed us more...

1 Like

Re: Juju Man by lahrra(f): 8:03am On Oct 04, 2021
Pls we want more.
Weldone op, very interesting and you are doing a good job.

1 Like

Re: Juju Man by Devilpen(m): 9:15pm On Oct 06, 2021
#Jujumanseries

Two updates were supposed to be posted today, but it happened the gadget got faulty.

But lemme give you spoilers.
Nubia won all first round against nine members from Thunder Guild and King's Guild.
Aanu got a secondary Magic power.
A member of the JujuMan Guild died.

I know right, you're hyped already. I also can't wait to show you a masterpiece.

I need a favor. Please kindly review JujuMan so far, give your thought and on a rating for 1 to 10, how will you rate it.

I need your honest rating so I can use them to source for writing jobs.
Thank you

3 Likes

Re: Juju Man by Colynx(m): 9:21pm On Oct 06, 2021
Devilpen:
#Jujumanseries

My rating 8/10

1 Like

Re: Juju Man by AceRoyal: 9:40pm On Oct 06, 2021
Devilpen:
#Jujumanseries

Two updates were supposed to be posted today, but it happened the gadget got faulty.

Nubia won all first round against nine members from Thunder Guild and King's Guild.

I know right, you're hyped already. I also can't wait to show you a masterpiece.

I need a favor. Please kindly review JujuMan so far, give your thought and on a rating for 1 to 10, how will you rate it.

Thank you

9/10

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Juju Man by ashatoda: 6:46am On Oct 07, 2021
8/10

1 Like

Re: Juju Man by Elcapitan0: 7:30am On Oct 07, 2021
Devilpen:
#Jujumanseries

Thank you
I give 9.5. Kudos to you brother.

1 Like

Re: Juju Man by OloriSheedah: 8:08am On Oct 07, 2021
Devilpen:
#Jujumanseries

Thank you
9.9/10

1 Like

Re: Juju Man by Devilpen(m): 10:22am On Oct 07, 2021
Arc 2
Chapter 5
The entire Jujuman Guild members walked into the tournament ground to present themselves, which followed by loud cheers of approval, placard risen up from different part of the audience stand to encourage them.
The noise slowly died down.
“We shall now here from the Guild Master” the anchor announced.
Ekun squinted his eyes and looked around, and raised his head to look at the mass number of supporters that were seated.
“We promise to shove all of your heads into you ****” Ekun shouted at the top of his voice.
“EWWWWWW!!!” the whole spectators replied disgusted by his words.
“Boss, is that something you should be saying?” Ire asked.
“You are a new member of our family, you should watch, this is our way of motivation” Ekun replied and scoffed.
“And we promise to kick the arse of all fighters, including the ones hiding in the shadows” Trigger shouted at the top of his voice and sent halogen missiles into the air.
The crowd let out a loud cheer, and wild rage of supportive chants.
Ekun turned around and looked at the spot where the members of the Magic Alter were seated and stared deep into the eyes of the eldest man among them.
“I know about it” he said, making certain his lips could be read from the distance.
The man frowned at Ekun and stared back at him.
Aanu got to the shores of the ocean and sighed out in relief. He looked around and confirmed he had been gone for long. He dipped his right hand into the pocket of his short and brought out a shiny green pebble and swallowed it.
“Looks hard, but it dissolves immediately” he muttered and let out a sneeze. “Kicking in already, is this what a secondary power means, I can feel more power surging in me, more like my magic container got enlarged” he said with a bright smile and shot out flames from his hands.
Compressing enough beneath his legs, he suddenly burst into the sky.
The mapping for the Magic Tournament was displayed in mid air, and five magic screens displayed in the air, which was controlled by a broadcast magic user to display every activity going on in the various fight scenes.
THE TOURNAMENT MAPPING
Goddess Guild vs Red Riot vs Dark Hunter Guild
Seven Chariot Guild vs Heaven Chaser Guild vs Action Dogs
Juju Man Guild vs Thunder Guild vs King Guild
A game that consist of three rounds, where fighters can be substituted in each round. This was the decision for the opening game, what comes next was known only by the organizers of the tournament.
“Nubia!” Ekun called out with a cold voice.
“Boss” Nubia replied
“You are taking the entire fight for the opening game, all three sets” Ekun said and paused for a while before continuing “Every team will be fighting simultaneously and we definitely don’t want to sell ourselves out, so it’s best one person goes out, while the other analyze the match from here and since we don’t know what the other round will look like, I don’t want us putting all our eggs in one basket” Ekun said looked at her and then at the other members.
“Do you understand?” Ekun asked.
“Yes boss, but oga, isnt our egg supposed to be made of iron, like I mean iron egg, we fit put them for one basket and put stone on top” Dami said with a silly look on his face.
“So tell me Dami, how do you like your death?” Ekun asked with pure aura of evil flowing around him.
“All fighters for the opening match should get ready, the tags will be displayed soon, get readyyyy!!!!”
The arena where the fight would be taking place suddenly began to shake vigorously and slowly a complete city began to emerge from the ground.
“Who has such magic power to summon out a complete city from the ground?”Ekun thought within himself, confirming his suspicion.
The city fully emerged from the ground, laying in its glory.
“This city summoned out will be your sparing ground, find your opponent and take them out, you will be going through the same entrance, but you will end up in a different location, automatically with your opponents, but in different areas of the location, find your opponent and overpower them, all methods are allowed, no rules to the game” the voice of the announcer came from nowhere in particular.
“The grading points are simple, when you encounter an enemy, you have one minute to take yourselves out, a complete take down gives you 5 points, person with the most hit gets 3 points, in which you automatically move to the next round. If you are willing to go on without changing fighters after the first round, you are permitted to”
“Method of changing fighters are simple, you just imaging swapping with a member after a round and it happens, its as simple as that. AND LET THE GAME BEGIN, all fighters should step forward towards the entrance”
All three representatives from each guild began to walk towards the entrance of the city and as soon as they stepped in, the disappeared.
“Wait WHHHAATTTT!!!” the commentator shouted at the top of his voice.
“The Juju Man Guild is sending just on fighter into the arena, it’s the confidence for me ooooo” he shouted again and everyone watched as Nubia spread out her wings and walked into the city. A fight of one against six.

3 Likes

Re: Juju Man by Devilpen(m): 10:24am On Oct 07, 2021
Arc 2
Chapter Six
The broadcast screen above the city did a full coverage of every match and team members in the city, some already encountering themselves.
“Will she be okay?” Remi who was standing next to Ekun asked with heavy breathing.
“I pray she wont be okay” Ekun replied and sniffed.
“Huhn, that’s odd”
“You will understand the reason I said that when the time comes” Ekun replied “For now, focus on the task at hand, watch every fight closely and analyze” Ekun said and turned to look at Ayo.
“Do a detailed analysis of every fight, get every data you can and accumulate them” Ekun said.
“On it already” Ayo replied with a smile on his face.
Nubia peeped out from the alley she hid herself into the open space, in a bid to make sure nothing caught her unaware or a surprise attack should come at her. She stepped out of hiding, as soon as she took a step forward she heard a loud crash come from behind her and quickly turned around to see what cause it, noticing it was fight, she quickly found a spot to hid herself.
A member of the King’s Guild going up against a member from Thunder Guild. This was a fight between two monsters, a guild known for having the strongest members and a guild known for going out in their full power when fighting.
“I don’t have an option, I cant go in between them, I will wait for them to brawl out and fight with who wins” she said and watched them closely.
The member from the King’s Guild grabbed his opponent by the face and smashed him into the ground, gathering all five points to himself for his first round.
Nubia came out of hiding and spread out her wings and then went up in flames.
“Argh, seems lady luck smiles on me today” her opponent said and stick out his tongue.
He suddenly appeared before Nubia and landed the first attack, smashing his hand right at her face. The wind pressure his attack gathered, spread out immediately his attack landed on her face, raising thick dust into the air which completely covered the whole environment.
As the dust died down, what was seen next took everyone by surprise. Nubia was standing and her opponent was knocked out to the ground.
“Argghhh, that blow hits differently, dude didn’t hold back at all” she said as she pulled her hard scales back in.
“I see what she did, she concentrated all her had scales on the part that was receiving the attack” Remi said and smiled brightly “Didn’t expect anything less”
Loud cheers followed next, with the chant of Juju Man on everyone’s lips.
“We are still behind, Heaven Chasers are leading with 25 points, followed closely by Dark Hunter, Seven Chariots and we are seventh on the board” Ekun said and sighed “Well, it is going according to plan”
Nubia moved to the second round of her fight, she still had enough juice in her to last. This time her plans had changed, she was going head on. Looking for opponents and plan on taking them down as soon as possible.
She made her way to the entrance of the city, hoping the immediately make contact with the new fighters that would be coming in replacement of the ones that were down. She spread out her wings and took to flight.
As expected her plans worked out, she stretched out her wings, and took a deep breath and suddenly with one huge flap of the wings, she burst through the clouds, diving down towards the entrance and going straight for the unsuspecting opponent that was just coming into the arena.
She let out a loud scream as she got closer, made a fist of fire and before her opponent could make sense of what was happening, she rammed her fist into his face.
The power of the punch she sent instantly broke the jaw of her opponent, the force it generated pulled him back towards the entrance and instantly sent him unconscious.
The whole audience took a deep breath and a gasp that lasted for about six seconds.
Edun Ara the Master of Thunder Guild stood to his feet from his stand and looked towards the Juju Man Guild stand. Anger written all over his face.
“Huhnn, boss, someone is saying hi to you from the other end” Remi said “You should wave back at him”
“Smooth move, we should break more jaws” Ekun shouted at the top of his voice. “Plus this is taking a very interesting turn”
“THHAAT WAS MASSIVE” the commentator shouted at the top of his voice, which followed by loud cheer from the spectators “The Jujuman showing us what they are made of, is this a comeback, is this what they are truly made of? After all these years of dejection, are we ready to see the new Juju Guild?” the commentator said shouting at the top of his voice.
“And now she is waiting for them all at the entrance and taking them out, I didn’t see that coming, all methods of winning are welcome, I said earlier, THERE ARE NO RULES”

4 Likes

Re: Juju Man by Lakesc: 11:48am On Oct 07, 2021
Thanks for the update... I'm rating u 9.5/10
Re: Juju Man by OloriSheedah: 7:12am On Oct 10, 2021
I don't want Nubia to die oh cry cry
Re: Juju Man by Devilpen(m): 9:50am On Oct 11, 2021
Arc 2
Chapter Seven
Nubia nuked the last of her opponent down, by grabbing him by the nevk as soon as he stepped into the city and smashed her flaming fist into his stomach which sent him into the sky.
The whole arena went up in wild cheer as soon as the fight was over. The score board displayed in mid air, showing the ranking of various guilds, and JujuMan was third on the list.
Ekun raised his hand up to signal to the members to be quiet.
"It is too early to celebrate, there is no honor in most of the guilds and they will do anything to sabotage the game to their favour" Ekun said and paused, seeing he had their attention he continued "We can't let that happen, even though I don't know how to stop it either" he said and sighed.
"The next game, we don't know what it is, but we were told to bring in fighters first into the arena then it would be announced" Ayo said and sighed.
"Part of the sabotage we are talking about, we have to be vigilant and our eyes over head" Ekun said.
"Boss we are not crabs" Norris said and tried suppressing his laughter.
"Werey, laugh if you wan laugh" Bibi said and smashed him on the back, making Norris burst into laughter.
"Remi, you're going in next" Ekun said and walked out of the room.
The whole arena went up in loud cheer as the fighters from each guild began to step out into the open space. This time the city was gone, the arena was wider.
"Are youuuuuuu ready??" The commentator shouted and suddenly appeared before the fighters.
He grinned widely and snapped his fingers and suddenly huge stone pillars began to sprout out from the ground and continued to advance into the sky that the tip became invisible.
"That is your next game, there are exactly nine flags at the top, you have to leap from one pillar to another and gather the flags, and return through the supressing air at the top" the commentator said and grinned "You can also attack your opponent and get their flags, if you fall off you die".
"This is terrible" Ekun muttered with sweat all over his face.
"Boss this is terrible, we've successful secured a spot at the bottom" Bibi said shivering
"Why are all of you scared?" Ire asked confused.
"Remi has phobia for hieght" Ekun said with shaky voice.
Remi gulped hard and watched as all competitors smashed their palms together and were blown up by the elevating air and watched as they disappeared into the sky.
The crowd began to cheer louder, confused about why Remi the strongest guild members of JujuMan and arguably one of the strongest in ranking from various guilds.
"What is he doing? "
"You should be up there"
"Does he have a plan?"
Remind gulped as he slowly smashed his hands together. Suddenly a strong wind sent him up into the sky.
"Arrgghhhhhhhhh" Remi screamed out and lost conciousness while still in mid air.
He opened his eyes and saw he was still flying in mid air and fainted again.
Remi slowly opened his eyes, at first everything was blurry, he heard faint voices that slolwy began to get clearer. It was then he noticed what had happened to him.
He opened his eyes and saw the guild members gathered around him, while he was laid on a bed, a warm bowl of water next to him.
"He is awake"
"He shouldn't be, until we are back on the lead, we are back to square one because of him not getting over his phobia" Sade shouted at the top of her voice
"You should have just brainwashed him and controlled him" Justice added.
"That's cheating" Ekun replied "There is still hope, we have to get ready for the next fight"
"We don't know what it is, do we?" Sade asked.
"Whatever it is, we need a fighter" Ekun said.
"Then I should go next" Norris suggested and made a fist.
"No, not you, I need you to retain your strength for tomorrow"
"If Norris can't go, then I can't, Dami can opt in, we could rely on his speed"
"No" Ekun replied and close his eyes "Aanu is going in next"
An expression of shock ran through all of the guild members.
"We don't even know his whereabout and you have all hopes on him" Norris barked out.
"You should always trust your family" Ekun said
"listen carefully, the next fighters are already told to start making appearance" Norris replied him and gritted his teeth.
Members representing their guilds for the next round began to troop out one after the other, leaving out only the JujuMan representative.
"JujuMan where is your representative ?" The commentator shouted from where he stood.
"You can carry on, he will join you, he is still sleeping" Ekun replied and sighed.
"Thirty seconds, if he isn't here you automatically lose points ".
Ekun gritted his teeth and sniffed.
"What if he doesn't show up?" Dami asked calmly.

6 Likes

Re: Juju Man by lahrra(f): 2:01pm On Oct 11, 2021
Nice update
But it is too short.
Pls give us lengthy update.
Weldone op

2 Likes

Re: Juju Man by Oluwatimi2000(m): 2:38pm On Oct 11, 2021
Been waiting all week for this update

3 Likes

Re: Juju Man by collinometricx: 4:47pm On Oct 11, 2021
I. Appreciate man, but we have been waiting days for this short episode?

No disrespect, but make it longer please.

3 Likes

Re: Juju Man by Devilpen(m): 7:54pm On Oct 11, 2021
Arc 2
Chapter 8
All nine fighters stood facing a green glowing door that served as a portal to the world of demons, only accessible by those who had the demon magic in them.
"That's the second portal to the demon world, I heard it's only accessible by those with infinite demon magic" Tolu said and took a deep breathe.
"What do they plan on doing by summoning demons?" Ekun asked and made a frown on his face.
"I don't know the full details, but door two demons are evil, and they increase in strength based on the number of damage taken, Remi can only stand a chance against a Class W demon and lower down to Class Z" Tolu said and focused back on the game.
A loud drum of suspense suddenly filled the air, coming from nowhere in particular.
"Dear FIGHTERRRSSS!!" The commentator shouted and formed out of dust before the fighters.
"This is a second portal to the demon world, there are exactly 26 ranks of demons in this gate, and I think the strongest of you should be able to defeat Class V and lower, well hopefully" he said and made a long pause.
"The rule of the game is simple, very simple, Class A to K demons carries 10 points, Class L to U demons carries 5 points while class V to Z carries 3 points" he said and paused again, looked at them all and continued
"I don't expect anyone of you to defeat a class A to k or L to U demon, there are 30 Class V to Z demons which should he enough for you, and before I forget, the longer you go brawling with this demons the stronger they become and slowly they begin to gain rank...."
"Someone is trying to use this tournament to strengthen his demons" Tolu said and made a fist out of anger.
"Like I said, this tournament is likely to he sabotaged, nothing should surprise you" Ekun replied.
"I can feel his presence" Nubia thought within herself and and let out a bright smile only Ekun noticed.
"Nubia" Ekun called out to her with a questioning look on his face.
She looked at him and smiled, confirming his thoughts.
"Good" he said and walked out on them.
"Once I leave here, demons will begin to emerge from the doors.in their numbers, take out as much as you can, don't engage anyone if you can defeat them, although you won't be able to differentiate between a Class A demon and a Class Z, so good luck" the commentator said and disappeared into mid air.
"I Alu Thunder will bring as many as I can down" a member of the Thunder Guild shouted and brought out lightning from his mouth.
"Na pride go kill this one" a lady from the Goddess guild said and sighed.
A timer appeared in mid air, signifying they had an hour to round up the fight against the demons and next to the countdown was the ranking of all guilds and their points.
Aanu wiped sweat of his face, running as fast as his legs could carry him, as he got closer he heard the loud cheer that was coming from the arena, and just then something caught his attention.
He halted and took a turn to the left, entering into the alley. Taking cautious steps and going after his trail.
"They are taking advantage of the quietness to do what?" He thought within himself as he watched masked men moving boxes from a house to another building.
"Let's burst them"
He suddenly lost conciousness as something hard smashed against his head.
"You shouldn't have snuck up what didn't concerns you" the husky voice came at him.
Aanu slowly opened his eyes and noticed he was tightly strapped to the chair he was sitting on. He let out a soft groan and sneezed.
"You should have killed me when you had the chance " he said out to the person that walked into the room to check on him.
"Kill a member of the JujuMan Guild, sorry we can't take such risk, you're valuable when alive than dead, with you we can get a free pass when our operations are complete " the man said and smiled.
Thirty minutes gone already at the arena. The demons had already troooped out in their large numbers, and the fighters could barely continue. Almost all of them exhausted and almost out of breathe.
"We still haven't seen a representative from the JujuMan Guild" someone from the crowd said
"That guild are filled with cowards" another replied.
"There is barely twenty minutes left ".
A huge ball of flames suddenly covered the whole arena from above and with great speed it came down, on contact with the ground, it sent out shockwave that pulled everyone off their feet and sent all demons off balance.
The fire slowly died down revealing Aanu.
Loud cheers came from the every corner of the arena, a louder one from the JujuMan stand.
"Let's start this party here to, I hope master isn't breaking more than enough bone than he should" Aanu muttered and grinned wickedly.
"I don't want to know the rules of the game, if you're not strong, return back to that demon portal!!" Aanu shouted at the top of his voice.
A demon growled at him and instant began to charge at him, spreading out all six of it it arms, it grabbed Aanu with great speed and threw him off like he was made of paper.
"Stupidity is a common commodity in the JujuMan" a kid from the crowd said and slammed his left palm on his face .
"Flame" Ekun said and made his arms go up in flames using his word magic.
He went of rampage against his opponents, smashing them without restraining.
"You kidnapped a member of my guild !!" He shouted and grabbed someone by the neck and threw him like a sling shot.
"You run illegal business of selling fire arms!!" He shouted and rammed his feet against the stomach of another.
"Metal" he muttered and made his body become metal, which bouced off the bullets that was shot at him.
"I'll take out my anger, the one I'm supposed to take out on Remi, I'll take it out on you all!!" He shouted at the top of his voice
"Water" he muttered and suddenly the whole area was flooded, except where he stood.
"200 bolts of lightning" he muttered and let out a wicked grin .
Aanu stood up to his feet and strecthed out his body.
"Werey, we have less than 15 minutes and we are ranking bottom on the table" Remi shout out at him from where he stood
"How is that my problem, I heard you died on duty " Aanu shouted in reply.
"Flame of God" Aanu said and suddenly went up in flames.
The flames was so strong that everyone in the arena could feel the heat on their skin, and instantly it melted off the demon that was in front of him.
"What tremendous power, he instantly took out a Class O demon, things are definitely going to get interesting from here" The commentator shouted at the top.of his voice.
"The JujuMan is full of monsters" a representative from Red Riot said in awe, as he witnessed the tremendous power that Aanu gave off.
"Arrgghhhhhhhhh" Aanu screamed out loudly, generating more power.
The ground beneath him cracked, and slowly began to melt. Like lightning he took off. Getting closer to the first demon, he smashed his fist right into it's head, before his hands could reach for it's head, it completely melt off.
He growled and took off for the next one, making cracks on the ground for each step he took and melting them off seconds after taking the next step.
"He is going to kill of all my second gate monsters, call off the tournament" someone shouted from the officiating stand, where the members of the Magic Alter sat.
"We can't do that, he has to defeat as much as he can" the elderly man among them replied.
"He is killing them, he was supposed to just make them immobile, not kill them, no one told me a monster was being breed in JujuMan " the demon magic user shouted.
"I'm sorry Bash, there are no rules to the game".
Aanu leaped into the air and smashed his fist into the ground, raising huge stone into the air.
"Seeking bullet" he muttered, while his eyes was bringing out fire in form of liquid and dripping to the ground.
From all his finger tips came flames shaped like bullet, shooting out with great force.
"Bam, bam, bam, bam bam bam am" Aanu mimicked as the bullet came out and taking out demons with at least two shots.
Soon all demons were dead. He let out a loud laughter and stared at the portal that led to the demon world and began to approach it.
"No no no don't tell me it is what I'm thinking" Bash said with tears running down his face "It takes ten minutes to close this gate, he is going to kill all my demons, he took out 40 Class A demons with just one shot, someone should please call him off"
Aanu shot out blue flames underneath his legs, making him gain more speed as he approached the portal.
As he got closer to the gate, and was about going in, he suddenly fell to the ground and began to snore.
"Go carry him body off the arena, before he wakes up, my magic can't keep him seelping for long" Ekun said while sweat broke out from his face.
"He is almost on arcane level of power, no, he is already at my level of strength " Ekun thought within himself.
The whole arena went wild with cheer as Remi dragged Aanu out of the arena by the leg, pulling him body on the ground.
"And the JujuMan is a hundred and five points away from Red Riot who is taking the second spot, with this development the continuation of this game has been moved to tomorrow, we have to rethink and restructure the game. Thank you, let's meet tomorrow morning for the continuation " the commentator announced and made firework rock the sky.

8 Likes

Re: Juju Man by Colynx(m): 10:23pm On Oct 11, 2021
Wetin you give am chop under water? cheesy You have to explain how aanu became a monster
Re: Juju Man by germaphobe(m): 10:34pm On Oct 11, 2021
Colynx:
Wetin you give am chop under water? cheesy You have to explain how aanu became a monster
. i swear devilpen have an explaination to give. thanks for the back be back update.
Re: Juju Man by Oluwatimi2000(m): 11:50pm On Oct 11, 2021
Finally nice one kudos to you devilpen
I hope we don’t get to wait long for another masterclass
Re: Juju Man by preshman22: 12:11pm On Oct 12, 2021
Devilpen
You don turn Aanu to Goku kiss kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: Juju Man by Devilpen(m): 3:37pm On Oct 12, 2021
Arc 2
Chapter 9
Ekun gritted his teeth, fuming with anger at the sight before him and his guild members.
"Who did this?" Remind asked in anger, looking at the their once beloved guild building in ruins.
The building was completely razed to the ground, a former shawdow of itself. Everything burnt to ash.
Ekun tightened his fist trying to calm his growing anger
"She was the only one we left behind" Ekun said with tears in his eyes.
Bibi and Imole carried Wura's burnt body, which was hardly recognized to be her.
"Whose blood is calm about this?" Aanu asked and stood to his feet.
The whole member broke down in tears, their spirit filled with rage and anger. That moment everyone's power went off chart.
"Crying won't solve anything" Vincent said and sniffed "We need to search for clue, and know who did this " he added, while fighting the tears that dropped down his cheeks.
"I know who did it " Ayo replied "I ran analysis and found who did it" he said and paused
"Who?" Ekun asked with a shaky and deadly tone.
"The Red Riot".
Aanu suddenly went up in flames, and began to compress blue flames beneath his leg.
"Stay down, we will deal with this the right way " Ekun said.
"Errr. What other way is right, the youngest among us was killed, burnt alive, what other way is right than paying them a friendly visit!" Aanu shouted at the top of his voice, with his anger fueling the intensity of his flame.
"It's a direct order, staaaannd down"
The door to the main building of the Magic Alter Court crashed down revealing Ekun, Remi, Norris and Nicolas.
Aanu screamed out trying to break himself free from the infinity bond Ekun had cast on him before leaving for the Magic Alter.
"Nubia let me out of here, they need to pay for what they did, they all need to diiiieeeee" he screamed out and went up in flames, which melted the chain that was holding him down and before he could stand to his feet, more chains formed around him.
"Your harsh decision will make things only worse" Nubia replied him and looked around from one person to another everyone lost in thought.
"Why are you all acting like this isn't making you angry!!" He shouted and suddenly went boom.
"Flame of God!!" He shouted and melted the chains off like wax, and every other ones that began to form also melts off.
"No one should stop me" he said and suddenly shot into the sky.
"How did he get such power in two month?" Dara asked from where she sat
"It's something he calls the secondary power" Nubia replied "Everyone has one"
Red Riot Guild.
The door to the Red Riot Guild slowly came open, and Aanu walked in with his head low, he let out soft growl and made his fist went up in flames.
"You are celebrating, what are you celebrating ? Did you win the guild contest? No, did you accomplish any mission? No. Which leads me to my next question" He said and spat out lava to the ground.
The whole attention of the guild members were focused on him while he spoke.
"Who attacked our guild?" He asked and raised his head.
The look on his face was different. Aanu's face was already covered in scales, his iris took a different shape, like that of a serpent. Meanwhile where he stood was already melting off.
"We did, that is payback for making our master scold us, and making us feel like we are useless" a guild member replied and powered up.
"Where is your master? I have to teach him a lesson for raising losers" Aanu said and took a step forward, while maintaining his evil grin.
"We are enough to deal with you, master is not here to stop us"
"You killed a member of my family" Aanu said and stretched his right hand forward "who do I kill first?" He asked with a wicked grin and suddenly he disappeared.
Aanu's father suddenly got to his feet from the bed he laid on and began to pant heavily.
"He has awakened his Dragon Influence, at this rate, he is no longer himself." He said and rushed out.
"I pray I make it in time to calm him, or else he'll turn evil and no one can stop him" Aanu's father said while panting and shot out flames from his legs which sent him flying into the sky.

4 Likes

Re: Juju Man by Ofez: 5:49pm On Oct 12, 2021
I swear devilpen is the boss, every post was a hit front to front...
Re: Juju Man by Aragthorn: 6:30pm On Oct 12, 2021
Devilpen, this suspense is hitting me differently.. You don finish dey book so I can buy it and read..
Re: Juju Man by germaphobe(m): 8:30pm On Oct 12, 2021
Aragthorn:
Devilpen, this suspense is hitting me differently.. You don finish dey book so I can buy it and read..
. SWEARS
Re: Juju Man by Devilpen(m): 8:35pm On Oct 12, 2021
Arc2
Chapter 10
The Magic Alter immediately gathered all members, everyone took their rightful position at the alter, while Ekun, and Ini the guild master for Red Riot stood before the alter.
"Ekun has brought a complain and we have confirmed it to be true, a member of the Red Riot raided the hideout of the JujuMan and burnt it down completely, killing the youngest of the guild member" the elderly member of the alter said.
"She was just seven" Ekun said, the pain he felt followed with his expression.
"I haven't heard of this"
A loud boom suddenly diverted their attention, it loud boom came again and quickly they all rushed outside to see what was happening.
"That is the direction of the Red Riot, what is happening " a member of the Magic Alter asked.
Without uttering a word, Ekun knew what was going and quickly took to his heels, running towards the direction the boom was coming from, and behind him was Ini and all members of the Magic Alter following behind him.
They all halted as an inferno shot up into the sky.
"This magic, is registered with a member of your guild" the lady in the group said and instantly they all continued, running as fast as their legs could carry them.
Getting to the Red Riot Guild hall, what they met was ash, the guild was completely razed down, no single brick was left, nothing solid could be seen.
On the ground was all the guild members laying unconscious and Aanu standing right at the center with a devilish countenance on him.
He already had horns on his head which were up in flames, his eyes dripped out molten lava, with his iris already the shape of a serpent, his body was completely covered in scales.
"What has he done?" In asked in awe "What kind of monster do you breed?"
"Certainly not cheap losers like you, at least he kept them alive " Ekun replied.
Aanu raised his head up and let out a wide grin and stretched his hand towards Ini.
"Are you the master, I have come for your life" Aanu said and chuckled
"He is not himself anymore, if I'm right that is a dragon influence on him, we have to bring him down" a member of the Magic Alter said and slammed his hands together.
Ekun took few steps backwards, he couldn't bring himself to going up against his child as he is found of calling them.
"We don't expect you to fight him, you have enough to deal with"
All five member of the Magic Alter all dashed at Aanu, each powering up their magic as they got closer.
"Light magic, paralysing arrow" a member shouted and immediately a bow formed around his hand and instantly he pulled the string and released which followed next by multiple arrows all going for Aanu.
"Flaming shield" Aanu said lowly and instantly a huge wall of flame formed before him, and devoured the magic arrows that came at him.
"Urgh, he undid my magic"
Aanu smashed his palms together "Seeking bullet ultimate"
The bullets shot out from his finger tips, two assigned to each members.
The elderly man waved his staff in the air and smashed it on the ground making a thick ball of shield over himself, confident that it should counter the seeking bullet.
The first bullet easily peirced through the shield and went boom. The shock wave smashed the elderly man against his own shield and before he could undo his shield, the second bullet peirced through his left shoulder.
"Arrgghhhhhhhhh".
The other members ran as fast as their legs could carry them, moving round in circles, while the bullet continued to go after them.
"It won't stop until it hits you" Aanu muttered and took a step forward, swinging his hands loosely like he was under a mind control.
"Let's teach that master a lesson" he muttered and growled.
He looked at Ini who was trying to gather courage and man up. Aanu smiled and made the flames on his hands get intense.
"How shall you redeem your soul?" Aanu asked and shot out a ball of flame from his hand at a magic alter member who was still running about away from the seeking bullet. The ball of flame hit him hard and sent him crashing hard to the ground while the seeking bullet pierced him on the leg and the second one went through same peircing.
"Arrgghhhhhhhhh " the member screamed out in pain.
Ini gulped and smashed his hands together.
"I am a bad match against him, my wind magic will only make things worst" he said and began to sweat from the heat the flames around Aanu gave off.
Aanu screamed at the top of his voice and dashed at Ini, he strecthed his hands backward and made explosive flames from them, which sent him high into the sky.
"Dieeeeee" Aanu shouted while in mid air and strecthed his hands towards Ini, increasing the flames on his palm.
From the right and ball of flame suddenly smashed Aanu on the face, sent him off balance and crashed him hard into the ground.
"I am almost late, Ekun I need you help, bind him" Aanu's father shouted in mid air.
"You" Ekun muttered as he watched Aanu's father come to a running landing next to Aanu.
"I will suck up his dragon Influence flame, it's the only way to stop this, and it's temporary, his dragon influence will always come out when he is too emotional, but after this he won't remember anything, you have to protect him for me" Aanu's father said and knelt down beside Aanu who was already bind to the ground by Ekun's word magic.
"Will you be alright?" Ekun asked.
"Haven't I lived long enough?" Aanu's father asked and smiled.
He stood over Aanu and placed his left palm on Aanu's chest while the right one was on his forehead, he stared deep into Aanu's eyes and opened his mouth.
The flames in Aanu instantly began to go into his father mouth.
"So much hatred in him" Aanu's father thought within himself while he continued to suck up Aanu's flame.
It went on for five more minutes, already Aanu's father was already reaching his limit but this was something he had to do no matter what, the cost now is worth it.
His body began to break apart, and rays of light began to spread out from within him.
"You have to stop, you're going to explode if you take more his flames" Ekun shouted at the top of his voice.
Ignoring his words, Aanu's father continued sucking up the flames until the last bit. He suddenly spread out wings from his back and flew into the sky.
As soon as he got above the clouds he exploded.
"No.. no..noo...nooo!!!" Ekun cried out, the lost was too much for one day.
He collapsed to the ground next to Aanu who was already unconscious.
"I'm sorry about your lose" Ini said in a remorse tone.
"Vanish" Ekun said and instantly Ini disappeared into thine air.
Ekun stood up and carried Aanu on his hands and opened a portal right in front of himself and walked in.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Onuorah Nzekwu Is Dead! (‘Eze Goes To School’ Author) / Women Should Be Treated As Those With “Joystick” – Chimamanda Adichie / Finally; Wole Soyinka Confirms He Destroyed His Green Card.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 175
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.