Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,129 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:33 AM

Awujale Of Ijebuland Is Not Dead, Says Palace, - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Awujale Of Ijebuland Is Not Dead, Says Palace, (17194 Views)

Awujale Showers Praise On Globacom For Ojude Oba Festival / Olu Of Warri Not Dead, Only Indisposed - Palace / Where Is Awujale Of Ijebu Land The Paramount Ruler Of Ijebu Land? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Awujale Of Ijebuland Is Not Dead, Says Palace, by nairavsdollars(f): 6:45am On Jul 16, 2021
The palace of Awujale of Ijebuland, Oba Sikiru Adetona, has debunked rumours of his death.

The first class monarch had been reported dead by some online platforms with various versions of how and when he died trending on social media since Thursday afternoon.

Debunking the news as fake and misleading, Tunde Oladunjoye, the monarch’s media adviser, cautioned those spreading the false news to be wary of tradition and desist from further pronouncing the Awujale dead”as there are consequences for such acts in Yorubaland.

“Despite my posts on Kabiyesi Awujale of Ijebuland being alive, some evil-minded people are still insisting Baba is dead.

“In fact a message is being mischievously circulated that the death has not being announced yet because “they are still looking for lady to sacrifice.

“I spent about three quality hours with Baba yesterday at his GRA residence in Ijebu Ode. I had to read out to his hearing the fake news being circulated.

“Baba only laughed and asked me not to worry myself but I should just reply the message that it was not correct.

“In the culture of Yoruba people, it is very wrong to wish a living person dead. It has its consequences.

“Please note that KABIYESI AWUJALE AND PARAMOUNT RULER OF IJEBU LAND IS ALIVE, HALE AND HEARTY,” Oladunjoye explained.
https://thenationonlineng.net/awujale-not-dead-says-palace/

1 Like

Re: Awujale Of Ijebuland Is Not Dead, Says Palace, by money121(m): 6:50am On Jul 16, 2021
May his Years be Long

12 Likes

Re: Awujale Of Ijebuland Is Not Dead, Says Palace, by humberjade: 6:50am On Jul 16, 2021
Hmm....So agba dewe...If you know, you know.

Kabiyesi don renew him.... lipsrsealed grin

8 Likes

Re: Awujale Of Ijebuland Is Not Dead, Says Palace, by tillaman(m): 6:50am On Jul 16, 2021
Haters will always hate, potatoes will only try to potate but Oba (Dr) S.K Adetona reigns till it’s time to join his ancestors!
Long live my King!!

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Awujale Of Ijebuland Is Not Dead, Says Palace, by maureensylvia(f): 6:51am On Jul 16, 2021
Hmmm
Re: Awujale Of Ijebuland Is Not Dead, Says Palace, by Ezedavo12(m): 6:51am On Jul 16, 2021
Rip sir
Re: Awujale Of Ijebuland Is Not Dead, Says Palace, by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:51am On Jul 16, 2021
Ezedavo12:
Rip sir
Are you okay like dis 
We pray and hope you are o..... for real!

Just imagine!

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Awujale Of Ijebuland Is Not Dead, Says Palace, by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:51am On Jul 16, 2021
Long Live the King!

Another 50 years to go

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Awujale Of Ijebuland Is Not Dead, Says Palace, by FuckHomophobes: 6:52am On Jul 16, 2021
grin

This man sef don tey gan ok. Long may he live

5 Likes

Re: Awujale Of Ijebuland Is Not Dead, Says Palace, by temitope27(m): 6:53am On Jul 16, 2021
This man no wan die again? After 60 years on throne
Re: Awujale Of Ijebuland Is Not Dead, Says Palace, by Redomi(m): 6:53am On Jul 16, 2021
If a living is pronounced dead, such person will die in few days
Re: Awujale Of Ijebuland Is Not Dead, Says Palace, by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:54am On Jul 16, 2021
Redomi:
If a living is pronounced dead, such person will die in few days
Lol cheesy
98% of Nigeria politicians for don die finish, if na so d tin dey be nah!

30 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Awujale Of Ijebuland Is Not Dead, Says Palace, by Crunchyg2: 6:55am On Jul 16, 2021
cool
Hello good people of nairaland. I run a POS business which I just got a new location which I want to open a second POS but my challenge is enough fund. I need someone who can invest 100k and get 10k return every month or 50k and get 5k return every month and anytime you are ready to take your initial capital back you can take it. I am in Lagos and I am ready to provide you any thing that you might need as collateral . My number is below on my signature.

2 Likes

Re: Awujale Of Ijebuland Is Not Dead, Says Palace, by ogaga4u2(m): 6:55am On Jul 16, 2021
Whoever that wish you reading this death will surely die your death.
Re: Awujale Of Ijebuland Is Not Dead, Says Palace, by bestman09(m): 6:55am On Jul 16, 2021
wink
Let him come out and show himself to the public, I will believe he's not dead when he show himself

2 Likes

Re: Awujale Of Ijebuland Is Not Dead, Says Palace, by temitope27(m): 6:55am On Jul 16, 2021
KillMNKnow:
Why is he dressing like Fulani slave? Oh! I remember they're first-class Fulani slaves
and you think you av sense, ur children will be ashamed of you for been a bad mother

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Awujale Of Ijebuland Is Not Dead, Says Palace, by Jesuyinka01(m): 6:55am On Jul 16, 2021
The king is alive grin grin
Re: Awujale Of Ijebuland Is Not Dead, Says Palace, by davidtemi(m): 6:55am On Jul 16, 2021
For dem to say this.....

It is now or soon

Very soon

1 Like

Re: Awujale Of Ijebuland Is Not Dead, Says Palace, by longview007: 6:56am On Jul 16, 2021
Can Fulani afford this kind of cloth.

KillMNKnow:
Why is he dressing like Fulani slave? Oh! I remember they're first-class Fulani slaves

9 Likes

Re: Awujale Of Ijebuland Is Not Dead, Says Palace, by BelieveAfrica: 6:57am On Jul 16, 2021
nairavsdollars:

https://thenationonlineng.net/awujale-not-dead-says-palace/

A very short live video of him and Baba would have solved the issue of fake news instead of this long epistle.

2 Likes

Re: Awujale Of Ijebuland Is Not Dead, Says Palace, by pepericozi: 6:58am On Jul 16, 2021
Ezedavo12:
Rip sir

You are cursing yourself

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Awujale Of Ijebuland Is Not Dead, Says Palace, by Fiscus105(m): 6:59am On Jul 16, 2021
If you spent 3 quality hours with baba, why can't baba come to town/market, visit popular person or invite popular person to his palace in an official capacity at least to put an end to fake rumour.
Re: Awujale Of Ijebuland Is Not Dead, Says Palace, by Adebayojamess1: 7:00am On Jul 16, 2021
Thank God
Re: Awujale Of Ijebuland Is Not Dead, Says Palace, by Nairalandguru(m): 7:01am On Jul 16, 2021
Make Awujale no die now o.
Re: Awujale Of Ijebuland Is Not Dead, Says Palace, by Afonjashapmouth: 7:01am On Jul 16, 2021
Nigerians like Gossip!!!!
Re: Awujale Of Ijebuland Is Not Dead, Says Palace, by enyen(m): 7:01am On Jul 16, 2021
good news

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Adetunji Becomes 41st Olubadan Of Ibadanland-the Punch / Yoruba Names By Region / Sultan Of Sokoto Holds Meeting With Christian Leaders In Enugu For Peace & Unity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.