Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,253 members, 7,807,859 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:54 PM

Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss (43800 Views)

What Business Do You Regret Starting?? / Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In HUGE Lose? / Supermarket Owners Rake In Huge Profits Over Closure Of Shoprite In Akure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by stupidmod3: 5:22pm On Jul 16, 2021
timsucess:

Incase if you sell rabbit meat
I can supply too
i can sell rabbit meat
Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by Hamzaay(m): 5:25pm On Jul 16, 2021
timi4mayo:

Come to my rescue....0.7.0.3.7.1.7.1.6.8.3

What’s app only please

1 Like

Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by Hamzaay(m): 5:25pm On Jul 16, 2021
eeithis:
how did you do it bro help me

What’s app only please
Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by domido(m): 5:25pm On Jul 16, 2021
lazkizz:
Beer parlor,
my friends and my girlfriend Drank both the Capital and interest

Can't even pay the shop rent undecided

grin grin grin
God, which kind people dey nairaland like this!!!
They drank both the capital and the interest.
That's mad grin

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by Hamzaay(m): 5:26pm On Jul 16, 2021
Monben:
How are you doing it? I'm interested

What’s app only please

1 Like

Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by Hamzaay(m): 5:26pm On Jul 16, 2021
Aurelius1:
What's your niche?

Graphics
Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by Nobody: 5:29pm On Jul 16, 2021
praiseneo:
Barbing saloon

Infact I wan sell my furnitures and equipment send me email if your interested

Very cheap price
why na,barbing they lucrative,abi u no dey residential ni?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by Hamzaay(m): 5:30pm On Jul 16, 2021
Emperor2020:
is that upwork ?and which service you render to make that bro,still waiting,cos sure, freelance with naija account don cast

Graphics

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by Itzi8(m): 5:30pm On Jul 16, 2021
I was into Beans flour and plantain flour Productions respectively, but the aftermath of the EndSARS protest changed the whole narrative for me, particularly in affording the raw materials for production. Many credit sales,and nothing to show for it today, and now, I've closed down the process, what used to be the talk of the people.
A bag of beans Rose from 35k - 40k - 49k - 55k - 60k - 70k, and the price of a bunch of plantain Rose to 7k per bunch. I had to run for my dear life, cuz it was way beyond what I can manage to operate with, and the worse part is that the customers will never listen to you when there's increment, until then, they will tell you, if you don't want to sell, you should keep it now.

My products stood out amongst major companies within, cuz of it's unadulterated nature and zero preservatives, but it's no more today.

How I wish there's someone, who is willing to partner with me, or willing to tap into the business, with my knowledge, we can do a great job.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by pedrilo: 5:31pm On Jul 16, 2021
ijeshaboy:
Poultry my wife was dashing people eggs, and life chicken, i have to close down.
I'm afraid you married a fool

14 Likes

Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by Nobody: 5:32pm On Jul 16, 2021
MrOkenwa:
1) Selling of floor and sugar to bakeries around me. Many of them bought on credit without paying back.
2) I did irrigation farming with my friend. It was a huge success but I resumed back to school before the harvest period. The guy sold everything and refused to give me shishi. embarassed
never paterner in business.

5 Likes

Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by Hamzaay(m): 5:33pm On Jul 16, 2021
Obakashdee:

He’s supporting you na
Lol why you be like this
Oya teach guys

No vex, I don’t really know how to use nairaland. It is not his message I wanted to tag

What’s app only please

4 Likes

Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by showafrica(m): 5:34pm On Jul 16, 2021
Overthemoonman:
Bro if I sell now, I don run at loss be that.. Some of my coins dey 0 dollars like this sef. I don't just know what to do..

No, next time buy and sell by forex trading. You will know when to buy and sell. When the market enter bear, you could have sold and buy again when it enter bull

4 Likes

Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by preciousMI1(f): 5:34pm On Jul 16, 2021
TheSparrow:
There are several businesses you can start and run profitably in Nigeria. Below are six that readily comes to mind:

1. Rice Milling

One of the best businesses one can venture into in Nigeria today is parboiled rice production (Rice Milling).

Nigerians currently consume over 5 million metric tons, which is equivalent to over 100 million 50Kg bags of rice annually. With the current population growth rate of Nigeria, the consumption of rice is estimated to reach about 35 million metric tons (700 million 50Kg bags) by the year 2050.

There is high demand for rice in Nigeria. With a population of over 180 million people and an estimated national population growth rate of 5.7% per annum ,an average economic growth rate of 3.5% per annum in the past five {5} years, Nigeria has a large and growing market for rice.

As it stands, the current producers of good quality rice in the country cannot even meet up to 50% of the current demand. This is the reason why the market is flooded with poorly produced and low quality rice.

New entrants into the rice milling industry that can produce good quality parboiled rice will have an evergreen market waiting to be sold to.

2. Drinking Water Production

Another good business that does very well in Nigeria is drinking water production (Bottled water and Sachet Water).

The growth of the middle class in Africa in general, and Nigeria to be specific, has led to a need for hygienically produced and well packaged food products like bottled water.

The market for packaged water is high and cut across all parts of the country. With a population of over one hundred and eighty million (180,000,000) people, and an estimated national population growth is 5.7% per annum, Nigeria has a large and sustainable market for packaged water.

3. Poultry Farming

Poultry farming is yet another business that gives good returns on investment.

Poultry farming has risen to become one of the most lucrative businesses in Nigeria today. This aspect of livestock farming, if set-up and managed properly, provides legitimate continuous income for entrepreneurs within a short period of time. There are over 160 million consumers in Nigeria and over one billion in Africa. This provides a large, growing and sustainable market for poultry farmers in Nigeria, and Africa in general.

4. Pounded Yam Flour Production

Pounded yam flour is another product that you can chose the invest in its production.

Pounded yam is a popular delicacy produced from boiled yam tubers, and is consumed by many people across Africa. However, a lot of people, especially the middle class find it difficult to prepare pounded yam the traditional way which involves boiling yam, pounding it in a mortar using a piston, until it becomes a succulent dough.

The growth of the middle class in Africa in general, and Nigeria to be specific, has led to a need for hygienically processed, easy to prepare and well packaged food products like yam flour.

5. Maize (Corn) Flour Production

This is another business that you can quickly setup and make good money with.

Maize can be processed into several products including Maize Flour, Maize Grits. Starch, etc.

With few producers focusing on the production of maize flour in Nigeria, there exists a large gap that needs to be filled by aspiring entrepreneurs in the country. This supply gap will continue to grow as the population of the country grows.

6. Cooking Oil Production

The production of Cooking oil, also called Vegetable oil is yet another viable business you can quickly setup and make good money in Nigeria.

The present production level of Vegetable Oil in Nigeria is yet to meet the demand of Nigerians. There is currently a ban on the importation of vegetable oil into the country. The ban was placed in other to encourage local producers to expand their operations, and new investors to go into the production of Vegetable Oil. This has made the business to be very lucrative.

Wishing you all the best in your quest.

Source: To read more, Visit: https://planbiz.com.ng/five-lucrative-businesses-you-can-start-in-nigeria-today-and-make-big-money/

Note: I can prepare a business plan for you on any of the above businesses. Reach out via Call/WhatsApp: 09022106607
for free?
Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by GABRIEL6036: 5:37pm On Jul 16, 2021
FalseProphet1:
The ability to forsee the end of an a business before starting is the major reason why people fail in business, I see more people failing miserably in business because they lack this gift.

This I have seen.
You never seize to see. Onirikuri

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by Themarkethere: 5:38pm On Jul 16, 2021
Empredboy:
sorry to say, that means you have not done any business.
some times it goes beyond planning such as things you can control like capital you need, location, market segments, your intending rivals but there are some things that you can't control like sudden government policies (Eg border closure, twitter ban, forex regulation), your rivals may have unexpected strength over you not until you start the business, the business environment might just suddenly just when you started Eg customer taste can just change overnight (you may think from your market survey that customer want product A but as soon as you start delivering productA taste can just change over night to product B which may be too expensive for your young business to produce.

No mind the small boy. Small pikin never see market, e say gain too much.

6 Likes

Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by Mustiboy(m): 5:39pm On Jul 16, 2021
BlueBanana:

What's your niche bro?

Email marketing & Copywriting

1 Like

Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by akanbiaa(m): 5:40pm On Jul 16, 2021
Magnumproperty:
You see frozen foods business naaaaa no go area oooooooo if u you don't have sufficient capital. Nepa wan kill me for like a week light no go dey. And I'm the only one selling in that area. I regretted doing that business with low capital. Infact many problem dey follow that business.
Asides no light you will still pay heavily for the darkness NEPA provided.

7 Likes

Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by fatymore(f): 5:44pm On Jul 16, 2021
Childofaking:
i started a poultry Farm, it was been managed by someone, his salary was commision based on the number of chickens and monthly, i did not have time to be on the farm myself.
he was the only one being paid, i was always asked to bring in more money. the farm folded when i refused to bring in more money.
lol
Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by IamGreen1(f): 5:45pm On Jul 16, 2021
showafrica:

Lol.. Use ichimoku.. Buy and sell, don't hodl. If you want to hodl, buy and forget till after 5yrs.

You go use 200k gather shit coins I guess, all these coins that you'll use $50 buy 100trillion units of it. I'll advise you to just try forget your password for your mind for now, something good will definitely still come out from some of them. I'm also hoping for the best in years too,

11 Likes

Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by adaperry25: 5:50pm On Jul 16, 2021
Started affiliate marketing on amazon last year and e-commerce. Spent close to 800k in setting them up. Roi was a blunder. The Amazon website is up for sale.
Lesson: always do diligent research in any business you are venturing into.

9 Likes

Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jul 16, 2021
Lekobans21:
A boutique shop back then during my university days, my greatest mistake is venturing into females wear. Let me drop here because the rest Nah epistle ��
i can relate because have sold ladies hand bag too,i met my supplier here,finish the story,me i know the story already,but tell the rest here

They will come to seduce you,just to get free bag or wears,hmm the future is ....,.....

9 Likes

Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by Nobody: 5:57pm On Jul 16, 2021
pedrilo:
I'm afraid you married a fool

1 Like

Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by Hmajeed(m): 5:59pm On Jul 16, 2021
MamaFryo:
Meat delivery biz. It ended in tears. I started building my customer base from family and friends; they ruined the biz with debt.

However, I won't give up because I have the brand name registered already. I will repackage and come up with new strategy. I never say die.

More success ma’am

I’d love to speak with you, I’m just about to start
Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by Nobody: 6:00pm On Jul 16, 2021
Itzi8:
I was into Beans flour and plantain flour Productions respectively, but the aftermath of the EndSARS protest changed the whole narrative for me, particularly in affording the raw materials for production. Many credit sales,and nothing to show for it today, and now, I've closed down the process, what used to be the talk of the people.
A bag of beans Rose from 35k - 40k - 49k - 55k - 60k - 70k, and the price of a bunch of plantain Rose to 7k per bunch. I had to run for my dear life, cuz it was way beyond what I can manage to operate with, and the worse part is that the customers will never listen to you when there's increment, until then, they will tell you, if you don't want to sell, you should keep it now.

My products stood out amongst major companies within, cuz of it's unadulterated nature and zero preservatives, but it's no more today.

How I wish there's someone, who is willing to partner with me, or willing to tap into the business, with my knowledge, we can do a great job.
like how much the partner will have?
Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by SamPeeLamen(m): 6:00pm On Jul 16, 2021
You see poultry biz? Run away from it. I started the biz well but 12 weeks later, i started getting fat while the biz was dying without reason, or so i thought. Turns out the biz died cos i ate most of the chickens.

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by Ekg911(m): 6:00pm On Jul 16, 2021
Hamzaay:
Delivery business. People over here no won pay for jobs ooo and the delivery thing is risky so I have to opt into my long time business freelancing and I am making noting less than $1k in a week for a bad days and $4k in other good weeks.
boss teach me this freelancing stuff na.. 08153376625

1 Like

Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by SecretReporter(f): 6:02pm On Jul 16, 2021
praiseneo:
Barbing saloon

Infact I wan sell my furnitures and equipment send me email if your interested

Very cheap price
what is your location ?
Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by iramure(m): 6:03pm On Jul 16, 2021
Kirkman:

Out of curiosity, what vehicle brand were you using for you haulage business?
long frame Ford bus. I regretted venturing into it. Now I am indebted to my creditors.

3 Likes

Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by iramure(m): 6:03pm On Jul 16, 2021
AgentGoat:

sorry
Thank you.
Re: Which Business Did You Regret Starting Because It Ended Up In Huge Loss by SecretReporter(f): 6:09pm On Jul 16, 2021
YomiOlofin:
I'm a catfish expert. But I borrowed money for the startup of the one owned by me. I borrowed fish ponds for a year duration.

After my stocking of the ponds, diseases hit the ponds at the same time. Being a animal health expert too, I stopped the diseases within a week but what could have accounted for profit died within that few days.

After harvesting at 4 months, I got all the borrowed money back, but none was left to restock the ponds again. That means the leased ponds were not used for 8 months. I would have gotten my profit during the 8 months the ponds were lying idle.

To survive, I went into sport betting. My rule is to bet with lesser amount that I won't feel if lost. I prepare large odds and bet with 100 naira. Fortunately, I lose many and win some. Won bets always swallow whatever lost and I refuse to bet with anything beyond 1k even though I win nothing less than 12k in most cases.
but you be expert now

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Access Bank Acquisition Of Diamond Bank: Nigerians React / Innocent Chukwuma Flown To Lagos In Shorts / 5 Businesses You Can Start With N50,000 In 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.