Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,255 members, 7,807,880 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:23 PM

Are Jehovah's Witnesses Prophets? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are Jehovah's Witnesses Prophets? (5958 Views)

Are Jehovah Witness People Real Christians? / Are Jehovah's Witnesses Tied To Freemasons? / Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Prophets? by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:52pm On Jul 16, 2021
haddeylium:

This particular one is a very dishonest person.
He goofed point blank. Rather than admit that he was wrong, he deleted all the posts he made about it. To what end exactly?
This is why sometimes I don't like conversation on a platform like this. Even when the other person know you're telling the truth wouldn't admit so to save face Then, we have this other one that compliment his comments with other moniker just for validation. That's ewwww
That cartoon is just the pictorial reality of today. Many People read the Bible to support their own view of worship.
Who's ready to change when the Bible challenge his belief?

When our Born Again brothers say we should avoid this type of platform many dishonest ones will say "they are deciding for their members" but the Governing Body knows what it takes for a person to forgo worldly view and cling unto what God's word says.
My brother don't allow that to discourage you we know that we're like sheep in the midst of wolves so all what we need is our faith and togetherness! Matthew 10:16

Proud of you my brother! smiley
Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Prophets? by DappaD: 4:54pm On Jul 16, 2021
thorpido:
The knowledge that you say is available has ceased just as prophesy has ceased according to your interpretation of 1 Corinthians 3:18.Why are you asking me to seek knowledge from JW.org when you say it has ceased?

I think you’re misunderstanding the OP. 1Corinthians 13:8 said that “knowledge will cease”, which knowledge is that? In verse 9, Paul says, “Now our knowledge is partial and incomplete, and even the gift of prophecy reveals only part of the whole picture!
—New Living Translation.
The knowledge which the apostles had in the first century was actually incomplete so they did not have all the facts about the fulfillment of God’s will and purposes. So when the complete knowledge came, then the one which they had will cease in that it became obsolete.

For example, all the first century Christians were anointed and sealed with God’s spirit(2Corinthians 1:22) to become kings, priests and judges with the Christ in heaven. 2Timothy 2:12
But the new information presented in Revelation 7&14 pointed out that the total number of those who would be sealed by holy spirit would be 144,000! That was something Paul did not know in his days so the knowledge that all Christians would be sealed by God’s holy spirit which existed in Paul’s days became obsolete as the book of Revelation rounded up all the prophecies about the future. Revelation 22:18-19
Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Prophets? by Janosky: 4:59pm On Jul 16, 2021
achorladey:

Yes, people are often swift to label Jehovah’s Witnesses “false prophets

But Jehovah's witnesses are not swift in calling others false Christians or in pidgin (lie lie Christians) in this same lie lie ones are the honest hearted(truthful) that you seek to convert into members.

Jehovah's witnesses know they are not inspired or claimed they are not inspired and still went ahead to print magazines like the one below....

So what do you expect others to call them when the same mouth that says they are not prophet says they are? grin grin

E get as e be ooo
The word prophet is written with scare quote sign " " . The Watchtower said:
'This "prophet" was a small group of men and women'
The Watchtower didn't say " The Prophet...."

The Watchtower of 1972 attached a scare quote " " on the word, Prophet.
JWs,we do not believe we are prophets.

Dictionary
Definitions from Oxford Languages

scare quotes
noun
noun: scare quote
quotation marks placed round a word or phrase to draw attention to an unusual or arguably inaccurate use.
"putting the term “global warming” in scare quotes serves to subtly cast doubt on the reality of such a phenomenon."

Achorladey, learn the difference between scare quote & and other forms of quote.
Don't mislead yourself and others with misinformation.

Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Prophets? by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:01pm On Jul 16, 2021
DappaD:
Interesting topic @ OP!

Yes, people are often swift to label Jehovah’s Witnesses “false prophets” meanwhile they fail to realise that “prophecy” means an inspired utterance given under influence of divine will(holy spirit) so if Jehovah’s Witnesses have always claimed to be uninspired, then it means they aren’t prophets because like the Scriptures says, “presumptuousness is a grevious sin” (Psalm 19:13) and that is what they’re trying to avoid.

What can those criticizing the Witnesses have to say about the disciples of Jesus who did not fully understand all he was teaching even while Jesus was physically with them? Luke 19:11, 24:19-21,
That’s why Jesus had to correct them even though they had a misplaced understanding of God’s will at first. Luke 19:12-27, 24:25-27

So what really is at play here is that the Witnesses have the same zeal and fervour as the first century Christians and they also eagerly desire to see these prophecies fulfilled but they are not cast aside since Jesus never did that to his disciples!

Instead, Jehovah supplies his holy spirit to enable us to understand the prophecies that already recorded in the Scriptures (John 14:26) and this process of understanding is done gradually since Jehovah doesn’t just bombard his servants with all the knowledge at once(Ephesians 1:9,10) but so that his servants by means of holy spirit can be able to peer and search into the very “deep things of God” 1Corinthians 2:10

Before i become one of JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES i already knew that God's servants (prophets) are imperfect humans so they're prone to errors. But i was searching for the MARK of pure worship so that's why it has been tough for any critic or apostate to challenge my faith.
I'll just ask them the most difficult question:

Do you know a better performing group than this one?

and the next thing is seeing them rolling on the floor like toddlers agitating! smiley

Ordinarily everyone agree that there is no group of perfect humans so there's nothing you can say to condemn any group of worshipers if you agree to that. But at the same time we all know that God can organize his imperfect worshipers in one group just as He did with the Israelites.
So all what we need is the MARK of pure worship! smiley

2 Likes

Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Prophets? by haddeylium(m): 5:09pm On Jul 16, 2021
DappaD:
Interesting topic @ OP!

Yes, people are often swift to label Jehovah’s Witnesses “false prophets” meanwhile they fail to realise that “prophecy” means an inspired utterance given under influence of divine will(holy spirit) so if Jehovah’s Witnesses have always claimed to be uninspired, then it means they aren’t prophets because like the Scriptures says, “presumptuousness is a grevious sin” (Psalm 19:13) and that is what they’re trying to avoid.

What can those criticizing the Witnesses have to say about the disciples of Jesus who did not fully understand all he was teaching even while Jesus was physically with them? Luke 19:11, 24:19-21,
That’s why Jesus had to correct them even though they had a misplaced understanding of God’s will at first. Luke 19:12-27, 24:25-27

So what really is at play here is that the Witnesses have the same zeal and fervour as the first century Christians and they also eagerly desire to see these prophecies fulfilled but they are not cast aside since Jesus never did that to his disciples!

Instead, Jehovah supplies his holy spirit to enable us to understand the prophecies that already recorded in the Scriptures (John 14:26) and this process of understanding is done gradually since Jehovah doesn’t just bombard his servants with all the knowledge at once(Ephesians 1:9,10) but so that his servants by means of holy spirit can be able to peer and search into the very “deep things of God” 1Corinthians 2:10

I agree with the points you have here
Despite being directed by Jesus and the Holy Spirit, the apostles were still guilty of having wrong expectations…

While they were listening to these things, he told another illustration, because he was near Jerusalem and they thought that the Kingdom of God was going to appear instantly. (Lu 19:11)

So when they had assembled, they asked him: “Lord, are you restoring the kingdom to Israel at this time?” (Acts 1:6)

If the spirit-directed followers of Jesus Christ could reason inaccurately. Then surely an imperfect organization that openly admits they are not inspired prophets should be allowed to have the same inaccurate reasoning and wrong expectations as well.

However, these faithful men adjusted their reasoning when they came to accurate knowledge of God's word that Jesus was teaching them
. Likewise Jehovah's witnesses are willing to adjust and change in our effort to pursue the same truth and arrive at the same destination of accurate knowledge.

2 Likes

Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Prophets? by thorpido(m): 5:57pm On Jul 16, 2021
DappaD:

I think you’re misunderstanding the OP. 1Corinthians 13:8 said that “knowledge will cease”, which knowledge is that? In verse 9, Paul says, “Now our knowledge is partial and incomplete, and even the gift of prophecy reveals only part of the whole picture!
—New Living Translation.
The knowledge which the apostles had in the first century was actually incomplete so they did not have all the facts about the fulfillment of God’s will and purposes. So when the complete knowledge came, then the one which they had will cease in that it became obsolete.

For example, all the first century Christians were anointed and sealed with God’s spirit(2Corinthians 1:22) to become kings, priests and judges with the Christ in heaven. 2Timothy 2:12
But the new information presented in Revelation 7&14 pointed out that the total number of those who would be sealed by holy spirit would be 144,000! That was something Paul did not know in his days so the knowledge that all Christians would be sealed by God’s holy spirit which existed in Paul’s days became obsolete as the book of Revelation rounded up all the prophecies about the future. Revelation 22:18-19
Revelations 7:4 says,'And I heard the number of them which were sealed: and there were sealed an hundred and forty and four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel. ' Did you see 'of the tribes of the children of Israel' in that scripture?The 144,000 is from Israel and not the whole believers.
Verse 9 says,After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;
The Holy Spirit is not sealing just 144,000 as erroneously held by JW.

1 Like

Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Prophets? by Janosky: 6:01pm On Jul 16, 2021
thorpido:
Revelations 7:4 says,'And I heard the number of them which were sealed: and there were sealed an hundred and forty and four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel. ' Did you see 'of the tribes of the children of Israel' in that scripture?The 144,000 is from Israel and not the whole believers.
Verse 9 says,After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;
The Bros think say na those Israelites wey Jesus Christ tell them say "your house has been abandoned to you."

Bros, 144,000 is NOT natural Jews.
Study your Bible and you will know.

grin
Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Prophets? by thorpido(m): 6:04pm On Jul 16, 2021
haddeylium:

Good question!
Then, you don't need to[b]seek[/b] a knowledge about something. it's miraculous.
Now, that Bible is in completion and the has Gift ceased. You have to seek it in God's word. Bible commentaries, corcondance can contribute as knowledge aid.

Thank you wink
Whether it be written or spoken, knowledge is gained by seeking.To know the scriptures is to seek knowledge.
If prophesy,speaking in tongues and knowledge has ceased according to you,then what knowledge do you have in the Scriptures?

1 Like

Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Prophets? by achorladey: 6:09pm On Jul 16, 2021
Janosky:

Dictionary

scare quotes
noun
quotation marks placed round a word or phrase to draw attention to an unusual or arguably inaccurate use.
"putting the term “global warming” in scare quotes serves to subtly cast doubt on the reality of such a phenomenon."

Achorladey, learn the difference between scare quote & and other forms of quote.

Who is the prophet(if you like put scare quote or remove am) that is among them according to the main TEXT?

The question is simple enough. I await the response grin

While you are at it and the reason I told your brother earlier he will rather choose and select the one that suits his agenda and shut others out of sight.

Here is another below

All True Christians ARE Prophets. The New American Bible correctly states: "Prophet means 'one who speaks for another,' especially for God. It does not necessarily mean that he predicts the future!" You will be interested to learn that God has on earth a people, all of whom are prophets, or witnesses for God. In fact, they are known throughout the world as Jehovah's Witnesses." Awake! 1986 Jun 8 p. 9

Are Jehovah's witnesses not the only TRUE CHRISTIANS on earth today?

If yes is the answer, are they PROPHETS according to your publication cited?

Don't mislead yourself and others with misinformation

Thanks for the reminder at least my misinformation will be used as TRUTH by you very soon. Na your mode operandi!

1 Like

Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Prophets? by achorladey: 6:21pm On Jul 16, 2021
haddeylium:

I agree with the points you have here
Despite being directed by Jesus and the Holy Spirit, the apostles were still guilty of having wrong expectations…

While they were listening to these things, he told another illustration, because he was near Jerusalem and they thought that the Kingdom of God was going to appear instantly. (Lu 19:11)

So when they had assembled, they asked him: “Lord, are you restoring the kingdom to Israel at this time?” (Acts 1:6)

If the spirit-directed followers of Jesus Christ could reason inaccurately. Then surely an imperfect organization that openly admits they are not inspired prophets should be allowed to have the same inaccurate reasoning and wrong expectations as well.

However, these faithful men adjusted their reasoning when they came to accurate knowledge of God's word that Jesus was teaching them
. Likewise Jehovah's witnesses are willing to adjust and change in our effort to pursue the same truth and arrive at the same destination of accurate knowledge.

If the spirit-directed followers of Jesus Christ could reason inaccurately.

Reason inaccurately is different from teaching inaccurately or prophesying inaccurately

You didn't see in the scripture cited by your brother/friend where Peter is teaching others that the kingdom will arrive this instant. Is it there?
Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Prophets? by achorladey: 6:24pm On Jul 16, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Before i become one of JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES i already knew that God's servants (prophets) are imperfect humans so they're prone to errors. But i was searching for the MARK of pure worship so that's why it has been tough for any critic or apostate to challenge my faith.
I'll just ask them the most difficult question:

Do you know a better performing group than this one?

and the next thing is seeing them rolling on the floor like toddlers agitating! smiley

Ordinarily everyone agree that there is no group of perfect humans so there's nothing you can say to condemn any group of worshipers if you agree to that. But at the same time we all know that God can organize his imperfect worshipers in one group just as He did with the Israelites.
So all what we need is the MARK of pure worship! smiley

Before i become one of JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES i already knew that God's servants "prophets"........Max

I have added scare quote like one of your brother posit.

Are Jehovah's witnesses prophet? Check for your answer in this post quoted grin
Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Prophets? by achorladey: 6:31pm On Jul 16, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

When our Born Again brothers say we should avoid this type of platform many dishonest ones will say "they are deciding for their members" but the Governing Body knows what it takes for a person to forgo worldly view and cling unto what God's word says.
My brother don't allow that to discourage you we know that we're like sheep in the midst of wolves so all what we need is our faith and togetherness! Matthew 10:16

Proud of you my brother! smiley

A classic case or example of shooting oneself in the foot by the former military intelligence officer. Here it is below...

Since you have choose not to avoid this kind of platform and even go as far as setting up a thread to study the Bible with the organisation you belong, will you readily agree that you are a DISHONEST ONE?
Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Prophets? by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:59pm On Jul 16, 2021
thorpido:

Whether it be written or spoken, knowledge is gained by seeking.To know the scriptures is to seek knowledge.
If prophesy,speaking in tongues and knowledge has ceased a cording to you,then what knowledge do you have in the Scriptures?

Miracles are unexplainable deeds involving supernatural forces.

Prophecy connotes predictions through divine providence.

Speaking in tongues means strange language that's not been spoken before by the speaker.

So the Knowledge that was listed with all these unnatural occurrences is not what comes through learning process but direct information through divine means!

Take for instance Moses was buried by God's angels in the absence of no witnesses {Deuteronomy 34:5-6} the scriptures confirmed that nobody knew Moses's grave due to how and who buried him but how did Jude who lived over 1,500 years later KNEW that Satan and Michael had issues over Moses's corpse? Jude 9

Well that's the type of KNOWLEDGE that will cease after the completion of God's word (Bible)

May you have PEACE! smiley
Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Prophets? by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:15pm On Jul 16, 2021
thorpido:

Thanks for the opportunity given us to explain our beliefs to followers of this thread Sir, God bless you!

The 144,000 are not natural Israelites but spiritual Israelites comprising of different races. Jesus referred to them in that book as Israelites because they've become his brothers by virtue of their second baptism which is of the spirit! John 3:5

But before concluding that JWs got it wrong why not cross-check the list of the names of the original 12 tribes of Israel in the Bible book of Exodus 1:1-5 and compare with what you're seeing @ Revelations 7:5-8

Please carefully cross-check both lists of the names.

Once again God bless you and may you have PEACE! smiley
Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Prophets? by haddeylium(m): 8:15pm On Jul 16, 2021
thorpido:
If prophesy,speaking in tongues and knowledge has ceased a cording to you,then what knowledge do you have in the Scriptures?

You didn't get it.
People that have the gift of 'speaking in tongue ' do not need to learn the language before they can communicate the Gospel with it.
Likewise, the people that have gift of knowledge do not need to seek for Bible truths and God's will before they know it. They can do them miraculously
All of them including the gift of prophesy have ceases (1 Cor 13:cool. Today, sincere people can gain this knowledge by studying and researching God's word deeply with so many aids available today. Dictionary, corcondance, manuscript, translations and forth
Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Prophets? by eomajeh: 10:44pm On Jul 16, 2021
haddeylium:
Many people claimed that JWs do not believe in the gift of prophesy as seen today and they also say that JWs are false prophets because they suppossedly have prophesied things that didn’t happen. Yea, this inconsistencies do not flow together.
Out of fairness to the honesthearted people that might be interested in answer, let's examine the facts more closely.

Are Jehovah's Witnesses prophets?

The simple answer is NO!
Never have we claimed to giving out a prophesy ‘in the name of Jehovah'. Infact many of our official journal have said the following;

"We have not the gift of prophecy.” (January 1883, page 425)

“Nor would we have our writings reverenced or regarded as infallible.” (December 15, 1896, page 306)

And Our Watchtower article, however having Jehovah's holyspirit -;

does not mean those now serving as Jehovah’s witnesses are inspired. It does not mean that the writings in this magazine The Watchtower are inspired and infallible and without mistakes.” (May 15, 1947, page 157)

“The Watchtower does not claim to be inspired in its utterances, nor is it dogmatic.” (August 15, 1950, page 263)

“The brothers preparing these publications are not infallible. Their writings are not inspired as are those of Paul and the other Bible writers.-2 Timothy 3:16 And so, at times, it has been necessary, as understanding became clearer, to correct views. Proverbs 4:18 ”​—February 15, 1981, page 19.

Closer examination shows that never once has the Jehovah’s Witnesses organization claimed to be prophets.

But? Why do people call them a Failed prophets? Do they want to make them one so they can use that adjective? Have they prophesied wrongly in the past?

Haddeylium, did you say “never once has the Jehovahs Witnesses organization claimed to be prophets”?
In your defence, you brought up quotations from some old JW publications where they say “they have not the gift of prophecy”, “their writings should not be reverenced or regarded as infallible”, “their writings are not inspired as are those of Paul and other bible writers”, etc.

True, the JWs write that they are not giving out prophecies. However, I bet you do not know that in the April 1 1972 Watchtower, the JW call themselves a prophet. On page 197 of that Watchtower, in an article titled “They Shall Know that a Prophet Was Among Them”, a question is raised as to whether in modern times Jehovah God has had a prophet to help the people, “to warn them of dangers and declare things to come”.
The answer given was, yes, that the record showed there was such a prophet. The article continued that the “prophet was not one man, but was a body of men and women. the small group of footstep followers of Jesus Christ known at that time as International Bible Students. Today they are known as Jehovah’s Christian Witnesses”.

JWs say their organization has never given out a prophecy, but had only given out its surmises. But what does the record say?

For example, when the JW organization was “surmising” that the world will end in 1914, these were some of their statements:
• “…we present bible evidence proving that the full end of the times of the Gentiles .. will be reached in AD 1914. That date will be the farthest limit of the rule of imperfect men” - The Time Is At Hand book
• “within the coming 26 years [from 1889], all present governments will be overthrown and dissolved… We consider it an established truth that the final end of the kingdoms of this world, and the full establishment of the Kingdom of God will be accomplished at the end of AD 1914” – The Time Is At Hand, page 98, 99
• “with the end of AD 1914, what God calls Babylon, and what men call christendom, will have passed away, as already shown from prophecy” – Thy Kingdom Come, page 153
• “The date of the close of that battle is definitely marked in Scripture as October 1914” – WatchTower January 15, 1892
• “We see no reason for changing the figures – nor could we change them if we could. They are, we believe, God’s dates, not ours” - July 15 1894 WatchTower
Also, in an article titled “Knowledge and Faith Regarding Chronology” in the October 1 1907 Watchtower, it was said in so many words that persons doubting the 1914 time predictions are lacking in faith.
Haddeylium, you say JWs have never given out a prophecy “in the name of Jehovah”. What do you call putting forward time predictions with such statements as: it is “God’s dates, not ours”, it is “established truth”, the date is “definitely marked in scripture”, the date is “already shown from prophecy”, etc? DENY IT AS YOU MAY BUT THAT IS GIVING OUT A PROPHECY IN THE NAME OF JEHOVAH.
What do you call it when you smear the faith of persons who refuse to accept your time predictions, and even go as far as comparing them to the 5 foolish virgins who did not keep up the watch? DENY IT AS YOU MAY BUT THAT IS NOT ONLY PROPHESYING BUT BEING DOGMATIC.
Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Prophets? by eomajeh: 10:45pm On Jul 16, 2021
JW commonly say that unlike most religious organizations, they acknowledge their error. As you [Haddeylium] said “we are prepared to change if we find out we were incorrect”. Is this really true??

Did you know that when addressing the failure of the 1914 prophecy/ surmising, the book which was the official history of the JW organization (Jehovah’s Witnesses in the Divine Purpose) says in page 52: “There is no doubt that many throughout this period were overzealous in their statements as to what could be expected. Some read into the Watchtower statements that were never intended…” Haddeylium, that is not acknowledgement of error, but an effort to push the blame on others by saying that any strong expectations or dogmatic claims were the responsibility of the readers.

In the foreword of the book “The Time Is At Hand”, do you know how the JW addressed the failure of the 1914 failure?
They said the thought was presented that the Lord’s saints was expected to be with HIM in glory, but the Lord overruled it for the blessing of HIS people. It added that the 1914 time prediction” had a very stimulating and sanctifying effect upon thousands. All of whom can praise the Lord – even for the mistake”. It continued that “many can be thankful to the Lord that 1914 did not mark the end as expected, as that gives further opportunities of perfecting holiness.
Haddeylium, is that a frank and honest admission of error? DENY IT AS YOU MAY, BUT IT IS NOT because (i) first, they blamed God for overruling the false predictions (ii) then the moved to find merit in the false predictions.

1 Like

Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Prophets? by thorpido(m): 10:54pm On Jul 16, 2021
haddeylium:

You didn't get it.
People that have the gift of 'speaking in tongue ' do not need to learn the language before they can communicate the Gospel with it.
Likewise, the people that have gift of knowledge do not need to seek for Bible truths and God's will before they know it. They can do them miraculously
All of them including the gift of prophesy have ceases (1 Cor 13:cool. Today, sincere people can gain this knowledge by studying and researching God's word deeply with so many aids available today. Dictionary, corcondance, manuscript, translations and forth
So this gift of speaking in tongues has ceased?
Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Prophets? by thorpido(m): 11:00pm On Jul 16, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Miracles are unexplainable deeds involving supernatural forces.

Prophecy connotes predictions through divine providence.

Speaking in tongues means strange language that's not been spoken before by the speaker.

So the Knowledge that was listed with all these unnatural occurrences is not what comes through learning process but direct information through divine means!

Take for instance Moses was buried by God's angels in the absence of no witnesses {Deuteronomy 34:5-6} the scriptures confirmed that [b]nobody knew Moses's grave due to how and who buried him but how did Jude who lived over 1,500 years later KNEW that Satan and Michael had issues over Moses's corpse? Jude 9

Well that's the type of KNOWLEDGE that will cease after the completion of God's word (Bible)[/b]

Are you saying this kind of knowledge has ceased?It's revelational knowledge.Are you saying Christians today don't have that knowledge?
Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Prophets? by Janosky: 11:18pm On Jul 16, 2021
eomajeh:

Haddeylium, did you say “never once has the Jehovahs Witnesses organization claimed to be prophets”?
In your defence, you brought up quotations from some old JW publications where they say “they have not the gift of prophecy”, “their writings should not be reverenced or regarded as infallible”, “their writings are not inspired as are those of Paul and other bible writers”, etc.

True, the JWs write that they are not giving out prophecies. However, I bet you do not know that in the April 1 1972 Watchtower, the JW call themselves a prophet. On page 197 of that Watchtower, in an article titled “They Shall Know that a Prophet Was Among Them”, a question is raised as to whether in modern times Jehovah God has had a prophet to help the people, “to warn them of dangers and declare things to come”.
The answer given was, yes, that the record showed there was such a prophet. The article continued that the “prophet was not one man, but was a body of men and women. the small group of footstep followers of Jesus Christ known at that time as International Bible Students. Today they are known as Jehovah’s Christian Witnesses”.

JWs say their organization has never given out a prophecy, but had only given out its surmises. But what does the record say?

For example, when the JW organization was “surmising” that the world will end in 1914, these were some of their statements:
• “…we present bible evidence proving that the full end of the times of the Gentiles .. will be reached in AD 1914. That date will be the farthest limit of the rule of imperfect men” - The Time Is At Hand book
• “within the coming 26 years [from 1889], all present governments will be overthrown and dissolved… We consider it an established truth that the final end of the kingdoms of this world, and the full establishment of the Kingdom of God will be accomplished at the end of AD 1914” – The Time Is At Hand, page 98, 99
• “with the end of AD 1914, what God calls Babylon, and what men call christendom, will have passed away, as already shown from prophecy” – Thy Kingdom Come, page 153
• “The date of the close of that battle is definitely marked in Scripture as October 1914” – WatchTower January 15, 1892
• “We see no reason for changing the figures – nor could we change them if we could. They are, we believe, God’s dates, not ours” - July 15 1894 WatchTower
Also, in an article titled “Knowledge and Faith Regarding Chronology” in the October 1 1907 Watchtower, it was said in so many words that persons doubting the 1914 time predictions are lacking in faith.
Haddeylium, you say JWs have never given out a prophecy “in the name of Jehovah”. What do you call putting forward time predictions with such statements as: it is “God’s dates, not ours”, it is “established truth”, the date is “definitely marked in scripture”, the date is “already shown from prophecy”, etc? DENY IT AS YOU MAY BUT THAT IS GIVING OUT A PROPHECY IN THE NAME OF JEHOVAH.
What do you call it when you smear the faith of persons who refuse to accept your time predictions, and even go as far as comparing them to the 5 foolish virgins who did not keep up the watch? DENY IT AS YOU MAY BUT THAT IS NOT ONLY PROPHESYING BUT BEING DOGMATIC.

Over 2000 years ago, Jesus preached ,"the kingdom of God is at hand" , even last year.
Bros, what of this very year,2021? Is the kingdom at hand?

In most ways Jehovah’s Witnesses are like everyone else. They have normal problems—economic, physical, emotional. They make mistakes at times, for they are not perfect, inspired, or infallible. But they try to learn from their experiences and diligently study the Bible to make needed corrections. They have made a dedication to God to do his will, and they apply themselves to fulfill this dedication. In all their activities they seek guidance from God’s Word and his holy spirit.

Jesus Christ called the disciples "senseless" @ Luke 24:25-27.
Bros, why ?
Luke 24:21, the disciples predicted Jesus will redeem Isreal from Roman oppression.
Did their prediction come to pass?

Have you ever criticize the failed prediction of your gods of men/Pastorpreneurs?
One of them claims he drank tea with his deity , you have never questioned him to prove his claims were actually true, you still call him with High sounding titles,
grin grin grin

Bros, remove the rafters in your eyes before you can check the specks in JWs. grin
Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Prophets? by haddeylium(m): 11:55pm On Jul 16, 2021
eomajeh:

If you read the first and second OP post slowly we won't be having this conversation.

If you check the article, you can notice that we are compared with “prophets” (in inverted commas, mind you) metaphorically, because we publicly proclaim God’s message. Only that that message is the one in the Bible, not a personal divine revelation.

Do you understand now? wink
Have a great day

1 Like

Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Prophets? by eomajeh: 12:02am On Jul 17, 2021
Janosky:

Dictionary

scare quotes
noun

Jonosky, it is true that JWs can point to many quotations in their publications to the effect that they have always said they are not prophets, and that they are not infallible.
However, it is also true that in that Watchtower of 1972, it is said that the JWs are prophet. The article is clear in saying that:
This “prophet” was not one man, but was a body of men and women. It was the small group of footstep followers of Jesus Christ, known at that time as International Bible Students. Today they are known as Jehovah’s Christian witnesses. They are still proclaiming a warning…
If I get you well, you saying that the article put the word prophet in scare quotes is to say that some may view the JWs as acting like prophets (at least in some capacity), but the JWs themselves do not see themselves as prophets.
For argument’s sake, let’s dismiss that Watchtower of 1972. Then we’ll have no other published statement (at least, to my knowledge) that JWs are prophets, but there will remain numerous statements of them saying they do not give out prophesy, and that they are not infallible.

However, these statements that JWs do not prophesy are empty (and dishonest). This is because:
(i) they put out their speculations (or surmising) as forcefully as the prophecies of any “prophets”. Just look at my earlier comment for some of the statements made when they were pushing the 1914 date as the end of the world’s systems.
How do you say you are not giving out prophecy when you say that the date you are pushing is “God’s date, not ours”?
(ii) the source of the speculations (or surmising) represent itself as God’s only true channel of communication – the only channel through which God provides his children on earth “meat in due season”
How do you say you are not giving out prophecy when you say you are a god-directed source, and that what you are pushing is God’s divinely provided meat in due season?
(iii) the source of the speculations (surmising) represents those who doubt the speculation as being spiritually weak and without faith.
How do you say you are not giving out prophesy when you call out my spiritually and faith for refusing to accept your speculations?

So dear Janosky, even if the 1972 watchtower is dismissed; and even with the numerous quotations that the JWs have made about them not prophesying, it is clear to all that want to see. Those statements about them not prophesying are just disclaimers. That is, when the JWs “prophesies” fail, they can point to those statements and say “we didn’t say we are prophets. We didn’t say we are infallible”. That is only being clever (albeit dishonestly).

2 Likes

Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Prophets? by haddeylium(m): 12:14am On Jul 17, 2021
thorpido:
So this gift of speaking in tongues has ceased?

Let me give you practical example of 'Knowledge' seeking today even when the gift is no more.

The word “tongues” in the New Testament is a translation of the Greek word “glossa”, and it means “language”.
'Tongues' is Shakespearian old English while 'Language' is a modern English.
Believe me, it's not the same as what is practice today.
In the Bible times, the person spoke in his native language, but the hearers heard in their native language. People with that gift then 'can speak in others native languages', it wasn't a mixture of incoherent words.
It was only a valid gift until completion of the Word of God, then it ceased (1 Corinthians 13:cool.

'Has the gift of speaking in languages ceased?...YES! cheesy
Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Prophets? by haddeylium(m): 12:42am On Jul 17, 2021
eomajeh:

Jonosky, it is true that JWs can point to many quotations in their publications to the effect that they have always said they are not prophets, and that they are not infallible.
However, it is also true that in that Watchtower of 1972, it is said that the JWs are prophet. The article is clear in saying that:
This “prophet” was not one man, but was a body of men and women. It was the small group of footstep followers of Jesus Christ, known at that time as International Bible Students. Today they are known as Jehovah’s Christian witnesses. They are still proclaiming a warning…
If I get you well, you saying that the article put the word prophet in scare quotes is to say that some may view the JWs as acting like prophets (at least in some capacity), but the JWs themselves do not see themselves as prophets.
For argument’s sake, let’s dismiss that Watchtower of 1972. Then we’ll have no other published statement (at least, to my knowledge) that JWs are prophets, but there will remain numerous statements of them saying they do not give out prophesy, and that they are not infallible.

Take my advice. You don't need this stories, Jehovah's witnesses know what they believe and what is funny is when you're trying to tell us what our beliefs are cheesy.
Save yourself the stress of long history. I don't think any of us is interested.
I've given you the explanation to the article you misconstrued. We cannot force you to accept.

People like you will call weather reporter a prophet..Right?
They study the current atmosphere, temperature, humidity and Forecast the weather. Are they Prophet in that sense?
please, let's be civilised.
Jehovah's Witnesses studied the messages in the Bible aswell and gives their surmises .They even made it known that neither governing Body nor any other person today is a divinely inspired prophet.

So many times the 'weather forecasters' failed in their predictions. Can we call them a failed Prophets too?

Certainly, the reason why you keep saying that we consider ourselves prophets is that you wish we had that belief so that you could easily demonstrate that we are wrong.Nahhhh

1 Like

Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Prophets? by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:05am On Jul 17, 2021
thorpido:
Are you saying this kind of knowledge has ceased?It's revelational knowledge.Are you saying Christians today don't have that knowledge?
When Paul said those GIFTS will cease of course he was talking to true Christians not faithless religionists!
Note that Jesus said:
Not every one that saith unto me, "Lord, Lord", shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, "Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?" And then will I profess unto them, "I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity" Matthew 7:21-23

So faithless religionists claiming Christians will continue parading and deceiving themselves with demonic signs for sure {Revelations 16:14-16} but they will not be able to produce the FRUIT befitting God's people having the spirit {Matthew 7:16-18} all you will notice in their midst is the deceptive signs {Matthew 24:24-25} but godliness will be absent in their gathering! 2 Timothy 3:5

For instance false religionists will fail in their gathering to promote LOVE, JOY, PEACE, PATIENCE, GOODNESS, GENTLENESS, FAITH, MILDNESS and SELF-CONTROL {Galatians 5:22-23} but you will continue noticing signs of all sorts yet there will be contradictions everywhere while they're all claiming it's the same God that's using them! embarassed

INIQUITY simply means LAWLESSNESS and that is the WORK you'll see in the gathering of faithless religionists! Matthew 7:23 smiley
Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Prophets? by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:22am On Jul 17, 2021
eomajeh:
JW commonly say that unlike most religious organizations, they acknowledge their error. As you [Haddeylium] said “we are prepared to change if we find out we were incorrect”. Is this really true??
You're mixing the whole thing here Sir! undecided
Let's enlighten ourselves over this issue. When you TEACH YOUR CHILDREN something (please note the point of emphasis is your own children) but you later discovered that there are some mistakes in your narratives do you take to the streets shouting "ERROR! ERROR!!" Of course not! Rather you'll call your own children to yourself and readjust the narrative.
That's what the WATCHTOWER always do.
For instance before the year 1926 the Bible students do celebrate the birth of Christ along with other religions so when they discovered this is not scriptural they stopped. You should know that such changes will surely lead to a mass protest by many Christmas lovers, and they did left the organization to pitch their tent elsewhere but where are they today? undecided

Did you know that when addressing the failure of the 1914 prophecy/ surmising, the book which was the official history of the JW organization (Jehovah’s Witnesses in the Divine Purpose) says in page 52: “There is no doubt that many throughout this period were overzealous in their statements as to what could be expected. Some read into the Watchtower statements that were never intended…” Haddeylium, that is not acknowledgement of error, but an effort to push the blame on others by saying that any strong expectations or dogmatic claims were the responsibility of the readers.

Let's visualize what happened during the time Jesus walked the earth. This Wonderful Counselor {Isaiah 9:6} was teaching his disciples and when he began using figurative speeches {Matthew 13:13} they all got confused. So what happened next? There was a massive breakaway in the camp and majority decided never to follow him again! John 6:61-66
But what did the wise ones (12 Apostles) do? They remained standing, and when Jesus asked them why they didn't go along with the others {John 6:67} Peter said:
“Lord, whom shall we go away to? You have sayings of everlasting life. We have believed and have come to know that you are the Holy One of God" John 6:68-69
The Bible students knew very well that neither Russell nor Rutherford owns the instructions they're getting rather it's their invisible Master, Lord and King (Jesus Christ) whose presence they began feeling from the year 1914. Jesus has not changed {Hebrews 13:8} so if those acting as his faithful and discreet slave {Matthew 24:45} should say "there's been a mistake" surely it's not Jesus' fault but that of his representatives who needs more time to fully grasp what the master is saying before dispensing! smiley

In the foreword of the book “The Time Is At Hand”, do you know how the JW addressed the failure of the 1914 failure?
They said the thought was presented that the Lord’s saints was expected to be with HIM in glory, but the Lord overruled it for the blessing of HIS people. It added that the 1914 time prediction” had a very stimulating and sanctifying effect upon thousands. All of whom can praise the Lord – even for the mistake”. It continued that “many can be thankful to the Lord that 1914 did not mark the end as expected, as that gives further opportunities of perfecting holiness.
Haddeylium, is that a frank and honest admission of error? DENY IT AS YOU MAY, BUT IT IS NOT because (i) first, they blamed God for overruling the false predictions (ii) then the moved to find merit in the false predictions.
Hmmmmm i disagree with you Sir, Jesus did compared his presence to what happened during the time of Jonah! Matthew 12:40

No one knew for sure why Jesus referred to Jonah in connection to how we should expect things to turn out. If what happened in the days of Jonah is anything to go buy Jonah was certain of what God told him about the destruction of Nineveh but did God fulfilled what he said exactly the time he promised to destroy that City?
NO!
Jonah was annoyed with God saying God has made him look stupid in the eyes of everyone for not destroying Nineveh as foretold. Jonah was only concerned about his own vindication as a true prophet going by what was written in the Bible book of Deuteronomy 18:21-22. So Jonah was vehemently annoyed with God! angry

But was Jonah a false prophet according to Deuteronomy 18:21-22?
Did God truly send him to go and proclaim the divine judgment on Nineveh?
Why did God change His mind?

Well God humbly told Jonah later the reason why He didn't destroy the City as foretold!

If truly God had destroyed wicked people back then in 1914 where will the millions from every tribe and nation globally praising His name throughout the earth today be?
Jehovah was so happy and proud of these ones to the extent that he began calling them by another name 17 years after 1914 in 1931!
Remember these are supposed to be part of the wicked ones who should have been slain by the angel of destruction so JEHOVAH is proud to call them by his own name:

"JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES" Isaiah 65:15
Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Prophets? by achorladey: 7:59am On Jul 17, 2021
eomajeh:

However, these statements that JWs do not prophesy are empty (and dishonest). This is because:
(i) they put out their speculations (or surmising) as forcefully as the prophecies of any “prophets”. Just look at my earlier comment for some of the statements made when they were pushing the 1914 date as the end of the world’s systems.
How do you say you are not giving out prophecy when you say that the date you are pushing is “God’s date, not ours”?
(ii) the source of the speculations (or surmising) represent itself as God’s only true channel of communication – the only channel through which God provides his children on earth “meat in due season”
How do you say you are not giving out prophecy when you say you are a god-directed source, and that what you are pushing is God’s divinely provided meat in due season?
(iii) the source of the speculations (surmising) represents those who doubt the speculation as being spiritually weak and without faith.
How do you say you are not giving out prophesy when you call out my spiritually and faith for refusing to accept your speculations?

So dear Janosky, even if the 1972 watchtower is dismissed; and even with the numerous quotations that the JWs have made about them not prophesying, it is clear to all that want to see. Those statements about them not prophesying are just disclaimers. That is, when the JWs “prophesies” fail, they can point to those statements and say “we didn’t say we are prophets. We didn’t say we are infallible”. That is only being clever (albeit dishonestly).

When the person who created the thread quoted a magazine of theirs that supported the agenda he wants to propagate whatever he intended and shut his eyes out of others that do not dance to his tune.

Imagine someone using the word God's Date, not ours grin grin. The same organisation that believe that no gifts of prophecy still went ahead to call themselves prophet and were dishing out GOD'S DATE.

Should we ask them now where they get 1914 as God's date in the Bible or which particular scripture says Jesus invisible presence started in 1914. The prophet grin grin go start to talk.

2 Likes

Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Prophets? by achorladey: 8:19am On Jul 17, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

You're mixing the whole thing here Sir! undecided
Let's enlighten ourselves over this issue. When you TEACH YOUR CHILDREN something (please note the point of emphasis is your own children) but you later discovered that there are some mistakes in your narratives do you take to the streets shouting "ERROR! ERROR!!" Of course not! Rather you'll call your own children to yourself and readjust the narrative.
That's what the WATCHTOWER always do.
For instance before the year 1926 the Bible students do celebrate the birth of Christ along with other religions so when they discovered this is not scriptural they stopped. You should know that such changes will surely lead to a mass protest by many Christmas lovers, and they did left the organization to pitch their tent elsewhere but where are they today? undecided

Let's visualize what happened during the time Jesus walked the earth. This Wonderful Counselor {Isaiah 9:6} was teaching his disciples and when he began using figurative speeches {Matthew 13:13} they all got confused. So what happened next? There was a massive breakaway in the camp and majority decided never to follow him again! John 6:61-66
But what did the wise ones (12 Apostles) do? They remained standing, and when Jesus asked them why they didn't go along with the others {John 6:67} Peter said:
“Lord, whom shall we go away to? You have sayings of everlasting life. We have believed and have come to know that you are the Holy One of God" John 6:68-69
The Bible students knew very well that neither Russell nor Rutherford owns the instructions they're getting rather it's their invisible Master, Lord and King (Jesus Christ) whose presence they began feeling from the year 1914. Jesus has not changed {Hebrews 13:8} so if those acting as his faithful and discreet slave {Matthew 24:45} should say "there's been a mistake" surely it's not Jesus' fault but that of his representatives who needs more time to fully grasp what the master is saying before dispensing! smiley

Hmmmmm i disagree with you Sir, Jesus did compared his presence to what happened during the time of Jonah! Matthew 12:40

No one knew for sure why Jesus referred to Jonah in connection to how we should expect things to turn out. If what happened in the days of Jonah is anything to go buy Jonah was certain of what God told him about the destruction of Nineveh but did God fulfilled what he said exactly the time he promised to destroy that City?
NO!
Jonah was annoyed with God saying God has made him look stupid in the eyes of everyone for not destroying Nineveh as foretold. Jonah was only concerned about his own vindication as a true prophet going by what was written in the Bible book of Deuteronomy 18:21-22. So Jonah was vehemently annoyed with God! angry

Did God truly send him to go and proclaim the divine judgment on Nineveh?
Why did God change His mind?

Well God humbly told Jonah later the reason why He didn't destroy the City as foretold!

If truly God had destroyed wicked people back then in 1914 where will the millions from every tribe and nation globally praising His name throughout the earth today be?
Jehovah was so proud of these ones to the extent that he began calling them by another name. Remember these are supposed to be part of the wicked ones who should have been slain by the angel of destruction so JEHOVAH is proud to call them by his own name:

"JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES" Isaiah 65:15

some mistakes in your narratives do you take to the streets shouting "ERROR! ERROR!!" Of course not! Rather you'll call your own children to yourself and readjust the narrative.
That's what the WATCHTOWER always do

What you have forgotten is that those NARRATIVES your Jesus' representatives teach you who are their children didn't stay with you their children alone. They sent you their children out to the other children and other Jesus' representatives grin to tell them that if they don't listen to you their children they will die in ARMAGEDDON and you even lambasted the children of others as been child of the DEVIL should they fail to heed what your Jesus' representatives told you.

Now when your Jesus' representatives found out their are mistakes and error in their NARRATIVE they recall you their children quietly and readjust their narratives and still have the authority to send you their children out to keep calling the children of others all sorts of things after the initial mistakes and errors of which is still in existence up till today grin grin

The Bible students knew very well that neither Russell nor Rutherford owns the instructions they're getting rather it's their invisible Master, Lord and King (Jesus Christ) whose presence they began feeling from the year 1914. Jesus has not changed {Hebrews 13:8} so if those acting as his faithful and discreet slave {Matthew 24:45} should say "there's been a mistake" surely it's not Jesus' fault but that of his representatives who needs more time to fully grasp what the master is saying before dispensing!

Where in the scripture Jesus ever said his invisible presence started in 1914. That is not Jesus' instructions. So your Jesus Christ has not changed is of no use when he didn't ever mention anything related to 1914 and you admitted Jesus representatives are the problem who advanced DATES right in the presence of
of Jesus words that no one knows the date the hour or the time not to talk of years and you will keep lambasting the others who say they are representative of Jesus too. Had 1914 come and all what your representative propagated happened the mouth no go change as you and your representatives are doing grin

No one knew for sure why Jesus referred to Jonah in connection to how we should expect things to turn out.

What in particular in Jonah 12:40 or what?

If what happened in the days of Jonah is anything to go buy Jonah was certain of what God told him about the destruction of Nineveh but did.

God was dealing directly with Jonah and not some set of people who believed gift of prophecy has ceased and still went ahead to prophesy.

God fulfilled what he said exactly the time he promised to destroy that City?

NO!

And you want to tell us you don't know why God didn't abi?

Jonah was annoyed with God saying God has made him look stupid in the eyes of everyone for not destroying Nineveh as foretold. Jonah was only concerned about his own vindication as a true prophet going by what was written in the Bible book of Deuteronomy 18:21-22. So Jonah was vehemently annoyed with God

In essence your representatives were seeking their OWN GLORY when they started setting dates on God's date. It is clear.

Did God truly send him to go and proclaim the divine judgment on Nineveh? Why did God change His mind?

Question had no bearing on this discussion here. You were never sent by God to propagate 1914 and comparing your representative to Jonah is as good as saying your representative are prophets which you and your brothers are denying.

1 Like

Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Prophets? by achorladey: 8:55am On Jul 17, 2021
haddeylium:

Take my advice. You don't need this stories, Jehovah's witnesses know what they believe and what is funny is when you're trying to tell us what our beliefs are cheesy.
Save yourself the stress of long history. I don't think any of us is interested.
I've given you the explanation to the article you misconstrued. We cannot force you to accept.

They study the current atmosphere, temperature, humidity and Forecast the weather. Are they Prophet in that sense?
Jehovah's Witnesses studied the messages in the Bible aswell and gives their surmises .They even made it known that neither governing Body nor any other person today is a divinely inspired prophet.

So many times the 'weather forecasters' failed in their predictions. Can we call them a failed Prophets too?

Certainly, the reason why you keep saying that we consider ourselves prophets is that you wish we had that belief so that you could easily demonstrate that we are wrong.Nahhhh

You know Jesus called the Pharisees who can discern the weather, time and season PROPHETS too grin grin grin

Meteorologist and prophet in the same sentence.

At least weather forecaster won't come to your personal TV screen to say."This weather report is from Jehovah himself" But when your representative said it is God's date not ours they forget they are just ordinary weather forecaster.

1 Like

Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Prophets? by achorladey: 9:04am On Jul 17, 2021
Janosky:

Over 2000 years ago, Jesus preached ,"the kingdom of God is at hand" , even last year.
Bros, what of this very year,2021? Is the kingdom at hand?

In most ways Jehovah’s Witnesses are like everyone else. They have normal problems—economic, physical, emotional. They make mistakes at times, for they are not perfect, inspired, or infallible. But they try to learn from their experiences and diligently study the Bible to make needed corrections. They have made a dedication to God to do his will, and they apply themselves to fulfill this dedication. In all their activities they seek guidance from God’s Word and his holy spirit.

Jesus Christ called the disciples "senseless" @ Luke 24:25-27.
Bros, why ?
Luke 24:21, the disciples predicted Jesus will redeem Isreal from Roman oppression.
Did their prediction come to pass?

Have you ever criticize the failed prediction of your gods of men/Pastorpreneurs?
One of them claims he drank tea with his deity , you have never questioned him to prove his claims were actually true, you still call him with High sounding titles,
grin grin grin

Bros, remove the rafters in your eyes before you can check the specks in JWs. grin

Have you ever criticize the failed prediction of your gods of men/Guardians of Our Doctrines aka Governing Body?

Reality tells you members of those of other Christian denominations do it. While we await the day you(Janosky) do it and that is the day you become as your religious leaders love to put it you become MENTALLY DISEASED grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Prophets? by thorpido(m): 9:42am On Jul 17, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

When Paul said those GIFTS will cease of course he was talking to true Christians not faithless religionists!
Note that Jesus said:
Not every one that saith unto me, "Lord, Lord", shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, "Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?" And then will I profess unto them, "I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity" Matthew 7:21-23

So faithless religionists claiming Christians will continue parading and deceiving themselves with demonic signs for sure {Revelations 16:14-16} but they will not be able to produce the FRUIT befitting God's people having the spirit {Matthew 7:16-18} all you will notice in their midst is the deceptive signs {Matthew 24:24-25} but godliness will be absent in their gathering! 2 Timothy 3:5

For instance false religionists will fail in their gathering to promote LOVE, JOY, PEACE, PATIENCE, GOODNESS, GENTLENESS, FAITH, MILDNESS and SELF-CONTROL {Galatians 5:22-23} but you will continue noticing signs of all sorts yet there will be contradictions everywhere while they're all claiming it's the same God that's using them! embarassed

INIQUITY simply means LAWLESSNESS and that is the WORK you'll see in the gathering of faithless religionists! Matthew 7:23 smiley
When Jesus said not every one that said unto me,Lord Lord shall enter into the Kingdom of God ,do you understand that English?
It means some will say and they will enter and others will say and will not enter!
If He said many will say we have prophesied in His name and have cast out devils and done wonderful works,it means some will indeed prophesy and do wonderful works and ENTER!
You need to read the Bible right(most importantly the English construct).
The fact that prophesy ceased(or did not even exist) with this 'true Christians' you talk about does not mean God (True God) is not using some to prophesy and do wonderful works.

1 Like

Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Prophets? by eomajeh: 9:48am On Jul 17, 2021
haddeylium:

No, I will not call weather forecasters prophets because:
(i) they do not say the forecasts are "God's forecast, not theirs"
(ii) they do not claim that they are God's only channel of communication and that their forecasts are God's provided meat in due season for mankind
(iii) they do not represent people who do not accept their forecast as spiritually weak and lacking in faith

If weather forecasters do the above-listed, then they are very well representing themselves as prophets

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Rape In The Bible / Christians: I See Vivid Things When I Close My Eyes Before/after/during Prayer / TEN QUESTIONS That Christians Can Never Answer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 194
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.