Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,338 members, 7,808,194 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:28 AM

Are Jehovah's Witnesses Prophets? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are Jehovah's Witnesses Prophets? (5964 Views)

Are Jehovah Witness People Real Christians? / Are Jehovah's Witnesses Tied To Freemasons? / Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Prophets? by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:17pm On Jul 18, 2021
So you only LIED! undecided
Well i'll convey your message to Preciousgirl she needs to bear this! smiley

Emusan:

Running away from your post what a comic part!

I still maintain my word, you once promoted a pyramid scheme on this platform with your deleted moniker(and I'm very sure it's one of the reasons you deleted that moniker)... You can hang yourself if you like!

When you're done, answer my questions, if not park well for a another person to take the challenge.

1 Like

Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Prophets? by Emusan(m): 2:19pm On Jul 18, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Of course!
But in our midst they don't add their spiritual responsibility to their names in the public {Matthew 23:8} so only within that we know the GIFT in each of them! smiley

Can you see people with the same line of thought cheesy cheesy cheesy

So what is the essence of this thread if you agree that there's actually PROPHET among Jehovah's witnesses? When lies can't be defend anymore
Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Prophets? by Emusan(m): 2:22pm On Jul 18, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
So you only LIED! undecided
Well i'll convey your message to Preciousgirl she needs to bear this! smiley

Looking for who to join with their lies

You've repeated that many times, so bringing it here won't stop me from addressing the topic.

If not for guilty conscience, you won't be using that as a tactics to derail a thread.
Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Prophets? by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:27pm On Jul 18, 2021
The supernatural GIFTS is what the OP meant not natural human capabilities that's found in men which our God saw before calling them to come and use in his congregation!

There are supernatural GIFTS that God gave people in the past, after the purpose has been accomplished such GIFTS will cease {1Corinthians 13:8-10} this differs from natural human capabilities that's inborn.

So get it straight Sir! smiley

Emusan:

Can you see people with the same line of thought cheesy cheesy cheesy
So what is the essence of this thread if you agree that there's actually PROPHET among Jehovah's witnesses? When lies can't be defend anymore
Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Prophets? by eomajeh: 2:46pm On Jul 18, 2021
haddeylium:

Good!
You grabbed my point!
I'll not call Jehovah's witnesses are prophet also because
They never claim that they bring their surmises 'In the name of Jehovah'
They never claimed that they are inspired or their articles and surmises are inspired. They're are just giving out their understanding of their study in the Bible.
They are acknowledge that they're infallible and their surmises might be wrong also.

Now, you understand?
Have a great day

How do you say they never claim that they bring their surmises "in the name of Jehovah", when they called the 1914 date they pushed "God's date, not ours"? Are you saying that they should have said we bring this 1914 date to you in the name of Jehovah?

How do you say they never claimed to be inspired when they said they are modern-day Ezekiel? Or are you saying ancient Ezekiel was just giving out his understanding?

How do you say they never claimed to be inspired when they say the "sayings" come from God's only channel of communication to mankind, and it's God's provision of meat in due season"?

How do you say they "acknowledge that their surmises may go wrong" when they represent those who do not accept those surmising as spiritually weak and lacking in faith?

2 Likes

Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Prophets? by Emusan(m): 2:51pm On Jul 18, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
The supernatural GIFTS is what the OP meant not natural human capabilities that's found in men which our God saw before calling them to come and use in his congregation!

That's nice!

So all the claim of being guided by Holy Spirit, Jehovah himself, Jesus Christ are just NATURAL HUMAN CAPABILITY of the leaders of JWs.

That's why you can't address my questions.

What is the difference between SUPERNATURAL GIFT and being QUIDED BY HOLY SPIRIT, JEHOVAH, OR JESUS CHRIST?

There are supernatural GIFTS that God gave people in the past, after the purpose has been accomplished such GIFTS will cease {1Corinthians 13:8-10}

If not because you're a clown, I was force to use that caustic word.

You're the very one who claimed "But in our midst they don't add their spiritual responsibility..."

This supernatural responsibilities is when you admitted that there're still PROPHET TODAY as Jesus said.

Now only to spew another thrash

this differs from natural human capabilities that's inborn.

So being a PROPHET is human human capabilities that's inborn, seriously you need to check the nut that loosen up there.

So get it straight Sir! smiley

Nothing to get here, it's obvious your brother made a very nasty mistake for creating this thread which you people are fighting tooth and nail to defend.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Prophets? by achorladey: 4:21pm On Jul 18, 2021
eomajeh:

How do you say they never claim that they bring their surmises "in the name of Jehovah", when they called the 1914 date they pushed "God's date, not ours"? Are you saying that they should have said we bring this 1914 date to you in the name of Jehovah?

How do you say they never claimed to be inspired when they said they are modern-day Ezekiel? Or are you saying ancient Ezekiel was just giving out his understanding?

How do you say they never claimed to be inspired when they say the "sayings" come from God's only channel of communication to mankind, and it's God's provision of meat in due season"?

How do you say they "acknowledge that their surmises may go wrong" when they represent those who do not accept those surmising as spiritually weak and lacking in faith?

He keep suppressing the evidence before his eyes. He entangled himself into whatever he cannot defend the moment he added his organisation leaders and members words or saying are like those of WEATHER FORECASTER.

E get as e be for am.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Prophets? by achorladey: 4:24pm On Jul 18, 2021
Emusan:

That's nice!

So all the claim of being guided by Holy Spirit, Jehovah himself, Jesus Christ are just NATURAL HUMAN CAPABILITY of the leaders of JWs.

What is the difference between SUPERNATURAL GIFT and being QUIDED BY HOLY SPIRIT, JEHOVAH, OR JESUS CHRIST?

You're the very one who claimed "But in our midst they don't add their spiritual responsibility..."

This supernatural responsibilities is when you admitted that there're still PROPHET TODAY as Jesus said.

So being a PROPHET is human human capabilities that's inborn, seriously you need to check the nut that loosen up there.

Nothing to get here, it's obvious your brother made a very nasty mistake for creating this thread which you people are fighting tooth and nail to defend.

The last point is simple enough to understand.

Jehovah's witnesses are weather forecaster grin grin blunder upon blunder.

Make dem ask the OP how I arrived at the information above.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Prophets? by haddeylium(m): 7:20pm On Jul 18, 2021
paulGrundy:

But your watchtower is saying that Jehovah's witnesses is a prophet and the issue I quoted emphatically stated that one of the duties of the prophet is to declare things to come. Whom should I believe? You or the watchtower?

Now re-read with emphasis on the highlighted.

[/img]

That you missed my explanation about this in the second OP post and one of my replies is something
Here we go again answering the same question.

Scripturally,A prophet is a person who receives specific messages from God by supernatural means (such as visions, dreams, the visit of an angel).
That's the definition of a Prophet people are familiar with. Actually the definition is wider!
In that sense, JWs are not Prophet!

Another definition of a prophet is someone that proclaim God's prophetic messages from the Bible. The share the already stated messages in the Bible.

Actually, it is an article in a 1972 Watchtower you misconstrued.
If you check the article, you can notice that we are compared with “prophets” (in inverted commas, mind you) metaphorically, because we publicly proclaim God’s message. Only that that message is the one in the Bible, not a personal divine revelation.

Today the organisation of Jehovah’s Witnesses act like a prophet in that we proclaim an old message, one that was written down in the pages of the Bible. We spread nothing new. The message is both one of good news of better times ahead as well as a warning message. This is similar to the roll that prophet Ezekiel had.
We have never made any false predictions. What we have been guilty of is misunderstanding some of the prophecies that relate to the “end times”

No member of the JWs wake up and said 'Oh! I had a dream and God reveals that..... blah blah ..." Yeah, that would be laughable because our belief is that such gift ends with the apostles.
But, those surmises are what they gave after Group study if the Bible and already stated prophecies in it. At that, they stated in their publications that

Jehovah’s Witnesses do not claim to be inspired prophets. They have made mistakes. Like the apostles of Jesus Christ, they have at times had some wrong expectations.
https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1101989228
Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Prophets? by haddeylium(m): 7:29pm On Jul 18, 2021
@eomajeh and others that mentioned me earlier
Prophesying as the prophets of old did is one thing; trying to understand what has already been prophesied by them is another.

Jehovah's are guilty of having wrong expectation in those already stated prophecy in attempt to understand them Just like spirit-led Jesus' apostles. cheesy

I agree with the points you have here
Despite being directed by Jesus and the Holy Spirit, the apostles were still guilty of having wrong expectations…

While they were listening to these things, he told another illustration, because he was near Jerusalem and they thought that the Kingdom of God was going to appear instantly. (Lu 19:11)

So when they had assembled, they asked him: “Lord, are you restoring the kingdom to Israel at this time?” (Acts 1:6)

If the spirit-directed followers of Jesus Christ could reason inaccurately. Then surely an imperfect organization that openly admits they are not inspired prophets should be allowed to have the same inaccurate reasoning and wrong expectations as well.

However, these faithful men adjusted their reasoning when they came to accurate knowledge of God's word that Jesus was teaching them
. Likewise Jehovah's witnesses are willing to adjust and change in our effort to pursue the same truth and arrive at the same destination of accurate knowledge.
Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Prophets? by thorpido(m): 7:59pm On Jul 18, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Of course!
But in our midst they don't add their spiritual responsibility to their names in the public {Matthew 23:8} so only within that we know the GIFT in each of them! smiley
Haddeylium argues there are no more prophets today.
Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Prophets? by RussellRutherfo: 8:49pm On Jul 18, 2021
haddeylium:
Many people claimed that JWs do not believe in the gift of prophesy as seen today and they also say that JWs are false prophets because they suppossedly have prophesied things that didn’t happen. Yea, this inconsistencies do not flow together.
Out of fairness to the honesthearted people that might be interested in answer, let's examine the facts more closely.

Are Jehovah's Witnesses prophets?

The simple answer is NO!
Never have we claimed to giving out a prophesy ‘in the name of Jehovah'. Infact many of our official journal have said the following;

"We have not the gift of prophecy.” (January 1883, page 425)

“Nor would we have our writings reverenced or regarded as infallible.” (December 15, 1896, page 306)

And Our Watchtower article, however having Jehovah's holyspirit -;

does not mean those now serving as Jehovah’s witnesses are inspired. It does not mean that the writings in this magazine The Watchtower are inspired and infallible and without mistakes.” (May 15, 1947, page 157)

“The Watchtower does not claim to be inspired in its utterances, nor is it dogmatic.” (August 15, 1950, page 263)

“The brothers preparing these publications are not infallible. Their writings are not inspired as are those of Paul and the other Bible writers.-2 Timothy 3:16 And so, at times, it has been necessary, as understanding became clearer, to correct views. Proverbs 4:18 ”​—February 15, 1981, page 19.

Closer examination shows that never once has the Jehovah’s Witnesses organization claimed to be prophets.

But? Why do people call them a Failed prophets? Do they want to make them one so they can use that adjective? Have they prophesied wrongly in the past?

This Arian Heretical Cult that claims to be Christians when it suits and claims not to be when it doesn't suit them.

What exactly are aiming at with this post?

Deny as usual many of your false prophecies and predictions?!!

Make we start to dey roll film.
Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Prophets? by RussellRutherfo: 8:52pm On Jul 18, 2021
haddeylium:

That you missed my explanation about this in the second OP post and one of my replies is something

Scripturally,A prophet is a person who receives specific messages from God by supernatural means (such as visions, dreams, the visit of an angel).
That's the definition of a Prophet people are familiar with. Actually the definition is wider!

Another definition of a prophet is someone that proclaim God's prophetic messages from the Bible. The share the already stated messages in the Bible.

If you check the article, you can notice that we are compared with “prophets” (in inverted commas, mind you) metaphorically, because we publicly proclaim God’s message. Only that that message is the one in the Bible, not a personal divine revelation.

Today the organisation of Jehovah’s Witnesses act like a prophet in that we proclaim an old message, one that was written down in the pages of the Bible. We spread nothing new. The message is both one of good news of better times ahead as well as a warning message. This is similar to the roll that prophet Ezekiel had.
We have never made any false predictions. What we have been guilty of is misunderstanding some of the prophecies that relate to the “end times”

No member of the JWs wake up and said 'Oh! I had a dream and God reveals that..... blah blah ..." Yeah, that would be laughable because our belief is that such gift ends with the apostles.
But, those surmises are what they gave after Group study if the Bible and already stated prophecies in it. At that, they stated in their publications that

Jehovah’s Witnesses do not claim to be inspired prophets. They have made mistakes. Like the apostles of Jesus Christ, they have at times had some wrong expectations.

The Holy Spirit will condemn you people. Always trying to lie that WatchTower Babble Crap and Tracts Selling Real Estate Corporation made false prophecies mistakes like the Apostles.

Show me in the Bible where Apostle Peter and the rest of them where mentioning specific dates like 1914, 1975, etcetera.
Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Prophets? by haddeylium(m): 8:53pm On Jul 18, 2021
RussellRutherfo:

This Arian Heretical Cult that claims to be Christians when it suits and claims not to be when it doesn't suit them.

What exactly are aiming at with this post?

Deny as usual many of your false prophecies and predictions?!!

Make we start to dey roll film.

Thank you for your comments.
I'm only clear some common misconception about us. I don't debate individuals personal opinion.
Since yours isn't related to the topic. I'll pass cheesy

Have a great day
Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Prophets? by RussellRutherfo: 8:55pm On Jul 18, 2021
eomajeh:

JWs are children of Satan.

They record one thing in the morning in their publications.

By night time. They change what they recorded and start trying to mop up all their publications so many won't see their lies.

They are like another side coin of false cults like Islam that repeatedly make effort to deny their records while throwing misinterpreted verses in your face to deceive the itchy ears gullible people.
Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Prophets? by RussellRutherfo: 8:58pm On Jul 18, 2021
Emusan:

That's nice!

Don't blame him. Anyone would be confused when their employer, the Governing Body gives one tract in the morning to cram and sell and by night time. The employer of this WatchTower Babble Crap and Tracts Selling Real Estate Society will give them another tract to cram and sell saying another thing. It can be confusing for them having to deny all that record of lies.
Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Prophets? by RussellRutherfo: 9:01pm On Jul 18, 2021
haddeylium:

Thank you for your comments.
I'm only clear some common misconception about us. I don't debate individuals personal opinion.
Since yours isn't related to the topic. I'll pass cheesy

Have a great day

grin grin
Such a coward.
What misconception are you clearing except regurgitate the propaganda lies of the Governing Body to hoodwink gullible folks while refusing to address the lies in your Organization's recorded history.

Make we no start dey drop una lying records on a back to back thing.

Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Prophets? by haddeylium(m): 9:04pm On Jul 18, 2021
RussellRutherfo:

Show me in the Bible where Apostle Peter and the rest of them where mentioning specific dates like 1914, 1975, etcetera.

You cannot expect that I should have the same belief and knowledge as you do. However, I respect yours even though I don't agree with them. There are thousands of religions with different teachings and Jehovah's witnesses is among them.
You shouldn't get emotional that their teachings differs from yours.

1914 was a surmise they gave after extensive study of the Bible chronology and the world condition in accordance to the already stated prophesy in the Bible. Yes! They did had a wrong expectation but that date was/is significant.

Yes! The Spirit led apostles about also had a wrong expectation as Jehovah witnesses in their eagerness to witness God's kingdom.
they thought that the Kingdom of God was going to appear instantly. (Lu 19:11)
they're also expecting the restoration of God's kingdom at their time?” (Acts 1:6)

But none of this happened.

However, these faithful men adjusted their understanding of what Jesus was teaching and finally came to an accurate knowledge of truth.
We also are willing to adjust and change in our an effort to pursue the same truth and arrive at the same destination of accurate knowledge.

Have a great day
Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Prophets? by haddeylium(m): 9:09pm On Jul 18, 2021
RussellRutherfo:

grin grin
Such a coward.
What misconception are you clearing except regurgitate the propaganda lies of the Governing Body to hoodwink gullible folks while refusing to address the lies in your Organization's recorded history.

Make we no start dey drop una lying records on a back to back thing.

Oh! I just noticed your moniker
You must be fan wink
Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Prophets? by RussellRutherfo: 9:17pm On Jul 18, 2021
haddeylium:

You cannot expect that I should have the same belief and knowledge as you do. However, I respect yours even though I don't agree with them. There are thousands of religions with different teachings and Jehovah's witnesses is among them.
You shouldn't get emotional that their teachings differs from yours.

1914 was a surmise they gave after extensive study of the Bible chronology and the world condition in accordance to the already stated prophesy in the Bible. Yes! They did had a wrong expectation but that date was/is significant.

[s]Yes! The Spirit led about also had a wrong expectation as Jehovah witnesses in their eagerness to witness God's kingdom.
they thought that the Kingdom of God was going to appear instantly. (Lu 19:11)
they're also expecting the restoration of God's kingdom at their time?” (Acts 1:6)[/s]

But none of this happened.

However, these faithful men adjusted their understanding of what Jesus was teaching and finally came to an accurate knowledge of truth.
We also are willing to adjust and change in our an effort to pursue the same truth and arrive at the same destination of accurate knowledge.

Have a great day

Employee Publisher.
May you be forgiven for your lies.

Luke 19:11 NKJV — Now as they heard these things, He spoke another parable, because He was near Jerusalem and because they thought the kingdom of God would appear immediately.

They went about teaching this or they thought?!!

Was Jesus still with them or not?

At this stage where the disciples teachers or still learning by following Jesus about? So when Jesus was teaching them via parable. Did they taught or they thought?!
Do you speak or understand English language very well?! Do you know their difference?

The JW organization when they gave authoritatively with specific dates of 1914, 1975 was Jesus with them and where they teaching this or "thoughting"

Are you not ashamed of telling lies against the Bible just so you can justify the lies of JW organisation. Same Bible verses provided by the same lying Governing Body without apologizing for the false lies that they told.

Acts 1:1-9 NKJV — The former account I made, O Theophilus, of all that Jesus began both to do and teach, until the day in which He was taken up, after He through the Holy Spirit had given commandments to the apostles whom He had chosen, to whom He also presented Himself alive after His suffering by many infallible proofs, being seen by them during forty days and speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God. And being assembled together with them, He commanded them not to depart from Jerusalem, but to wait for the Promise of the Father, “which,” He said, “you have heard from Me; “for John truly baptized with water, but you shall be baptized with the Holy Spirit not many days from now.” Therefore, when they had come together, they asked Him, saying, “Lord, will You at this time restore the kingdom to Israel?” And He said to them, “It is not for you to know times or seasons which the Father has put in His own authority. “But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.” Now when He had spoken these things, while they watched, He was taken up, and a cloud received Him out of their sight.

Lying Publisher. Did the disciples here when Jesus was to ascend back. Did you see them going about giving a certain year that this or that will happen or the Bible you quoted reported here that instead that they were asking Jesus

Where is the false prophecy here like the 1914, 1975 etcetera by JW cult group? Please show me where. Are you sure you read and understand English language very well or the Governing Body script you crammed off their website is what you are pouring verbatim for us. Do you probably think if I show the Greek you might understand as English language seems difficult for you. I forgotten the Governing Body reads the Bible and think for you. Your own as every other JW is only to reparrot whatever they have said grin

1 Like

Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Prophets? by RussellRutherfo: 9:27pm On Jul 18, 2021
haddeylium:

Oh! I just noticed your moniker
You must be fan wink

A fan grin
As per say you lie like that Imbecilic looking Stephen Lett- one of your mediators on Earth.

You compliment yourself too much. grin

You quoted a bunch of twisted verses that doesn't prove that the disciples of Jesus gave false Prophecies all in a bid to tell lies against the Bible to justify the lies and specific dates prophecies of your WatchTower Babble Crap and Tracts Selling Real Estate Society.

grin

1 Like

Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Prophets? by haddeylium(m): 9:37pm On Jul 18, 2021
RussellRutherfo:

A fan grin
As per say you lie like that Imbecilic looking Stephen Lett- one of your mediators on Earth.
grin

Thank you for your time wink
Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Prophets? by MrOmor: 9:51pm On Jul 18, 2021
haddeylium:
@eomajeh and others that mentioned me earlier
Prophesying as the prophets of old did is one thing; trying to understand what has already been prophesied by them is another.

Jehovah's are guilty of having wrong expectation in those already stated prophecy in attempt to understand them Just like spirit-led Jesus' apostles. cheesy

Haddeylium, shey you say Jehovah's Witnesses do not believe they are prophets? No wahala.

Make I gree with you.

When, in that 1972 article, they identified themselves as the prophet that Jehovah has today "to help people, warn them of dangers, and to declare the things to come", they put the word prophet in scare quotes (that is, "prophet"wink to show that they are only compared with prophets.
When they called themselves the modern-day ezekiel, it doesnt mean they are prophets, it simply mean that they are declaring goodnews like ezekiel did.
When they called their 1914 prediction "God's date, not ours", it doesn't mean they are speaking "in the name of God". They were only providing their personal understanding, but cunningly disguised it as God's.
When they represent people who doubt their predictions as spiritually weak and lacking in faith. It doesn't mean that they are infallible. It simply means that even if their predictions are erroneous and could fail, you must accept it "hook, line, and sinker" and fail with it, should it fail.

I think I'm beginning to understand it.

Yes, the JW have never made any false predictions.

When they said the world's systems will end in 1914, and went pushing it down people's throat, no, it wasn't a prediction. It was just an understanding of bible prophecies. So, when the world didn't end in 1914 as they said, it wasn't a false prediction, rather it was just a misunderstanding of some prophecies.
When they said david, isaac, abraham and co will be resurrected in 1925, and even went on to build a mansion for these "ancient worthies"; no, it was not a prediction. Rather it was just an understanding of bible prophecy. So when david and co were not seen on earth in 1925, it wasn't false prediction, rather it was a misunderstanding of some bible prophecies.

I think I understand it now.
Jw have never said they have a dream, vision, etc, where God told them this and that. So how can people say that the JW have given out prophecy at any time?

Please, lets end the discussion. the JW governing body who put forward the surmising are just God's one true channel of communication to mankind, they are not prophets. Why am I just getting this? Those things that come from the JW governing body are not prophecies, they are just God's provisions of meat at its due time which the JW must proclaimed to others.
Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Prophets? by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:36pm On Jul 18, 2021
Emusan you'll get no further answer from me until you apologize for lying against me or show evidence of your accusation!

Emusan:

That's nice!
This supernatural responsibilities is when you admitted that there're still PROPHET TODAY as Jesus said. Now only to spew another thrash
Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Prophets? by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:38pm On Jul 18, 2021
It's because you're not patient enough, we have brothers who are gifted like prophets in our midst but not supernatural rather it's inborn.

thorpido:

Haddeylium argues there are no more prophets today.
Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Prophets? by eomajeh: 10:48pm On Jul 18, 2021
haddeylium:

That cartoon is just the pictorial reality of today. Many People read the Bible to support their own view of worship.
Who's ready to change when the Bible challenge his belief?

I do agree with you that many today read the bible to support their own view of worship. It is the sad reality of the day. However, it is a lesser evil compared to what the JWs do, which is changing the bible to support their belief.

As one example: look up Gen 8:22.

The older New World Translation (what is called the JW bible) reads: "For all the days the earth continues, seed sowing and harvest..." The expression "for all the days the earth continues", which is translated "while the earth remaineth" in the KJV gives the impression of finite existence.
However, the JW do not believe that the earth have a finite existence, but that it will remain forever. So what do the JW do? In the 2015 revision of the NWT, they change the reading of Gen 8: 22 to: "From now on, the earth will never cease to have seed sowing and harvest..."

The expression "from now on" gives the impression of unending existence. Now the bible suit their belief. They did this (change the expression from one that represent the earth as having finite existence to one that represent the earth as having unending existence) despite that the Hebrew expression in the original texts ('erets yowm) literally means "earth days".

It is one thing to read a bible passage and say "this is how it should be understood", it is another thing to change the bible passage to what you understand it to be.

So while one low that most christian religious groups sink to is to interpret bible passages to suit their peculiar beliefs; JW sometimes sink lower by actually changing bible passages to suit their peculiar belief.

Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Prophets? by eomajeh: 10:54pm On Jul 18, 2021
eomajeh:

I do agree with you that many today read the bible to support their own view of worship. It is the sad reality of the day. However, it is a lesser evil compared to what the JWs do, which is changing the bible to support their belief.

As one example: look up Gen 8:22.

The older New World Translation (what is called the JW bible) reads: "For all the days the earth continues, seed sowing and harvest..." The expression "for all the days the earth continues", which is translated "while the earth remaineth" in the KJV gives the impression of finite existence.
However, the JW do not believe that the earth have a finite existence, but that it will remain forever. So what do the JW do? In the 2015 revision of the NWT, they change the reading of Gen 8: 22 to: "From now on, the earth will never cease to have seed sowing and harvest..."

The expression "from now on" gives the impression of unending existence. Now the bible suit their belief. They did this (change the expression from one that represent the earth as having finite existence to one that represent the earth as having unending existence) despite that the Hebrew expression in the original texts ('erets yowm) literally means "earth days".

It is one thing to read a bible passage and say "this is how it should be understood", it is another thing to change the bible passage to what you understand it to be.

So while one low that most christian religious groups sink to is to interpret bible passages to suit their peculiar beliefs; JW sometimes sink lower by actually changing bible passages to suit their peculiar belief.

sorry i digressed from the subject of this thread (which is JWs & prophets). I just couldn't help but drop this when i saw that quote from our dear Haddeylium
Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Prophets? by thorpido(m): 10:54pm On Jul 18, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
It's because you're not patient enough, we have brothers who are gifted like prophets in our midst but not supernatural rather it's inborn.

I don't know what you mean by inborn and not supernatural.John 3:27 says,...'a man can receive nothing except it were given to him from above.'If it was given from above then it is supernatural.
The only prophet who was born that way was John the Baptist who was born with the Holy Spirit while in his mother's womb.
Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Prophets? by paulGrundy(m): 11:09pm On Jul 18, 2021
haddeylium:

Obviously after making consultations, you arrived at the above which I expected you to say earlier on. Am not surprised anyway but am glad we are on track.

Now one question for answer it sincerely from your heart. If had come to you and tell you that the world will end tommorow based on Bible understanding,

1. Would you categorize my statement as a false prediction?

2. What is your criteria for a false prophet?

3. At what point does one makes false predictions?

1 Like

Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Prophets? by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:13pm On Jul 18, 2021
thorpido:

I don't know what you mean by inborn and not supernatural.John 3:27 says,...'a man can receive nothing except it were given to him from above.'If it was given from above then it is supernatural.
The only prophet who was born that way was John the Baptist who was born with the Holy Spirit while in his mother's womb.

The highlighted means the inborn tendency to discern certain hidden things.
For instance in the white garment churches a child who has such inborn tendencies will be trained to become one of their future prophets. They won't wait for God's supernatural GIFTS once they notice the traits in a child they'll start nurturing it from infancy but the supernatural GIFTS comes upon the bearer miraculously even when the person has no such trait.

In the midst of robbers there are some with such inborn traits, they can discern hidden things but does that mean it's God's GIFT? NO! It's the traits in different child so you can train the person to improve in it or kill such trait! smiley
Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Prophets? by achorladey: 7:40am On Jul 19, 2021
paulGrundy:

Obviously after making consultations, you arrived at the above which I expected you to say earlier on. Am not surprised anyway but am glad we are on track.

Now one question for answer it sincerely from your heart. If had come to you and tell you that the world will end tommorow based on Bible understanding,

1. Would you categorize my statement as a false prediction?

2. What is your criteria for a false prophet?

3. At what point does one makes false predictions?

Reckless use of words and terms na their way.

WRONG EXPECTATIONS grin grin grin just to hide whatever they want to hide.

The sad part is those who failed to heed or refuse those teachings get beaten out of their organization and called all sorts of name in later years after revising those teachings those who they have beaten out of the organisation when they get back at them, they(faithful and discreet slave) cry blue murder to Jesus words concerning the evil slaves( those they tagged apostates) beaten the faithful and discreet slaves grin grin grin.

All to save the face of men grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Where Did Cain Got His Wife? / Christians: I See Vivid Things When I Close My Eyes Before/after/during Prayer / Best Church In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 135
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.