Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,506 members, 7,808,860 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:06 PM

Homemade Golden Crescents - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Homemade Golden Crescents (608 Views)

The Making Of A Nairalander’s Homemade Orange Juice(photos) / Homemade Carrot Oil: How To Make Carrot Oil At Home For Hair And Skin / My Homemade Meat Pie Recipe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Homemade Golden Crescents by atnerjennac24(f): 5:48pm On Jul 16, 2021
Homemade Golden Crescents: It smells like the holidays in my kitchen, it smells like yeast rolls! Whenever I smell these rolls baking it, always reminds of the holidays.

Why? Because this is my mother’s homemade rolls recipe. She has been making these rolls for as long as I can remember for Thanksgiving and Christmas. Everyone in my family LOVES these rolls. And you will too!

These rolls are light, buttery, and tender. What’s great about these rolls is that they are no knead. Once you mix the flour mixture, you are done to let the dough rise. Once risen, you divide the dough in half and roll out each half into a circle. Then you cut into 16 pieces to make the crescents.

This is also the part where you add melted butter on top of the dough before you cut them into triangles. You can save some calories on this step by adding less butter. Or you can add more wink.

Once rolled, you can use whatever greased pan you like. I used a half-sized baking sheet. Once they rise, they are good to go in the oven.
Simply delicious!

Homemade Golden Crescents:

Ingredients

• 2 packages active dry yeast
• 3/4 cup warm water (105° to 115°)
• 1/2 cup sugar
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 2 eggs
• 1/2 cup butter, softened (1 stick)
• 4 cups all- purpose flour
• extra melted butter

Instructions

1. Dissolve yeast in warm water, until nice and bubbly, about 10 minutes.
2. Stir in sugar, salt, eggs, butter and 2 cups flour.
3. Beat until smooth. Mix in remaining flour until smooth.
4. Scrape dough from side of bowl.
5. Cover and let rise in warm place until double, about 1 1/2 hours.
6. Divide dough in half. Roll each half into 12-inch circle.
7. Spread with butter and cut into 16 wedges.
8. Roll up each wedge, beginning at rounded edge.
9. Place rolls, with point under, on greased baking sheet.
10. Cover and let rise until double, about 1 hour.
11. Preheat oven 400°F.
12. Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
13. Brush rolls with extra melted butter.

More from Buff Patty

Re: Homemade Golden Crescents by Amely: 5:19pm On Jul 29, 2021
Thanks for this. When I wish to eat home made sweet, I do it. Sometimes I also like ordering bakery from this online store https://www.edelweissbakeryfl.com/ It is a leading online platform to facilitate all kinds of European bakery and food delicacies from the most hygienic and quality delicacy makers.
Re: Homemade Golden Crescents by Wiwwolt: 3:57pm On Aug 04, 2021
Looks really cool! I like bakery in general and I usually cook something if I have time. Sometimes I can buy a cake, there are so cool sweet shops now!
Re: Homemade Golden Crescents by mariahAngel(f): 6:23pm On Aug 04, 2021
I was wondering what crescents were...
Is that another name for croissants?

(1) (Reply)

I Need These Packaging For Foods. / Deleted / How To Make Ise-ewu Authentic Nigeria Goat Head

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.