Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,890 members, 7,802,864 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:59 PM

Boat With 5 Passengers Capsizes In Lagos - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Boat With 5 Passengers Capsizes In Lagos (31509 Views)

Fearless Russian Lady Goes Fishing In A Tiny Boat With Giant Brown Bear (Photos) / Boat Carrying 20 Passengers Capsizes In Lagos, Three Persons Confirmed Dead / 5 Passengers Burnt To Death After Bus Catches Fire While Travelling To Rivers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boat With 5 Passengers Capsizes In Lagos by EdoFirstBorn(m): 6:24pm On Jul 16, 2021
Just yesterday I posted on the thread where a train derailed

I said everything in Nigeria is a death trap and I am sure we will soon be hearing news where these rails Amaechi is building will be having disastrous events.

Why? Because we are corrupt and our standard standards organisation is corrupt .

like a friend said , stop complaining about government if you won't do the right thing
Re: Boat With 5 Passengers Capsizes In Lagos by Nobody: 6:24pm On Jul 16, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar
Too bad....them get luck
Water bodies though....I hate that shit....be it erosion, river, stream, lake, ocean, sea...
It scares the hell out of me.....not to talk of finding myself inside a boat, canoe or ship

Am a land cruiser

short article....still una nor fit read...I dey shame for una
I just dey wonder how many times una fail and write waec....especially English....comprehension passage and answer

The guy na idiot
Re: Boat With 5 Passengers Capsizes In Lagos by CooKeed(m): 6:31pm On Jul 16, 2021
gasparpisciotta:
Halleluyah!!!! No lives was lost

Note: Lagos is an average of 25m above sea level, while places like Taraba is about 1,000m above sea level.

Don’t blame Lagos Govt for flooding, Mother Nature is at work.

The floodwater is not from the lagoon. This is rainwater that cannot flow to the lagoon and sea because of inadequate/blocked drainage. Blame humans, not nature.
Re: Boat With 5 Passengers Capsizes In Lagos by Sweeetheart(m): 6:32pm On Jul 16, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar
Too bad....them get luck
Water bodies though....I hate that shit....be it erosion, river, stream, lake, ocean, sea...
It scares the hell out of me.....not to talk of finding myself inside a boat, canoe or ship

Am a land cruiser

I just dey wonder how many times una fail and write waec....especially English....comprehension passage and answer

I thought you were never scared of death with your post you do repeat here? what has change?
Re: Boat With 5 Passengers Capsizes In Lagos by oyejideogunjumo: 6:33pm On Jul 16, 2021
Bola146:
May God console their families
Console me?
All the five passengers rescued.
No casualty
Praise the Lord for His mercies
Re: Boat With 5 Passengers Capsizes In Lagos by TOPCRUISE(m): 6:45pm On Jul 16, 2021
I don't think it's wiser to board a boat to your destination in Lagos when it is raining
Re: Boat With 5 Passengers Capsizes In Lagos by brightleave(m): 6:45pm On Jul 16, 2021
Re: Boat With 5 Passengers Capsizes In Lagos by SchoolGate: 6:49pm On Jul 16, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar
Too bad....them get luck

Am a land cruiser

cool
Re: Boat With 5 Passengers Capsizes In Lagos by Lamasta(m): 6:54pm On Jul 16, 2021
SchoolGate:
Rest in peace to the dead wink
Go school una no go go now see your life for public grin

Re: Boat With 5 Passengers Capsizes In Lagos by SchoolGate: 6:55pm On Jul 16, 2021
Lamasta:

Go school una no go go now see your life for public grin
grin
Papilo cool
Re: Boat With 5 Passengers Capsizes In Lagos by ThickSharon123(f): 6:58pm On Jul 16, 2021
gasparpisciotta:

Note: Lagos is an average of 25m above sea level, while places like Taraba is about 1,000m above sea level.

Landscape architects can help alleviate the problem. half of Lagos is marsh or wetland, nature will act if she wants to act and no-one can stop her. The only thing is human beings need someone to reduce the issue.
Re: Boat With 5 Passengers Capsizes In Lagos by Oludara202: 6:59pm On Jul 16, 2021
fergie0o1:

SOURCE

Thank God for them , looks like the same one that happened behind our work site here, waterway between falomo and bonny camp.
Re: Boat With 5 Passengers Capsizes In Lagos by gasparpisciotta: 6:59pm On Jul 16, 2021
CooKeed:

The floodwater is not from the lagoon. This is rainwater that cannot flow to the lagoon and sea because of inadequate/blocked drainage. Blame humans, not nature.

Rain water causes the lagoon to rise, therefore once there is excessive rain there is nowhere for the drains to flow to. Remember water always find it’s level.
Re: Boat With 5 Passengers Capsizes In Lagos by gasparpisciotta: 7:01pm On Jul 16, 2021
ThickSharon123:

Landscape architects can help alleviate the problem. half of Lagos is marsh or wetland, nature will act if she wants to act and no-one can stop her. The only thing is human beings need someone to reduce the issue.

Landscaping will only direct the flow of water. Consider a situation where the whole place is flooded with rain water
Re: Boat With 5 Passengers Capsizes In Lagos by Bola146(f): 7:04pm On Jul 16, 2021
Harmattan123:

All passengers have been successfully rescued

Okay
Re: Boat With 5 Passengers Capsizes In Lagos by ThickSharon123(f): 7:06pm On Jul 16, 2021
gasparpisciotta:

Landscaping will only direct the flow of water. Consider a situation where the whole place is flooded with rain water
Yes dear, I don't mean now, I mean in the future, the government should prepare for it. And know how water would be directed back to the sea when flood or raining season arrives.
Re: Boat With 5 Passengers Capsizes In Lagos by drololaaof: 7:10pm On Jul 16, 2021
This is real rescue effort not removing dead bodies and said they rescue. It is good news no life was lost
Re: Boat With 5 Passengers Capsizes In Lagos by Nobody: 7:53pm On Jul 16, 2021
Adlac:
Al-hamdulillah

What does this mean?

Praise to the god(Allah)

What is the name of this Allah(the god)?

Allah is a title which means the god so what is exactly the name of this god?

1 Like

Re: Boat With 5 Passengers Capsizes In Lagos by farem: 8:09pm On Jul 16, 2021
gasparpisciotta:

Please tell them
Re: Boat With 5 Passengers Capsizes In Lagos by ukaface(f): 8:14pm On Jul 16, 2021
SchoolGate:
Rest in peace to the dead wink
rumor carrier
Re: Boat With 5 Passengers Capsizes In Lagos by kyuniii(m): 8:19pm On Jul 16, 2021
DoctorDree:
Death everyday
which death? Please try and read in between the lines next time.
Re: Boat With 5 Passengers Capsizes In Lagos by SchoolGate: 8:19pm On Jul 16, 2021
ukaface:
rumor carrier
Patrick Enyum shut your fucking mouth there
Re: Boat With 5 Passengers Capsizes In Lagos by ukaface(f): 8:34pm On Jul 16, 2021
SchoolGate:

Patrick Enyum shut your fucking mouth there
who be Patrick Enyum??
ABI you want to start another rumor
Re: Boat With 5 Passengers Capsizes In Lagos by Yellowtree: 8:41pm On Jul 16, 2021
Swimming is a life savings skill
Learn it. I can swim. 6 oceans non stop
Re: Boat With 5 Passengers Capsizes In Lagos by Yellowtree: 8:42pm On Jul 16, 2021
lauryy:
“No Cause for Alarm!
“All passengers have been successfully rescued
The fishes will be angry today
Re: Boat With 5 Passengers Capsizes In Lagos by Tommymoi(m): 9:02pm On Jul 16, 2021
Thank God for their lives
ValCon888:
This is the first time I've seen a bad news with a good ending. Happy no one died. The rescue team must be commended for the quick response especially in this rainy season.
Re: Boat With 5 Passengers Capsizes In Lagos by seyz91(m): 9:09pm On Jul 16, 2021
cheesy
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar
Too bad....them get luck

Am a land cruiser

Re: Boat With 5 Passengers Capsizes In Lagos by lordimmaogidi(m): 9:24pm On Jul 16, 2021
Sail On....Nyben (s). The treasure island is sighted...
Re: Boat With 5 Passengers Capsizes In Lagos by notym2chektym: 10:06pm On Jul 16, 2021
Thank God they were safely rescued
Re: Boat With 5 Passengers Capsizes In Lagos by Fortez: 10:10pm On Jul 16, 2021
Jesus
Re: Boat With 5 Passengers Capsizes In Lagos by Samade7: 10:14pm On Jul 16, 2021
Bola146:

Ask google

Werey!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Trailer Crushes People Dead In Imo State (Graphic Photos) / Niger Republic Deports 42 Nigerians / Expansion And Reconstruction Of The Oshodi-Airport Road In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.