Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,835 members, 7,806,350 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:09 PM

Adelabu Street Surulere After A Heavy Rainfall Today - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Adelabu Street Surulere After A Heavy Rainfall Today (67400 Views)

What Bode Thomas Street, Surulere Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) / Refuse Covers Parts Of Surulere After Heavy Rain In Lagos (Viewers Discretion) / Umuocham Road Aba Flooded After Rainfall Today (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adelabu Street Surulere After A Heavy Rainfall Today by Emeka71(m): 11:42pm On Jul 16, 2021
Revolva:

i de tell u i swim today taya ..not only this street other streets in around .....even front of my house the same palava water everywhere it was a sorry sight to behold......

any times it rains heavily....na problem of flood here
And the rain is refusing to fall in Warri.

1 Like

Re: Adelabu Street Surulere After A Heavy Rainfall Today by Nobody: 11:43pm On Jul 16, 2021
My own be sey make Nescafé Dey steady for peeps
Re: Adelabu Street Surulere After A Heavy Rainfall Today by mimee9(f): 11:51pm On Jul 16, 2021
This is small, come and see ikoyi today

2 Likes

Re: Adelabu Street Surulere After A Heavy Rainfall Today by FarahAideed: 11:57pm On Jul 16, 2021
Jackson105:
I am waiting for those fools that will come and say Lagos is overhype. Those that their hopeless village is not even in the map, will open their useless mouth to call Lagos a slum, a city that most part if it is below the sea level.

We saw yesterday on Nairaland front-page how flood took over a large chunk of Germany and Poland cities,flooding can happen anywhere in the world, no matter how plan the city is.

You people need to receive sense

Guy coool down the fact it happened in other better cities don't change the fact Lagos is a really dirty poorly planned mega slum

4 Likes

Re: Adelabu Street Surulere After A Heavy Rainfall Today by West2019(m): 11:57pm On Jul 16, 2021
All the money lagos State are generating then can't even fix a road shame for Tinubu
Re: Adelabu Street Surulere After A Heavy Rainfall Today by executive12: 12:11am On Jul 17, 2021
dangoteinlaw:
Those complaining of lagos being a slum, overhyped, yen yen yen. Pls i haven't seen anyone that's ever sold their properties in lagos and booked the next bus to their village but i ve seen alot of ppl sell their lands and took overnight bus to lagos lol.

in other news, are you with little funds and wondering if it can build you a home and make you a landlord, then lets talk. I want to be your architect

Keep quiet. Lagos is mostly slum. It's an undeniable fact.

1 Like

Re: Adelabu Street Surulere After A Heavy Rainfall Today by Halle000: 12:23am On Jul 17, 2021
Re: Adelabu Street Surulere After A Heavy Rainfall Today by EgunMogaji2: 12:28am On Jul 17, 2021
OP, you most likely waded, instead of swimming wink

1 Like

Re: Adelabu Street Surulere After A Heavy Rainfall Today by akdjr(m): 12:34am On Jul 17, 2021
This is not thinking. You're very correct � Lagos is like an ugly lady with make up and when the make up is washed off you will see the true image. quote author=OVB123 post=103781131]I think lagos state is over hype. Alot still has to be done in that state.[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Adelabu Street Surulere After A Heavy Rainfall Today by fannybaby(f): 1:02am On Jul 17, 2021
Just got home, traffic is mad shocked

1 Like

Re: Adelabu Street Surulere After A Heavy Rainfall Today by Halle000: 1:10am On Jul 17, 2021
Its seem the flood its a global catastrophe. EU and other nations are all witnessing heavy rain and flooding at the same time. check out Germany flood pics.

Re: Adelabu Street Surulere After A Heavy Rainfall Today by Bifwoli: 1:15am On Jul 17, 2021
dangoteinlaw:
Those complaining of lagos being a slum, overhyped, yen yen yen. Pls i haven't seen anyone that's ever sold their properties in lagos and booked the next bus to their village but i ve seen alot of ppl sell their lands and took overnight bus to lagos lol.

in other news, are you with little funds and wondering if it can build you a home and make you a landlord, then lets talk. I want to be your architect
You say that yet we're often told by other Nigerians that slum dwellers in Lagos are people from Benin Republic,Togo ,Niger ,Chad etc. Who's lying to us as outsiders ?
Re: Adelabu Street Surulere After A Heavy Rainfall Today by Ghostmode2two(m): 1:24am On Jul 17, 2021
OVB123:
I think lagos state is over hype. Alot still has to be done in that state.
That is not true after all some major cities in the all over are also experiencing flooding. London, Houton, Texas et all. Effect of global warming
Re: Adelabu Street Surulere After A Heavy Rainfall Today by Doyou2019: 1:30am On Jul 17, 2021
Enudapan:
Nah eh! No qualms
This is so unsophisticated

Ogbeni calm down
Don't even compare this rubbish to what they are facing abroad
Cos if those kind of flood happen here in Nigeria
With our improper irrigation and drainage system

Lagos won't even survive it
Don't compare apples with oranges nah!

For crying out loud
This just few hours of rain nah.
No stream overflow or any accompanying natural disaster oga

You dey mind the uninformed bozos here. Na so dem dey chestbeat ontop Covid too. If no be God ehn....
Re: Adelabu Street Surulere After A Heavy Rainfall Today by fwallex4truth: 1:34am On Jul 17, 2021
Wawelexy:
...... Over hype as in? US, UK, e.t.c also experience this

Even Germany.

1 Like

Re: Adelabu Street Surulere After A Heavy Rainfall Today by Hubofgist(f): 1:37am On Jul 17, 2021
Even water dey the street road sef.,, hmmm
Re: Adelabu Street Surulere After A Heavy Rainfall Today by Nobody: 1:48am On Jul 17, 2021
Wawelexy:
na competition? Any that flooded US or Germany will swallow Surulere.

1 Like

Re: Adelabu Street Surulere After A Heavy Rainfall Today by Rebuke: 2:12am On Jul 17, 2021
This one is still better compared to the one I saw alot of vehicles submerged in the water.

I seriously feel for the owners of those vehicles.

Last last, those cars will be put on sales soon, as " neatly used, accident free cars with complete papers " lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Adelabu Street Surulere After A Heavy Rainfall Today by stayclearofme: 2:58am On Jul 17, 2021
tspun:
Jesussss and one idiot is in the other thread comparing south Africa with Lagos, even with the dirt south Africa is way ahead
We should stop this foolish comparison and accept the fact that Nigeria is a failed state.

And we remain a failed country till we divide this country into southern and Northern Nigeria
Very stupid and childish comment with regards to this topic. Why not keep quiet instead of spewing rubbish?

2 Likes

Re: Adelabu Street Surulere After A Heavy Rainfall Today by stayclearofme: 3:02am On Jul 17, 2021
Enudapan:
Nah eh! No qualms
This is so unsophisticated

Ogbeni calm down
Don't even compare this rubbish to what they are facing abroad
Cos if those kind of flood happen here in Nigeria
With our improper irrigation and drainage system

Lagos won't even survive it
Don't compare apples with oranges nah!

For crying out loud
This just few hours of rain nah.
No stream overflow or any accompanying natural disaster oga
Come and see what only one hour rain is causing in Texas not natural disasters just normal rain. So stop saying what you don't know. Google is your friend.

1 Like

Re: Adelabu Street Surulere After A Heavy Rainfall Today by mukthar2000(m): 3:28am On Jul 17, 2021
Eko oo no baje

Re: Adelabu Street Surulere After A Heavy Rainfall Today by sammyj: 3:45am On Jul 17, 2021
Even Germany of late experience this heavy rainfall/flood!!!
Wawelexy:

2 Likes

Re: Adelabu Street Surulere After A Heavy Rainfall Today by Passionate1(m): 4:08am On Jul 17, 2021
lauryy:
We should Learn to de sue your our government chairman (both the institution and the individual so we can enjoy better service....
Then take action. .it's long overdue. .
Re: Adelabu Street Surulere After A Heavy Rainfall Today by arsenal33: 4:17am On Jul 17, 2021
post=103784347:
This is seriously serious!

Welcome to Lagos : A state of Firsts in everything. Even in flooding!

GOVERNOR Sanwo-Olu, do something biko,
We don't wanna hear stories that touch!
gov snow olu will either stop the rain, or demolish the houses on adelabu st
Re: Adelabu Street Surulere After A Heavy Rainfall Today by Oladiz: 4:34am On Jul 17, 2021
Lagos is working
Re: Adelabu Street Surulere After A Heavy Rainfall Today by Gval123: 4:35am On Jul 17, 2021
my country Nigeria. lolz. country way them suppose tie all the politicians join drum flog their yansh well well. wicked people. The only country for this world way person fit use e own pikin or parent do rituals. aha, watin happen? The British did great evil to the Nigerian people, by granting Nigeria independence. yes. Everybody that agitated for that independence , British suppose send all of them go plantation for Scotland to go day work for farm for the rest of their lives. Na them put us for this problem way we day so
Re: Adelabu Street Surulere After A Heavy Rainfall Today by Lumig: 4:43am On Jul 17, 2021
LET IT RAIN!
Re: Adelabu Street Surulere After A Heavy Rainfall Today by jaxxy(m): 4:59am On Jul 17, 2021
tspun:
Jesussss and one idiot is in the other thread comparing south Africa with Lagos, even with the dirt south Africa is way ahead
We should stop this foolish comparison and accept the fact that Nigeria is a failed state.

And we remain a failed country till we divide this country into southern and Northern Nigeria

Look at ur state, ur governors and ur reps. Is that the North’s fault? Look at nddc and akpabio is that the North? Other illegal activities in the south also. Even if u divide into 10 u will still have major problems until u learn how to address the right issues properly starting from home. For now we will continue to assume the North instead of bad leadership is to blame for everything including ur bad roads and kitchen sink.

1 Like

Re: Adelabu Street Surulere After A Heavy Rainfall Today by olugabbie(m): 5:08am On Jul 17, 2021
900warriorz:
La lagos a la glorified slum grin

May be u need to compare the flood in Japan, Germany and Belgium, for you to know that Lagos is still better.
Re: Adelabu Street Surulere After A Heavy Rainfall Today by Nobody: 5:39am On Jul 17, 2021
Jackson105:
I am waiting for those fools that will come and say Lagos is overhype. Those that their hopeless village is not even in the map, will open their useless mouth to call Lagos a slum, a city that most part if it is below the sea level.

We saw yesterday on Nairaland front-page how flood took over a large chunk of Germany and Poland cities,flooding can happen anywhere in the world, no matter how plan the city is.

You people need to receive sense

Why are you whining? Are you not among the club that said Nigeria is a shit hole, and time spent planning to leave Nigeria is well spent?
If UK, Germany, and Poland can get flooded, so they are now shit hole?
I think you should take a trip to the grave, where all is peaceful and quiet.
Re: Adelabu Street Surulere After A Heavy Rainfall Today by NoToPile: 5:47am On Jul 17, 2021
Even people that throw waste in gutters will be blaming government.

Flood happens everywhere, suruleres flood is mostly aggravated by blocked drainages anyway it will all go back to normal soon there's a canal that serves surulere.
Re: Adelabu Street Surulere After A Heavy Rainfall Today by ceaser: 5:48am On Jul 17, 2021
Like WTF! Is that January 1, 2000 timestamp that I'm seeing on that video?

These useless YouTube vloggers that just harvest old videos and repost them as new in order to garner traffic to their channels.

And the poster here is apparently complicit. I can see that he has edited out the part of the pictures where time stamps will have shown.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lagos Can Never Be Compared With Abuja - Lady Blasts Lagosians / What Major Cities Looks Like At Night From The Cockpit Of A Boeing 777 / This Is What Canada Looks Like During The Second Phase Of The Lock Down

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.