Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,915 members, 7,806,661 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:06 PM

MY Experience With Very Stingy Parents.... Share Yours... - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / MY Experience With Very Stingy Parents.... Share Yours... (41486 Views)

My Stingy Elder Brother / Lockdown With Parents: Share Your Experience / Have Your Neigbour Ever Reported You To Your Parents?? Share Your Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MY Experience With Very Stingy Parents.... Share Yours... by Drizzy5001(m): 6:27pm On Jul 17, 2021
Lol, I have a friend that is facing similar issue with you, dude is 21 years, but him no get android phone, a university student o, the worst be say him mama dey buy clothe for am, and it must be plain trousers, they don't allow him to wear jeans trousers.. sad this life sha, that's why I'm grateful to my parents especially my dad, the man too try for me , he buys anything I need for me, once he can afford it. smiley

1 Like

Re: MY Experience With Very Stingy Parents.... Share Yours... by Polynek(m): 6:30pm On Jul 17, 2021
Your own beta, I wish am in your shoes cry
Re: MY Experience With Very Stingy Parents.... Share Yours... by Badbishop15(m): 6:32pm On Jul 17, 2021
captainbangz:
I GO GRADUATE, CHANGE GO STILL REMAIN

Swears...
Thank God for federal schools...lolz

1 Like

Re: MY Experience With Very Stingy Parents.... Share Yours... by achimendy(m): 6:32pm On Jul 17, 2021
Is really obvious that what you lack is understanding. How can you call people that cough out almost a million naira for your fees stingy. You need to know that your parents still see you as a child that can't handle himself, that's why they do things for you. Moreover you're just 19. So just follow them with understanding and see how things play out, you really have a good parents. And lastly you better live that betting for your own good.

1 Like

Re: MY Experience With Very Stingy Parents.... Share Yours... by Yankee101: 6:37pm On Jul 17, 2021
See wisdom

You be old man sha

Federalcase:
I'm glad you didn't mention that you are lacking food...Your parents are adults so it's going to be very hard to change that stinginess in them but What you can do is to groom yourself to be a better person (self improvement). Please forget about gambling and focus more on your career. One advantage of having a rich parents is that your career is definitely secured after you graduate . Trust me your parents will do anything for you to have a good job. Most parents want their children to be the best version of themselves so your future is secure you should be happy.. forget all these worldly stuff, they won't take your anywhere. You think your dad use iphone before he became successful?. If gadgets is very important in your line of career then you should get one of your top academic staff in your faculty to talk your parents, they will surely listen and comply..... You Can get all the clothes and gadgets you love when you starting earning from your career.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: MY Experience With Very Stingy Parents.... Share Yours... by deelobe: 6:42pm On Jul 17, 2021
TOTOnigga:
Hello guys.... I don't just know.. Is it just me or is there anything I don't understand......my parents are rich people especially my dad, I know that for sure... someone paying #950,000 naira per year as school fees for me aside other expenses, plus multiple houses and lands I can't even keep count of....

How come they are this stingy? There is no time I would ask them for money for my own personal well being or any of my personal needs that they would like to assist me. I once ask mum for #12,000 naira just to buy a fairly used android phone (when I know they can even afford me an iPhone x) but she told me I should wait till months end before she gives me saying there is no money on ground... it's five months now and still nothing (not waiting for it though)...

Then I ask my dad, he told me I don't need an android phone... telling me that phone makes people unserious and other types of bulls*it( a 19 year old student for that matter)

Any expenses that is not book or academic related is not important...my parents would rather buy clothes for me than give me money to buy clothes... sometimes I end up not wearing some of them..

The funniest part is that, anytime I take any urgent lie(Asin scam) about any payment in school...they wouldn't Waits a second to send it to me... This has got me telling all sorts of lies just to get what I know can be gotten honestly.. It has even gotten to the point that any money that enters my hand now, I use it to play sports betting to see if I can get enough money for what I need, but I end up loosing the money...I am just frustrated.. someone time I wish I didn't even have rich parents cos what's the point...

My dear it seems they are stingy, but thank yourself privileged for someone to take care of your basic needs. The lesson will become clearer as you get older.
Moreover, this sense of entitlement won't do you good. You are 19 and according to Nigerian constitution you are an ADULT and that means you can fend for yourself.

3 Likes

Re: MY Experience With Very Stingy Parents.... Share Yours... by 2023NaijaVoter: 6:58pm On Jul 17, 2021
folake4u:
undecided Why should a "19year" old be bearing ToToNiggar as Nairaland monicker in the first place.

Probably the negative influence of that dammed niggar character that has an influence on weak underachieving, underdeveloped minds.
I don't know how the website allows that daily curse in threads everyday without addressing it or just banning it.
Re: MY Experience With Very Stingy Parents.... Share Yours... by DAMN99: 6:58pm On Jul 17, 2021
Your parents are not stingy, you are just selfish

2 Likes

Re: MY Experience With Very Stingy Parents.... Share Yours... by dalass(f): 7:01pm On Jul 17, 2021
vikstandon:
You look irresponsible to me...

I do think that is the reason behind their stinginess...

What will happen if you've got all the money at your disposal... You will do drugs.

Your name is TOTONIGGA... Change!!!
Exactly imagine him bearing such stupid monicker ;The guy is certainly irresponsible undecided

1 Like

Re: MY Experience With Very Stingy Parents.... Share Yours... by TDH777: 7:01pm On Jul 17, 2021
Very ungrateful

Ishilove:
Ungrateful child
Re: MY Experience With Very Stingy Parents.... Share Yours... by Louisananda7(m): 7:14pm On Jul 17, 2021
You no well, you get papa thats why you dey complain, we wey our papa die when we dey 16 we no go school, we gat to pass post ume so we for dey educated if not we for be waec holder.

1 Like

Re: MY Experience With Very Stingy Parents.... Share Yours... by beejay85: 7:16pm On Jul 17, 2021
My dear friend, let me advise you..
Just be grateful to God for having parent who can provide for your need... especially academic and upkeep..
Oftentimes, u DNT know what they go through to cough out ur tuition...and never disappoint u in that regard..wait till u become a father,u LL understand your parents approach to spending. By the quit gambling..

1 Like

Re: MY Experience With Very Stingy Parents.... Share Yours... by Bennycollins: 7:23pm On Jul 17, 2021
Clearly you are an ingrate. You parents sponsor you in a school that expensive and you call to stingy? If you don't change your attitude I bet you will not be able to afford that for your own children. Do you even realize that you will inherit whati they saving and building now. You want to eat your tomorrow today.
Do they starve you?

1 Like

Re: MY Experience With Very Stingy Parents.... Share Yours... by Nobody: 7:34pm On Jul 17, 2021
TOTOnigga:
Hello guys.... I don't just know.. Is it just me or is there anything I don't understand......my parents are rich people especially my dad, I know that for sure... someone paying #950,000 naira per year as school fees for me aside other expenses, plus multiple houses and lands I can't even keep count of....

How come they are this stingy? There is no time I would ask them for money for my own personal well being or any of my personal needs that they would like to assist me. I once ask mum for #12,000 naira just to buy a fairly used android phone (when I know they can even afford me an iPhone x) but she told me I should wait till months end before she gives me saying there is no money on ground... it's five months now and still nothing (not waiting for it though)...

Then I ask my dad, he told me I don't need an android phone... telling me that phone makes people unserious and other types of bulls*it( a 19 year old student for that matter)

Any expenses that is not book or academic related is not important...my parents would rather buy clothes for me than give me money to buy clothes... sometimes I end up not wearing some of them..

The funniest part is that, anytime I take any urgent lie(Asin scam) about any payment in school...they wouldn't Waits a second to send it to me... This has got me telling all sorts of lies just to get what I know can be gotten honestly.. It has even gotten to the point that any money that enters my hand now, I use it to play sports betting to see if I can get enough money for what I need, but I end up loosing the money...I am just frustrated.. someone time I wish I didn't even have rich parents cos what's the point...
I doubt your story. Do you want to tell me that you do not have a laptop/desktop in your home or even personal one? Do you want to tell me you do not have a cell phone that can atleast perform basic functions?
Your parents must have observed you very well and see a likelihood that you will misuse those things when they give you. Circumstances surrounding this treatment are unclear to us, but you know them, I believe.
My brother desist from lying to your parents to satisfy your needs. You would add insult to injury by the time they see you with a phone they did not buy for you.

2 Likes

Re: MY Experience With Very Stingy Parents.... Share Yours... by iamL(f): 7:36pm On Jul 17, 2021
Your parents know the kind of person you are. Only ur Monika alone tells a lot.

1 Like

Re: MY Experience With Very Stingy Parents.... Share Yours... by alpharoyalty: 7:44pm On Jul 17, 2021
Manage for now, your parents mean well for you, when the time comes you will appreciate them. Do everything possible to stop gambling, so it won't cause you to regret at last. It is a habit, and will be very difficult to stop later in life. What you can't afford not, remove your mind a time will come when you will be able to afford more than enough. I wish you all the best.
Re: MY Experience With Very Stingy Parents.... Share Yours... by colizee(m): 7:46pm On Jul 17, 2021
Man up and show them that you can be responsible, that giving you extra cash won't spoil you. They have to earn your trust.... But now wey you don dey play bet, you sure say you fit stop like this?
Re: MY Experience With Very Stingy Parents.... Share Yours... by nams77: 7:54pm On Jul 17, 2021
Kondomatic:
How can you say that someone who is paying almost a million naira as school fee for you annually is stingy?
Abeg help me ask am
You are not starving,
There is a good roof over your head,
You gat cloths on your back,
Good education,
....and you are still calling your parents stingy?.
Op, you a little,self-entitled brat!
Do you know what they must have denied themselves just to give you all these?
Now when I don begin pay school fees, I dey salute my pops man where ever him dey. May God bless am and keep him soul in good rest.
How that man take they pay the three of us schooling for uni at the same time na wonderment to me...even with the small resources!
Appreciate your parents, boy!
What of Mr oki that is rich but cannot give his child money to school until the boy had to drop out? That one no be person papa too?
You foolish boy. Dem suppose flog you self.
Go and learn a digital skill and be making money by the side
Re: MY Experience With Very Stingy Parents.... Share Yours... by chaloskyx: 7:54pm On Jul 17, 2021
So let me ask you a simple question how are your academics in school? and what way do you make your parents proud of you. if you are one of those lazy spoiled brats who flunk school and don't bring joy to their parents with all the money they spend on you and all you show is how ungrateful you are to the few things they do for you then don't expect them to do much for you parents who act this way is because they give you all you want but get nothing in return if you want them to change and shower you with gifts place a bet tell them you would get a great results in school for i phone x or its highest model you would be surprised how they wont object the problem lies with you not your parents.
Re: MY Experience With Very Stingy Parents.... Share Yours... by TOTOnigga: 8:08pm On Jul 17, 2021
iamL:
Your parents know the kind of person you are. Only ur Monika alone tells a lot.
thank God my moniker is self explanatory...I like to 4uck women like you, especially the one's older than me...I love to punish them they with my dick and watch them moan in excitement...and later nut on their faces...

That's me

TOTOnigga...

Chai, chioma don suffer for my hand ohhh guy.. grin
Re: MY Experience With Very Stingy Parents.... Share Yours... by Obas101(m): 8:11pm On Jul 17, 2021
Lamanii22:
Do you have a laptop?
Yes beautiful, why?
Re: MY Experience With Very Stingy Parents.... Share Yours... by Bizibi(m): 8:12pm On Jul 17, 2021
TOTOnigga:

let me make this clear to you, you are lucky to even have parents to take care of you and you are still young,so you need to focus in life and think of what to do to earn you money,you can even use your parents connects for deals.....

My parents were not poor but I never lacked anything and I am grateful they didn't spoil me with money. At 22 years old I was already doing pms and a.g.o deals and it actually made me focused in life and also at school.

When I lost my dad and took over the company I began to see the other side of life and parents are actually trying in this country.now I am the head of my family and I have a responsibility to empower them with business deals,it is not easy at all.

You are still young so you won't understand what life is until you lose either of your parents,so make sure you sit your parents on what you really want to do.
Re: MY Experience With Very Stingy Parents.... Share Yours... by pappyy2k3: 8:40pm On Jul 17, 2021
Your father is a replica of the rich man in the book rich dad and poor dad.
TOTOnigga:

Re: MY Experience With Very Stingy Parents.... Share Yours... by OLULAW: 9:00pm On Jul 17, 2021
OP you're an ungrateful child. Go and hug transformer, if you're unhappy, then your parents can adopt and sponsor other kids who will just be eternally grateful for their Federal university fees only being paid by benefactor. Some have shoes but no legs, some have legs but no shoes. Ndi ara.
Re: MY Experience With Very Stingy Parents.... Share Yours... by deebrownneymar: 9:04pm On Jul 17, 2021
Even the money you’re able to swindle off them you use it to bet. You’ve kinda justified why your parents are so reluctant to give you cash for personal use. They know you!
Re: MY Experience With Very Stingy Parents.... Share Yours... by Codes151(m): 9:21pm On Jul 17, 2021
Wow! You are greedy sha.
Ungrateful.

Be thankful. Cuz you don't know
Re: MY Experience With Very Stingy Parents.... Share Yours... by jesustheissue: 9:42pm On Jul 17, 2021
You refer to your parents as "rich" but "stingy". They do not default in sorting your school fees and stuff yet you choose to lie to collect money you feel they should ordinarily give you. I think from your narrative, they were probably right in depriving you of all you ask them for since you have also chosen sometimes to spend such "hard-earned" money on GAMBLING!! The wise book says that "Stolen bread is often sweet to the palate but afterwards it turns to gravel in the mouth of the eater". Beware of deception and work hard at earning the respect and trust of your parents. Remember one day, God-willing, you too shall become a parent oh!
Re: MY Experience With Very Stingy Parents.... Share Yours... by oguns222: 9:52pm On Jul 17, 2021
TOTOnigga:

They are stingy, yet they pay a million Naira yearly to send you to school.

You are an Idiot.

Do you know how many people out there need a.father that can just pay half of that for their school fees?

You talk like an idiot true true
Re: MY Experience With Very Stingy Parents.... Share Yours... by Oyindidi(f): 10:00pm On Jul 17, 2021
Your username says a lot about you.
Re: MY Experience With Very Stingy Parents.... Share Yours... by Chasegb(m): 10:02pm On Jul 17, 2021
Why are you hell bent on ruining your life? They are already providing you with the basic needs of life, you should be thankful and stop this entitlement mentality. You're only 19, possibly why they aren't giving you money, knowing you're not responsible with it. Act accordingly and responsibly and see them giving you money.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Family Meeting Cos Of Wife Advise Needed Pls / What Would You Do If Your Mother Did This To You(pics) / Most Nigerian Parents And Their Poor Child Spacing! A Must Read!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.