Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,801 members, 7,806,230 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:18 PM

How Do I Eject This Tenant? - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How Do I Eject This Tenant? (30453 Views)

How To I Eject This Tenant / My Landlord Is Trying To Eject Me For Having Visitors. Please Help / How Do We Eject These Stubborn Tenants In Lagos? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Eject This Tenant? by Ohyinyeah: 9:15am On Jul 17, 2021
Please, can anyone highlight the procedure for ejecting a tenant from one's building in lagos?

The said tenant was owing over 1 years rent, not paying and not leaving.

Tenant was charged to court. The case has been ongoing for more than a year. Tenant and her lawyer do not show up in court on hearing date and have been adjourned for this reason each time...

Now running to almost 3 years in the flat without paying rent and without leaving....

53 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How Do I Eject This Tenant? by ValCon888: 9:24am On Jul 17, 2021
Take off the roof and disconnect the light.

214 Likes 17 Shares

Re: How Do I Eject This Tenant? by Juicewrld27: 9:58am On Jul 17, 2021
Ohyinyeah:
Please, can anyone highlight the procedure for ejecting a tenant from one's building in lagos?

Tenant was charged to court. The case has been ongoing for more than a year. Tenant and her lawyer do not show up in court on hearing date and have been adjourned for this reason each time...

Now running to almost 3 years in the flat without paying rent and without leaving....
you for justs serve am quit notice gee am 6 months to get a new place. If he defualts you roger mc olumo boys,them go hijack am comot your house in 2 seconds

71 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Do I Eject This Tenant? by SocialJustice: 10:03am On Jul 17, 2021
Juicewrld27:
you for justs serve am quit notice gee am 6 months to get a new place. If he defualts you roger mc olumo boys,them go hijack am comot your house in 2 seconds
Terrible advise.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Eject This Tenant? by Barbiturate(m): 10:04am On Jul 17, 2021
Our judicial system is messed up big time. You for no rush go court.

You should have just given him quit notice of 6 months, and eject him forcefully using mopos or soldiers, after the 6 months.

Now that the case is in court, you have to be patient, else, you would be shooting yourself in the leg!

Na this kind tin dey make some landlord involve jazz

137 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Do I Eject This Tenant? by Juicewrld27: 10:06am On Jul 17, 2021
SocialJustice:
Terrible advise.
why? I have lived in lagos for 19 years. 6 months grace is enough for him to get another place. If he defualts after the grace period you eject his ass

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do I Eject This Tenant? by Juicewrld27: 10:07am On Jul 17, 2021
Barbiturate:
Our judicial system is messed up big time. You for no rush go court.

You should have just given him quit notice of 6 months, and eject him forcefully using mopos or soldiers, after the 6 months.

Now that the case is in court, you have to be patient, else, you would be shooting yourself in the leg!

Na this kind tin dey make some landlord involve jazz
na exactly wetin i talk. One nigga dey talk *terrible advise*

4 Likes

Re: How Do I Eject This Tenant? by donbachi(m): 10:19am On Jul 17, 2021
Some people are just been wicked to themselves,and feel they are doing someone else.

Land him no help u buy,block him no mould for u,woods him no buy and no kobo was contributed.
Op,changr am for am with 7 midnite prayers.and pray it like dis

1: Oh GOD arise and put confusion between(mention his/her name)with the lawyer
2: Ask GOD to destroy his source of income cos he/she has destroyed urs.
3: Ask GOD to give him/her a bigger pharaoh
4:Ask GOD to give him/her shame and disgrace in ur neighbourhood that will lead to his/her packing out.
5:Pray for such person to fall into the hands of fraudsters.

Pray with holy anger.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Eject This Tenant? by FatherCHRISTMAS: 10:27am On Jul 17, 2021
Ohyinyeah:

Lol
Re: How Do I Eject This Tenant? by Juicewrld27: 10:49am On Jul 17, 2021
donbachi:
Some people are just been wicked to themselves,and feel they are doing someone else.

Land him no help u buy,block him no mould for u,woods him no buy and no kobo was contributed.

4:Ask GOD to give him/her shame and disgrace in ur neighbourhood that will lead to his/her packing out.

Pray with holy anger.
is that so?

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do I Eject This Tenant? by Ishilove: 10:52am On Jul 17, 2021
You should have just given him 6 months notice as stated by law, after which you have the right to eject him anyhow yagayaga. Now you're in court and you can't do anything to him until the case has been ruled on.

33 Likes

Re: How Do I Eject This Tenant? by Ishilove: 10:53am On Jul 17, 2021
donbachi:

Pray with holy anger.
grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Eject This Tenant? by donbachi(m): 10:57am On Jul 17, 2021
Ishilove:

grin grin
ishilove,dis no be laughing matter oo.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Eject This Tenant? by Ohyinyeah: 10:58am On Jul 17, 2021
Ishilove:
You should have just given him 6 months notice as stated by law, after which you have the right to eject him anyhow yagayaga. Now you're in court and you can't do anything to him until the case has been ruled on.
I gave him six months
Re: How Do I Eject This Tenant? by SocialJustice: 11:10am On Jul 17, 2021
Ohyinyeah:

Go do PR with the court to get speedy court quit notice. Do not self help.

10 Likes

Re: How Do I Eject This Tenant? by Ohyinyeah: 11:11am On Jul 17, 2021
SocialJustice:
Go do PR with the court to get speedy court quit notice. Do not self help.
what's PR?
Re: How Do I Eject This Tenant? by SocialJustice: 11:19am On Jul 17, 2021
Ohyinyeah:
what's PR?
Bribe.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Eject This Tenant? by Ohyinyeah: 11:33am On Jul 17, 2021

1 Like

Re: How Do I Eject This Tenant? by Ishilove: 11:55am On Jul 17, 2021
Ohyinyeah:
I gave him six months
After six months you should have tossed him out like a stubborn goat with the help of the Nigerian Police instead of taking him to court

28 Likes

Re: How Do I Eject This Tenant? by Ohyinyeah: 12:05pm On Jul 17, 2021
Ishilove:

After six months you should have tossed him out like a stubborn goat with the help of the Nigerian Police instead of taking him to court
Nigerian Police said it's not within their jurisdiction

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Eject This Tenant? by Juicewrld27: 12:06pm On Jul 17, 2021
Ohyinyeah:
you have taken the matter to court already. Police has no say until the case is closed

1 Like

Re: How Do I Eject This Tenant? by Ishilove: 12:06pm On Jul 17, 2021
Ohyinyeah:
Soldiers and areaboys never finish. There are so many options

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Eject This Tenant? by Kemight15: 12:17pm On Jul 17, 2021
Remove the roof of his apartment for renovations

24 Likes

Re: How Do I Eject This Tenant? by BarrSly: 4:22pm On Jul 17, 2021
Which kind of lawyer do you have sef

It’s simple. As long as he owes you rent you don’t have to give him the 6 months notice rather 7 days notice of owners intention to recover premises thereafter you charge him to court.

Now this is the trick. In a Tenancy Recovery matter where the defendant tries to play smart and not come to court, all your lawyer has to do is apply for default/summary judgement as from all indications the tenants are not ready to appear for the matter. (25 days tops the tenant is out).

Where are you situated?

131 Likes 10 Shares

Re: How Do I Eject This Tenant? by VlamesIffect(f): 5:20pm On Jul 17, 2021
You mess up you for no go court first.

Quit notice then hire hefty men wey dey slap person....

Make dem give am treatment....

Now wey e dey court you no fit do anything until ruling.

The person above me seems to know somethings.

You dey lagos dey do like foreigner...na mad people dey here

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do I Eject This Tenant? by 2special(m): 10:16pm On Jul 17, 2021
Ohyinyeah:
I gave him six months
seems you have a double agent lawyer collecting from both the Landlord and the tenant, first change your lawyer....do you know the court will soon be going for a break so act fast.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Eject This Tenant? by Ohyinyeah: 6:43am On Jul 18, 2021
BarrSly:
Which kind of lawyer do you have sef

It’s simple. As long as he owes you rent you don’t have to give him the 6 months notice rather 7 days notice of owners intention to recover premises thereafter you charge him to court.

Now this is the trick. In a Tenancy Recovery matter where the defendant tries to play smart and not come to court, all your lawyer has to do is apply for default/summary judgement as from all indications the tenants are not ready to appear for the matter. (25 days tops the tenant is out).

Where are you situated?
Lagos
Re: How Do I Eject This Tenant? by Ohyinyeah: 6:44am On Jul 18, 2021
2special:
seems you have a double agent lawyer collecting from both the Landlord and the tenant, first change your lawyer....do you know the court will soon be going for a break so act fast.
Really?! When please?
Re: How Do I Eject This Tenant? by 2special(m): 7:16am On Jul 18, 2021
Ohyinyeah:
Really?! When please?
The Judges annual vacation begins on the 26th of July and they will resume for the 2021/2022 Legal year on the 6th of September.

6 Likes

Re: How Do I Eject This Tenant? by BarrSly: 8:03am On Jul 18, 2021
Ok sorry not within that jurisdiction neither would i want to refer you to a colleague since you have a lawyer already but just be wise and suggest my point to him... another way is to meet the court officials telling them you don’t really trust your lawyer so how can you speed things up as you need your house...

Feel free to inbox me should you encounter any isshh..

Ohyinyeah:
Lagos

21 Likes

Re: How Do I Eject This Tenant? by Ohyinyeah: 8:04am On Jul 18, 2021
BarrSly:
Ok sorry not within that jurisdiction neither would i want to refer you to a colleague since you have a lawyer already but just be wise and suggest my point to him... another way is to meet the court officials telling them you don’t really trust your lawyer so how can you speed things up as you need your house...

Feel free to inbox me should you encounter any isshh..

Give me the lawyers contacts

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Eject This Tenant? by BarrSly: 8:04am On Jul 18, 2021
Ok where in Lagos are you?
Ohyinyeah:
Give me the lawyers contacts

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

A Building Collapses In Lagos Island, Tokunbo Street (Video) / Abuja's Amazing Construction Projects / Help Needed. I Was Given A Quit Notice To Vacate Within Seven Days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.