Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,289 members, 7,807,981 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:08 AM

Should Any Sensible Person Be On The MTN Network? - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Should Any Sensible Person Be On The MTN Network? (9328 Views)

Re: Should Any Sensible Person Be On The Mtn Network? / Re: Should Any Sensible Person Be On The Mtn Network? / Re: Should Any Sensible Person Be On The Mtn Network? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Any Sensible Person Be On The MTN Network? by Ekpoma1: 2:25pm On Jun 05, 2011
valacious pls throw more light on that GLO infinito. How do i go about in activating it?
Re: Should Any Sensible Person Be On The MTN Network? by cameronese(m): 2:34pm On Jun 05, 2011
MTN and our POLITICIANS are in direct competition who will defraud us most.

Do you know that the Billions of dollars they wested in South aFrican 2010 is
Nigerian money?

That's what they do, they'll defraud us and go to other countries to weste it.

MTN make over N200,000,000 weekly from "who wants to be a millionaire fraud"
and give out partly sum to the participants.

I've stopped recharging my mtn over a year ago.
Re: Should Any Sensible Person Be On The MTN Network? by Nobody: 2:37pm On Jun 05, 2011
mtn is rip off. thanks to my chinko fone, i now carry two sims on a fone. i use mtn for receiving and my glo infinito to call.

4ck mtn !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Should Any Sensible Person Be On The MTN Network? by master2(m): 2:37pm On Jun 05, 2011
angry using MTN sim = waste of sweet earned money. Stupid network!
Re: Should Any Sensible Person Be On The MTN Network? by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jun 05, 2011
my fellow Nigerian, please lets stop recharging our mtn sim for now.

mtn is no good to our country. 4ck mtn and 4ck south africa
Re: Should Any Sensible Person Be On The MTN Network? by xreal: 2:47pm On Jun 05, 2011
This is serious!
I mean, for the 'Phuck Adict' OP to carry eye comot for 'Toto' and notice Mtn's corrupt acts. . . Mtn, una try.
Re: Should Any Sensible Person Be On The MTN Network? by Rooneyboy(m): 2:49pm On Jun 05, 2011
rafhell that aint possible, we r nt as strong as united as they r.
Re: Should Any Sensible Person Be On The MTN Network? by Nobody: 2:54pm On Jun 05, 2011
D answer 2 d qtn is NO. MTNess in my opinion is a rip-off. Seems like they take their customers 4 fools. Av stopd rechargin my Mtness sim. If we stop patronisin dem they will know what hit them.
Re: Should Any Sensible Person Be On The MTN Network? by Ekpoma1: 2:55pm On Jun 05, 2011
MTN  una no dey try at all at all. Xploiting us is wat u know how 2 do best.
Re: Should Any Sensible Person Be On The MTN Network? by born2boink(m): 3:05pm On Jun 05, 2011
MTN Partnering DSTV to destroy NIGERIA. if glo didn't strike 7 yrs ago. MTN will still be selling their sim 25,0000#,Vmobile comes in and strike with #15,000 and Glo strike and bring their sim to # 3,000, now MTN with their magic number thief attract more customers and fraud them again , MTN can't frustrate life.I wish they are dead
Re: Should Any Sensible Person Be On The MTN Network? by cameronese(m): 3:10pm On Jun 05, 2011
Sadly, I still recharge their moderm but am getting ready to throw that one away too.

If we can unite against MTN and other shylock companies in our fatherland, they'll wake up.

What we lack (unity) is their advantage.
Re: Should Any Sensible Person Be On The MTN Network? by Ess: 3:27pm On Jun 05, 2011
I always took those people that complain about using mtn as fools, i simply laff and ask them if it is by force to continue using them when u have so many options, I only use my mtn to receive and make send sms period! I so much hate S/Africa!!!
Re: Should Any Sensible Person Be On The MTN Network? by linkin8k(m): 3:30pm On Jun 05, 2011
poster is very right. I really don't know whether MTN takes us for idiots or what, na zain i dey use now o only receive with my MTN. N12 per min after first min of the day to any network is madt
Re: Should Any Sensible Person Be On The MTN Network? by fizokey(m): 3:37pm On Jun 05, 2011
God knows how many times I've called mtn's customer care to complain about vanishing airtime balance and extremely poor BIS on my phone, thank God my BIS is expiring this night. I'm tired of this network, after reading this topic I'm convinced the time to leave and never look back is now, I want to be free. I need to be free, Freedom!!! I'm going for Glo.
Re: Should Any Sensible Person Be On The MTN Network? by Emperoh(m): 3:41pm On Jun 05, 2011
I load my line just for sms and then calls to my magic number lines.
The other calls i do with my glo line.

Again, i just got to discover their BIS is whack!!!
Re: Should Any Sensible Person Be On The MTN Network? by PastorOla1: 3:47pm On Jun 05, 2011
coverage
Re: Should Any Sensible Person Be On The MTN Network? by Nobody: 3:50pm On Jun 05, 2011
Ekpoma1:

valacious pls throw more light on that GLO infinito. How do i go about in activating it?
i cant remember d code now, but u can just google glo infinito, u'll find it. Mtn cant even continue with magic no. Useless network.
Pastor Ola:

coverage
lies. All network now have same coverage.
Re: Should Any Sensible Person Be On The MTN Network? by HenryDivine(m): 3:53pm On Jun 05, 2011
Am liking this!!
Re: Should Any Sensible Person Be On The MTN Network? by Rooneyboy(m): 3:57pm On Jun 05, 2011
AIRTEL all the way ,i doff my hat for them.
Re: Should Any Sensible Person Be On The MTN Network? by mrofficial(m): 4:08pm On Jun 05, 2011
Those who use MTN are dumb-bleeped. I've never used MTN line, and never will I use it. Glo rocks!!!
Re: Should Any Sensible Person Be On The MTN Network? by lexicon(m): 4:19pm On Jun 05, 2011
inspired_m:

[size=14pt]MTN Blackberry Internet Service is a Fraud.[/size]

MTN BB service is the most unfortunate thing that has ever happened to me. They made me abandon my BB for 1month.
Re: Should Any Sensible Person Be On The MTN Network? by rman: 4:20pm On Jun 05, 2011
@OP

The Nigerian Telecoms market is a competitive market , no one is ripping you off. If you are not satisfied with the quality of service in your area from mtn it is so unfortunate. A lot of factors not known to you could be responsible.  MTN is constantly working round the clock to make the quality of service top notch. And based on the survey carried out early this year putting into consideration parameters like availability of the network, call success rate (CSSR) , call drop, congestion etc . MTN still has the best network in the country.
The promo and cheaper calls by competitors is to attract more subscribers and have more on net calls that's all.They are still interested in making profit like MTN. Giving money to individuals isn't MTN'S way of rewarding customers. Find out about MTN community projects in your area, they are indeed doing a lot.
Magic number is a product we introduced but was really abused by customers. MTN has its own fault too. When we introduced magic number we are intrested in letting people call just one number for free for a whole month but the traffic(Erlang) on the network became so much in weeks that our network became congested 24/7. Nigerians love to talk but when a call runs into hours between two individuals and people having FOUR IN ONE PHONES all with MTN line, we had to suspend this product until the network is ready to sustain such long hour calls that prevents other subscribers from clamping onto the network.
It is amazing how Nigerians easily forgot that eleven years ago, NITEL was the only operator and Nigerians were going through hell to communicate.  If we all remember M-tel actually offered the cheapest calls immediately they took off but it was not sustainable then and we all know what happened to m-tel just a few years later. In fact dstv a SA company Nigerians refer to as a rip off too is the only pay tv that actually has more Nigerian content even when they didn't have the premiership. We all also know that they also have the best quality in terms off pictures and content. That is why dstv is still here and the same reason is why mtn is still growing. If you offer cheap services that is not sustainable in the long run that is not a good business strategy. It is better for prices to come down as market forces and other variables dictate.
Before I forget the per second billing issue. MTN launched their network in Nigeria with per minute billing, in a few months customers asked for per second billing. In fact they were already working on changing their entire billing system within a short while (which will cost money) of launching their network before GLO came out with per second billing. I hope we all know that competitors monitor one another and study the market. GLO coming out first with per second billing is just a company that did her home work well before coming out.
All GSM companies are trying to make profit and calling one a rip off or slandering one isn't the way to go. WHAT YOU EXPERIENCED AS POOR QUALITY OF SERVICE FROM ONE VENDOR IS BEING EXPERIENCED BY A SUBSCRIBER ON THE OTHER NETWORK YOU ARE PLANNING TO MIGRATE TO.
Re: Should Any Sensible Person Be On The MTN Network? by lexicon(m): 4:23pm On Jun 05, 2011
drpanaba:

Top Five (5) Organized Swindlers, Nigeria:

1. PDP Politicians (ACN, Lagos: at rising %)
2. Corrupt Pastors
3. MTN
4. Examination Bodies and Higher Institutions (Admission rigmaroles)
5. Enforcement Agencies: E.g., LASMA, VIO, etc.

And the police
Re: Should Any Sensible Person Be On The MTN Network? by rolchi(m): 4:31pm On Jun 05, 2011
@OP

The Nigerian Telecoms market is a competitive market , no one is ripping you off. If you are not satisfied with the quality of service in your area from mtn it is so unfortunate. A lot of factors not known to you could be responsible. MTN is constantly working round the clock to make the quality of service top notch. And based on the survey carried out early this year putting into consideration parameters like availability of the network, call success rate (CSSR) , call drop, congestion etc . MTN still has the best network in the country.
The promo and cheaper calls by competitors is to attract more subscribers and have more on net calls that's all.They are still interested in making profit like MTN. Giving money to individuals isn't MTN'S way of rewarding customers. Find out about MTN community projects in your area, they are indeed doing a lot.
Magic number is a product we introduced but was really abused by customers. MTN has its own fault too. When we introduced magic number we are intrested in letting people call just one number for free for a whole month but the traffic(Erlang) on the network became so much in weeks that our network became congested 24/7. Nigerians love to talk but when a call runs into hours between two individuals and people having FOUR IN ONE PHONES all with MTN line, we had to suspend this product until the network is ready to sustain such long hour calls that prevents other subscribers from clamping onto the network.
It is amazing how Nigerians easily forgot that eleven years ago, NITEL was the only operator and Nigerians were going through hell to communicate. If we all remember M-tel actually offered the cheapest calls immediately they took off but it was not sustainable then and we all know what happened to m-tel just a few years later. In fact dstv a SA company Nigerians refer to as a rip off too is the only pay tv that actually has more Nigerian content even when they didn't have the premiership. We all also know that they also have the best quality in terms off pictures and content. That is why dstv is still here and the same reason is why mtn is still growing. If you offer cheap services that is not sustainable in the long run that is not a good business strategy. It is better for prices to come down as market forces and other variables dictate.
Before I forget the per second billing issue. MTN launched their network in Nigeria with per minute billing, in a few months customers asked for per second billing. In fact they were already working on changing their entire billing system within a short while (which will cost money) of launching their network before GLO came out with per second billing. I hope we all know that competitors monitor one another and study the market. GLO coming out first with per second billing is just a company that did her home work well before coming out.
All GSM companies are trying to make profit and calling one a rip off or slandering one isn't the way to go. WHAT YOU EXPERIENCED AS POOR QUALITY OF SERVICE FROM ONE VENDOR IS BEING EXPERIENCED BY A SUBSCRIBER ON THE OTHER NETWORK YOU ARE PLANNING TO MIGRATE TO.

angry angry angry Are you MTN shocked shocked shocked
Re: Should Any Sensible Person Be On The MTN Network? by rolchi(m): 4:33pm On Jun 05, 2011
Quote from: drpanaba on Today at 02:24:07 PM
Top Five (5) Organized Swindlers, Nigeria:

1. PDP Politicians (ACN, Lagos: at rising %)
2. Corrupt Pastors
3. MTN
4. Examination Bodies and Higher Institutions (Admission rigmaroles)
5. Enforcement Agencies: E.g., LASMA, VIO, etc.

And the police

Ha, you forgot PHCN, NASS
Re: Should Any Sensible Person Be On The MTN Network? by Leonoel202(m): 4:34pm On Jun 05, 2011
Actually i thought MTN was ok, they are fake and now what they are doing is nonsense. My credit is finished after just saying "hello", their internet service is zero. I think i'll soon be going without a phone coz i am not enjoying this at all.
Re: Should Any Sensible Person Be On The MTN Network? by Rooneyboy(m): 4:41pm On Jun 05, 2011
mr rman i challenge u today. MTN is just in existence to steal our money. Go to my vill today awgu lga in enugu state, mmaku precisely and tell me if u ll c any mtn network in ur phn. AIRTEL all the way.
Re: Should Any Sensible Person Be On The MTN Network? by Ekpoma1: 4:46pm On Jun 05, 2011
No turning back, im done with MTN, period!
Re: Should Any Sensible Person Be On The MTN Network? by rman: 4:52pm On Jun 05, 2011
Rooneyboy:

mr rman i challenge u today. MTN is just in existence to steal our money. Go to my vill today awgu lga in enugu state, mmaku precisely and tell me if u ll c any mtn network in your phn. AIRTEL all the way.

Coverage issue is a totaly different issue. The fact that you don't have mtn network may mean their coverage is not there at all or their base station is down. I am baffled the two reasons I gave still does not qualify as steatling in my opinion.
Re: Should Any Sensible Person Be On The MTN Network? by ogasir2011: 4:56pm On Jun 05, 2011
rman:

@OP

The Nigerian Telecoms market is a competitive market , no one is ripping you off. If you are not satisfied with the quality of service in your area from mtn it is so unfortunate. A lot of factors not known to you could be responsible.  MTN is constantly working round the clock to make the quality of service top notch. And based on the survey carried out early this year putting into consideration parameters like availability of the network, call success rate (CSSR) , call drop, congestion etc . MTN still has the best network in the country.
It is amazing how Nigerians easily forgot that eleven years ago, NITEL was the only operator and Nigerians were going through hell to communicate.  If we all remember M-tel actually offered the cheapest calls immediately they took off but it was not sustainable then and we all know what happened to m-tel just a few years later. In fact dstv a SA company Nigerians refer to as a rip off too is the only pay tv that actually has more Nigerian content even when they didn't have the premiership. We all also know that they also have the best quality in terms off pictures and content. That is why dstv is still here and the same reason is why mtn is still growing. If you offer cheap services that is not sustainable in the long run that is not a good business strategy. It is better for prices to come down as market forces and other variables dictate.

From your explanation it is either you are a rookie,just naive about MTN operations, or completely brainwashed by MTN in your regular trainings. MTN is the greatest RIP off Company ever known to Man.

In 2008 Benin Republic Suspended MTN operations in the Country because of unfriendly and ripping tariff to thier citizen, it took the intervention of Thabo Mbeki(Then President ) to prevail upon the Govt, before MTN could Operate again, with a condition that they will repect themselve and charge reasonable rates. In Nigeria our Govt are enjoying how they are cheating Nigerians.

It is cheaper to use other networks to call MTN, than to use MTN to call MTN. And you come hear to talk trash defending MTN.

People subscribe for internet service and they cant use it, Moneies are never refunded.

pls dont mention NITEL in comparism with the ripp off that MTN is doing, without MTN GSM would still exist in Nigeria.

You claim that MTN was planing to Introduce Per sec billing, i want to tell you that you are a Big LIAR. MTN told us that Per sec billing was not possible till 2007. Glo started operation in 2005 and began with per sec. in sept 2005 MTN also began per sec billing so tell me why did not wait till 2007 to begin. M

MY friend it does not cost nothing to begin Per sec billing  as you claim it will cost money. Per sec billing has been a feature of GSM Billing software since the 1990s and the software MTN were using since 2001 has per sec billing- so u see what i mean u have bin brain washed?

I discourage pple everyday from using MTN, and i urge everyone to do the same.

MTN has the slimest profit margin amongs the all network, thier distributors dont make much compared other network. they are also ripping off the distributors.

they are also ripping off graduates, call center agents Earn the lowest in the industry- Ripp OFF

they are less nigerian amongts the middle class, top executive - nigerians do the dirty Job in the company while thier south african eat the fatest salary- ripp off
Re: Should Any Sensible Person Be On The MTN Network? by CHIEFENGRJAFAR(m): 5:01pm On Jun 05, 2011
mtn no dey try.to access internet costs an arm and a leg, etisalat too much, i use mtn but it is not internet friendly,
Re: Should Any Sensible Person Be On The MTN Network? by Nobody: 5:11pm On Jun 05, 2011
@mr rman be sincere with yourself and tell me which network has d largest subscriber, it's mtn. Now according to economics of scale are they not meant to be d network with more value offering? Why cant they refine d magic no stuff and put a peg on d no of hours u can talk to a friend per day, say 2hrs max. Why is it so double expensive using an mtn to call an mtn, at N30/min, while i can use a glo infinito line to call same mtn at N15/min. Which makes more sense?dont they have d same challenges?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

new released *Tecno Phantom A Mini* with 4.4.4 kitkat / Tecno Camon CM CA6 Hard Reset And FRP Remove / MTN Donates Hearing Aid Device To Less Privileged Children In Lagos (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.