Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,477 members, 7,781,391 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:41 PM

[ATM] Have You Experienced This Before? How Can One Troll These Bank People? - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / [ATM] Have You Experienced This Before? How Can One Troll These Bank People? (914 Views)

Has Anyone Experienced This Kind Of Scam In Lagos, A Friend's Integrity At Stake / A Soldier In Uniform Beaten By A Policeman In Mufti At ATM In Damaturu / Girl Caught After Stealing Money From Woman's Account Through ATM. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

[ATM] Have You Experienced This Before? How Can One Troll These Bank People? by Xenry: 4:23pm On Jul 17, 2021
So, I opened an account in a Keystone bank recently and I went there yesterday to complete the registration and collect my ATM card.
Now, some idiots are calling me to try to scam me. They would call and ask me if I'm Mr — —, and then ask if I have withdrawn money with the ATM card, and then proceed to get my ATM details, claiming that they are calling from the bank.
I first received their call yesterday, and I tried to play them and give them fake ATM details, but they noticed what I was doing along the line, and cut the call after saying that I was unserious and that they will block my account, blah blah blah...
Today again, another one called. He started with the same annoying question: are you Mr — —? Have you withdrawn money with your ATM card? And that they want to activate it, they then went ahead to ask me to get the card and be ready to give them it's details. I then told them that if there's any problem with my Bank ATM card, that I will personally go to the bank and fix it myself, they replied, "but we are calling from the bank, Sir." Then I told them, "I don't give a fùck whether you are calling from the bank or not, just stop disturbing me with your calls," and his last reply before cutting the call was, "Your papa, you be fool, god go punish you."
Mehn, how can I effectively handle these people when next they call? I need to troll them; I tried to give them fake details yesterday, but it didn't work because they noticed it.
Anyways, share your experience with these annoying people.
Re: [ATM] Have You Experienced This Before? How Can One Troll These Bank People? by babs18: 4:23pm On Jul 17, 2021
Try to be smart & play along with them perfectly to waste their card &energy
Re: [ATM] Have You Experienced This Before? How Can One Troll These Bank People? by Cruseder(m): 4:28pm On Jul 17, 2021
dey wan cash out on top u.
Re: [ATM] Have You Experienced This Before? How Can One Troll These Bank People? by Xenry: 4:29pm On Jul 17, 2021
babs18:
Try to be smart & play along with them perfectly to waste their card &energy
Thanks, I will try to do so cool.
Those people sef, the other day I was at Zenith bank, one man was asking the workers there to block his account because they did him "30" grin. Everyone better shine their eyes or they will regret not doing so. Nigerian hustlers aren't smiling anymore, not after seeing Obi Cubana wealth and money- spraying yesterday.

2 Likes

Re: [ATM] Have You Experienced This Before? How Can One Troll These Bank People? by VlamesIffect(f): 5:02pm On Jul 17, 2021
Wetin you sef dey find for keystone bank?
Re: [ATM] Have You Experienced This Before? How Can One Troll These Bank People? by Xenry: 8:41pm On Jul 17, 2021
Re: [ATM] Have You Experienced This Before? How Can One Troll These Bank People? by antiterrorism(m): 8:53pm On Jul 17, 2021
Internal collaboration spotted.
Re: [ATM] Have You Experienced This Before? How Can One Troll These Bank People? by 27Pushing30: 9:47pm On Jul 17, 2021
Xenry:
So, I opened an account in a Keystone bank recently and I went there yesterday to complete the registration and collect my ATM card.
Now, some idiots are calling me to try to scam me. They would call and ask me if I'm Mr — —, and then ask if I have withdrawn money with the ATM card, and then proceed to get my ATM details, claiming that they are calling from the bank.
I first received their call yesterday, and I tried to play them and give them fake ATM details, but they noticed what I was doing along the line, and cut the call after saying that I was unserious and that they will block my account, blah blah blah...
Today again, another one called. He started with the same annoying question: are you Mr — —? Have you withdrawn money with your ATM card? And that they want to activate it, they then went ahead to ask me to get the card and be ready to give them it's details. I then told them that if there's any problem with my Bank ATM card, that I will personally go to the bank and fix it myself, they replied, "but we are calling from the bank, Sir." Then I told them, "I don't give a fùck whether you are calling from the bank or not, just stop disturbing me with your calls," and his last reply before cutting the call was, "Your papa, na you be the fool, god go punish you."
Mehn, how can I effectively handle these people when next they call? I need to troll them; I tried to give them fake details yesterday, but it didn't work because they noticed it.
Anyways, share your experience with these annoying people.

We need try nab on of these mofos make dem talk who dey leak these infos

A customer complained to me his wife (who only just came into Nigeria and only got BVN/enrolled with us) received a call from these scammers regarding her ATM

I began asking myself how do they get the info of new ATM card issued customers?

They target only newly issued cards

It’s all banks
Re: [ATM] Have You Experienced This Before? How Can One Troll These Bank People? by SKhanmi: 11:31pm On Jul 17, 2021
Change that bank. E get why.
Re: [ATM] Have You Experienced This Before? How Can One Troll These Bank People? by Xenry: 11:03am On Jul 20, 2021
27Pushing30:

We need try nab on of these mofos make dem talk who dey leak these infos

A customer complained to me his wife (who only just came into Nigeria and only got BVN/enrolled with us) received a call from these scammers regarding her ATM

I began asking myself how do they get the info of new ATM card issued customers?

They target only newly issued cards

It’s all banks
They are working together with the bank employees; that is the only way they can get those information. They are probably the bank employees themselves.

(1) (Reply)

We Buy Scrap Inverter Deep Cycle Batteries Etc @ Reasonable Prices / Smart Alban Eze Njoku Ike Nabbed By Efcc / Lagos Slay Queen Drives Car Without Owner’s Consent, Damages Two Vehicles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.