Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,128 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:23 AM

Femi Fani-Kayode Prostrates Before Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Femi Fani-Kayode Prostrates Before Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) (43755 Views)

Shuaibu Audu Prostrates Before President Tinubu / Atiku, Wife Pay Courtesy Visit To Ooni Of Ife (Photos) / Obasanjo Prostrates Before The Agura Of Gbágùrá (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Femi Fani-Kayode Prostrates Before Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by kingsleefolli(m): 3:04pm On Jul 18, 2021
This discussion,is not about Nigeria oooo.i think na business talk they came for.
Re: Femi Fani-Kayode Prostrates Before Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by theTranslator: 3:05pm On Jul 18, 2021
jackcanfield:
King of the City of Love, custodian of the Orisha ...Yoruba people have an advance religion but they just abandon it.
I'm already finding ways to propagate Òrìṣà and ifa

Even black Americans and Cubans worship orishá than we the homeland people
Re: Femi Fani-Kayode Prostrates Before Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by Sammy07: 3:07pm On Jul 18, 2021
Buccalcavity2:
I still marvel at this Ife culture and organization. The king has many king subjects who are still rightful kings in their domain and still run errands within and outside the palace of the Oni. Yet they don't have as much history of revolt like the Oyo empire. Though I think the Oyo empire was bigger and mightier but the dynamics surrounding the Oni seems more complicated.

Una just wan cause unnecessary thing.

Everyone knows that Oranmiyan the founder of Oyo was a warrior.
So it is expected of him to go and conquer, and spread out.

How do you think most of Yoruba towns are founded?
Isn't through expedition by warrior/warriors?

5 Likes

Re: Femi Fani-Kayode Prostrates Before Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by babatee90(m): 3:09pm On Jul 18, 2021
orikoku:
Even his father will prostrate before Oni.
yesso…even Buhari and his father if he was alive would do the same
Re: Femi Fani-Kayode Prostrates Before Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by tishbite41(m): 3:09pm On Jul 18, 2021
Twitter ban don off FFK

Cambridge rascal

I like your grammar
Re: Femi Fani-Kayode Prostrates Before Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by ScotDan: 3:10pm On Jul 18, 2021
If you are not a bastard in Yoruba land, you don't need to be told before you postrate to greet elders talkless of a whole king of the land. Yoruba is very rich in culture.

1 Like

Re: Femi Fani-Kayode Prostrates Before Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by theTranslator: 3:10pm On Jul 18, 2021
Buccalcavity2:
I still marvel at this Ife culture and organization. The king has many king subjects who are still rightful kings in their domain and still run errands within and outside the palace of the Oni. Yet they don't have as much history of revolt like the Oyo empire. Though I think the Oyo empire was bigger and mightier but the dynamics surrounding the Oni seems more complicated.
Oyo is military and political
Ife is spiritual
All Yoruba people rever Ife as the cradle of all of us
Even the Alaafin knows this

2 Likes

Re: Femi Fani-Kayode Prostrates Before Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by geosegun(m): 3:12pm On Jul 18, 2021
jackcanfield:
King of the City of Love, custodian of the Orisha ...Yoruba people have an advance religion but they just abandon it.

Nay it is the land of expansion
Re: Femi Fani-Kayode Prostrates Before Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by nairavsdollars(f): 3:13pm On Jul 18, 2021
Why are they covering the Ooni before sitting?
Re: Femi Fani-Kayode Prostrates Before Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by Psalmistproject: 3:14pm On Jul 18, 2021
Prostrate or bit the dust?!!

These guys are dead meats.
Re: Femi Fani-Kayode Prostrates Before Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by Sammy07: 3:14pm On Jul 18, 2021
nairavsdollars:
Why are they covering the Ooni before sitting?

Normal culture and procedures for kings in Yoruba land.
You don't watch king sitting down.

Kings don't even eat in front of you!

1 Like

Re: Femi Fani-Kayode Prostrates Before Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by BAVOSKI(m): 3:15pm On Jul 18, 2021
And so ... okay you want Oni to prostrate for him..or what?
Re: Femi Fani-Kayode Prostrates Before Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by Progressive15: 3:17pm On Jul 18, 2021
Ex- President of this country, Olusegun Obasanjo had done that severally, so who are you ? This is not a news joo.
Re: Femi Fani-Kayode Prostrates Before Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by Nobody: 3:21pm On Jul 18, 2021
Clown and drug addict.
Re: Femi Fani-Kayode Prostrates Before Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by pacespot(m): 3:26pm On Jul 18, 2021
Is like these people carry cameraman along with them going to different places. A lot of charades in this country
Re: Femi Fani-Kayode Prostrates Before Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by fredoooooo: 3:32pm On Jul 18, 2021
orikoku:

Dat baba get pride, reason why he bark like a
dog till death cheesy
Re: Femi Fani-Kayode Prostrates Before Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by PussyKing(m): 3:39pm On Jul 18, 2021
Who is Oni of Ife by the way?

Don't prostate before a useless king

What does Oni of ife do for a living
Re: Femi Fani-Kayode Prostrates Before Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by chukwuibuipob: 3:46pm On Jul 18, 2021
cool KUDOS to ODUDUWA/AFONJA pipu#RESPECT cool unlike my pipu dat prostrate to drink MNK sad Pig urine cool sad.

1 Like

Re: Femi Fani-Kayode Prostrates Before Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by Btruth: 3:53pm On Jul 18, 2021
orikoku:
...as in Baba Baba ee too go prostrate for Onirisa.....dey never born any Yoruba pikin well, that he will never bow to Ooni of Ife.

grin grin
Re: Femi Fani-Kayode Prostrates Before Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by Sammy07: 3:54pm On Jul 18, 2021
PussyKing:

Go to his palace and tell him that.

2 Likes

Re: Femi Fani-Kayode Prostrates Before Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by Saintmary(f): 4:08pm On Jul 18, 2021
Buccalcavity2:

Don't get it twisted, both royal stools are under one culture. Yoruba is one and same all over the world.

2 Likes

Re: Femi Fani-Kayode Prostrates Before Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by Saintmary(f): 4:12pm On Jul 18, 2021
PussyKing:

It's not your fault.
You have no ancestry.
You will leave no legacy.
Repent, else you will rot, and be forgotten.

2 Likes

Re: Femi Fani-Kayode Prostrates Before Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by geemd434: 4:27pm On Jul 18, 2021
lkillbrokehoes:
Even the vegetable Buhari will prostrate before him grin
Your Oni dey prostrate before sultan.
Re: Femi Fani-Kayode Prostrates Before Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by Mokason288(m): 4:30pm On Jul 18, 2021
lkillbrokehoes:
Even the vegetable Buhari will prostrate before him grin
But he stood up from his sit for PAPA Adeboye to sit down

Re: Femi Fani-Kayode Prostrates Before Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by Mokason288(m): 4:31pm On Jul 18, 2021
orikoku:
But the Oni Ife stood up for Pa Adeboye to sit down

Re: Femi Fani-Kayode Prostrates Before Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by Abbamasta(m): 4:38pm On Jul 18, 2021
EBMedia:
Former Aviation Minister, Femi Fani-Kayode prostrated before the Ooni of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi, when he visited his Palace, IgbereTV reports.

Femi Fani-Kayode shared the video in his Instagram handle with the caption;

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CRbZtTMjetK/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link
Yoruba are very respectful people.
Don't allow that half-igbo man called igboho to destroy your culture.

See video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfNe49m-aXc
Re: Femi Fani-Kayode Prostrates Before Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by Vicky2580: 4:42pm On Jul 18, 2021
What did u expect him to do at first.... U expect him to handshake the traditional ruler like the president? grin
Re: Femi Fani-Kayode Prostrates Before Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by Onarabu: 4:57pm On Jul 18, 2021
orikoku:
Abi o, who then is FFK not to have done that
Re: Femi Fani-Kayode Prostrates Before Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by Emilokoiyawon: 5:23pm On Jul 18, 2021
Themainboy22:
One of the things I love about the Yorubas. But funny enough, I find it very difficult to adapt and accept the fact that it's their culture. The first time I went to Yoruba land, people who are older than me, will be prostrating to greet me with the phrase "sir, sir" grin. It was that difficult that at a point I started to avoid especially the older ones (lol). But with time, I discovered that it's their culture and that's how almost all of them accords respect to everyone, I began to relax.

Which Yoruba elder call your sir? Stop lying. Unless you look like an ancestor and they think you are older than them.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Boko Haram ‘Governor’, ‘Three-Star Commander’ Surrender / Excited Supporters Welcome Ademola Adeleke To APC Secretariat For Screening / Nigerians React To Amaechi's Audio Tapes Destroying PMB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.