Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,115 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:45 PM

A Look Into Obi Cubana's Family & Why His Mother Deserves A Befitting Burial - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / A Look Into Obi Cubana's Family & Why His Mother Deserves A Befitting Burial (94547 Views)

Mohbad Deserves A Befitting Burial and Justice- Naira Marley / Take A Look Into Obi Cubana’s Insane Car Collection And Source Of Income (photo) / Emmanuella: My Mother Deserves An Estate, But I No Be Dangote (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Look Into Obi Cubana's Family & Why His Mother Deserves A Befitting Burial by aribisala0(m): 6:05pm On Jul 18, 2021
IVORY2009:
[s][/s]

Must you always talk shocked
No

Not to nitwits and imbeciles I do not have to speak to unintelligent or brainless people

2 Likes

Re: A Look Into Obi Cubana's Family & Why His Mother Deserves A Befitting Burial by aribisala0(m): 6:07pm On Jul 18, 2021
Vanzcharles:

Yurk!!!!
I sha get money pass you.
How much wey u get ogbeni...no dey shalaye, na u wan tell person how to spend him money?

I never said this anyways, if I were to be given the option to be a pauper or to spend recklessly I will pick the latter.
But I get sense pass you and your papa no dey feed me or pay my rent

I have enough I have enough to pay my bills without asking your father for help

That is the Igbo mentality if you have more money than me you are better

2 Likes

Re: A Look Into Obi Cubana's Family & Why His Mother Deserves A Befitting Burial by Vanzcharles(m): 6:07pm On Jul 18, 2021
aribisala0:
I did not mention Trust issues first .Do not lie.

I just pointed out the simple truth that even you say others have so do you

Your other nine fingers are pointing at you
You are funny man... You are pointing not me, I am your 9 fingers.. Keep pointing out simple truth. Before you talk the igbo tribe, remember other tribes are guilty of sane so stop stereotyping... You be bigot sha.. Weytin i expect pass dz one.
Re: A Look Into Obi Cubana's Family & Why His Mother Deserves A Befitting Burial by IVORY2009(m): 6:07pm On Jul 18, 2021
[s]
aribisala0:
No

Not to nitwits and imbeciles I do not have to speak to unintelligent or brainless people
[/s]

Then swallow your pride and lay low.
Re: A Look Into Obi Cubana's Family & Why His Mother Deserves A Befitting Burial by aribisala0(m): 6:09pm On Jul 18, 2021
Vanzcharles:

You are funny man... You are pointing not me, I am your 9 fingers.. Keep pointing out simple truth. Before you talk the igbo tribe, remember other tribes are guilty of sane so stop stereotyping... You be bigot sha.. Weytin i expect pass dz one.
Guy I was not the first to mention Trust . Scroll up read and stop the crap

1 Like

Re: A Look Into Obi Cubana's Family & Why His Mother Deserves A Befitting Burial by Vanzcharles(m): 6:09pm On Jul 18, 2021
aribisala0:

But I get sense pass you and your papa no dey feed me or pay my rent

I have enough I have enough to pay my bills without asking your father for help

That is the Igbo mentality if you have more money than me you are better

Yep I am unapologetically igbo.. Guy make money, na money sweet pass.
U fit ger sense pass me, ion give a Bleep. Doesn't make me senseless, neither me fit get money pass you doesn't make you a pauper, there are levels to this thing.
Re: A Look Into Obi Cubana's Family & Why His Mother Deserves A Befitting Burial by Adakintroy: 6:10pm On Jul 18, 2021
Everybody who criticize wealth funeral is just lazy and poor. It's lazy jabs of unreasonable men.

Reasonable igbos like okonjo or Chinua achebe would not have a funeral like this. Now those are real reasonable people. Now you see with obi cubanas money he is still beneath achebe in social status. All honest reasonne people reason along straight lines. Igbo, youruba or hausa. American German or Cubans.

2 Likes

Re: A Look Into Obi Cubana's Family & Why His Mother Deserves A Befitting Burial by aribisala0(m): 6:10pm On Jul 18, 2021
IVORY2009:
[s][/s]

Then swallow your pride and lay low.
What is your business with me?

Did I ask your father to pay my internet subscription contract?
Re: A Look Into Obi Cubana's Family & Why His Mother Deserves A Befitting Burial by ThEGodFaThEr102: 6:10pm On Jul 18, 2021
aribisala0:
Igbos do not have trust issues? The most clnnish people on earth

How many Igbo traders employ apprentices from outside their clan not to talk of a non-Igbo
Stop saying what you dont know and keep your mouth Shut! Visit just trade faire and you'll see so many non-igbos as apprentices and workers under these Igbo guys.
Don't always sit on the fence and cast aspersions at things you know little about.
Re: A Look Into Obi Cubana's Family & Why His Mother Deserves A Befitting Burial by Temptee101(m): 6:10pm On Jul 18, 2021
YorubaKinging:
[s]The end is near

What's the definition of befitting?

Is it spraying money around ?

Igbos are always low self esteemed

They want to force themselves to be recognized

But we love you still[/s]

I smell deep tears.

1 Like

Re: A Look Into Obi Cubana's Family & Why His Mother Deserves A Befitting Burial by drizzle0007(m): 6:11pm On Jul 18, 2021
IgweOfNnewi:
Buried his mother in funfair whereas the community he lives have bad rusty roads

Questions.

Is it your money?
Is he the government that's mandated to do this?
Is the bad roads in his community more important than his mother?
Are you fortunate?

1 Like

Re: A Look Into Obi Cubana's Family & Why His Mother Deserves A Befitting Burial by Eriokanmi: 6:12pm On Jul 18, 2021
Naxo dem shower encomium on Eze Ego of Lagos in those days, even fabricated how he rose to stardom legitimately until his final days when Nigerians knew he was ritualistic in nature. His mansion in Ihiala, which used to be a talk of the town is now a desolate relic. His wife didn't even know his source of wealth until his death. His children ran away to avoid disgrace.

How old is Obi Kubana? How much does he make from his club business that would earn him a billionaire status? How many investments did he inherit?

Only time will tell.

Stop celebrating shady wealth people.

1 Like

Re: A Look Into Obi Cubana's Family & Why His Mother Deserves A Befitting Burial by Skillsnigeria: 6:13pm On Jul 18, 2021
Noted
Re: A Look Into Obi Cubana's Family & Why His Mother Deserves A Befitting Burial by donforeign: 6:13pm On Jul 18, 2021
IgweOfNnewi:
Buried his mother in funfair whereas the community he lives have bad rusty roads
Is he the governor?
What of the local government chairman ode..
I
Re: A Look Into Obi Cubana's Family & Why His Mother Deserves A Befitting Burial by donforeign: 6:14pm On Jul 18, 2021
YorubaKinging:
The end is near

What's the definition of befitting?

Is it spraying money around ?

Igbos are always low self esteemed

They want to force themselves to be recognized

But we love you still
No one cares ode
Re: A Look Into Obi Cubana's Family & Why His Mother Deserves A Befitting Burial by IgweOfNnewi: 6:14pm On Jul 18, 2021
drizzle0007:

Questions.

Is it your money?
Is he the government that's mandated to do this?
Is the bad roads in his community more important than his mother?
Are you fortunate?
I will answer your last question, No I am not, but your father might be, because you show what ranging in your family with your statement
Re: A Look Into Obi Cubana's Family & Why His Mother Deserves A Befitting Burial by Drakkernoir: 6:14pm On Jul 18, 2021
aribisala0:
It is clear who is poor
One of the commonest "insults" you would hear from an Igbo person is to call a person poor

That is their greatest fear and shapes everything about them

That is why they have little regard for elders and worship money

Having gotten money they do not know what to do with it

We have seen Igbo governors take people to Government House to flog them for "rudeness"

That is what is considered alpha male Igbo behaviour.
The idea is money is meant to belittle or oppress. That is your primitive orientation and mindset

In community levels if you are doing fund raising one person who thinks he has money would come and say. Everybody shut up I will pay for everything and his elders would look on like Mumu. THAT IS CULTURE . Everybody claps and says THAT IS MONEY TALKING

That is the sum of your culture.

Fine but do not try to shove that down our throats.

For us it is crude and tasteless

When it comes to culture you have nothing progressive to share or teach others

100 bottles of palm wine for you my guy...

U nailed it.....same with all those new generational money folks...we can not hear word..we must pout champagne on chairs and people to know we have arrived.....

Such a stupid mindset..

You will never see nouveau rich doing such

2 Likes

Re: A Look Into Obi Cubana's Family & Why His Mother Deserves A Befitting Burial by donforeign: 6:14pm On Jul 18, 2021
Niece:
In this same Obi's family, I won't be surprised if there are those who can't afford 3 meals a day. He has succeeded in using his mother for clunt.
Use urs for clout na...ode
Re: A Look Into Obi Cubana's Family & Why His Mother Deserves A Befitting Burial by Nobody: 6:15pm On Jul 18, 2021
accountantben:
THE NIGERIAN DREAM (OBI CUBANA & CO)
There is nothing wrong in spending the money you legitimately earned on the things you love. People tend to spend their resources on the thing that gives them the greatest happiness. Happiness itself is subjective. One man's meet is another man's poison.

Many Europeans spend millions of dollars on paintings, antique, archeological artifacts, tourism, super yachts, private jets, expensive vintage wines, lavish parties, mansions, diamond encrusted jewelry, autographed memorabilia, 7 star hotels, Rolce Royces, Bentleys, Ferraris, Lamborghini and Bugatti, and more recently, trips to space in special shuttles. There is no shortage of things to spend money on when you get the stuff.

Many billionaires live lavish and many others especially cerebral ones live modestly in one area and do conspicuous consumption in other areas of life. It appears humans are generally wired to desire the good life, and show it to others. They merely express this desire differently. Some people desire lots of money to reach a certain level of happiness. It depends on your values. Whatever makes you come alive, puts you in charge, and get people to reference you in a way that you love, may be the source of your happiness. The bottomline is a sense of accomplishment, happiness and self actualization. Some people get that THING with lots of money, and others get it with little amounts of money. For Bob Marley, it is living forever in the hearts of men through his music. For Bill gates, it is been able to solve practical and existential problems of the world. For some others, it is making heaven. For me, It is not anyone's business,or should it be?

We put our treasure where our heart is. If you desire the respect and worship of people in your lifetime a lot, you will tend to spend your money on things that people will praise you for. If you desire the respect of posterity, you will tend to spend your money and life on things that last longer than your lifetime. If you desire the enjoyment of physical self more than anything else, you will become like Epicurus who said "Let us eat and drink today, for tomorrow we shall die". We all are wired to desire happiness. In this pursuit, we desire it differently. Some are oriented towards the transient, while others are oriented towards the 'permanent' if it is at all possible. One man's groove is another man's vanity.

The average Nigerian is inclined towards self aggrandizement, outward displays of wealth, and general exhibitionism. They love parties, praise singing and extravagance. They also love to find creative ways to celebrate adversity, like making a party out of the death of a loved one. They could borrow money to fund a wedding and live in a poverty stricken marriage. The idea is to keep up appearances that all is well. In this clime, people will give you money to waste in dead weight expenditures like parties and funerals, but would not give you money to fund a business. We love to show the world that we are the boss. FESTAC 77 was all about that. Now the roof of the theater is leaking.

Family values, religion, education, talents, peer factors, vocation, work, ease or difficulty of getting money, exposure, prevailing cultural influence, and personal motivations inspire people's actions. If I had the kind of money that was spent in Oba, Anambra state by the Cubana gang, I would in all likelihood behave differently given what I know. However, it is not my call. Let those who have money chop it!
am going to give you a beer

Re: A Look Into Obi Cubana's Family & Why His Mother Deserves A Befitting Burial by DNAreplication: 6:16pm On Jul 18, 2021
aribisala0:
Igbos do not have trust issues? The most clnnish people on earth

How many Igbo traders employ apprentices from outside their clan not to talk of a non-Igbo
why the hate on another man's success from your people because he is Igbo.
Re: A Look Into Obi Cubana's Family & Why His Mother Deserves A Befitting Burial by sonofElElyon: 6:17pm On Jul 18, 2021
IgweOfNnewi:
Also with all that money sprayed him, he should establish a charity (foundation) named after his mum to help e.g cancer or sickle cell patients etc. That would immortalise her name.. all those who sprayed money at the burial should donate generously to this worthy cause..
That's how to immortalise his mum

2 Likes

Re: A Look Into Obi Cubana's Family & Why His Mother Deserves A Befitting Burial by nedekid: 6:18pm On Jul 18, 2021
IgweOfNnewi:
Is he government that he should fix public roads?

1 Like

Re: A Look Into Obi Cubana's Family & Why His Mother Deserves A Befitting Burial by Eriokanmi: 6:19pm On Jul 18, 2021
donforeign:

Is he the governor?
What of the local government chairman ode..
I
His giving back to the society status should have also been extended to fixing the road, without waiting for the Politicians. Ritualistic beings don't spend like that. The elaborate burial was for a purpose. I pity all those who went there to eat that day...only serious deliverance would restore their stolen destiny and make them normal again. Eze Ego of Lagos' story ought to have taught a lot of people a lesson.

1 Like

Re: A Look Into Obi Cubana's Family & Why His Mother Deserves A Befitting Burial by aribisala0(m): 6:19pm On Jul 18, 2021
Vanzcharles:

Yep I am unapologetically igbo.. Guy make money, na money sweet pass.
U fit ger sense pass me, ion give a Bleep. Doesn't make me senseless, neither me fit get money pass you doesn't make you a pauper, there are levels to this thing.
If you get money do you have it for me? What is my business with what money you think you have.

Boasting you have money on Nairaland is clear evidence you have little sense

Money sweet pass FOR YOU

Not for me.

I have money for my needs and I am content and self reliant

If you don't have sense then after money what?
You go to a hotel and book 20 rooms and sleep in one to prove you have money

The fundamental issue is this

You have a profound inferiority complex that you seek to heal with money

Knowing what we know of you most of the time it is empty boasting

You telling me you have more money than me is just another empty Ibo boast

Those people stoning money are doing the same thing. Trying to say they have money

They do not really have money they are PARVENUS

2 Likes

Re: A Look Into Obi Cubana's Family & Why His Mother Deserves A Befitting Burial by nedekid: 6:20pm On Jul 18, 2021
sonofElElyon:

Also with all that money sprayed him, he should establish a charity (foundation) named after his mum to help e.g cancer or sickle cell patients etc. That would immortalise her name.. all those who sprayed money at the burial should donate generously to this worthy cause..
That's how to immortalise his mum
Advising billionaire how to spend his money?
Carry on grin
Re: A Look Into Obi Cubana's Family & Why His Mother Deserves A Befitting Burial by Vanzcharles(m): 6:21pm On Jul 18, 2021
aribisala0:
If you get money do you have it for me? What is my business with what money you think you have.

Boasting you have money on Nairaland is clear evidence you have little sense

Money sweet pass FOR YOU

Not for me.

I have money for my needs and I am content and self reliant

If you don't have sense then after money what?
You go to a hotel and book 20 rooms and sleep in one to prove you have money

The fundamental issue is this

You have a profound inferiority complex that you seek to heal with money

Knowing what we know of you most of the time it is empty boasting

You telling me you have more money than me is just another empty Ibo boast

Those people stoning money are doing the same thing. Trying to say they have money

They do not really have money they are PARVENUS

Save me the epistles bro.... I love money. So?
Are you done?

If yes keep shut/ if no keep talking.

1 Like

Re: A Look Into Obi Cubana's Family & Why His Mother Deserves A Befitting Burial by aribisala0(m): 6:22pm On Jul 18, 2021
Drakkernoir:

100 bottles of palm wine for you my guy...

U nailed it.....same with all those new generational money folks...we can not hear word..we must pout champagne on chairs and people to know we have arrived.....

Such a stupid mindset..

You will never see nouveau rich doing such
I agree but I think you maybe have a typo-error

This is exactly what noveau riche aka Parvenus do. They are troubled by impostor syndrome. All of this is done to force or command respect that they deep down feel they are undeserving of

1 Like

Re: A Look Into Obi Cubana's Family & Why His Mother Deserves A Befitting Burial by sonofElElyon: 6:23pm On Jul 18, 2021
nedekid:

Advising billionaire how to spend his money?
Carry on grin
You are right.. it's an "advice". Which he probably won't get to read.. but if he does, he is not bound to heed the advice of course... But I think it's a good one.. don't you?
Re: A Look Into Obi Cubana's Family & Why His Mother Deserves A Befitting Burial by aribisala0(m): 6:24pm On Jul 18, 2021
Vanzcharles:

Save me the epistles bro.... I love money. So?
Are you done?

If yes keep shut/ if no keep talking.
Follow your advice and share it with your father.

1 Like

Re: A Look Into Obi Cubana's Family & Why His Mother Deserves A Befitting Burial by IVORY2009(m): 6:25pm On Jul 18, 2021
aribisala0:
What is your business with me?

Did I ask your father to pay my internet subscription contract?

Lolzzzzz grin

This is how your children will insult you too at your old age......
Re: A Look Into Obi Cubana's Family & Why His Mother Deserves A Befitting Burial by Burgerlomo: 6:26pm On Jul 18, 2021
ELKHALIFAISIS:
Many have been lost in thoughts while others are still in confusing states, pondering why an aged woman's burial gulped millions of Naira. A little look into Akaeze family explained every thing.

Obinna Iyiegbu popularly known as Obi cubanna is not the first son of the late Matriarch but the 3rd and last son of his parents. He has other 2 elderly senior brothers who we visibly see around him most at times.

The reasons all the attentions and limelight focus on Obi cubana alone is because he is the arrowhead to cubana's empires.. He is a law graduate and started his first business after graduation in a rented hall in Abuja, Ibiza Night Club was his first venture until he expanded to what we know today as Cubanna.

The matriarch is a mother who treated his children and others equally that's why the other of his brothers are also billionaires who are also members of popular club called De pinnacle International social club, this club before you become a member you must show prove of at least 1 billion naira bank statements, prove of source of income and their constitution states as a member you must attend a member ceremony, be it marriage, party or burial with 500,000 failure attracts fine of 1million naira..

Let's just cut the story short, Obi cubanna never forget his humble beginning and he knows very well the only time you can call yourself super rich or successful man is when all your siblings are also made and comfortable like you, that's why he extended his gestures to his siblings and they are all beneficiaries of his wealth.

Some mothers only recognise their children who seem brighter than others, doing well and giving them whatever they wishe as a mother, but not Odoziaku Akaeze, she loved her children equally and also taught his illustrious son how to help not only his siblings but others around him which Cubanna Chief Priest is a protege of Obinna Iyiegbu AKA Obi Yankee. So don't blame the celebrity bar man for gifting his boss nearly all the cows In Eastern Region (Never forget the hand that once fed you ) he deserves every bit of it...

Don't consider yourself rich until others related to you become rich as well, my people use to say 'uto nwanne bu mgbe umu nnegi nile bi Ofuma' (when all your siblings are doing well)

Rip Odoziaku Akaeze you left a legacy behind.. I present to you Iyiegbu billionaire brothers.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Boy Alinco Celebrates His 53rd Birthday (Photos) / Andrew Jack Dies Of Coronavirus At 76 / Sejal Sharma Commits Suicide, Drops Note

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.