Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,539 members, 7,808,985 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:32 PM

Meet The Female Banks CEOs In Nigeria - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Meet The Female Banks CEOs In Nigeria (53979 Views)

Highest Paid MD/CEOs In Nigeria In 2021 (Photos) / Top 5 Highest Earning CEOs In Nigeria Receive N272M To N586 Million Yearly / World’s Most Powerful Ceos In 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meet The Female Banks CEOs In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:35pm On Jul 18, 2021
Re: Meet The Female Banks CEOs In Nigeria by Kwara1stson: 2:37pm On Jul 18, 2021
Prosperchuks1344:

Una too dey yarn rubbish...
So other regions never valued education before...

If not for Lagos giving you guys the upper hand in things like this, y'all are nothing compared to those in SE and SS...
mumu, is Lagos not in South West?
Re: Meet The Female Banks CEOs In Nigeria by DeejaywonDJ1(m): 2:38pm On Jul 18, 2021
descarado:

GTbank is not a Nigerian owned bank by any yoruba pls.
GT Bank is a subsidiary of GTBank UK.
Yeah, you heard it right.

It's here that I learnt its from UK. Was shocking to me too. Lagos ibadan newspapers has a history of distorting the truth.
Google GTBANK UK
GTbank was formed in 1988 by over 35 young Nigerians in their thirties, spearheaded mostly by Tayo Aderinokun and Fola Adeola, but also included Femi Pedro, Gbolade Osibodu, Femi Akingbe, Akin Opeodu and others.

2 Likes

Re: Meet The Female Banks CEOs In Nigeria by Newton85: 2:41pm On Jul 18, 2021
MrGerald:
How's it 90%? Always chest beating... OK let us go international...
Lol, what's the meaning of "let us go international"?
Re: Meet The Female Banks CEOs In Nigeria by RioCarputo(m): 2:42pm On Jul 18, 2021
there is one particular traits synonymous to them all. they switched carrier and all went ahead to study management related courses in top schools... there's no way no way you will go study at a ivy school that won't get immediate employment with bigger role... LBS, still remain the top post graduate school in Nigeria and 4th in Africa after, University Of Johannesburg, University of Capetown and University of Pretoria in the ranking and ranked top 40 schools in the world.. Baba God bless me too make I go at least Lagos Business School and make things better ooooo... who say Job no dey

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet The Female Banks CEOs In Nigeria by Newton85: 2:44pm On Jul 18, 2021
afube:
Shut up! Which stupid debt are you talking about? Wasn't she the same woman under whose watch Nigeria was borrowing to pay salary, even in the midst of an oil boom?

what sort of drivel are you yapping about, the woman that got us out of the debt trap that our Fulani military heads of state plunged us into and I daresay another Fulani olodo has once again returned us to.....na dis same woman you dey call names? be careful how you accuse people o! That the world is run by western powers does not mean everyone that works in their establishment is part of their grand plans.
Re: Meet The Female Banks CEOs In Nigeria by descarado: 2:44pm On Jul 18, 2021
DeejaywonDJ1:

GTbank was formed in 1988 by over 35 young Nigerians in their thirties, spearheaded mostly by Tayo Aderinokun and Fola Adeola, but also included Femi Pedro, Gbolade Osibodu, Femi Akingbe, Akin Opeodu and others.
I no fit debate pls.

Yeah, I too thought GTBank is yoruba Bank.
Nil.
https://www.gtbankuk.com
GTBank UK

Shocking, isn't it?

I'm not into tribal ish. No time for that but was shocked like other when I discovered its really owned by British. Sad. Never knew its a foreign bank.
Re: Meet The Female Banks CEOs In Nigeria by Newton85: 2:47pm On Jul 18, 2021
I rarely hear of successful Yorubas schooling in Igboland. How come many of these successful Igbos schooled in Yorubaland?
Re: Meet The Female Banks CEOs In Nigeria by morrisono111: 2:47pm On Jul 18, 2021
oluwoleife:
Awon Omoluabi

One of these would be CBN Governor soon

Sure

1 Like

Re: Meet The Female Banks CEOs In Nigeria by patani(m): 2:51pm On Jul 18, 2021
azpekuliar:
Why is their oga pata pata missing from the list? Mrs. Sola David-Borha. cool

Shola has moved to become Chief Executive Standard Bank Africa. she doesn't play local league again lol

Ghana, Zimbabwe, CIV, Zambia,Namibia Nigeria etc now reports to her...
Re: Meet The Female Banks CEOs In Nigeria by KingOdart(m): 2:51pm On Jul 18, 2021
descarado:

I no fit debate pls.

Nil.
GTBank UK

Shocking, isn't it?

I'm not into tribal ish. No time for that but was shocked like other when I discovered its really owned by British. Sad. Never knew its a foreign bank.

Read

GTBank UK is just a subsidiary of GTBank Nigeria.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet The Female Banks CEOs In Nigeria by tishbite41(m): 2:52pm On Jul 18, 2021
tunwumi:

Educate your ignorance. You can't bear Mrs after divorce. She's a Yoruba girl raised in ibadan
You must be an ignorant drunk if you really believe the gibberish you typed

Afonjas and ignorance
Re: Meet The Female Banks CEOs In Nigeria by tishbite41(m): 2:53pm On Jul 18, 2021
Newton85:
I rarely hear of successful Yorubas schooling in Igboland. How come many of these successful Igbos schooled in Yorubaland?
Elizade
Re: Meet The Female Banks CEOs In Nigeria by patani(m): 2:54pm On Jul 18, 2021
descarado:

I no fit debate pls.

Nil.
GTBank UK

Shocking, isn't it?

It started in Nigeria and went on to become international through UK subsidary establishment..

Wikipedia is there man
Re: Meet The Female Banks CEOs In Nigeria by SIRTee15: 2:55pm On Jul 18, 2021
descarado:

I no fit debate pls.

Nil.
GTBank UK

Shocking, isn't it?

Gtbank uk is a subsidiary of gtbank here in nigeria. Not the other way round.
British own nothing, it's purely a nigerian affair.
Here is the list of the board of directors
https://www.gtbank.com/about/our-company/corporate-governance/board-of-directors
How many British name did u see there?
Whatever your motive...get sound education b4 coming online to spread ignorance.
Anyway, gtb has been delisted from the NSE and is now guarantee trust holdings.

4 Likes

Re: Meet The Female Banks CEOs In Nigeria by Bossman25(m): 2:57pm On Jul 18, 2021
Be deceiving yourself.
Some of the banks are not functioning optimally. Some you can't say they have gotten there in terms of a standard multinational banks. You female only know how to come to office and form big boss.
Shebi the minister of Finance is busy borrowing money naaa?

FutureIsFemale:
The table is turning. Oh! What a time to be alive. May we all witness a female GCFR in this country IJN.
[img]https://media./images/701a32089dae6464ea37bf4f8595c256/tenor.gif[/img]

Soon we'd be hearing statements like; "Your Excellency, the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, Mrs. ........................

And that day my heart would be gladden with great joy. And I'd leap and thank the Lord for he has delivered us from our oppressors. It's going to be the beginning of a new dawn. May God keep us all alive to witness it IJN.

The other day I saw a picture of a quiz competition and when I looked closely, I discovered that majority if not, all the contestants were FEMALES. Oh! My heart leaped for joy.
And I shouted:
"When the Lord brought back the captive ones of Zion, We were like those who dream. Then our mouth was filled with laughter And our tongue with joyful shouting; Then they said among the nations, “The Lord has done great things for them.” The Lord has done great things for us; We are glad".

Dear nairalanders, don't try to quote me because you all would never understand my pains. There were times I wished I was a male due to the ill-treatment I received from the opposite sex. My heart gladdens whenever I see or hear great things from my gender. For years back, we were the rejected stones. We were written off. I remember when female education was meaningless to the African people. But today the Lord has changed our story.

The FUTURE is FEMALE
Re: Meet The Female Banks CEOs In Nigeria by Akhee: 2:58pm On Jul 18, 2021
Re: Meet The Female Banks CEOs In Nigeria by Bossman25(m): 3:01pm On Jul 18, 2021
Yes now.....That's why a simple withdrawal is taking long and the bank is still not up to scratch.
Be deceiving yourself there..........This same women that can't come together and find solutions to improve the banking services of this country....despite the influx of cash.

Female in leadership, that one working at Ministry of finance can continue to borrow till 23rd century.

Hotzone:
Women in leadership
Re: Meet The Female Banks CEOs In Nigeria by velocity25(m): 3:06pm On Jul 18, 2021
KingOdart:

4 Yoruba, 2 Igbo, one northerner
did you add Miriam to Yoruba list?
Re: Meet The Female Banks CEOs In Nigeria by KingOdart(m): 3:08pm On Jul 18, 2021
velocity25:
did you add Miriam to Yoruba list?

She is an Igbo woman that married Yoruba

Her full name is Miriam Chidiebere Olusanya

1 Like

Re: Meet The Female Banks CEOs In Nigeria by Aganju849: 3:14pm On Jul 18, 2021
kay29000:
Please who knows if that GT Bank CEO is married

To be gigolo in this part of the world you need the heart of a lion. It's far easier/simpler to just work for your own money and flex it as you like instead of spending your days sniffing some bulldyke's stinky butthole
Re: Meet The Female Banks CEOs In Nigeria by velocity25(m): 3:16pm On Jul 18, 2021
KingOdart:

She is an Igbo woman that married Yoruba

Her full name is Miriam Chidiebere Olusanya
bro am asking you that listed Yoruba as 4
Re: Meet The Female Banks CEOs In Nigeria by pacespot(m): 3:17pm On Jul 18, 2021
Even as a man, I wish women could become heads of many more key sectors in this country. What we have only gotten from men holding powers is using their affluence to become sugar daddies.
Re: Meet The Female Banks CEOs In Nigeria by pacespot(m): 3:18pm On Jul 18, 2021
Even as a man, I wish women could become heads of many more key sectors in this country. What we have only gotten from men holding powers is using their affluence to become sugar daddies to young women.
Re: Meet The Female Banks CEOs In Nigeria by Chuksmonika(m): 3:19pm On Jul 18, 2021
EdoFirstBorn:
No one cares
i do care boy!
Re: Meet The Female Banks CEOs In Nigeria by KingOdart(m): 3:20pm On Jul 18, 2021
velocity25:
bro am asking you that listed Yoruba as 4

I didn't add her to the list of Yoruba

Ireti Samuel Ogbu, Yoruba woman that married Igbo

Yemisi Edun, Yoruba

Kafilat Araoye, Yoruba

Tomi Somefun, Yoruba
Re: Meet The Female Banks CEOs In Nigeria by Fullanifuls(m): 3:23pm On Jul 18, 2021
Yoruba education is useless cos upon their education they still went ahead to vote and support a Fulani man with no educational level becos of the hate and jealousy over an Igbo man
Aderewah:
Mostly yoruba. The fruits of the SW emphasis on education will manifest through tech and the building of new brands in the coming years.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Female Banks CEOs In Nigeria by azpekuliar: 3:24pm On Jul 18, 2021
patani:

Shola has moved to become Chief Executive Standard Bank Africa. she doesn't play local league again lol

Ghana, Zimbabwe, CIV, Zambia,Namibia Nigeria etc now reports to her...

Yea, I know, that’s why I described her as the oga pata pata of the current female bank CEOs.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Female Banks CEOs In Nigeria by Deepthoughts: 3:25pm On Jul 18, 2021
FutureIsFemale:

https://www.thecable.ng/nneka-onyeali-ikpe-miriam-olusanya-female-bank-mds-shattering-the-ceiling
It's almost a case of connections rather than merit,how come almost all of them never had their first degree in any banking related courses only to do some abridged n attach certificate courses in the course of their work in the banks, how were they employed in the first place?,you want to cajole us into celebrating n reinforcing wuruwuru by connections! kole work!.
Re: Meet The Female Banks CEOs In Nigeria by Newton85: 3:26pm On Jul 18, 2021
tishbite41:

Elizade
Okay. That's why I wrote that I rarely hear of it unlike Igbos schooling in Yoruba land.
Re: Meet The Female Banks CEOs In Nigeria by LegendHero(m): 3:28pm On Jul 18, 2021
Onogiede:
who be this one, u wan Bleep with Edo in education matter,..you will be surprised one or more of those women listed are either born by Edo father or mother,..an average of Edo entity is varst mainly in everything.

Your “varst” truly show Edo people no sabi anything.
Re: Meet The Female Banks CEOs In Nigeria by descarado: 3:28pm On Jul 18, 2021
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.marketscreener.com/quote/stock/GUARANTY-TRUST-BANK-PLC-6500258/company/&ved=2ahUKEwja1rWz6uzxAhWDgVwKHRirAU4QFjABegQIBRAF&usg=AOvVaw2t_49EJyCoUzm2UjQgiiQQ&cshid=1626618641234
The shareholders will tell you the owners of bank GT in Nigeria.
Thank you all.

I would have loved if Nigeria has majority share but that's not the case.

Eerm, before I forget, chairman is an edo woman.
I don't see edo people jumping up and down here.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

The Crowd I Saw At The Onitsha Mall - Pictures / CBN Introduces New Charges On Bank Deposits And Withdrawals / How Much Is Cooking Gas In Your Area?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.