Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,398 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:27 AM

Married Men In The House Please Advice Me - Family (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Married Men In The House Please Advice Me (71474 Views)

Married Women Caught With Other Men In Their Husbands' Houses (Video) / Nigerian Lady Advises Married Men To Have Regular Sex With Wives To Stop Nagging / Why Married Men Prefer Us To Their Wives - Commercial Sex Workers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Married Men In The House Please Advice Me by Myke99: 6:43am On Jul 22, 2021
Bro don’t be deceived you’re not too young to get married, all u need is true love and money,
Forget abt is brothers that shit is normal in Lyf
Poor Nigeria mentality make us think gettin married @ 20th is wrong decision��‍♂️

1 Like

Re: Married Men In The House Please Advice Me by madamthemadam: 6:47am On Jul 22, 2021
ford101:
You see that prostitution she said she wants to go into. That's she can't go into it that she ll kill her self. My brother it's in her mind a long time ago to do it if go no go. And she ll do it soon.even if you. Kill ur self. I no girls that ll later go into that business wen I see them.

please shut your mouth if you have nothing reasonable to say...
Re: Married Men In The House Please Advice Me by Unbothered14: 6:49am On Jul 22, 2021
Golden147:

Though I didn't add nobody should advice me to to hustle.... Even as a student, I have a stable income bro...
Heheheheh you knew the hustle special advisers will come........grin

To the matter, If the lady really love you it is cool...Go ahead that is what matterss...Forget her siblings, people weh no get, fit wake up tomorrow to endless wealth...

One, thing about the marriage is that the guys will realize their sister now has a legal nuclear family to attend to...And watch them detach gently.

They are guys, they will survive...If it were sisters, I would av been worried, because one or two will follow their sister to her marital home..But, they are guys...So too big deal.

You just have to be psychological and mental ready for this phase of life called marriage...Especially at this your cool young age...Marriage is sweet with the right person.

Your woman love and respects you...Which is a huge determinant...

If you are ready, go on bro.
Re: Married Men In The House Please Advice Me by Dannyilo(m): 6:52am On Jul 22, 2021
I am surprised that people think for a man to get married at 24 is an error. The reason most men won't do it its simply because of financial constrains. If you love her, marry her. You can manage her siblings. If you leave her, she will not commit any suicide. Its just a regular line ladies use to keep men when they are in love. She will be hurt if you leave but will certainly move on and you will feel worse. I got married BTW 24/25yrs and I have no regrets. My age mates and friends are still bachelors, I have stopped giving birth like 3yrs ago. My first child is 9yrs old and I feel blessed because I married a special woman.
Nobody is useless, even her brothers you think are burdens may be your support in the future.
Re: Married Men In The House Please Advice Me by Bestman66: 6:54am On Jul 22, 2021
Go ahead quickly . there is joy when you marry early. You will surely overcome all fears. The table can turn for them tomorrow and they appreciate you.
Re: Married Men In The House Please Advice Me by Uniquekriss(m): 6:54am On Jul 22, 2021
It's obvious u ain't mature for marriage yet, buh my piece of advice is, if u both love each other and both parents have accepted d other and there's a stable income, marry her and don't reside anywhere close to where d brothers would always come to u, just take care of her parents when d need arises and do the one u can for d brothers, they'll adapt with time. Also make sure the girl has something fetching her money so she can be of good assistance to u and her brothers. That's not enough reason to leave her
Re: Married Men In The House Please Advice Me by ifygod20(m): 6:55am On Jul 22, 2021
If truly love her then ignored those her lazy brothers, what matters is the love u both shares.
Re: Married Men In The House Please Advice Me by Biggcake: 7:02am On Jul 22, 2021
anthonyuncle:
guy,
you are still immature for marriage

Will you keep kwayet
Re: Married Men In The House Please Advice Me by jaxxy(m): 7:05am On Jul 22, 2021
Golden147:

It's a lie bro....if I add how much I have spent on the brothers you will pity me...the second son as I talk to you is oweing me 250k nd has refused to pay me...keep giving me excuses....she knows about it...
As a man, you can't endure all this, I have seek advice from different individual.. everyone conderms such act.... By the brothers..... anyways you won't know... match I spent 45k to make sure the last BRO was realized after involving in rubbish act...
Anyways..thank you for your advice.

This is part of the immaturity we are talking about. It’s not about money bt about how u handle situations. U have her lousy brothers too much money to do nothing meaningful with it and expect it back? U bailed another lousy brother out of a ridiculous situation. Is that what u will be doing for the rest of life?

U should know when to help and not to help. How to help. Some people don’t need money, they need sense 1st. Giving money is meaningless in some cases.

2ndly the gal is “probably” a good gal bt u don’t yet seem to know how to deal with her peculiar situation which isn’t exactly uncommon. It’s a simple task if u know how to go about it. She must also stop using the the “suicide” loosely. It’s not a good trait.

That said she needs to be independent to look after her family to some extent without always disturbing u later in the future.

3rdly u don’t marry a gal just because u spent so much in her. U can always help sm1’s life without them owing u their life or commitment to marry. Marry her because u know she is right for u. If not let go.

Cheers.
Re: Married Men In The House Please Advice Me by Ashvik(m): 7:12am On Jul 22, 2021
DaCharis2016:
Can u wish urself a kidney failure? If yes then, OP can start having this mindset of urs as well.

That's the issue with y'all. You think life will be smooth all the time. So you don't plan for the bad days.

If you like, go and marry a family that's lazy and call it love.

Just don't do gofund me when shit hits the fan coz I'll remind you this of comment.
Re: Married Men In The House Please Advice Me by Kay25(m): 7:16am On Jul 22, 2021
Golden147:
Good afternoon everyone..
Please I'm kindly in need of advice... ignore my typing ERROR..
There's this girl I love and I want to settle down with her. She's still in school while I'm still in school too. She's 22 while I'm 24 nd also in final YR and we both love each other..my mum has supported me to marry her.
I proposed to her and she said yes...I plan going her house next month next to start official martial rites but I'm afraid.
Here is my reasons

She's the only girl and the last daughter in a family of 5boys. Ever since we started dating, she's in 100l then, all her school burdens are on me..I take care of her and mine own...with this people around who knows about our RELATIONSHIP ask me to marry her to avoid story that touches the heart..which he has accepted , her mum nd dad have accepted it too.
My major concern about this girl is that those his brothers are not willing to do anything, istead the came asking me for small small money when I'm back, knowing fully I'm just dating thier sis....most times the my girl always feel ashamed of her brothers nd keep cursing them. The can't even call her on phone unless she calls them...nd the will keep asking why she didn't call them all this while knowing fully thier sister is in school nd not working.

I have thought about this over and over again, how do I marry from a family that can't even assist in anything...I know marriage is not always Rosy, what if something happens tomorrow nd I needed thier financial support..the can't render to me.
I discussed with my mum nd she told me I'm marrying thier sister who is well trained nd not the brother..that I can decide not to give them money again... But I'm very sad over this.
It's only the father and mum that acknowledge I hay been trying to see their sister through school expenses, including food and wears.
I discussed with my woman, she started crying, saying she knows her brothers are such a disgrace, telling me how she may commite sucide if I didn't marry her... She cried that she can't visits her house again... that her only hope will be to start prostitution which she can't see herself do that nd that's why she is going to commite sucide if I eventually leave her, all her social media handle is full with my picture, including her profile pictures.

Please what advice do you have for me.... should I let go of this girl, I don't mind letting go all I have already spent...I just want to make sure I won't regret the marriage tomorrow...I have already discussed with my mom nd we plan on going her house officially by August ending..but I'm still very worried.

Matured advice please
if you are worried then you are not ready and you are not ready cos you are not matured enough to take risk in life...get up go do more with your time in life and prepare for better days ahead you will see more and better women and also learn through experiences to grow better...
Re: Married Men In The House Please Advice Me by INTEGRITYA1(m): 7:22am On Jul 22, 2021
Golden147:

It's a lie bro....if I add how much I have spent on the brothers you will pity me...the second son as I talk to you is oweing me 250k nd has refused to pay me...keep giving me excuses....she knows about it...
As a man, you can't endure all this, I have seek advice from different individual.. everyone conderms such act.... By the brothers..... anyways you won't know... match I spent 45k to make sure the last BRO was realized after involving in rubbish act...
Anyways..thank you for your advice.

You can easily handle her brothers issues (If you're sure enough she's good and of noble character)

How do you manage her brothers issues?

Don't bother to ask them again all what you have borrowed them, just let go.

Going forward, not that you should not assist them forever but let it be at your own convenience.

To achieve this, don't display or expose your financial status to them. When they come with stories; always ready to give them counter stories from your end too.

Take this quote and don't forget it.

"Every new stages of your life; required new version of yourself".

Like I said, I don't mean you should not assist them again if you eventually married their sister. But when necessary and when convenient for you.
Re: Married Men In The House Please Advice Me by polyte: 7:24am On Jul 22, 2021
@Golden 147
it is obvious you have the solution to this issue you brought here, why then did you want advice? I can see you trying to educate even the old, married and experienced advisers in your matter...

But, if you need follow the path of wisdom and land safely in the land of understanding, listen to these:
1. keep the girl (because it shows you love her)
2. add values to your self ( get another degree on what you major in, etc)
3. Let the girl in question finish her programme, get a job and watch her grow into what you desire of a wife (if she is for you, she won't leave you)
4. As for her brothers, never underestimate what they can turn out to be/do for you in future - they may later be successful and help you back

A word is enough for the wise!
Re: Married Men In The House Please Advice Me by HOLAROCKDAY(m): 7:26am On Jul 22, 2021
Good Morning Bro...

Abeg you feel Share me your WhatsApp number. Need some advice from you .

I will be glad having with ur response.
Re: Married Men In The House Please Advice Me by sleekman(m): 7:28am On Jul 22, 2021
Golden147:
There's this girl I love and I want to settle down with her. She's still in school while I'm still in school too. She's 22 while I'm 24 nd also in final YR and we both love each other..my mum has supported me to marry her.
I proposed to her and she said yes...I plan going her house next month next to start official martial rites but I'm afraid.
Here is my reasons

She's the only girl and the last daughter in a family of 5boys. Ever since we started dating, she's in 100l then, all her school burdens are on me..I take care of her and mine own...with this people around who knows about our RELATIONSHIP ask me to marry her to avoid story that touches the heart..which he has accepted , her mum nd dad have accepted it too.
My major concern about this girl is that those his brothers are not willing to do anything, istead the came asking me for small small money when I'm back, knowing fully I'm just dating thier sis....most times the my girl always feel ashamed of her brothers nd keep cursing them. The can't even call her on phone unless she calls them...nd the will keep asking why she didn't call them all this while knowing fully thier sister is in school nd not working.

I have thought about this over and over again, how do I marry from a family that can't even assist in anything...I know marriage is not always Rosy, what if something happens tomorrow nd I needed thier financial support..the can't render to me.
I discussed with my mum nd she told me I'm marrying thier sister who is well trained nd not the brother..that I can decide not to give them money again... But I'm very sad over this.
It's only the father and mum that acknowledge I hay been trying to see their sister through school expenses, including food and wears.
I discussed with my woman, she started crying, saying she knows her brothers are such a disgrace, telling me how she may commite sucide if I didn't marry her... She cried that she can't visits her house again... that her only hope will be to start prostitution which she can't see herself do that nd that's why she is going to commite sucide if I eventually leave her, all her social media handle is full with my picture, including her profile pictures.

Please what advice do you have for me.... should I let go of this girl, I don't mind letting go all I have already spent...I just want to make sure I won't regret the marriage tomorrow...I have already discussed with my mom nd we plan on going her house officially by August ending..but I'm still very worried.

Matured advice please

All those telling you that you aren't ripe for marriage, you should ask them if they are married? If they are married are they happy in their marriages?
The way Nigeria is at the moment will there ever be a time when anyone will be ready for marriage?
My brother as long as you see no flaw in her personality then my advice will be to go ahead and marry her. The Northerners get married much earlier yet many of them are in marital bliss. The success of your marriage has nothing to do with your maturity but rather your support systems. Are her father and mother morally alright? Are they content with what they have even in their lack? For your mother to encourage you to marry her and your family OK with her are already enough signs that you've got a jewel. Only thing I'll advice right now is to test her with money. Start saving through her. Have a target of something extremely selfish you want for yourself and give her to keep. Let her know what ure saving it for. This way you will know if she can be trusted with much. If she passes my brother you have your answer.
Re: Married Men In The House Please Advice Me by femtex007(m): 7:34am On Jul 22, 2021
Greystone:

She's obviously a good lady. Never let her go. Good girls are so hard to find.

If I were you, I would marry her.

You can manage her brother's issues easier than replacing her.
best advise so far

1 Like

Re: Married Men In The House Please Advice Me by Thebigheart: 7:36am On Jul 22, 2021
You want social media to advise you on this important issues that concerns you only. You're making a very big mistake. No one will give you the right advice. Rather, sit down and think about how you want your marriage to be. My advice to you.
Re: Married Men In The House Please Advice Me by CapitalBank: 7:39am On Jul 22, 2021
Polynek:
Bro marry Her, give Her brothers when they ask, whenever you have, and if u don't have enough, you explain to them, they have common sense they will understand that everyday no b Christmas, my Candid advice, I wish you all d best
with what I know now, I no give shi shi, except they are willing to learn a skill
Re: Married Men In The House Please Advice Me by 123huawei: 7:40am On Jul 22, 2021
The girl is good..
You need to set her up in a business that can fetch her money.
When you are ready to settle down with her make it far from her family.
And avoid her brothers as much as possible but give them little when you have surplus
Re: Married Men In The House Please Advice Me by DAMN99: 7:42am On Jul 22, 2021
Herrick:
Pray about it.

I really don't see anything wrong here, since you said she's a good girl, you can marry her.
Nobody will force Money out your pocket, you know?
Discipline yourself, and let your YES be YES and NO be NO. don't give out like father Christmas unless its necessary, and no dey always carry yourself as if you get money..learn how to form broke sometimes.

When you are confused on matter, abeg take am to God, he will surely reveal.
Re: Married Men In The House Please Advice Me by LadyRosa(f): 7:43am On Jul 22, 2021
Golden147:

Lol...I know this advice will eventually surface...but let me ask you.. How do you know a man who is ready for marriage, does age count too or it's because I added my age and her age??

Marry her, and you don't have to give the brothers a dime. Marry her. Her brothers are worthless and shiu9fend for themselves.

What my brothers do to people who ask is, "Guy I dey run one project so, I no get shishi for hand."

OR

"I no get money, I get loan wey they chop the ones wey I get."
Re: Married Men In The House Please Advice Me by Blesyn22(m): 7:43am On Jul 22, 2021
OP is not ready for marriage.

Marriage is not only about your now but after. You have to be able to understand and project yourself beyond what you see now.

1. Youand Your lady are not mentally and psychologically, emotionally and spiritually ready for marriage.

2. You want to go into marriage under the pressure of being responsible aggravated by your community and the fact you're financially stable as you claim.

3. You are bossy in your decision making.

4. Your lady lack skill(s) for stability and support in marriage. Marriage is not one sided it's your partner and yourself. It's by the time you start having children you'll understand some of these things.

My candid advice to you:

1. Make your lady has completed her University and acquired a skill before marrying her. It's easy to make decisions when receiving than when making.

2. Make sure you are spiritually, psychologically, emotionally and mentally able to manage your families and her families since you know her brothers are demanding.

3. As a man listen more than speaking more. "Talk less speak more"
Re: Married Men In The House Please Advice Me by LadyRosa(f): 7:45am On Jul 22, 2021
anthonyuncle:

being matured is beyond riches and material possessions.
a little quake in your life can shatter everything you say you own.

your psychological and mental state is still shaking

That guy is way more matured that you. Sorry!
He will do better in marriage than you will ever will.

Goldenboy147

Ignore this man. Nigeria men on here can be so negative and common sense restrictive. You're very mentally ready for marriage and my advice is you should go ahead, you won't regret it ONLY if you tell your would be in laws you wouldn't want their sons to financially feel entitled to your life. Make it very clear. YOU ARE A MAN. Do all the necessary rites and take your wife home.

Again, DO NOT ALLOW ANY OF THEM TO COME LIVE WITH YOU. Tell your wife that and make sure she understands the implications which is, you will send her back to her father's house.

I wish you a happy life
Re: Married Men In The House Please Advice Me by 123huawei: 7:45am On Jul 22, 2021
To add more remember nobody's no tomorrow
Re: Married Men In The House Please Advice Me by detectivejones: 7:47am On Jul 22, 2021
You're still young for the kinda responsibility you're about to subscribe to, and for those asking you to marry she is a good woman blah blah how about the family? She might be against her brothers attitude now because she wants to be on your side for now. Marry and see if you don't become a bad man when you don't help them.
Re: Married Men In The House Please Advice Me by ericfabulous(m): 7:50am On Jul 22, 2021
Speechless � time will tell
Re: Married Men In The House Please Advice Me by oyinda1599(f): 7:53am On Jul 22, 2021
Yusufisraelj:

You've said nothing sincerely.

@Golden147 the above advise is the best so far here, in this part of the world, people do things late and think it's okay! Most of the people in Nigeria, the major set back is finances else they should have settled down, a friend of ours in US married at 21, then we were about getting into uni, he has a daughter right now that's about 9 years old and a loving family.

However I must add, you are not managing third party interferences well in your relationship. Your obligation is to your lady not her siblings, they have parents for God sake, it's the responsibility of the parents to provide for them, if you support you're doing that as a choice not an obligation and none of her siblings should bully her when you refuse, warn them sternly and put it forward to the parents, that you'll only assist when you have and when you don't nobody should bully your lady or you'll call the police, just saying but you get the point!

More importantly make sure your woman obtains a skill that fetches her good money or she should obtain one. You goal right now is to build yourself and your lady spiritually, relationally (keep genuine people only in your space), mindset (read about marriage and life together), finances (understand how to seriously deal with poverty), Health (understand how to stay healthy) and your Career (learn how to expand your knowledge and become very competent in your skill or business)
I was reading your comment with a beautiful smile on my face

1 Like

Re: Married Men In The House Please Advice Me by LadyRosa(f): 7:55am On Jul 22, 2021
Goldenboy147

I see loads of people discouraging you with huge 'likes', igno them o. Poverty plenty here and nigerians often condemn things that are out of their reach.

You're very matured for marriage. YOU GET SENSE. I dint know you but I know you are a focused guy and will go far in life. Ignore losers! Many people with acclaimed maturity sef no dey marriage again. Do your thing and ignore her brothers. Trust me if them be your problem, you no get problems at all.

1 Like

Re: Married Men In The House Please Advice Me by olahero(m): 7:57am On Jul 22, 2021
Brother, go and marry the girl, don't see her brothers as treats, never mind them and always ignore them especially when you don't have to give them.
Re: Married Men In The House Please Advice Me by egunna(m): 7:57am On Jul 22, 2021
Golden147:
Here is my reasons

Matured advice please
I have just one thing to say,for those who were making the "you feeds us" statement a northern issue,here is a potential graduate who is commiting same mistake.it happens all over.plus,oga,this English is a bit bad for a graduate abeg.try polish am small next time.
Re: Married Men In The House Please Advice Me by Psoul(m): 8:01am On Jul 22, 2021
Golden147:

Smile, yes bro...

Maybe because I didn't add I have got a house (4 bedroom flat) land properties too... what I don't have now as a man is car bro... anyways I won't dig deep about myself... I know myself just want to be sure of my marriage...
In my community a young guy at 22 that knows what his doing can get marry and settle perfectly fine...

What delayed me till now is my education.. I hope you understand now?

Then you don't need the advice you are seeking here.
Just go ahead and do what you feel comfortable wt.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (17) (Reply)

A Family’s Reaction When Their Daughter Came Home Amid The Coronavirus / Check Out This Marriage Picture. / Can Someone Miss Their Period For 2 Mths & Nt Pregnant.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.