Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,072 members, 7,807,214 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:10 AM

Mr Macaroni: A Brand Cancelled My Deal After I Was Arrested At #EndSARS Protest - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Mr Macaroni: A Brand Cancelled My Deal After I Was Arrested At #EndSARS Protest (34134 Views)

Venita Akpofure: I Lost A Deal After Turning Down Sexual Advances / DJ Cuppy At #EndSARS Protest In Lekki (Photos) / Pictures Of Dj Kaywise At EndSARS Protest Held In Dopemu, Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mr Macaroni: A Brand Cancelled My Deal After I Was Arrested At #EndSARS Protest by Odewaleadesoye(m): 3:05pm On Jul 18, 2021
Social media comedian, actor and activist, Debo Adedayo, aka Mr Macaroni, has said that his activism sometimes comes at a cost. According to him, after protesting at the Lekki tollgate some months ago, a brand cancelled the deal they had with him.

He told Sunday Scoop, “On the day I was arrested at Lekki tollgate, I was supposed to have a shoot for a big brand. But, when they saw that I was arrested, they called my manager immediately and cancelled our deal.

They said that they did not want to be associated with me at that time, so it wouldn’t seem like they were part of those fighting government.

However, that is their fault, not mine. If they had done their research on me, they would have known that my love for humanity comes before any other thing. That is my priority. As a matter of fact, I believe that God has given me my platform to be able to use it to speak for myself and others. That is what I stand.”

The actor also stated that he usually turned down roles that were similar to the ‘sugar daddy’ role he plays in his skits. He said, “The beauty of being a thespian is that I am able to bring any character to life.

Even now, when I am called to feature in a project, I am quick to turn down roles that toe the line of ‘freaky freaky daddy.’ I am working on a project now, ‘Professor Hard Life’, because I want people to see me in another character.”

He also maintained that he is a well-trained actor who knows his onions. “I am a graduate of Theatre Arts and I was trained by the very best— Professor Ahmed Yerima, who is the former Director-General of National Theatre.

The content we create is part of acting. It is also important to note that I had been acting professionally before I started churning out social media content. I am working on a lot of projects, so my fans should watch out,” he said.

Mr Macaroni also stated that he intentionally featured many people in his skits. He said, “It is very intentional because I have grown to understand that theatre is communal. I am a big fan of bringing people in.

By God’s grace, I have a platform and it is important I know what I am using that platform to do, such as developing others. It is a very big space and a lot of people can key into it.”

https://punchng.com/why-i-turn-down-sugar-daddy-roles-in-movies-mr-macaroni/

78 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Mr Macaroni: A Brand Cancelled My Deal After I Was Arrested At #EndSARS Protest by Odewaleadesoye(m): 3:05pm On Jul 18, 2021
Nigeria shall be great again.

107 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mr Macaroni: A Brand Cancelled My Deal After I Was Arrested At #EndSARS Protest by blueyonder6: 9:26pm On Jul 18, 2021
Odewaleadesoye:

As a matter of fact, I believe that God has given me my platform to be able to use it to speak for myself and others. That is what I stand.”

This is the part I like most wink

157 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Mr Macaroni: A Brand Cancelled My Deal After I Was Arrested At #EndSARS Protest by 9jvirgin(m): 9:26pm On Jul 18, 2021
My support for Buhari is one of the most singular regret I have in life. I regret it till this day. I am indeed sorry.

355 Likes 23 Shares

Re: Mr Macaroni: A Brand Cancelled My Deal After I Was Arrested At #EndSARS Protest by Cryomancer: 9:26pm On Jul 18, 2021
One of the youths who give me hope that Nigeria might be great someday.

You've stood the test of time Bro, and proven to be better than the likes of Tu Face and Nairamarley who chickened out when people had high hopes in them.

Posterity will forever remain kind to and i pray that your fight for a better Nigeria will not cut your life short. Amen.

195 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Mr Macaroni: A Brand Cancelled My Deal After I Was Arrested At #EndSARS Protest by Mokason288(m): 9:26pm On Jul 18, 2021
All I can say

Is that

You get mind/ liver passsss tuface

218 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Mr Macaroni: A Brand Cancelled My Deal After I Was Arrested At #EndSARS Protest by Staphylococcus: 9:26pm On Jul 18, 2021
That's very good.

Well deserved.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mr Macaroni: A Brand Cancelled My Deal After I Was Arrested At #EndSARS Protest by Passionate888: 9:26pm On Jul 18, 2021
Name or
Re: Mr Macaroni: A Brand Cancelled My Deal After I Was Arrested At #EndSARS Protest by harffie(m): 9:26pm On Jul 18, 2021
cool
Re: Mr Macaroni: A Brand Cancelled My Deal After I Was Arrested At #EndSARS Protest by Mrjonah(m): 9:26pm On Jul 18, 2021
No mind them

4 Likes

Re: Mr Macaroni: A Brand Cancelled My Deal After I Was Arrested At #EndSARS Protest by aktolly54(m): 9:26pm On Jul 18, 2021
Hmm...
Re: Mr Macaroni: A Brand Cancelled My Deal After I Was Arrested At #EndSARS Protest by mbahdi(m): 9:27pm On Jul 18, 2021
Dats nigeria for u

1 Like

Re: Mr Macaroni: A Brand Cancelled My Deal After I Was Arrested At #EndSARS Protest by MHOOZEES(m): 9:27pm On Jul 18, 2021
I love everything about you

17 Likes

Re: Mr Macaroni: A Brand Cancelled My Deal After I Was Arrested At #EndSARS Protest by kenbee(f): 9:27pm On Jul 18, 2021
Na naija we dey
Re: Mr Macaroni: A Brand Cancelled My Deal After I Was Arrested At #EndSARS Protest by Aplaudez(m): 9:27pm On Jul 18, 2021
GoFundMe indirectly cheesy cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Mr Macaroni: A Brand Cancelled My Deal After I Was Arrested At #EndSARS Protest by Nuelito: 9:27pm On Jul 18, 2021
Life in dx kontri no just balance atall
Re: Mr Macaroni: A Brand Cancelled My Deal After I Was Arrested At #EndSARS Protest by palsenator(m): 9:27pm On Jul 18, 2021
Keep up the good work and never stop using your platform to speak against the oppressors..

17 Likes

Re: Mr Macaroni: A Brand Cancelled My Deal After I Was Arrested At #EndSARS Protest by Theunbothered: 9:27pm On Jul 18, 2021
And misguided souls belive he is doing all this for money.

18 Likes

Re: Mr Macaroni: A Brand Cancelled My Deal After I Was Arrested At #EndSARS Protest by b0rn2fuck(m): 9:27pm On Jul 18, 2021
God pass man
Re: Mr Macaroni: A Brand Cancelled My Deal After I Was Arrested At #EndSARS Protest by kyuniii(m): 9:28pm On Jul 18, 2021
That is life for you, sorry o.
Re: Mr Macaroni: A Brand Cancelled My Deal After I Was Arrested At #EndSARS Protest by Patrioticman007(m): 9:28pm On Jul 18, 2021
Unpatriotic elements infiltrated the endsars protests & caused mayhem on Innocent Nigerian businesses & killed Innocent security agents.
However to God be the glory, the instigator in - chief has been arrested by the long arm of justice & will be sentenced to life imprisonment with hard labour.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mr Macaroni: A Brand Cancelled My Deal After I Was Arrested At #EndSARS Protest by michlins(m): 9:28pm On Jul 18, 2021
Zaddy

"Put your account number here"

3 Likes

Re: Mr Macaroni: A Brand Cancelled My Deal After I Was Arrested At #EndSARS Protest by blueyonder6: 9:28pm On Jul 18, 2021
cool

1 Like

Re: Mr Macaroni: A Brand Cancelled My Deal After I Was Arrested At #EndSARS Protest by ghanaman5050: 9:29pm On Jul 18, 2021
Name of the Brand ?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mr Macaroni: A Brand Cancelled My Deal After I Was Arrested At #EndSARS Protest by sammirano3: 9:29pm On Jul 18, 2021
That guy is a joker and an attention seeker.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mr Macaroni: A Brand Cancelled My Deal After I Was Arrested At #EndSARS Protest by oneble: 9:29pm On Jul 18, 2021
Inside life
Re: Mr Macaroni: A Brand Cancelled My Deal After I Was Arrested At #EndSARS Protest by Kingpele(m): 9:29pm On Jul 18, 2021
Sorry ooo, unfortunately hoodlums hijacked the protest which led to lose of life and properties of many business owners.. let us just pray and wait for this wicked herders chairman to vacate ASOROCK in 2023 after all most fulanis in this country are not originally from here ..they came from Chad,Niger etc ,we don't have to destroy our country for these illegal immigrants.. wiskid happy belated birthday is not your fault
Re: Mr Macaroni: A Brand Cancelled My Deal After I Was Arrested At #EndSARS Protest by musty2245: 9:29pm On Jul 18, 2021
undecided
Re: Mr Macaroni: A Brand Cancelled My Deal After I Was Arrested At #EndSARS Protest by Nobody: 9:29pm On Jul 18, 2021
Hmmm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Empress Njamah Hits Abuja With Her Fashion Brand, House Of Empress (Photos) / Charles Okocha Wins NEA Comedy Award, Poses With Gbenro Ajibade / "I'm Not A Cross Dresser" - Bobrisky

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.