Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,781 members, 7,802,419 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:09 PM

Do You Believe In God Or Not ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do You Believe In God Or Not ? (1190 Views)

What Personal Experience Made You Believe God's Miracles Do Happen? / Is It Only Africans That Believe In The Existence Of Ghosts And Witches? / Do You Believe What Will Be Will Be, Do You Believe In Destiny? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Believe In God Or Not ? by Shyluck(m): 3:20pm On Jul 18, 2021
Tell us why you believe or don't believe in God.
For me,I believe in God because I have experienced serious divine protection which I believe couldn't have come from anywhere else but from the Almighty God.
Re: Do You Believe In God Or Not ? by Nobody: 3:49pm On Jul 18, 2021
I believe in God. Why? I haven’t seen him neither do I believe “what” the Men of God in Nigeria say.

But I have countless years experienced “energy” right before a major breakthrough. I have experienced calm after mouthing a “prayer” to the universe..

I didn’t get what I wanted that day but I got it weeks later. If God is that unexplainable “energy” that I have felt countlessly, then yes I believe in His Existence. And no, your pastor or priest cannot experience Him for you.
Re: Do You Believe In God Or Not ? by kingxsamz(m): 6:59pm On Jul 18, 2021
It's a made up fiction.

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In God Or Not ? by Shyluck(m): 9:32pm On Jul 18, 2021
[quote author=iamadonis2 post=103837650]I believe in God. Why? I haven’t seen him neither do I believe “what” the Men of God in Nigeria say.

But I have countless years experienced “energy” right before a major breakthrough. I have experienced calm after mouthing a “prayer” to the universe..

I didn’t get what I wanted that day but I got it weeks later. If God is that unexplainable “energy” that I have felt countlessly, then yes I believe in His Existence. And no, your pastor or priest cannot experience Him for you.

What is ENERGY ?
Re: Do You Believe In God Or Not ? by LordReed(m): 5:34am On Jul 19, 2021
No I don't believe because the god hypothesis doesn't explain anything. Besides if one exists it is pointless believing, it should be clear that a god exists just as it is clear the sun exists.

5 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In God Or Not ? by Image123(m): 7:52am On Jul 19, 2021
LordReed:
No I don't believe because the god hypothesis doesn't explain anything. Besides if one exists it is pointless believing, it should be clear that a god exists just as it is clear the sun exists.

undecided undecided And your unbelief explains everything. Comedian, so believing is for something or someone that doesn't exist. Do you people think at all, or just declare by wasted faith?
Re: Do You Believe In God Or Not ? by gsegun43: 1:37pm On Jul 20, 2021
Image123:

undecided undecided And your unbelief explains everything. Comedian, so believing is for something or someone that doesn't exist. Do you people think at all, or just declare by wasted faith?

His unbelief definitely cannot explain anything. Unbelief is simply lack of belief which is a result of lack of evidence, you can see the sun, no priest need to explain that the sun exist. If you cant give cystal clear evidence for the existence of your god, then you dont need to blame those that are wise enough to say it is a myth, cos that is what it is.

grin

5 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In God Or Not ? by gsegun43: 1:44pm On Jul 20, 2021
And to the topic - I don't belief in god or supernatural.

Reasons

(1) Lack of concrete evidence.

(2) Too many contradictions in the concept of god and supernatural

NB. Pls don't try to bring evidence from the bible as I have been a bible study teacher. Thanks

grin

4 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In God Or Not ? by Splinz(m): 3:20pm On Jul 20, 2021
Yes, a proud believer in God who created the universe and all that is in it, and sustains same by His power. smiley
Re: Do You Believe In God Or Not ? by Image123(m): 10:49pm On Jul 20, 2021
gsegun43:

His unbelief definitely cannot explain anything. Unbelief is simply lack of belief which is a result of lack of evidence, you can see the sun, no priest need to explain that the sun exist. If you cant give cystal clear evidence for the existence of your god, then you dont need to blame those that are wise enough to say it is a myth, cos that is what it is.

grin

He said that he doesn't believe BECAUSE the god hypothesis doesn't explain anything. If like you say, his unbelief definitely cannot explain anything either. You and him should stop disturbing and distorting. Be wise.
Re: Do You Believe In God Or Not ? by Dliquidmetal(m): 12:34am On Jul 21, 2021
NOT!!!!

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In God Or Not ? by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:25am On Jul 21, 2021
I believe in God because i'm seeing the fulfilment of His promises regarding the group of people worshiping Him {John 17:20-23} and how His Holy Spirit is working with them so that all the qualities of God's Holy Spirit {Galatians 5:22-23} is obvious in their gathering! Matthew 5:13-16; 7:16-18

Shyluck:

Tell us why you believe or don't believe in God.
For me,I believe in God because I have experienced serious divine protection which I believe couldn't have come from anywhere else but from the Almighty God.
Re: Do You Believe In God Or Not ? by LordReed(m): 1:33pm On Jul 21, 2021
gsegun43:

grin

3 gbosa for you plus 1 cold brew of your choice.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In God Or Not ? by Dtruthspeaker: 2:10pm On Jul 21, 2021
gsegun43:

His unbelief definitely cannot explain anything. Unbelief is simply lack of belief which is a result of lack of evidence,

Or refusal to believe even in the face of evidence but founded on the right to be Biased and Choose to stand on one leg rather than with your two feet!

gsegun43:

you can see the sun, no priest need to explain that the sun exist. If you cant give cystal clear evidence for the existence of your god, then you dont need to blame those that are wise enough to say it is a myth, cos that is what it is.grin

As you said "YOU CAN SEE.

So therefore, You Also See and Saw that No Thing creates itself, A house, does not build itself, an animal does not create itself and man never created itself.

You also See and Saw that the act of creating any diverse and different things from non existence to existence is Always Done by A Conscious and Will Full Act of A Creator Person eg, the car, phone, house which you also see and saw "Crystal Clear",

But again, even in the face of these evidence which YOU HAVE SEEN , you can always exercise your right to invoke blindness with BIAS and IMBALANCE!
Re: Do You Believe In God Or Not ? by gsegun43: 2:16pm On Jul 21, 2021
Image123:

He said that he doesn't believe BECAUSE the god hypothesis doesn't explain anything. If like you say, his unbelief definitely cannot explain anything either. You and him should stop disturbing and distorting. Be wise.

You are not making any sense ogbeni, it is you that believe something exist that need to explain and covince others about its existence, and not the person that does not believe because you lack clear evidence. Atheists are not claiming to know everything, they are only saying god explanation does not make sense and as a result they don't accept it.

grin

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In God Or Not ? by gsegun43: 2:21pm On Jul 21, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Or refusal to believe even in the face of evidence but founded on the right to be Biased and Choose to stand on one leg rather than with your two feet!

As you said "YOU CAN SEE.

So therefore, You Also See and Saw that No Thing creates itself, A house, does not build itself, an animal does not create itself and man never created itself.

You also See and Saw that the act of creating any diverse and different things from non existence to existence is Always Done by A Conscious and Will Full Act of A Creator Person eg, the car, phone, house which you also see and saw "Crystal Clear",

But again, even in the face of these evidence which YOU HAVE SEEN , you can always exercise your right to invoke blindness with BIAS and IMBALANCE!

So let me accept that nothing create itself. So who create your own creator?

grin
Re: Do You Believe In God Or Not ? by Dtruthspeaker: 2:21pm On Jul 21, 2021
gsegun43:
Reasons

As I told you, there is Concrete Evidence but you can choose to be blind.

gsegun43:

If Liars did not exist in this world, contradictions and lies would have no place in this world.

But if you choose to be lazy and refuse to exercise diligently your time and facility towards distilling and filtering the lies from The Truth, that is in exercise of your right to sleep while others go to work.
Re: Do You Believe In God Or Not ? by gsegun43: 2:27pm On Jul 21, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

As I told you, there is Concrete Evidence but you can choose to be blind.

If Liars did not exist in this world, contradictions and lies would have no place in this world.

But if you choose to be lazy and refuse to exercise diligently your time and facility towards distilling and filtering the lies from The Truth, that is in exercise of your right to sleep while others go to work.

Ok.

grin

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In God Or Not ? by Dtruthspeaker: 2:27pm On Jul 21, 2021
gsegun43:

So let me accept that nothing create itself. So who create your own creator?

grin

Do you not see that you have CHANGED POST?

To patronize you, YOU DO SEE, AS YOU CLAIM TO SEE, that I am a creation like your car, phone and mannequin, so the only things I know and must know are my immediate environment!

And we are talking about this environment!

So you are asking a stupid and an invalid question.
Re: Do You Believe In God Or Not ? by truespeak: 2:28pm On Jul 21, 2021
gsegun43:

You are not making any sense ogbeni, it is you that believe something exist that need to explain and covince others about its existence, and not the person that does not believe because you lack clear evidence. Atheists are not claiming to know everything, they are only saying god explanation does not make sense and as a result they don't accept it.

grin

Nah! Atheist are simply persons who despite Evidence given in proof of the Existence of the Creator whom we call God, still choose as is their God given Right to deny His Existence.

Simple!
Re: Do You Believe In God Or Not ? by gsegun43: 2:31pm On Jul 21, 2021
Let me sound this warning, do not quote me if you will be using abusive/insultive words like the stupid uncultured guy above calling me blind, lazy etc.
If you can't write without abusive words don't quote me again. And if you keep doing it I am going to ignore you, but if you get on my nerves I will be giving it to you as e dey hot.

grin

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In God Or Not ? by truespeak: 2:32pm On Jul 21, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

To patronize you, YOU DO SEE, AS YOU CLAIM TO SEE, that I am a creation like your car, phone and mannequin, so the only things I know and must know are my immediate environment!

Creation dey ask im fellow creation who create im Creator?

You creation no know na come another like you go know?

I bet he does not realize he asks a fooooolish question.
Re: Do You Believe In God Or Not ? by Dtruthspeaker: 2:38pm On Jul 21, 2021
truespeak:

Creation dey ask im fellow creation who create im Creator?

You creation no know na come another like you go know?

I bet he does not realize he asks a fooooolish question.

I bow oh, how does he expect that a fellow Corolla and Camry like himself should know Mr. Toyoda's origin?
Re: Do You Believe In God Or Not ? by truespeak: 2:40pm On Jul 21, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

I bow oh, how does he expect that a fellow Corolla and Camry like himself should know Mr. Toyoda's origin?

Imagine ooo! Haba.
Re: Do You Believe In God Or Not ? by gsegun43: 2:41pm On Jul 21, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

If you accept that you cannot know anything above your environment then anything could have created you.

grin
Re: Do You Believe In God Or Not ? by Dtruthspeaker: 2:41pm On Jul 21, 2021
gsegun43:
Let me sound this warning, do not quote me if you will be using abusive/insultive words like the stupid uncultured guy above calling me blind, lazy etc.
If you can't write without abusive words don't quote me again. And if you keep doing it I am going to ignore you, but if you get on my nerves I will be giving it to you as e dey hot.
grin

grin I did not insult you, I simply described what I see you have done! grin
Re: Do You Believe In God Or Not ? by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:43pm On Jul 21, 2021
gsegun43:
Reasons
NB. Pls don't try to bring evidence from the bible as I have been a bible study teacher. Thanks grin

I dey feel you!
That's what it means to be learned about the letters (written words) but not filled with the spirit! 2Corinthians 3:6

I will not quote a verse from the Bible before i prove that my own God lives. The Bible is not written to address atheists but to set matters straight among believers. So don't worry i'll not use the letters for you! smiley
Re: Do You Believe In God Or Not ? by Dtruthspeaker: 2:45pm On Jul 21, 2021
gsegun43:

If you accept that you cannot know anything above your environment then anything could have created you.

grin

grin That is where He, Whom we call God, comes in.

Someone did create me and put me in this former Nice House (the world) with its Gardens (feilds) and swimming pools (Lakes, streams and rivers) grin
Re: Do You Believe In God Or Not ? by truespeak: 2:48pm On Jul 21, 2021
gsegun43:

grin

grin You are Wrong! Not anything, for it is seen that a non living thing, can do no thing grin so therefore it can not create!

Therefore a Creator Must be a Conscious Living and Intelligent Being like the man for it is seen that man creates!

However He must be Greater and Higher than the man as it also seen that man is Greatly Higher than his creations, thus same rule applies to His Creator!
Re: Do You Believe In God Or Not ? by LordReed(m): 4:01pm On Jul 21, 2021
truespeak:

grin You are Wrong! Not anything, for it is seen that a non living thing, can do no thing grin so therefore it can not create!

Therefore a Creator Must be a Conscious Living and Intelligent Being like the man for it is seen that man creates!

However He must be Greater and Higher than the man as it also seen that man is Greatly Higher than his creations, thus same rule applies to His Creator!

Nature "creates" things every day. The uniqueness of a snowflake is done every day without any intelligent agent guiding the process. We have never seen any god create anything, all we see is nature doing what it does.

3 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In God Or Not ? by Image123(m): 4:22pm On Jul 21, 2021
LordReed:

Nature "creates" things every day. The uniqueness of a snowflake is done every day without any intelligent agent guiding the process. We have never seen any god create anything, all we see is nature doing what it does.

God is a Spirit duh, stop looking foolishly for how to "see" Him.
Re: Do You Believe In God Or Not ? by Image123(m): 4:34pm On Jul 21, 2021
gsegun43:

grin

Lol, probably because your cohort's post was senseless. As usual, you hardly know how to talk on a public forum. Children of the same father behave the same way. You said it yourself without duress that unbelief definitely cannot explain anything.
If from your understanding, both belief and unbelief cannot explain anything. What is your stress with belief? Leave us to enjoy our belief and so called delusions. At least we are your bosses, parents and co-equals all over the world.

(1) (2) (Reply)

BREAKING!!! SCOAN Members Reject Late Prophet TB Joshua’s Wife As Successor / 'A True General Of The Lord': Evangelist Jerry Savelle Dies At 77 / Video Of Man Being Nailed To Cross

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.