Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,262 members, 7,807,903 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:12 PM

How Much Salary Is Enough For Good Living In Nigeria - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Much Salary Is Enough For Good Living In Nigeria (39365 Views)

How Much Salary Is Enough For Good Living In Nigeria; this Year 2023? / How Much Salary Increase Is Good Enough To Relocate To Another State In Nigeria? / How Much Salary Is Enough Salary In This Economy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Salary Is Enough For Good Living In Nigeria by psucc(m): 7:58pm On Jul 18, 2021
Sirmuel1:

Some married People don't earn up to 100k sef
Don't mind them. Even people where no get job or are on NPower payslip feey quote figure like APC Chieftains.

It may interest these people that in some States of the Federation, some Deputy Directors (DD) on SGL 14 earned less that N200,000.

4 Likes

Re: How Much Salary Is Enough For Good Living In Nigeria by blissbliss: 7:58pm On Jul 18, 2021
sinkhole:
cheesy cheesy NO. Purely on that amount!
You see, it's a long story!
I grew-up very poor, I actually did not know much about the luxury of life. When I started working after my NYSC, I was earning about 11k per month (private organisation), I was trecking all over the town and also going further in my education, then after my second degree I got a better job of about 40k per month and now I am in a place where I earned around 200k per month.
Luckily for me, I married somebody that is absolutely un-materialistic, we could go for months without buying new cloths and there will be no issue, she does not use jewelries and as long as what she wears on her feet protects her feet, she is OK wink

Beautiful story.

I see contentment.
Re: How Much Salary Is Enough For Good Living In Nigeria by sisisioge: 8:03pm On Jul 18, 2021
theForth:

How many Nigerians earn this?

The question isn't about the number of nigerians that earn that,its about how much will make a nigerian very comfortable.

By the way, I know a lot of young people that earn above that. Deloitte, KPMG and a lot of multinationals pay way more once you attain managerial role....to attain managerial role, subject matter experience requirements is only 5years upward....are you calculating now? It is well.

1 Like

Re: How Much Salary Is Enough For Good Living In Nigeria by jaguars(m): 8:05pm On Jul 18, 2021
morrisono111:

Your 10% tithe is more than my salary a month...This Life nor balance ooo

Same here embarassed

I still dey Keep hope alive, no retreat.
Re: How Much Salary Is Enough For Good Living In Nigeria by komols856: 8:06pm On Jul 18, 2021
donlet:
Just wondering how much is required for one to have a good life in Nigeria.

Why most of our youths are migrating abroad is because of the unfair advantage of being paid more even doing odd jobs abroad.

So how much can one earn in Nigeria as a salary to be comfortable?

Also I know this might be location dependent.

As people living in lagos, porthacourt and Abuja might have more living expenses.

Also what are other ways to earn if the salaries of available jobs are not enough?

Let's share ideas

Other side hustle is real estate investment business. Check my signature to know more
Re: How Much Salary Is Enough For Good Living In Nigeria by benqo01(m): 8:24pm On Jul 18, 2021
With the way things re now even 300k isn't enough for a family man......
Re: How Much Salary Is Enough For Good Living In Nigeria by Sirmuel1(m): 8:25pm On Jul 18, 2021
psucc:
Don't mind them. Even people where no get job or are on NPower payslip feey quote figure like APC Chieftains.

It may interest these people that in some States of the Federation, some Deputy Directors (DD) on SGL 14 earned less that N200,000.

Exactly! Some of them writing rubbish here don't even earn up to N100,000. People just like to claim what they're not in social media.

7 Likes

Re: How Much Salary Is Enough For Good Living In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:45pm On Jul 18, 2021
sisisioge:

The question isn't about the number of nigerians that earn that,its about how much will make a nigerian very comfortable.

By the way, I know a lot of young people that earn above that. Deloitte, KPMG and a lot of multinationals pay way more once you attain managerial role....to attain managerial role, subject matter experience requirements is only 5years upward....are you calculating now? It is well.

So are you comfortable?
Re: How Much Salary Is Enough For Good Living In Nigeria by Incredible128: 8:56pm On Jul 18, 2021
1Alex:
Things are getting worse everyday in Nigeria and high salary is not the solution.

If Nigeria becomes habitable, an average salary can sustain.
u said the real truth, money in itself doesn't have any real value, it's the resources and state of things that give it it's real value.

3 Likes

Re: How Much Salary Is Enough For Good Living In Nigeria by shizzy7(f): 9:13pm On Jul 18, 2021
FiverrTutor:

Bro pls how did u do it? I earn 366k monthly,35 years not married yet although i have about 4 plots of land in Portharcourt presently but no savings.
Asides saving something for sake of emergencies, investing in those 4 plots is way better than just having the money sleep in your bank account so you're doing well.
Re: How Much Salary Is Enough For Good Living In Nigeria by shizzy7(f): 9:14pm On Jul 18, 2021
FiverrTutor:

Bro pls how did u do it? I earn 366k monthly,35 years not married yet although i have about 4 plots of land in Portharcourt presently but no savings.
Asides saving something for sake of emergencies, investing in those 4 plots is way better than just having the money sleep in your bank account so you're doing well.
Re: How Much Salary Is Enough For Good Living In Nigeria by slimmoney(m): 9:19pm On Jul 18, 2021
come back and tell us after 1 year if u are still contented and comfortable with that salary u feel its enough for u.
Re: How Much Salary Is Enough For Good Living In Nigeria by steffi01(m): 9:26pm On Jul 18, 2021
Angelawhite:

Same with me. 320k monthly and single and I don’t waste money on women and drinks. Before month end I don broke. As I’m typing this I’m even broke

I don't understand how you single guys earning 150k plus are claiming broke. That amount is a dream to many. How? How come? What's really happening??

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Much Salary Is Enough For Good Living In Nigeria by peacenaija(m): 9:33pm On Jul 18, 2021
sinkhole:
cheesy cheesy NO. Purely on that amount!
You see, it's a long story!
I grew-up very poor, I actually did not know much about the luxury of life. When I started working after my NYSC, I was earning about 11k per month (private organisation), I was trecking all over the town and also going further in my education, then after my second degree I got a better job of about 40k per month and now I am in a place where I earned around 200k per month.
Luckily for me, I married somebody that is absolutely un-materialistic, we could go for months without buying new cloths and there will be no issue, she does not use jewelries and as long as what she wears on her feet protects her feet, she is OK wink

Please do buy her those materials things once a while even when she doesn't ask. Trust me she also wants it but she's just being considerate.

2 Likes

Re: How Much Salary Is Enough For Good Living In Nigeria by peacenaija(m): 9:36pm On Jul 18, 2021
MisterGrace:
I'm on 250,000 NGN/month and we are still struggling.

Food,
house rent,
children school fees,
light bill,
water bill,
car servicing,
generator and car fueling,
parents in the village,
security (vigilante) fees,
my own school fees,
too many bills jare.

Although, it became worse between 2016 till date.
Prices of everything have gone up almost 1000%.

It is unfair.
I'm on a salary of almost 400k but I dare marriage cos I see the salary so meagre for it. Sincerely, I still struggle with this ’cos I have a lot on my plate.
Re: How Much Salary Is Enough For Good Living In Nigeria by sisisioge: 9:38pm On Jul 18, 2021
theForth:

So are you comfortable?

No....I'm hoping to be. May God help me.

1 Like

Re: How Much Salary Is Enough For Good Living In Nigeria by staphcures: 9:40pm On Jul 18, 2021
MisterGrace:
I'm on 250,000 NGN/month and we are still struggling.

Food,
house rent,
children school fees,
light bill,
water bill,
car servicing,
generator and car fueling,
parents in the village,
security (vigilante) fees,
my own school fees,
too many bills jare.

Although, it became worse between 2016 till date.
Prices of everything have gone up almost 1000%.

It is unfair.
. Save ,Go buy Land .build small small ,House rent go comot
Re: How Much Salary Is Enough For Good Living In Nigeria by EmekaBlue(m): 9:42pm On Jul 18, 2021
650k per month
Re: How Much Salary Is Enough For Good Living In Nigeria by MusaChukwudi: 9:52pm On Jul 18, 2021
uuzba:

I think in these years, all of us are poor. Because we can't afford what our parents could in the past.
And they earned their own without stress. Not all this our up and down hustling 24/7

Keep getting married and having 4/5 children, you go get sense last last!!!

1 Like

Re: How Much Salary Is Enough For Good Living In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:52pm On Jul 18, 2021
BarrSly:

Standard of living is getting f@cked up by the day so really nothing is sustainable. What I suggest is getting a good standard salary alongside a savings of about #3M to fall on should that source of salary cut short.

While you also try setting up some side hustle most especially.

Las las We go dy alright.
But the CoC of the profession doesn't allow, does it?
Re: How Much Salary Is Enough For Good Living In Nigeria by Brownpeanut(f): 9:58pm On Jul 18, 2021
I'm just seeing 300k, 400k and these people said they're broke. Even single guys earning 250,300k cannot save? Maybe you all need to cut down on unnecessary expenses. How many young people even earn up to 100k per month.

5 Likes

Re: How Much Salary Is Enough For Good Living In Nigeria by seanwilliam(m): 10:21pm On Jul 18, 2021
steffi01:
I don't understand how you single guys earning 150k plus are claiming broke. That amount is a dream to many. How? How come? What's really happening??
The more you earn the more you spend

1 Like

Re: How Much Salary Is Enough For Good Living In Nigeria by chukzyfcbb: 10:55pm On Jul 18, 2021
steffi01:
Any single guy earning above 300k and has no savings is just a wasteful spender.

A lot of people are terrible are managing money. There is no excuse why a single person with no wife and kid should have no savings on a 300k salary, it certainly means he or she is living above his means.

6 Likes

Re: How Much Salary Is Enough For Good Living In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:13pm On Jul 18, 2021
Angelawhite:

Same with me. 320k monthly and single and I don’t waste money on women and drinks. Before month end I don broke. As I’m typing this I’m even broke
Hmmmm, how una dey take manage for that Lagos self? I earn like 600k after everything I spend I save about 450k. Not married, no kids, I don't womanise, drink or party. The only thing I spend money on is Bolt and cloths. I live in Enugu BTW.

2 Likes

Re: How Much Salary Is Enough For Good Living In Nigeria by Connected1: 11:39pm On Jul 18, 2021
It seems like this forum is for the Rich.
If you earn above 150k monthly and you still say you are suffering in this Nigeria, I tell you God will punish you and you will rot in hell too.
There are millions of Nigerians who earn less than 50k a month, millions who feed from hand to mouth.
Nonsense People, you are suffering but when you see people you are doing well than, then you begin to have a feeling of superiority.
Abeg make all of una Get Out.
Nigerians are truly Hypocrites.

3 Likes

Re: How Much Salary Is Enough For Good Living In Nigeria by macAB: 11:40pm On Jul 18, 2021
[quote author=grossintel post=103851248]Hmmmm, how una dey take manage for that Lagos self? I earn like 600k after everything I spend I save about 450k. I don't womanise, drink or party. The only thing I spend money on is Bolt and cloths. I live in Enugu BTW. [Which kind lie be all.dis
Re: How Much Salary Is Enough For Good Living In Nigeria by Blueelf: 11:56pm On Jul 18, 2021
sisisioge:

I doubt even a manager earns up to N6ook in top 4 firms Ma

Please do your research well
Re: How Much Salary Is Enough For Good Living In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:56am On Jul 19, 2021
sisisioge:

No....I'm hoping to be. May God help me.
How?
You plan to leave the country? Grow in career or engage in business?
Re: How Much Salary Is Enough For Good Living In Nigeria by dROC1: 1:25am On Jul 19, 2021
All I can say is thank You Lord for provision.

2 Likes

Re: How Much Salary Is Enough For Good Living In Nigeria by Angelawhite(m): 5:23am On Jul 19, 2021
grossintel:
Hmmmm, how una dey take manage for that Lagos self? I earn like 600k after everything I spend I save about 450k. I don't womanise, drink or party. The only thing I spend money on is Bolt and cloths. I live in Enugu BTW.

600k for Enugu is a big deal o. Cost of living in Enugu is relatively cheap. With 150k, you can cope comfortably in 042. I pay approximately 800k as rent for a 2 bedroom here in Lagos. Maybe food de chop my money wela as I never get time to cook

1 Like

Re: How Much Salary Is Enough For Good Living In Nigeria by Angelawhite(m): 5:26am On Jul 19, 2021
steffi01:

Lol. Cost of things nah. You’ve got take care of parents and siblings and pay some bills too

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

When Asked About Salary Preference / What Is The Hope For A 2.2 In The Labour Market / CV Format For A Graduate Trainee Job Application

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.