Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,793 members, 7,802,522 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:51 PM

What Does Biafra Mean In Igbo Language? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Does Biafra Mean In Igbo Language? (1875 Views)

Questions About Biafra: What Does Biafra Really Mean / What Edge Does Biafra Have In Succeed As A Nation? / Titi Abubakar Speaks Igbo Language As She Campaigns For Her Husband. See Re (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Does Biafra Mean In Igbo Language? by SLAP44: 6:48pm On Jul 18, 2021
Emergingnation:
Typical Aboki, Nigeria is Long dead, waiting to be burial...

Biafra
Oduduwa
IBom republic

Perhaps, ijaw nation are the future hope of an average Southerners..

The only correct post on this thread.
Re: What Does Biafra Mean In Igbo Language? by Ogamysamo: 6:48pm On Jul 18, 2021
SLAP44:

Can you tell the difference between a sokoto goat and a bauchi goat? grin
if you are thinking that am from any of those fore-mentioned am hear to tell you that you are wrong beyond measure!
Re: What Does Biafra Mean In Igbo Language? by SLAP44: 6:48pm On Jul 18, 2021
We are here to promote our new country.
Re: What Does Biafra Mean In Igbo Language? by naijapips02: 6:48pm On Jul 18, 2021
Emergingnation:
Typical Aboki, Nigeria is Long dead, waiting to be burial...

Biafra
Oduduwa
IBom republic

Perhaps, ijaw nation are the future hope of an average Southerners..

Oga answer the question. What does Biafra mean in Igbo language?
Re: What Does Biafra Mean In Igbo Language? by SLAP44: 6:49pm On Jul 18, 2021
Ogamysamo:
if you are thinking that am from any of those fore-mentioned am hear to tell you that you are wrong beyond measure!

What about Kano goats, can you tell the difference? grin
Re: What Does Biafra Mean In Igbo Language? by Ogamysamo: 6:49pm On Jul 18, 2021
SLAP44:

My goat delivered of 8 babies. Juliusmalema has adopted one and we still have 7 goats left.
i ask again. na free?
Re: What Does Biafra Mean In Igbo Language? by Spiritual217(m): 6:50pm On Jul 18, 2021
Wooooo Epic reply grin
naijapips02:

Except you are the goat, I'm not interested.
Re: What Does Biafra Mean In Igbo Language? by gidgiddy: 6:50pm On Jul 18, 2021
naijapips02:
The name Biafra has nothing to do with Igbos. It was a union that existed that we Igbos adopted. If you say otherwise, kindly explain what Biafra means in Igbo language.

Igbo nation is a better fit or a name that is derived from the Igbo language that we can all rally around. The name Biafra was stolen.

Biafra is not meant to be an Igbo word as Biafra was never about Igbos alone. The former Eastern Region that Ojukwu declared Biafra on May 30th 1967, had many ethnic groups

1 Like

Re: What Does Biafra Mean In Igbo Language? by SLAP44: 6:50pm On Jul 18, 2021
naijapips02:

Oga answer the question. What does Biafra mean in Igbo language?

Did you study animal husbandry?
Re: What Does Biafra Mean In Igbo Language? by naijapips02: 6:51pm On Jul 18, 2021
gidgiddy:

Biafra is not meant to be an Igbo word as Biafra was never about Igbos alone. The former Eastern Region that Ojukwu declared Biafra on May 30th 1967, had many ethnic groups

So why should an Igbo nation answer a name that is not Igbo or has any origin in igboland?
Re: What Does Biafra Mean In Igbo Language? by SLAP44: 6:51pm On Jul 18, 2021
Spiritual217:
Wooooo Epic reply grin

Do you want a free goat?
Re: What Does Biafra Mean In Igbo Language? by SLAP44: 6:52pm On Jul 18, 2021
naijapips02:

So why should an Igbo nation answer a name that is not Igbo or has any origin in igboland?

This is a goatish question, read what you wrote again. Some people have the brain of goats.
Re: What Does Biafra Mean In Igbo Language? by Ogamysamo: 6:57pm On Jul 18, 2021
SLAP44:

What about Kano goats, can you tell the difference? grin
my words remain and you can gest ten more times and still end up hard on a stone but am not going further than this on this case cause my intention and motives are far different from what i found my self answering hear, seeming to be against the igbo nation that's what you think and that's why you are mentioning all those states but well i don't blame you cause you must had mis interprete my comment i urge you to start over again with another mentality viewing the comments in another dimension. i rest my case cause am not 4 argument
Re: What Does Biafra Mean In Igbo Language? by gidgiddy: 7:18pm On Jul 18, 2021
naijapips02:

Dont

you understand basic English? Ojukwu could not have called the Eastern Region an Igbo name because the Eastern Region at the time had Ijaws, Ogonis, Ibibios, Efiks and many others in it.

When you are in a country with many other tribes, the name of the country must be something that is not particular to any one tribe
Re: What Does Biafra Mean In Igbo Language? by Captain8(m): 7:43pm On Jul 18, 2021
gidgiddy:

Dont

you understand basic English? Ojukwu could not have called the Eastern Region an Igbo name because the Eastern Region at the time had Ijaws, Ogonis, Ibibios, Efiks and many others in it.

When you are in a country with many other tribes, the name of the country must be something that is not particular to any one tribe
why didnt the cocaine sniffing ojukwu used and indigenous name?
Re: What Does Biafra Mean In Igbo Language? by naijapips02: 7:56pm On Jul 18, 2021
gidgiddy:

Dont

Don't you understand simple English? So an Ijaw name should suffice? Are the dynamics of 1967 and today the same thing? Why should an Igbo nation be called an Ijaw name when Ijaw is not even part of this resent call for the actualisation of an Igbo nation?
Re: What Does Biafra Mean In Igbo Language? by naijapips02: 8:24pm On Jul 18, 2021
1124fr:
[s][/s]

You came late. You are slacking recently. No free mb?
Re: What Does Biafra Mean In Igbo Language? by naijapips02: 8:28pm On Jul 18, 2021
1124fr:
[s]

no matter how many comments made

by Allah
I'll cancel them all
[/s]

grin funny jobless dude. No go find work. Your mates are doing better things with their lives and you are on Nairaland canceling comments. Uchu.
Re: What Does Biafra Mean In Igbo Language? by observanc1: 8:55pm On Jul 18, 2021
naijapips02:
The name Biafra has nothing to do with Igbos. It was a union that existed that we Igbos adopted. If you say otherwise, kindly explain what Biafra means in Igbo language.

Igbo nation is a better fit or a name that is derived from the Igbo language that we can all rally around. The name Biafra was stolen.
what does yoruba mean in yoruba language?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

3 Times Mazi Nnamdi Kanu Overwhelmingly Defeated Fg, Se Governors And Ohanaeze N / Lessons From Chiwetalu Agwu’s Arrest (opinion) / #DirtyFight: Reno Omokri Writes Tinubu, Asks 8 Simple Questions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.