Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,380 members, 7,808,356 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:46 AM

Having Issues With Your Car AC ,lets Discuss It Here - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Having Issues With Your Car AC ,lets Discuss It Here (18571 Views)

Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them / Lets Discuss Car Milage: Is Your Car Actually Chopping Fuel / Car AC Works Well Only In The Morning And Evening But Struggles In Hot Afternoon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Having Issues With Your Car AC ,lets Discuss It Here by Cokahot: 3:53pm On Aug 19, 2021
My bro me am going to do flushing by sat,ac man billed me 20k with a 50/50 state due to fact say my own don get virus. It was gased,started cooling then went hot. I checked the price of compressor on ebay na 450$ plus another 100$ for shipping. Oh bobs I no fit afford am,make I dey manage the factory,make dem flush am. 20k compared to 550$ na very big money
RealSleek:

God knows how much a new benz compressor would be by now...last time u checked it is well over 200k.
Speaking of tokunbo compressor, how many ac clients can actually afford new compressor. some car compressor price are just over the bar...unless u want to buy china..it all depends on the car Sha.
And benz condenser for 15k??

1 Like

Re: Having Issues With Your Car AC ,lets Discuss It Here by RealSleek(m): 4:53pm On Aug 19, 2021
Cokahot:
My bro me am going to do flushing by sat,ac man billed me 20k with a 50/50 state due to fact say my own don get virus. It was gased,started cooling then went hot. I checked the price of compressor on ebay na 450$ plus another 100$ for shipping. Oh bobs I no fit afford am,make I dey manage the factory,make dem flush am. 20k compared to 550$ na very big money
Tokunbo Benz compressor self na black market ,u fit try 10 make Dem no work, cos there is no way to know if they are pumping before fixing it. That's why We use to work Peugeot to some Benz and it works..
Flushing an already black system with the same compressor will likely give the same result o, cos the blackness is from the compressor.its always better to change everything. It's more like 20-80 and not 50-50 in my opinion
Re: Having Issues With Your Car AC ,lets Discuss It Here by Mikkysmile: 6:22pm On Aug 19, 2021
My car ac only col when am driving on high speed, what will I do?
Re: Having Issues With Your Car AC ,lets Discuss It Here by Cokahot: 6:49pm On Aug 19, 2021
Na too buy new one wey be 500$ cos I can't afford to dash someone 20k and at the end of the day e go pack up.
RealSleek:

Tokunbo Benz compressor self na black market ,u fit try 10 make Dem no work, cos there is no way to know if they are pumping before fixing it. That's why We use to work Peugeot to some Benz and it works..
Flushing an already black system with the same compressor will likely give the same result o, cos the blackness is from the compressor.its always better to change everything. It's more like 20-80 and not 50-50 in my opinion
Re: Having Issues With Your Car AC ,lets Discuss It Here by RealSleek(m): 7:52pm On Aug 19, 2021
Cokahot:
Na too buy new one wey be 500$ cos I can't afford to dash someone 20k and at the end of the day e go pack up.

Best option
Re: Having Issues With Your Car AC ,lets Discuss It Here by Peppermintflav: 9:52pm On Aug 19, 2021
Cokahot:
That's about 250k. Why not follow someone's advice to change to Peugeot compressor. It still works fine.
Re: Having Issues With Your Car AC ,lets Discuss It Here by Cokahot: 10:59pm On Aug 19, 2021
Bro if no be oem,if e like make e come from range sport engine,I no buy. Brand new oem go last me forever,just imagine brand new oem replacement compressor,brand new condenser,valve,flushing. Tell me how e wan take pack up again,I go find that seller,contact fbi be that. Me buy converted non factory specs,before u know it engine go pack up,ger go follow,then compressor with condenser go catch fire.
Peppermintflav:

That's about 250k. Why not follow someone's advice to change to Peugeot compressor. It still works fine.
Re: Having Issues With Your Car AC ,lets Discuss It Here by RealSleek(m): 9:09am On Aug 20, 2021
Cokahot:
Bro if no be oem,if e like make e come from range sport engine,I no buy. Brand new oem go last me forever,just imagine brand new oem replacement compressor,brand new condenser,valve,flushing. Tell me how e wan take pack up again,I go find that seller,contact fbi be that. Me buy converted non factory specs,before u know it engine go pack up,ger go follow,then compressor with condenser go catch fire.

Engine no go pack o, it's just a cheap option for customers wey no fit afford Benz compressor...go for new one if u fit but working Peugeot no go spoil engine..na to just remodify the hanger small.
Re: Having Issues With Your Car AC ,lets Discuss It Here by Peppermintflav: 6:02pm On Aug 20, 2021
There's an OEM compressor that is called Obama. It fits that Merc mentioned above. No need for bracket. All that is needed is to change the discharge and suction head.
Re: Having Issues With Your Car AC ,lets Discuss It Here by Fibonacci88: 10:22pm On Aug 20, 2021
i just mounted a new belgium compressor on my EOD. condenser was flused but when we tested it and filled gas the ac works well but after some time the compressor becomes very hot and no longer cools. We have tried another compressor same isseue. Pls guru help me the technician is sugesting getting a new dryer. Please i need idea of what could be wrong
Re: Having Issues With Your Car AC ,lets Discuss It Here by Cokahot: 7:52am On Aug 21, 2021
Them go change expansion valve,them no flush am complete niven. Abi shey na manual compressor,always buy the exct type that came with your car pls. Either toks or brand new. I can never buy tokunbo compressor for naija,never. I'd rather buy from ebay and ship it here. Tokunbo compressor in naija are all fake and refurbished. They should vacuum everything complete,open dashboard,change everything including condenser,open the compressor,change the oik.
Fibonacci88:
i just mounted a new belgium compressor on my EOD. condenser was flused but when we tested it and filled gas the ac works well but after some time the compressor becomes very hot and no longer cools. We have tried another compressor same isseue. Pls guru help me the technician is sugesting getting a new dryer. Please i need idea of what could be wrong
Re: Having Issues With Your Car AC ,lets Discuss It Here by Conner44: 6:59am On Aug 22, 2021
Cokahot:
Them go change expansion valve,them no flush am complete niven. Abi shey na manual compressor,always buy the exct type that came with your car pls. Either toks or brand new. I can never buy tokunbo compressor for naija,never. I'd rather buy from ebay and ship it here. Tokunbo compressor in naija are all fake and refurbished. They should vacuum everything complete,open dashboard,change everything including condenser,open the compressor,change the oik.

Go to where they sell complete tokumbo engines for your car and ask them to loosen only the compressor and sell to you.
Re: Having Issues With Your Car AC ,lets Discuss It Here by Cokahot: 7:01am On Aug 22, 2021
Mine is not bad,na just leakage. Is still cold for like 20mins yesterday before blowing hot air
Conner44:

Go to where they sell complete tokumbo engines for your car and ask them to loosen only the compressor and sell to you.
Re: Having Issues With Your Car AC ,lets Discuss It Here by Conner44: 8:14am On Aug 22, 2021
Cokahot:
Mine is not bad,na just leakage. Is still cold for like 20mins yesterday before blowing hot air

If truly your issue is leakage then after gassing up the system it would blow cold for a few days and then remain hot till thy kingdom come. For yours to blow cold for a while then hot later on some days it means you have another issue that’s not a leakage
Re: Having Issues With Your Car AC ,lets Discuss It Here by Cokahot: 10:22am On Aug 22, 2021
Story, do u own a car
Conner44:

If truly your issue is leakage then after gassing up the system it would blow cold for a few days and then remain hot till thy kingdom come. For yours to blow cold for a while then hot later on some days it means you have another issue that’s not a leakage
Re: Having Issues With Your Car AC ,lets Discuss It Here by Conner44: 11:14am On Aug 22, 2021
Cokahot:
Story, do u own a car

It’s not a matter of owning a car or not. It’s just a common sense something undecided

If indeed you have a leakage then the entire Freon in your ac system would have leaked out in a couple of days isn’t it? So where is your ac system seeing the Freon to generate cold air on some days?

1 Like

Re: Having Issues With Your Car AC ,lets Discuss It Here by Cokahot: 2:40pm On Aug 22, 2021
Opening,odeh u think say caf gas with cooking gas na the same.
Conner44:

It’s not a matter of owning a car or not. It’s just a common sense something undecided

If indeed you have a leakage then the entire Freon in your ac system would have leaked out in a couple of days isn’t it? So where is your ac system seeing the Freon to generate cold air on some days?
Re: Having Issues With Your Car AC ,lets Discuss It Here by Conner44: 3:03pm On Aug 22, 2021
Cokahot:
Opening,odeh u think say caf gas with cooking gas na the same.

No be tunde again ... cheesy

I will never waste my time exchanging words with you even if you want me to grin

E get wetin person Dey big pass and I big pass you lol

Keep enjoying your hot ac and wasting money looking for your phantom leakage
Re: Having Issues With Your Car AC ,lets Discuss It Here by RealSleek(m): 3:21pm On Aug 22, 2021
Fibonacci88:

The issue is why is your compressor getting very hot...how hot are talking about...if you put water on it ,does it dry immediately..if that's the case, the compressor is a goner..
Do they put enough oil in the system for you when they fitted the new compressor..cos I don't know why compressor replacement will be getting hot without cooling.
If it's a drier issue, touch your dryer does it get cold..dryer is supposed to be warm not cold or touch your liquid line,if its cold then change the dryer..but when the dryer is removed.. shake it and check the dryer if it jiggles like sekere, that means it's bad or see if it's blocked by blowing it ..then replace it asap.
I'm saying this cos I don't want to condemn the compressor hastily
Re: Having Issues With Your Car AC ,lets Discuss It Here by RealSleek(m): 3:25pm On Aug 22, 2021
Cokahot:

Expansion valve may be blocked ..there are good tokunbo, you just have to know what u are buying
Re: Having Issues With Your Car AC ,lets Discuss It Here by RealSleek(m): 3:27pm On Aug 22, 2021
Conner44:

Some leakage are big o, that gas will finish in minutes...some small leakeages can take up to a month self before it finishes..
Re: Having Issues With Your Car AC ,lets Discuss It Here by Conner44: 3:31pm On Aug 22, 2021
RealSleek:

Some leakage are big o, that gas will finish in minutes...some small leakeages can take up to a month self before it finishes..

True that.

But the koko is that once the gas is finshed ... it is FINSHED and your ac system can never cool again until you add another round of gas.
Re: Having Issues With Your Car AC ,lets Discuss It Here by Cokahot: 2:02pm On Aug 23, 2021
Sure,the point is all the ac technicians I met,cannot pin point what the issue is,whether its leakage,bad gas,clutch or expansion valve. Just cos its blowing hot air and gas is black,they all summarised it that compressor is bad. But how can a bad compressor still engage . Despite having gas in it. And to start to dey loose compressor here and there ,they might mess u y fan belts. Naija don taya me. I thin I will go to that bros that said he will do flushing. If he doesn't and it works,then Lucky me.
RealSleek:

Expansion valve may be blocked ..there are good tokunbo, you just have to know what u are buying
Re: Having Issues With Your Car AC ,lets Discuss It Here by RealSleek(m): 4:28pm On Aug 23, 2021
Cokahot:
Sure,the point is all the ac technicians I met,cannot pin point what the issue is,whether its leakage,bad gas,clutch or expansion valve. Just cos its blowing hot air and gas is black,they all summarised it that compressor is bad. But how can a bad compressor still engage . Despite having gas in it. And to start to dey loose compressor here and there ,they might mess u y fan belts. Naija don taya me. I thin I will go to that bros that said he will do flushing. If he doesn't and it works,then Lucky me.

A black system doesn't mean the compressor will not engage...since it hasn't knocked..the blackness is just an indication that it's going small small or already gone(gas or no gas) ..if you are flushing make sure u at least change your compressor ...
Re: Having Issues With Your Car AC ,lets Discuss It Here by Cokahot: 6:32pm On Aug 23, 2021
So I need to buy compressor sha,new one is almost 500 dollars and I was warned sternly not to buy tiks automatic cos it usually pack up after 2months. Nawa o. So I guess it's virus that knocked the ac. I ho close eye buy am cos when it's raining my windshield is steamy since anti defrost is not working. Na stress for me,daytime it's hot ,and I love privacy,making my tint useless cos I gas wind down. I go come eye do m month end.
RealSleek:

A black system doesn't mean the compressor will not engage...since it hasn't knocked..the blackness is just an indication that it's going small small or already gone(gas or no gas) ..if you are flushing make sure u at least change your compressor ...
Re: Having Issues With Your Car AC ,lets Discuss It Here by eduman07(m): 5:36am On Aug 24, 2021
Well done boss..
Please I have an issure with my car Ac .an automatic compressor .it cools for 30 minutes after which the coolness will begins to drop but the air will be blowing without being cool.but when I put off the ac or car for about 10-15 minutes the Ac will cool again for 30min and stop cooling again.this has been on for a month now.
The Ac guy I told said it might be the thermostat.
Pls help a brother na my office be the car.thanks God bless our hustle.
Re: Having Issues With Your Car AC ,lets Discuss It Here by Fibonacci88: 3:07am On Aug 25, 2021
RealSleek:

The issue is why is your compressor getting very hot...how hot are talking about...if you put water on it ,does it dry immediately..if that's the case, the compressor is a goner..
Do they put enough oil in the system for you when they fitted the new compressor..cos I don't know why compressor replacement will be getting hot without cooling.
If it's a drier issue, touch your dryer does it get cold..dryer is supposed to be warm not cold or touch your liquid line,if its cold then change the dryer..but when the dryer is removed.. shake it and check the dryer if it jiggles like sekere, that means it's bad or see if it's blocked by blowing it ..then replace it asap.
I'm saying this cos I don't want to condemn the compressor hastily
When water is poured on d compressor it gets hot immediately. The guy recommended a new condenser that comes with it's own dryer. After installing d new condenser issue still persists. Now d technician is saying the compressor I bought was not good. Na him call d compressor seller to him shop tell me to pay for the compressor. The seller is saying I should pay 20k to get another one cos he said he told d technician to change d condenser. I want to know who really is at fault cos I intend going back there tommorow to deal with them but I wan know who to hold responsible.
Re: Having Issues With Your Car AC ,lets Discuss It Here by RealSleek(m): 8:51am On Aug 25, 2021
Fibonacci88:

When water is poured on d compressor it gets hot immediately. The guy recommended a new condenser that comes with it's own dryer. After installing d new condenser issue still persists. Now d technician is saying the compressor I bought was not good. Na him call d compressor seller to him shop tell me to pay for the compressor. The seller is saying I should pay 20k to get another one cos he said he told d technician to change d condenser. I want to know who really is at fault cos I intend going back there tommorow to deal with them but I wan know who to hold responsible.

My opinion is that a good compressor should not be so hot that when water touches it , the water will dry up ..that shows the compressor go knock soon..so thats a bad compressor sold to you.. condenser doesn't cause compressor to get hot
Re: Having Issues With Your Car AC ,lets Discuss It Here by bluediesel03: 10:25am On Aug 25, 2021
Just recently when I on my ac I will hear a hissing sound in my engine and the AC works fine but I don't like the hissing sound cus it's continuous until the ac is off.
Re: Having Issues With Your Car AC ,lets Discuss It Here by Peppermintflav: 12:52pm On Aug 25, 2021
RealSleek:

My opinion is that a good compressor should not be so hot that when water touches it , the water will dry up ..that shows the compressor go knock soon..so thats a bad compressor sold to you.. condenser doesn't cause compressor to get hot
A bad/blocked condenser will suffer the compressor.
Re: Having Issues With Your Car AC ,lets Discuss It Here by RealSleek(m): 1:03pm On Aug 25, 2021
Peppermintflav:

A bad/blocked condenser will suffer the compressor.

Sure... But making it hot na him I no understand. pressure switch dey if the wahala too much for compressor

On second thought...maybe there is no oil in the system causing problem for the compressor pistons hence why it's hot..I'm reluctant to blame the condenser for the aforementioned problem
Re: Having Issues With Your Car AC ,lets Discuss It Here by davit: 12:01am On Aug 26, 2021
Guys, is what's the take on replacing automatic compressor with manual?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How Much For Golf3 / Frsc Reintroduces Fines For Old Number Plates / "Tokunbo" Or New Spark Plugs: Which Is Better?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.