Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:02 AM

The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) (75102 Views)

Why I Resigned From My Job As A Pastor In Winners Chapel And Became A Babalawo / Bishop Oyedepo: Don't Name Anything After Me In Winners Chapel When I Die / Bishop Abioye In Winners Chapel's Jet Enroute A Mission Trip (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by blamingthedevil: 7:29pm On Jul 18, 2021
Read earlier thread https://www.nairaland.com/6655958/bishop-oyedepo-sacks-40-pastors#103813771

Picture of Sacked Letter of Pastor in Winners Chapel for not generating enough Income

One of the letters reads in part, “Consequent upon the recent performance reviews which revealed that your church growth index falls below expectations.

“Please be informed that your services as a pastor in charge are no longer required from this commission with immediate effect.

“You are to vacate the official accommodation (where applicable) and hand over all properties of the ministry in your custody, including your staff identity card to the area pastor before departure.

“May you find grace for a new beginning. Peace.”

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by eRex(m): 7:33pm On Jul 18, 2021
Were the "generating income" part ...

What I see is "growth index"

Una sabi interprete sha...

None the less .... If he "employed" them, he can as well SACK them.... If e pain u.... Employ them yourself....

Or better still they can float their own church...

304 Likes 18 Shares

Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by Henrydonland(m): 7:34pm On Jul 18, 2021
That is why I don't carry church on my head, I'd rather pray in my house.

277 Likes 17 Shares

Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by richiemcgold: 7:38pm On Jul 18, 2021
what does it profit a pastor-in-charge who cannot generate income and even make a profit. Have they forgotten that christian ministry is now a business entity and the main target of all business is to GENERATE PROFIT?

113 Likes 8 Shares

Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by blamingthedevil: 7:44pm On Jul 18, 2021
eRex:

Interpret "growth index" for us

432 Likes 32 Shares

Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by oloriooko(m): 7:47pm On Jul 18, 2021
Growth index should include numerical church growth which will translate to financial church growth

188 Likes 7 Shares

Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by Tetrahedron: 7:47pm On Jul 18, 2021
Lol �
I have nothing to say

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by rittanie(f): 7:48pm On Jul 18, 2021
I thought been a pastor is a calling..imagine them sack your calling.

791 Likes 71 Shares

Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by ogaemma: 7:48pm On Jul 18, 2021
I hope they give them their pay off and benefits.
The hustle is real.
If you still think the churches of now are days is for soul winning or prepare people for heaven, then you are a MUGU.

111 Likes 7 Shares

Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by blamingthedevil: 7:52pm On Jul 18, 2021
rittanie:
I thought been a pastor is a calling..imagine dem sack your calling.

340 Likes 11 Shares

Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by IvarDboneless: 7:54pm On Jul 18, 2021
Am just wowed.... like WOW!!!

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by kayuseful: 7:55pm On Jul 18, 2021
I still don't know what to say. Let's wait for official response.
@HigherEd, what do you have to say

2 Likes

Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by phemmyfour: 7:55pm On Jul 18, 2021
rittanie:
I thought been a pastor is a calling..imagine dem sack your calling.
He's still a pastor. He was sacked as "pastor in charge"

30 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by blamingthedevil: 7:59pm On Jul 18, 2021
phemmyfour:
He's still a pastor. He was sacked has "pastor in charge"

Read the letter painstakingly:

One of the letters reads in part, “Consequent upon the recent performance reviews which revealed that your church growth index falls below expectations.

“Please be informed that your services as a pastor in charge are no longer required from this commission with immediate effect.

“You are to vacate the official accommodation (where applicable) and hand over all properties of the ministry in your custody, including your staff identity card to the area pastor before departure.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by phemmyfour: 8:00pm On Jul 18, 2021
blamingthedevil:

Read the letter painstakingly:

open your eyes

7 Likes

Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by blamingthedevil: 8:04pm On Jul 18, 2021
phemmyfour:
open your eyes

Don't close your eyes:

55 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by phemmyfour: 8:07pm On Jul 18, 2021
blamingthedevil:

Don't close your eyes:

Do you even understand what the conversation was all about before you quote me? You are just impossible

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by HigherEd: 9:44pm On Jul 18, 2021
[quote author=kayuseful post=103845355]I still don't know what to say. Let's wait for official response.
@HigherEd, what do you have to say [/quot

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by talk2hb1(m): 9:58pm On Jul 18, 2021
grin
Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by Nobody: 10:19pm On Jul 18, 2021
eRex:

Is the soul purpose of a church to increase in number or win souls for Christ irrespective of the church these souls decide to attend? Winners hammer on church growth a lot. An increase in population is equivalent to a increase in income.

63 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by Kobojunkiee: 10:34pm On Jul 18, 2021
rittanie:
I thought been a pastor is a calling..imagine them sack your calling.
ROFLMAO
grin wink grin cheesy cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by Kobojunkiee: 10:37pm On Jul 18, 2021
phemmyfour:
He's still a pastor. He was sacked has "pastor in charge"
Sounds a lot like he may need a new calling for that to happen since he is being told he would need to find grace.
ROFLMAO
grin cheesy grin cheesy cheesy grin cheesy

19 Likes

Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by Ceenachi: 2:00am On Jul 19, 2021
Read the letter well, it didnt say money, but church growth. May be members have been leaving or the church hasn't been growing which means, they don't go out for evangelism and do kingdom advancement prayers.
They didnt sack them cause of money but for church growth.
I'm not a member of winners but read the letter very well before concluding and say its cause of money

Oyedopo grew d church and should not keep idiots in d name of pastors to destroy his labour in d vein yard of God.

If u are pastor in Assemblies of God they will give u demotional transfer .

If u must be a pastor preach to ur family members and people in ur street gradually u will have a congregation again

45 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by Kobojunkiee: 2:04am On Jul 19, 2021
Ceenachi:
Read the letter well, it didnt say money, but church growth. May be members have been leaving or the church hasn't been growing which means, they don't go out for evangelism and do kingdom advancement prayers.
They didnt sack them cause of money but for church growth.
I'm not a member of winners but read the letter very well before concluding and say its cause of money

Oyedopo grew d church and should not keep idiots in d name of pastors to destroy his labour in d vein yard of God.

If u are pastor in Assemblies of God they will give u demotional transfer .

If u must be a pastor preach to ur family members and people in ur street gradually u will have a congregation again
If this is all about God, why measure this church growth you speak of? undecided

Did God say "church growth" is of importance? Did God assign anyone "kingdom advancement" tasks, assuming here you are referring to God's Kingdom of not Man's kingdom? undecided

What is oyedepo's labour in this? the growing of His kingdom/business here on earth or some assignment that God assigned him in secret? undecided

79 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by phemmyfour: 4:42am On Jul 19, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
Sounds a lot like he may need a new calling for that to happen since he is being told he would need to find grace. ROFLMAO
grin cheesy grin cheesy cheesy grin cheesy
We all need grace in all we do

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by Kobojunkiee: 4:46am On Jul 19, 2021
phemmyfour:
We all need grace in all we do
We do still? undecided

I thought the grace(eternal life) one has is the one we receive at point of Salvation.... did Jesus Christ say there is another one to get? undecided

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by phemmyfour: 4:50am On Jul 19, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
We do still? undecided

I thought the grace(eternal life) one has is the one we receive at point of Salvation.... did Jesus Christ say there is another one to get? undecided
Grace isn't eternal life

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by Kobojunkiee: 5:30am On Jul 19, 2021
phemmyfour:
Grace isn't eternal life
It is not? shocked

Do we not recieve it from Jesus Christ at the point of Salvation from Death? undecided

What other gift does Jesus Christ hand out when He redeems a one from Death? undecided

1 Like

Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by phemmyfour: 5:37am On Jul 19, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
It is not? shocked

Do we not recieve it from Jesus Christ at the point of Salvation from Death? undecided

What other gift does Jesus Christ hand out when He redeems a one from Death? undecided
We received grace aka "God's help"
Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by Kobojunkiee: 5:38am On Jul 19, 2021
phemmyfour:
We received grace aka "God's help"
where do you have Jesus Christ telling you that one? undecided

According to Jesus Christ, when you believe in Him you are saved from the condemnation of sin aka Death and are gifted with Eternal life - at what point of this process does "God's Help" come in? undecided

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by phemmyfour: 5:38am On Jul 19, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
where do you have Jesus Christ telling you that one? undecided
read your Bible

2 Likes

Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by Kobojunkiee: 5:40am On Jul 19, 2021
phemmyfour:
read your Bible
Again...where do you have Jesus Christ telling you that one? undecided

According to Jesus Christ, in John 3 vs 16 - 21, when you believe in Him you are saved from the condemnation of sin aka Death and are gifted with Eternal life - at what point of this process does "God's Help" come in in addition to the eternal life(grace) He already provides us? undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Noah's ark Hunters Claim boat Found in Mountains Using 3D Scans(Pics) / Scientists Reportedly Discover Gate To Hell (picture) / Church Of Satan Replies Nigerian Man Who Wants To Join Illuminati

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.