Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,891 members, 7,802,870 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:13 AM

Racism Is Not About Colour, But Is About Wealth - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Racism Is Not About Colour, But Is About Wealth (967 Views)

Peter Obi Finally Changes The Colour Of His Clothes In Houston, Texas / Orsu LGA Secretariat Gate In Imo Painted With Biafran Colour (Video) / Aisha Yesufu: What Colour Of Aso Ebi Are We Sewing For Our Court Appearance? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Racism Is Not About Colour, But Is About Wealth by zhike: 8:12pm On Jul 18, 2021
Most Nigerians feels inferior to white people. I don’t know what is causing that, maybe is because Nigeria has few population of white people.

As Julius Malema, Kindly note that there is no racism based with the colour of the skin.
For example in Pretoria there is lot of white People that are homeless , black people undermine them and they respect black people.
As a black person will you be offended when a poor white person insults you with racism words, obviously no.
But if a rich white person utter racism words to you, you will be offended.

2 Likes

Re: Racism Is Not About Colour, But Is About Wealth by Henrydonland(m): 8:13pm On Jul 18, 2021
It is partly about wealth but not TOTALLY.
Re: Racism Is Not About Colour, But Is About Wealth by Mangekyo: 8:14pm On Jul 18, 2021
Wealth? Lol what a joke

1 Like

Re: Racism Is Not About Colour, But Is About Wealth by braveboy64(m): 8:18pm On Jul 18, 2021
Racism will stop when it stops in Africa
Re: Racism Is Not About Colour, But Is About Wealth by Mangekyo: 8:19pm On Jul 18, 2021
I should ask you why marcus Rashford is still being called monkeys and other silly racist words when he's obviously wealthy ASF. Or you think he isn't wealthy? He is, I can remember him even feeding poor kids in the UK which includes whites.

2 Likes

Re: Racism Is Not About Colour, But Is About Wealth by zhike: 8:21pm On Jul 18, 2021
Henrydonland:
It is partly about wealth but not TOTALLY.
My friend is 100 % based on wealth.
Check research online or do your own personal research
Re: Racism Is Not About Colour, But Is About Wealth by zhike: 8:23pm On Jul 18, 2021
Mangekyo:
Wealth? Lol what a joke

Which part is a joke, will you feel hurt if a street kid white person utter racism words to you?
Re: Racism Is Not About Colour, But Is About Wealth by lilvicky68(m): 8:25pm On Jul 18, 2021
You have a point though color too is another aspect..
Re: Racism Is Not About Colour, But Is About Wealth by Mangekyo: 8:26pm On Jul 18, 2021
zhike:

Which part is a joke, will you feel hurt if a street kid white person utter racism words to you?

Who wouldn't be? Have you been in that situation before? I doubt it
Re: Racism Is Not About Colour, But Is About Wealth by zhike: 8:29pm On Jul 18, 2021
Mangekyo:
I should ask you why marcus Rashford is still being called monkeys and other silly racist words when he's obviously wealthy ASF. Or you think he isn't wealthy? He is, I can remember him even feeding poor kids in the UK which includes whites.
The main part of racism is how you feel about it.
People can say lot of things about you, and the problem is how you feel about those words.

What matters is who says racism words to you, I am sure Rashford feels nothing if poor white people racist him.

1 Like

Re: Racism Is Not About Colour, But Is About Wealth by zhike: 8:31pm On Jul 18, 2021
Mangekyo:

Who wouldn't be? Have you been in that situation before? I doubt it

I am South African and I live among white people, unlike Nigerians who just read about white people.
Re: Racism Is Not About Colour, But Is About Wealth by zhike: 8:31pm On Jul 18, 2021
braveboy64:
Racism will stop when it stops in Africa
Which racism in Africa are you talking about?
Re: Racism Is Not About Colour, But Is About Wealth by Mangekyo: 8:34pm On Jul 18, 2021
zhike:

I am South African and I live among white people, unlike Nigerians who just read about white people.

The same whites who treat you like shit in your country. Also, the situation is a lot different. You're in your country. If a white man comes down to Nigeria and calls me a monkey, I wouldn't feel bad about it one bit, I might even confront him. You should move to racist countries like USA and get called monkey and see if you don't pee your pants in an instant

1 Like

Re: Racism Is Not About Colour, But Is About Wealth by BKayy: 8:36pm On Jul 18, 2021
Mr OP you are absolutely right.
None of my people over there feel insulted by what they call racism because they are OK financially
Re: Racism Is Not About Colour, But Is About Wealth by Mangekyo: 8:37pm On Jul 18, 2021
zhike:

The main part of racism is how you feel about it.
People can say lot of things about you, and the problem is how you feel about those words.

What matters is who says racism words to you, I am sure Rashford feels nothing if poor white people racist him.

He's always calling on platforms to do more to stop white loosers who are being racist punks to him. He obviously feels bad about it, everyone would. Also is there even a way to tell if one is poor or rich from social media's
Re: Racism Is Not About Colour, But Is About Wealth by SIRTee15: 8:44pm On Jul 18, 2021
op knows nothing about racism.
Racism is about a superior culture n subjugation of other races n culture.
Whites believe they established the current civilisation which is the best ever created. Therefore, they should be the indisputable leader in this dispensation. No other race or culture should challenge them.

Blacks becoming wealthy will not eradicate that.
Instead the whites will feel threatened n jealous.

Ask the chinese, despite being the 2nd wealthiest nation on earth now, they are the most hated in western nation. Right now, the talk is about how western nations can stop China...by war if possible.

2 Likes

Re: Racism Is Not About Colour, But Is About Wealth by rosinkkit: 9:03pm On Jul 18, 2021
Racism was invented in the mid 1700s as a response by the white enslaving class to public protests over the savage treatment meted out on the African captives.

See, prior to the trans-Atlantic slave trade, Africans were not regarded as inferior beings by white people.

In fact Africans were revered as somewhat SUPERIOR people. They had built the pyramids of Egypt after all, and had bequeathed the ancient Greeks their civilization.

The ancient Greek term for Africans was ''the blameless Ethiopians'' on account of their piety, and the commonly held view in the ancient world that 'Ethiopia' (ie Africa south of Egypt) was the 'Land of the Gods'. As written by Diodirus of Sicily (300 BC) , ''the sacrifices of the Ethiopians are the most pleasing to the divinity''.

The ORIGINAL depictions of Jesus, Mary, and the Jews, in European churches, were of black people prior to the slave trade.

Google ''black Madonna'' in images to see them.

The MOORS, who were black West Africans, had been respected throughout Europe for bringing literacy, learning, architecture, and culture to Europe over 600 years up till the slave trade era.

So in view of this HIGH REGARD in which Africans were held in Europe, it came as a rude shock to the European public that Africans were being subjected to this dehumanizing treatment. There was public revolt against it. The lucrative trade became threatened.

The response of the slave merchants and their financial backers was to develop theories of black racial inferiority, which claimed that the Africans were sub humans who needed whites to civilize them and therefore the slave trade was a christian mission of salvation etc etc etc.

This new propaganda was disseminated in various forms through books and media articles that claimed fanciful theories of colour based racial hierarchy previously unknown on the Earth.

As these theories spread, public opposition to the slave trade subsided, and the money rolled into Europe. The 'whitewashing' of history also began in earnest. African contributions to world civilization were ignored. The old images of black Jesus and Mary were replaced with blonde white images.

That was the rise of racism.

That lily-white image of a blonde Jesus you have stuck on your wall is a false image based on lies, greed, deceit, and racism.
Re: Racism Is Not About Colour, But Is About Wealth by braveboy64(m): 9:06pm On Jul 18, 2021
zhike:

Which racism in Africa are you talking about?
Oxford Dictionary defines it as, "Prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone

Now tell, don't we have those over here?
Re: Racism Is Not About Colour, But Is About Wealth by zhike: 10:16pm On Jul 18, 2021
Mangekyo:

The same whites who treat you like shit in your country. Also, the situation is a lot different. You're in your country. If a white man comes down to Nigeria and calls me a monkey, I wouldn't feel bad about it one bit, I might even confront him. You should move to racist countries like USA and get called monkey and see if you don't pee your pants in an instant

Only few racism incidents in South Africa.
Surely, if a stranger white man calls you monkey, you won’t feel bad. Thanks for agreeing with me, you won’t feel bad if stranger racist you.

Only white people such as your manager racist you, that is when it can be painful.

But if someone that reports to you racist you, you won’t feel pain.
That is why research said racism goes with power and wealth

1 Like

Re: Racism Is Not About Colour, But Is About Wealth by zhike: 10:17pm On Jul 18, 2021
BKayy:
Mr OP you are absolutely right.
None of my people over there feel insulted by what they call racism because they are OK financially
100% agreeing with you
Re: Racism Is Not About Colour, But Is About Wealth by zhike: 10:20pm On Jul 18, 2021
Mangekyo:

He's always calling on platforms to do more to stop white loosers who are being racist punks to him. He obviously feels bad about it, everyone would. Also is there even a way to tell if one is poor or rich from social media's
If he feels pain while faceless people on social media utter racism Word to him, he has a problem.
He needs to grow up
Re: Racism Is Not About Colour, But Is About Wealth by Mangekyo: 10:23pm On Jul 18, 2021
zhike:

If he feels pain while faceless people on social media utter racism Word to him, he has a problem.
He needs to grow up

Well people are different.
Re: Racism Is Not About Colour, But Is About Wealth by zhike: 10:24pm On Jul 18, 2021
SIRTee15:
op knows nothing about racism.
Racism is about a superior culture n subjugation of other races n culture.
Whites believe they established the current civilisation which is the best ever created. Therefore, they should be the indisputable leader in this dispensation. No other race or culture should challenge them.

Blacks becoming wealthy will not eradicate that.
Instead the whites will feel threatened n jealous.

Ask the chinese, despite being the 2nd wealthiest nation on earth now, they are the most hated in western nation. Right now, the talk is about how western nations can stop China...by war if possible.

The problem is that you accepted that there is superior race, which is not true.
The civilization happened because God wanted it to happen.
I am convinced that you never stayed in a multiracial environment. Racism is in your mind, and you remove racism from your mind you will be free.

1 Like

Re: Racism Is Not About Colour, But Is About Wealth by zhike: 10:28pm On Jul 18, 2021
rosinkkit:
Racism was invented in the mid 1700s as a response by the white enslaving class to public protests over the savage treatment meted out on the African captives.

See, prior to the trans-Atlantic slave trade, Africans were not regarded as inferior beings by white people.

In fact Africans were revered as somewhat SUPERIOR people. They had built the pyramids of Egypt after all, and had bequeathed the ancient Greeks their civilization.

The ancient Greek term for Africans was ''the blameless Ethiopians'' on account of their piety, and the commonly held view in the ancient world that 'Ethiopia' (ie Africa south of Egypt) was the 'Land of the Gods'. As written by Diodirus of Sicily (300 BC) , ''the sacrifices of the Ethiopians are the most pleasing to the divinity''.

The ORIGINAL depictions of Jesus, Mary, and the Jews, in European churches, were of black people prior to the slave trade.

Google ''black Madonna'' in images to see them.

The MOORS, who were black West Africans, had been respected throughout Europe for bringing literacy, learning, architecture, and culture to Europe over 600 years up till the slave trade era.

So in view of this HIGH REGARD in which Africans were held in Europe, it came as a rude shock to the European public that Africans were being subjected to this dehumanizing treatment. There was public revolt against it. The lucrative trade became threatened.

The response of the slave merchants and their financial backers was to develop theories of black racial inferiority, which claimed that the Africans were sub humans who needed whites to civilize them and therefore the slave trade was a christian mission of salvation etc etc etc.

This new propaganda was disseminated in various forms through books and media articles that claimed fanciful theories of colour based racial hierarchy previously unknown on the Earth.

As these theories spread, public opposition to the slave trade subsided, and the money rolled into Europe. The 'whitewashing' of history also began in earnest. African contributions to world civilization were ignored. The old images of black Jesus and Mary were replaced with blonde white images.

That was the rise of racism.

That lily-white image of a blonde Jesus you have stuck on your wall is a false image based on lies, greed, deceit, and racism.

Thanks for the Good information.
Yes, civilization started in Africa.

1 Like

Re: Racism Is Not About Colour, But Is About Wealth by zhike: 10:34pm On Jul 18, 2021
braveboy64:

Oxford Dictionary defines it as, "Prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone

Now tell, don't we have those over here?
Racism is in your mind.

As i said before, your employer who pays your salary can racist you and you can feel it.
But poor white perSon can racist, and you won’t feel it.
Re: Racism Is Not About Colour, But Is About Wealth by zhike: 10:38pm On Jul 18, 2021
Mangekyo:

Well people are different.

I think he is entertaining it, He needs to man up.

I am sure if someone calls you stupid in this group, it it won’t bother you.
Re: Racism Is Not About Colour, But Is About Wealth by SIRTee15: 11:14pm On Jul 18, 2021
zhike:

The problem is that you accepted that there is superior race, which is not true.
The civilization happened because God wanted it to happen.
I am convinced that you never stayed in a multiracial environment. Racism is in your mind, and you remove racism from your mind you will be free.

The issue is not what u believe but what others think should be the status quo.
You can challenge it, but know white people believe all opposition to their dominance should be crushed.

The above is why african americans always fight white police- they don't want to bow...and we all know how it mostly ends up for them.
Go and read about Tulsa, a prosperous black city that almost rivalled New york.
Guess what happened to it? The whites in conjunction with American air force bombed it into extinction when the wealthy blacks become too arrogant for comfort.
If china continues on the path of defiance to white domination- war is inevitable. Why? because white can never imagine any other race above them.
The white man created the God u talking about...so if they tell u God gave them this civilisation to rule the earth, then u must believe it. Believing otherwise, means u asking for trouble.
The white man is an evil genius...know this and know peace.

The only way to defeat racism is for blacks to develop a superior culture that beats and eventually replace other cultures. This must spread across all human fields of endeavour including technology, economy, education, religion, art, language, entertainment, sport, fashion, lifestyle. The rest of the world must copy us, there should be a desire to travel down to Africa to gain knowledge to become successful.
Anything from above is just being economical with the truth. You can't be spending dollar or studying in harvard, and claim u are better than the whites. U just fooling around.

I live in uk by the way- a multi cultural society deeply entrenched in institutional racism- the worst form of racisim.
I noticed first hand how racism messed up the first generation of mixed race children born in this country - suicide rate was very high among them. Things are better for them now, some identify with black or simply say they are mixed- since there are now plenty of them.
Re: Racism Is Not About Colour, But Is About Wealth by zhike: 11:27pm On Jul 18, 2021
SIRTee15:

The issue is not what u believe but what others think should be the status quo.
You can challenge it, but know white people believe all opposition to their dominance should be crushed.

The above is why african americans always fight white police- they don't want to bow...and we all know how it mostly ends up for them.
Go and read about Tulsa, a prosperous black city that almost rivalled New york.
Guess what happened to it? The whites in conjunction with American air force bombed it into extinction when the wealthy blacks become too arrogant for comfort.
If china continues on the path of defiance to white domination- war is inevitable. Why? because white can never imagine any other race above them.
The white man created the God u talking about...so if they tell u God gave them this civilisation to rule the earth, then u must believe it. Believing otherwise, means u asking for trouble.
The white man is an evil genius...know this and know peace.

The only way to defeat racism is for blacks to develop a superior culture that beats and eventually replace other cultures. This must spread across all human fields of endeavour including technology, economy, education, religion, art, language, entertainment, sport, fashion, lifestyle. The rest of the world must copy us, there should be a desire to travel down to Africa to gain knowledge to become successful.
Anything from above is just being economical with the truth. You can't be spending dollar or studying in harvard, and claim u are better than the whites. U just fooling around.

I live in uk by the way- a multi cultural society deeply entrenched in institutional racism- the worst form of racisim.
I noticed first hand how racism messed up the first generation of mixed race children born in this country - suicide rate was very high among them. Things are better for them now, some identify with black or simply say they are mixed- since there are now plenty of them.

Firstly, I will read about tulsa very soon.
I agree with you in order for africans to be respected, Africa should develop.

I also believe that whites have a problem if they believe that they are above other races.
About Racism in UK, i will not be able to comment much because UK is the home of whites and they can treat any race as their like without penalties.

About civilization, I believe it was God’s plan to make it happen. Unfortunately most of the civilizations done by the whites.

If they believe that God choose them to rule the world, is their own problem. They will be disappointed very soon. We are aware that whites control imf and currency exchanges,this will change very soon by the force of nature.
Re: Racism Is Not About Colour, But Is About Wealth by Hardfacts234(m): 12:03am On Jul 19, 2021
Don't get it twisted, racism exist. Like "black monkey" reference or Nigerians calling Chinese "chinko"

But much of what happens to blacks in Europe and America is 'economic discrimination'.

It's rare to see Europeans or Whites in general being racist against the Japanese people.
Re: Racism Is Not About Colour, But Is About Wealth by fenibak: 1:12am On Jul 19, 2021
zhike:
Most Nigerians feels inferior to white people. I don’t know what is causing that, maybe is because Nigeria has few population of white people.

As Julius Malema, Kindly note that there is no racism based with the colour of the skin.
For example in Pretoria there is lot of white People that are homeless , black people undermine them and they respect black people.
As a black person will you be offended when a poor white person insults you with racism words, obviously no.
But if a rich white person utter racism words to you, you will be offended.

rich or poor i dont care dont bring racism infront of me,your analysis is weak
Re: Racism Is Not About Colour, But Is About Wealth by StaffofOrayan(m): 1:24am On Jul 19, 2021
This is why a lot of African countries are shitholes!
This crazy belief that if you can be wealthy enough, the world won't view you like they view other black people,
That is why at any given time, 80% of those leading Africa raise their children abroad,
It's a sickness,
A rich African is usually dangerous to his own people because of the self hate
Re: Racism Is Not About Colour, But Is About Wealth by rosinkkit: 3:16am On Jul 19, 2021
Hardfacts234:
Don't get it twisted, racism exist. Like "black monkey" reference or Nigerians calling Chinese "chinko"

But much of what happens to blacks in Europe and America is 'economic discrimination'.

It's rare to see Europeans or Whites in general being racist against the Japanese people.

No, it's not rare at all. Many Japanese Americans have been targeted and beaten up simply for looking the way they do.

According to wiki, ''Anti-Japanese sentiment in the United States has existed since the late 19th century, during the Yellow Peril. Anti-Japanese sentiment peaked during the Second World War and again in the 1970s–1980s with the rise of Japan as a major economic power.''

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-Japanese_sentiment_in_the_United_States

So WHEN you become a major economic power is when white racism against you increases, not decreases. You become a threat to white supremacy. That is when they are at their most evil and devious to you. Note how they've been demonising China in their media. They might even be planning war on them.

I believe that Divine Intervention will save the world from the 'white' race.

''He that leadeth into captivity shall go into captivity..'' Revelation 13:10

It could be coming pretty soon.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Outrage Over Plans For "Sultan Of Shuwa Arabs Of Edo State" / Kano LGA Bans Courtship Between Intending Couple At Night / Revealed: Anti IPOB Igbos Are The Ones Burning Biafran Properties On Mondays

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.