Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,858 members, 7,802,750 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:43 PM

Aruna Quadri Now Highest-Rated African Table Tennis Player - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Aruna Quadri Now Highest-Rated African Table Tennis Player (22417 Views)

Nigerian Tennis International Aruna Quadri Now 21st In Latest ITTF Ranking / Aruna Quadri Is Africa’s Table Tennis Best, Ranks 21 Globally / Aruna Quadri Wins Tennis Competition In Poland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aruna Quadri Now Highest-Rated African Table Tennis Player by trutharena: 8:55pm On Jul 18, 2021
Team Nigeria captain, Aruna Quadri, is now the highest-rated African tennis player.

The Nigerian has been seeded number 15 among the players in the men’s singles competition of the table tennis event at the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games.

Aruna took the 15th spot among the 65 players listed for the singles event at the Olympics which kicks off Friday in Tokyo.

However, he will be hoping to exceed in Japan his quarter-final finish at Rio 2016.

Having qualified for Tokyo based on his world rating, he will now be awaiting his first-round opponent when the draws hold this week.

Egypt’s Omar Assar is seeded 28th, while Aruna’s compatriot —- Olajide Omotayo —- is seeded 49th in the men’s singles.

In the women’s singles, six-time African women champion, Egypt’s Dina Meshref, has been seeded 19th.

Nigeria’s Offiong Edem is seeded 53rd among the 70 athletes competing in the women’s singles event, while seven-time Olympian Olufunke Oshonaike is 60th.

Meanwhile, China’s Fan Zhendong and Chen Meng have been unveiled as the top seeds for the men’s and women’s singles categories.

Making his first appearance on the Olympic stage in Tokyo, 24-year-old Fan Zhendong is bidding to become the sixth Chinese player to take home men’s singles gold.

Meanwhile, fellow Fan’s compatriot and defending champion Ma Long, who has been named as the number two seed, will attempt to recapture the magic of five years ago.

He will be defending his highly sought-after title at the Tokyo Metropolitan Gymnasium.

Seeded third is homeboy 18-year-old Tomokazu Harimoto is bound to catch the eye as the ever-improving teenager looks to guide Japan to a historic first gold medal in the category.

Also, Brazil’s Hugo Calderano and Chinese Taipei’s Lin Yun-Ju have been named the fourth and fifth seeds respectively in the men’s singles draw.

They are ahead of Sweden’s Mattias Falck, London 2012 bronze medallist Dimitrij Ovtcharov and fellow German Timo Boll.

A new women’s singles champion will be crowned, with all eyes firmly fixed on two Chinese debutants looking to make it nine gold medals in a row for them.

Making the summit of the list, top seed Chen Meng leads the way with Sun Yingsha occupying the immediate position below on the list.

China also leads the way in both the Men’s Team and Women’s Team events in pursuit of a fourth-straight gold medal finish in both categories.

Source: https://pmnewsnigeria.com/2021/07/18/aruna-quadri-now-highest-rated-african-tennis-player/amp/

CC: Mynd44 Lalasticala

42 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Aruna Quadri Now Highest-Rated African Table Tennis Player by Amotolongbo(f): 9:01pm On Jul 18, 2021
This seems to be the first time a Nigerian will be leading the Egyptians in the Table tennis ranking.

So awesome having a better replacement for Segun Toriola in Aruna Qadri.
I love the way Olajide Omotayo is developing

82 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Aruna Quadri Now Highest-Rated African Table Tennis Player by DEROX: 9:01pm On Jul 18, 2021
cheesy congrats to him it isnt easy

7 Likes

Re: Aruna Quadri Now Highest-Rated African Table Tennis Player by Kastonkastroll(m): 9:03pm On Jul 18, 2021
Everybody get were him food dey sha. Is it not pingpong that we use to play as kids that is now another person's source of livelihood? Omo pingpong ooh!!!

All the same, congratz gee

undecided

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aruna Quadri Now Highest-Rated African Table Tennis Player by trutharena: 9:03pm On Jul 18, 2021
Aruna Quadri.

Oyo Alaafin product.

52 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aruna Quadri Now Highest-Rated African Table Tennis Player by MyDadio: 9:04pm On Jul 18, 2021
N
Re: Aruna Quadri Now Highest-Rated African Table Tennis Player by Mumusaphire: 9:04pm On Jul 18, 2021
Kudos boy

2 Likes

Re: Aruna Quadri Now Highest-Rated African Table Tennis Player by MyDadio: 9:04pm On Jul 18, 2021
Nice one

1 Like

Re: Aruna Quadri Now Highest-Rated African Table Tennis Player by Nobody: 9:05pm On Jul 18, 2021
Hmmm......how old is this man self, been active for long o or as football age is there also tennis age?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aruna Quadri Now Highest-Rated African Table Tennis Player by Amotolongbo(f): 9:05pm On Jul 18, 2021
trutharena:
Aruba Quadri.

Oyo Alaafin product.
Aruba ko, Bonaire ni grin

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aruna Quadri Now Highest-Rated African Table Tennis Player by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:05pm On Jul 18, 2021
Wow!
Good news. grin cheesy wink

From all of us @[/b] : [b]CONGRATULATIONS Aruna Quadri.

This is only the beginning of such success in your life Aruna.

Go and succeed.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aruna Quadri Now Highest-Rated African Table Tennis Player by Geeman2006: 9:05pm On Jul 18, 2021
Guy is supposed to be a veteran of the sports.
But he better brace up for those Chinese players, those ones play like they trained for Kung Fu too.

7 Likes

Re: Aruna Quadri Now Highest-Rated African Table Tennis Player by Amspecial: 9:05pm On Jul 18, 2021
grin
Re: Aruna Quadri Now Highest-Rated African Table Tennis Player by braveboy64(m): 9:06pm On Jul 18, 2021
Congratulations

1 Like

Re: Aruna Quadri Now Highest-Rated African Table Tennis Player by DontBullshitMe: 9:06pm On Jul 18, 2021
Old man.
Re: Aruna Quadri Now Highest-Rated African Table Tennis Player by Lattop(m): 9:07pm On Jul 18, 2021
Never knew he is still active... Kudos

1 Like

Re: Aruna Quadri Now Highest-Rated African Table Tennis Player by Nobody: 9:07pm On Jul 18, 2021
Dude is good

3 Likes

Re: Aruna Quadri Now Highest-Rated African Table Tennis Player by davidtemi(m): 9:08pm On Jul 18, 2021
The day I faced this guy...he murdered me but I was proud of myself. I need a good coach and sponsor

I am a left handed player, and I think I am good at my own level. No more an amateur

12 Likes

Re: Aruna Quadri Now Highest-Rated African Table Tennis Player by SonofGod231: 9:08pm On Jul 18, 2021
Very Nice...Na For Table Tennis I know say boys dey use Jazz play, the time I enter abj go jam some set of bad asssss aboki boys.My eyes clear.

5 Likes

Re: Aruna Quadri Now Highest-Rated African Table Tennis Player by Fuckingmallam45(m): 9:08pm On Jul 18, 2021
Yoruba Muslim Amaka grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Aruna Quadri Now Highest-Rated African Table Tennis Player by M8adio: 9:08pm On Jul 18, 2021
From all of us at @ MONKEYBBQGRILLS, we say our terrorist darling daddy is working, He gave this young guy the platform to showcase his talent and shine

Other people our darling daddy have helped include Anthony Joshua, Kamaru Usman, Israel Adesanya, Bukayo Saka, Asisat Oshoala

If not for the peaceful atmosphere we enjoy , these athletes will not have had the opportunity to show the world the stuffs we are made up as Nigerians.

Our darling Daddy have instructed Isa Pantami, Femi Adesina and Lai Mohammed to table our bid to host the next Olympic games in 2024. This will further boost our economy so that Bandits and Terrorists will have means to acquire more arms

Don't worry, 2023 elections will be free and fair. Electronic transmission of results will lead to rigging hence the reason we don't want to use it.

Basicend:
How does this affect the price of Sandine, Indomie, Rice and palm oil in the market?

Who even watches table tennis nowadays self. . No vex o bros. . Na my take be that. .

Don't worry our darling daddy is working his socks off to make sure 1dollar is equal to 2000naira. This will ensure cheaper food for all

Don't forget the current exchange rate is N500/$. If we multiply that by 4, we get N2000/$. This will ensure all Nigerians Net worth will instantly be multiplied by 4 and their will be more money for you. All hail our darling daddy, the smartest president ever to rule

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Aruna Quadri Now Highest-Rated African Table Tennis Player by Folabifreeman(m): 9:08pm On Jul 18, 2021
Vv
Re: Aruna Quadri Now Highest-Rated African Table Tennis Player by obicoolnino: 9:10pm On Jul 18, 2021
A
Re: Aruna Quadri Now Highest-Rated African Table Tennis Player by Tyranny: 9:11pm On Jul 18, 2021
Nice one! "Go On With One Nigeria" anyway

1 Like

Re: Aruna Quadri Now Highest-Rated African Table Tennis Player by lexy2014: 9:12pm On Jul 18, 2021
Splendoor:
what I love about my country people.. everywhere we go we show that we are the giant of Africa.. good one sir..
at a cheap price dm me for your logo and flyer designs

What is giant of Africa& How are we showing that we are giant of Africa?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Aruna Quadri Now Highest-Rated African Table Tennis Player by Basicend: 9:13pm On Jul 18, 2021
How does this affect the price of Sandine, Indomie, Rice and palm oil in the market?

Who even watches table tennis nowadays self. . No vex o bros. . Na my take be that. .

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Spain Win The Women's World Cup For The First Time Ever / Chelsea FC Owner Roman Abramovich Wins Apology Over Putin Claim / Sanchez Vs Hazard; Who Is Better?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.