Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,932 members, 7,799,150 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 04:07 PM

Mobile Website Or Mobile App Which Is More Prone To Hacking - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Mobile Website Or Mobile App Which Is More Prone To Hacking (251 Views)

Mobile Website Options To Improve SEO / Mobile Website Design Services / How Is Paystack & Interswitch Gateway Implemented On Website Or Mobile App??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mobile Website Or Mobile App Which Is More Prone To Hacking by superjab247: 11:49pm On Jul 18, 2021
I am about to build an application either a website or an app,but I don't know which one is more secure from hacking.

Experts in the house between a mobile website and a app which is more easier to hack.
Re: Mobile Website Or Mobile App Which Is More Prone To Hacking by webapi: 6:54pm On Jul 19, 2021
superjab247:
I am about to build an application either a website or an app,but I don't know which one is more secure from hacking.

Experts in the house between a mobile website and a app which is more easier to hack.
Website
Re: Mobile Website Or Mobile App Which Is More Prone To Hacking by superjab247: 7:56pm On Jul 19, 2021
webapi:

Website
Why do you think an app is more secured than a website
Re: Mobile Website Or Mobile App Which Is More Prone To Hacking by webapi: 8:07pm On Jul 19, 2021
superjab247:

Why do you think an app is more secured than a website

When i say app, i mean real native app/cross platform and not converted app. Now when you create an app, it communicates with the backend through an api. This apis can be secured within the app and it would take alot of cracking to get access to them. Then you are faced with the backend where these apis are made from. These apis may not have html tags on them at all so you cant even scrap anything from them. But for website? You can scrap, you can easily confirm what the website is running on, e.g wordpress. Then all you need is few troubleshooting to gain access. You can even access the admin of many CMS websites. There are alot you can play with on a website compared to an app
Re: Mobile Website Or Mobile App Which Is More Prone To Hacking by superjab247: 9:23pm On Jul 19, 2021
webapi:

When i say app, i mean real native app/cross platform and not converted app. Now when you create an app, it communicates with the backend through an api. This apis can be secured within the app and it would take alot of cracking to get access to them. Then you are faced with the backend where these apis are made from. These apis may not have html tags on them at all so you cant even scrap anything from them. But for website? You can scrap, you can easily confirm what the website is running on, e.g wordpress. Then all you need is few troubleshooting to gain access. You can even access the admin of many CMS websites. There are alot you can play with on a website compared to an app
So an app with a blog referral link that refers users to it is better and safer than a website with good security plugins?

(1) (Reply)

Introducing Pos/inventory Application / Website For Sale / How To Remove The ?m=1 From Your Blogger Blog Domain Name

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.