Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,129 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:33 AM

Sacked Pastors: Winners Chapel Is In Order - Reno Omokri - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Sacked Pastors: Winners Chapel Is In Order - Reno Omokri (53320 Views)

10 Reasons Why Winners Chapel Is 'Dangerously' Wealthy / "I Don't Pay Tithes To Winners Chapel Anymore" - Lady; Daddy Freeze Reacts / Bishop Oyedepo Dedicates Winners' Chapel VGC, Lagos, Built By A Single Member (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sacked Pastors: Winners Chapel Is In Order - Reno Omokri by dazzlingd(m): 7:00am On Jul 19, 2021
Lifestone:

Lets wait till judgement day to find out, but today Oyedepo has properly handled an unfruitful branch Pastor

Hahaha,

Performance review, church don dey do appraisal grin grin
This church business is booming

2 Likes

Re: Sacked Pastors: Winners Chapel Is In Order - Reno Omokri by boxypane(m): 7:00am On Jul 19, 2021
Acidosis:
The media will always use people's minds and emotions the way they want. That's why I didn't bother to respond to that thread.

First, whoever believes that Winners Chapel will release such a letter and cite money reasons must be very very senseless in real life.

Second, the idea of dismissing a pastor out of service doesn't make sense. However, I do not expect an unproductive church to remain unproductive either. What are you doing as a Church if you don't attract new souls? Of course, more souls typically means more income for the church. So yeah, no one should be surprised when everyone focus on the money which they believe is the answer to all their life troubles.

If the church is not growing, what should the church management do? The right alternative should have been to change the leadership of the local church, not outrightly sack a pastor (unless there are genuine reasons to do so). He may thrive better in a new environment, or simply work together with other pastors in an established church. This is the norm everywhere.
You are one of the problems we have in this country.
Re: Sacked Pastors: Winners Chapel Is In Order - Reno Omokri by Onepeople: 7:01am On Jul 19, 2021
Wiseandtrue:
undecided undecided I wasn't going to comment on this topic until Oyedepo himself address this issue!

But Reno, got this all wrong!

You guys have become fishers of money and not fishers of men undecided chai! God must be a patient God oooo!

Now if the growth you are talking about is the physical growth:

Did the apostles win souls for Christ when He was with them I mean they were always going about with Jesus

And if the monetary aspect, many of the disciples STOPPED working when they met Jesus Christ and Jesus Christ has been taking care of every of their needs! Go and read Matthew 4:18–22, Mark 3:16-20 and Luke 5:1–11 , John 1:35–51!

So if BISHOP Oyedepo is really like Christ and is doing the work of Jesus Christ why can't he take care of his pastors need Or is God Almighty not a great provider again

Is Oyedepo now God Stop making mockery of God's name all in the name of looking for money!

Modified:

Did you read at all

Did Oyedepo ordained these men without hearing from God

God cannot contradict Himself!

Who is Oyedepo to sack those who wish to serve God

Even when the apostles were trying to stop those worshipping God simply because they are not part of them

Jesus Christ said "leave them! If they are not against us, they are with us!

How do you sack a pastor who is not stealing, going diabolical As a pastor, was he not prayerful Is he found wanted as a leader at home

Common!
you are missing something, their is a clear difference between serving God and occupying position of service, others can do better in that same position,my humble take is that if the church feels that they are not doing better as a pastor, their are other departments in the church they can be redeployed to.sack is a no no for me.
Re: Sacked Pastors: Winners Chapel Is In Order - Reno Omokri by Lifestone(m): 7:02am On Jul 19, 2021
MemoriesAndMe:

I read it very well. I also read the comment from one of the affected pastors that said he called to get some clarification and he was told that the church needs revenue to operate and can't operate at a loss. How is it his fault? I bet he won't be affected Ted if his church members were fraudsters, kidnappers, drug dealers etc that are able to donate more than enough.

Haven't we all seen how many of these churches want branches in Abuja, PH, Lagos etc and barely think of remote places where financially struggling villagers are? Would they fire pastors there too if they can't meet the said index?
You see most of you guys can't be a good judge. Why should we bring in all these side talk and stick with what is written in black and white
Re: Sacked Pastors: Winners Chapel Is In Order - Reno Omokri by AjalaDtraveller(f): 7:03am On Jul 19, 2021
I have been into Nigerian Church politics and i know very well that as a pastor sent to head a branch you have to meet monthly financial targets set by headquarters church. Targets for specific seeds, when the chrurch has programmes, partnerships payments, targets for tithes etc( you must make sure your members are meeting up eith this payments.
The last day i stepped my feet in a church in Nigeria was in a very popular church(won't give the full name here with S Ministries s with GO's name D. I) we were all asked to contribute for Go"s birthday. And a week to the birthday there wasn't much gathered so the pastor came and pleaded that with members to contribute much more. He specifically said that our church target is 6 million naira. For only our small branch o.
Why are we all acting like we don't know that this is how especially mega churches operate ?!

3 Likes

Re: Sacked Pastors: Winners Chapel Is In Order - Reno Omokri by authority2006(m): 7:03am On Jul 19, 2021
ijaw1stson:
Is Reno so bored in America? Must he react over everything he sees online? I tire for this man abeg
cassidy1996:
seems he is, he misses Nigeria too, but he dey fear to come home

The guy will spend the next 6 years in custody before he will be granted bail if he mistakenly finds himself in Nigeria. I'm sure that he wishes to come back but the fear of Bubu is the beginning of wisdom grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Sacked Pastors: Winners Chapel Is In Order - Reno Omokri by Lifestone(m): 7:04am On Jul 19, 2021
dazzlingd:

Hahaha,

Performance review, church don dey do appraisal grin grin
This church business is booming
performance review, very important, that's what Jesus Christ taught, accountability
Re: Sacked Pastors: Winners Chapel Is In Order - Reno Omokri by authority2006(m): 7:06am On Jul 19, 2021
Lifestone:

You see most of you guys can't be a good judge. Why should we bring in all these side talk and stick with what is written in black and white

What is written in black and white? Even before this letter came online, people were aware of this kind of practice. So, continue deceiving yourself

1 Like

Re: Sacked Pastors: Winners Chapel Is In Order - Reno Omokri by Lifestone(m): 7:06am On Jul 19, 2021
Onepeople:
he can be redeployed into other departments in the church, I don't want to believe that this was how it happened, what happened to payment of benefits and other entitlements? Reno can quote any part of the bible to back up this nonsense, but definitely wrong in strata of human endeavour, I am a fan oyedepo,but is not right.
With this type of attitude, he will pollute any department he's posted to, he's toxic and best he was sacked

1 Like

Re: Sacked Pastors: Winners Chapel Is In Order - Reno Omokri by authority2006(m): 7:07am On Jul 19, 2021
Lifestone:

With this type of attitude, he they will pollute any department he's posted to, he's toxic and best he they was sacked
Re: Sacked Pastors: Winners Chapel Is In Order - Reno Omokri by HRSweetness(f): 7:08am On Jul 19, 2021
Lifestone:
Some lazy anti church elements never bothered to read the letter anyway, they ran to town screaming Church is a Business.
What's in a Pastor that could not bring in souls into the Kingdom of God? What was he hired to do?
Am not surprised where we are today as a nation when we could not hold people accountable for the assignments that they were given.
The attitude of the Pastor is the more reason he failed, an entitlement mentality and he was rightly sacked.

Of course church is a business. Jesus said I must go about my father's business. So it is right to say church is a business, but the church business is about soul winning and ensuring that won souls enjoy the abundant life Christ promised.

2 Likes

Re: Sacked Pastors: Winners Chapel Is In Order - Reno Omokri by Verysmart101: 7:09am On Jul 19, 2021
Lifestone:

You are prejudiced.
Why will you insinuate what was not written in the letter. It's convenient for you to insult the Church and not hold the Pastor accountable for what he was hired to do.
Oyedepo is not a stupid man otherwise he wouldn't have been successful in building a Church from zero to over 2million membership. Simply say you hate the Church but that won't stop the church of Christ from growing.

U forgot to add that he is the richest pastor in the world with numerous private jets.Stop being sentimental Mr man.
Re: Sacked Pastors: Winners Chapel Is In Order - Reno Omokri by Sergioaguero: 7:10am On Jul 19, 2021
thesicilian:
But should "church growth" only be measured by the number of new comers in the church? If a church has 20 members and they're all growing spirituality through the teachings and guidance of the pastor, isn't that worthy of commendation as well?

Many are called few are chosen. In a congregation of 5000 it will surprise you that it only a handful dat will be chosen by God. An a congregation of four people all four can be accepted by God in holiness.

Where 2 or 3 are gathered, I am there that's what God said.

If the church can't foot the bill of that parish, they can close it and merge with the one standing, while pastor can move to another branch as supporting. The only thing that can sack a believer is sin, and that sack leads to hell without repentance; otherwise no man have power to dislodge abyone that want to serve God.
Re: Sacked Pastors: Winners Chapel Is In Order - Reno Omokri by Lifestone(m): 7:10am On Jul 19, 2021
HRSweetness:

Of course church is a business. Jesus said I must go about my father's business. So it is right to say church is a business, but the church business is about soul winning and ensuring that won souls enjoy the abundant life Christ promised.
God bless you Sister
Re: Sacked Pastors: Winners Chapel Is In Order - Reno Omokri by Verysmart101: 7:10am On Jul 19, 2021
Lifestone:

Look at your twisted rationality, a Church hired a Pastor and he should evangelize for convert to go to other churches when he's heading a church where these converts can be discipled.
Well the simple question that his employer asked him is to show his fruits, he couldn't and he was rightly fired.

When you talk about fruit,wat does "fruit" signify?
Re: Sacked Pastors: Winners Chapel Is In Order - Reno Omokri by Nobody: 7:10am On Jul 19, 2021
If tithe is not increasing, it can also mean members are not being blessed with financial increase/growth and not necessarily increase in membership size. In either or both cases, it should be a thing of concern to any pastor
Re: Sacked Pastors: Winners Chapel Is In Order - Reno Omokri by Ever8090: 7:11am On Jul 19, 2021
Lifestone:
Some lazy anti church elements never bothered to read the letter anyway, they ran to town screaming Church is a Business.
What's in a Pastor that could not bring in souls into the Kingdom of God? What was he hired to do?
Am not surprised where we are today as a nation when we could not hold people accountable for the assignments that they were given.
The attitude of the Pastor is the more reason he failed, an entitlement mentality and he was rightly sacked.
oh...he was hired and not called abi?...una try well well...
Re: Sacked Pastors: Winners Chapel Is In Order - Reno Omokri by nobone(f): 7:12am On Jul 19, 2021
Reno is the Chief judge of all matters arising.

ijaw1stson:
Is Reno so bored in America? Must he react over everything he sees online? I tire for this man abeg

1 Like

Re: Sacked Pastors: Winners Chapel Is In Order - Reno Omokri by authority2006(m): 7:12am On Jul 19, 2021
Acidosis:
The media will always use people's minds and emotions the way they want. That's why I didn't bother to respond to that thread.
First, whoever believes that Winners Chapel will release such a letter and cite money reasons must be very very senseless in real life.
Second, the idea of dismissing a pastor out of service doesn't make sense.

[s] However, I do not expect an unproductive church to remain unproductive either. What are you doing as a Church if you don't attract new souls? Of course, more souls typically means more income for the church. So yeah, no one should be surprised when everyone focus on the money which they believe is the answer to all their life troubles.
If the church is not growing, what should the church management do? The right alternative should have been to change the leadership of the local church, not outrightly sack a pastor (unless there are genuine reasons to do so). He may thrive better in a new environment, or simply work together with other pastors in an established church. This is the norm everywhere [/s] .

The first part, you didn't believe it happened, you didn't believe it make sense.

But in the second part, you still went ahead to justify what you think that doesn't make sense. What's wrong with you my friend?
Re: Sacked Pastors: Winners Chapel Is In Order - Reno Omokri by focus7: 7:12am On Jul 19, 2021
Did Reno expect winners management to write money there?

We know how things plays in winners, church growth is determined by the i income. Is preferable that a pastor has a lesser congregation with heavy income that a large congregation with low income.
Re: Sacked Pastors: Winners Chapel Is In Order - Reno Omokri by PIMPAR: 7:12am On Jul 19, 2021
PDP thieves promoting another PDP thieves
Re: Sacked Pastors: Winners Chapel Is In Order - Reno Omokri by Lifestone(m): 7:13am On Jul 19, 2021
Verysmart101:

When you talk about fruit,wat does "fruit" signify?
In Christiandom we know fruits to mean converts and spiritual growths
Re: Sacked Pastors: Winners Chapel Is In Order - Reno Omokri by Lifestone(m): 7:14am On Jul 19, 2021
Verysmart101:

U forgot to add that he is the richest pastor in the world with numerous private jets.Stop being sentimental Mr man.
That's why people are angry, but they are not God
Re: Sacked Pastors: Winners Chapel Is In Order - Reno Omokri by dingbang(m): 7:14am On Jul 19, 2021
Wetin God go judge on that day eh.
Re: Sacked Pastors: Winners Chapel Is In Order - Reno Omokri by Ever8090: 7:14am On Jul 19, 2021
advanceDNA:

I don’t thinks this is about money..

In winners, the main duty of resident pastor is church growth i.e in numbers of people...

the fact is...no pastor can force people to give...Increase in number of people doesn’t necessarily translate to increase in money...

For example...if number of women( mothers are on the increase in a particular month. Automatically that’s double or triple because mothers will come with kids... but that won’t mean increase in offering or tithe...as children don’t give...

A pastor can’t drag rich people to church or force them to give so really he has no control over increase in money....

My opinion shaa

I don't understand this growth in population you people are forcing us to accept in a particular meaning..the direct meaning there is, the more the population the higher the money, this is simple logic I beg...
Re: Sacked Pastors: Winners Chapel Is In Order - Reno Omokri by Lifestone(m): 7:15am On Jul 19, 2021
Ever8090:
oh...he was hired and not called abi?...una try well well...
That's according to him o, I didn't say so, he said it
Re: Sacked Pastors: Winners Chapel Is In Order - Reno Omokri by Verysmart101: 7:15am On Jul 19, 2021
LegacyB:
Let’s stop all this hypocritical analysis please. What were the pastors employed for in the first place??.
So they want to continue lounging while they get free salaries. If you can’t stand the heat pls get out of the kitchen.
The issue is that evangelism isnt a forceful thing.To build a church takes time and with the help of God not just human will.Only God knows y they were truely sacked
Re: Sacked Pastors: Winners Chapel Is In Order - Reno Omokri by ICTWeb: 7:15am On Jul 19, 2021
If we should be sincere churches revenue has withhold down recently for bad economy and High expenses.

The economy is not friendly.
Re: Sacked Pastors: Winners Chapel Is In Order - Reno Omokri by desiredhome: 7:15am On Jul 19, 2021
advanceDNA:

I don’t thinks this is about money..

In winners, the main duty of resident pastor is church growth i.e in numbers of people...

the fact is...no pastor can force people to give...Increase in number of people doesn’t necessarily translate to increase in money...

For example...if number of women( mothers are on the increase in a particular month. Automatically that’s double or triple because mothers will come with kids... but that won’t mean increase in offering or tithe...as children don’t give...

A pastor can’t drag rich people to church or force them to give so really he has no control over increase in money....

My opinion shaa

With the number of churches booming all over?......, maybe the sacked pastors would've gone out to drag other church members to his own church to meet the target..... desperate people......
If it's not for the pocket/money how come the country is still poor/suffering despite all the churches around?.....

I know your answer will be that it's the politicians, Buhari, bra bra.......but will be blind to the wickedness of these religious leaders....
Re: Sacked Pastors: Winners Chapel Is In Order - Reno Omokri by advanceDNA: 7:16am On Jul 19, 2021
Commentor:

Will you shut up?

What was the spurpose of the Widow's mite?

Are u normal...u want me to shut up but u think it’s okay to talk to me..
Re: Sacked Pastors: Winners Chapel Is In Order - Reno Omokri by Lifestone(m): 7:17am On Jul 19, 2021
Ever8090:
I don't understand this growth in population you people are forcing us to accept in a particular meaning..the direct meaning there is, the more the population the higher the money, this is simple logic I beg...
The way you see am.
But more people more souls in the Kingdom of God, the way we see it
Re: Sacked Pastors: Winners Chapel Is In Order - Reno Omokri by temi1290: 7:17am On Jul 19, 2021
I

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Steps Where Jesus walked Healed a Blind Man Unearthed In Jerusalem / T.B Joshua: Woman Gives Birth During Church Service (graphic Video) / Florida Pastor Caught In Bed With The Wife Of A Church Member (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.