Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,709 members, 7,802,144 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:46 AM

How Much Salary Increase Is Good Enough To Relocate To Another State In Nigeria? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Much Salary Increase Is Good Enough To Relocate To Another State In Nigeria? (13460 Views)

How Much Salary Is Enough For Good Living In Nigeria; this Year 2023? / How Much Salary Is Enough For Good Living In Nigeria / How Much Salary Is Enough Salary In This Economy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Much Salary Increase Is Good Enough To Relocate To Another State In Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:09am On Jul 19, 2021
For someone who is earning 40,000 naira monthly as a Teacher, how much salary increase is good enough to relocate to another school in a nearby States?.
Akwa Ibom -PH

2 Likes

Re: How Much Salary Increase Is Good Enough To Relocate To Another State In Nigeria? by doggedfighter(f): 7:50am On Jul 19, 2021
GiftUbani1995:
For someone who is earning 40,000 naira monthly as a Teacher, how much salary increase is good enough to relocate to another school in a nearby States?.
Akwa Ibom -PH

You didn't state if accommodation is part of the relocation package.

4 Likes

Re: How Much Salary Increase Is Good Enough To Relocate To Another State In Nigeria? by oneble: 9:55am On Jul 19, 2021
Just pray God should bless you brother. For how long will a man continue to struggle? With ₦40,000, you will live fine at any of not too popular towns in Osun State. eg Ikire, Gbongan, Olode etc

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Much Salary Increase Is Good Enough To Relocate To Another State In Nigeria? by Gravity56: 9:55am On Jul 19, 2021
40K Monthly Baba God Save your children ....

40 Likes

Re: How Much Salary Increase Is Good Enough To Relocate To Another State In Nigeria? by anungangampu: 9:55am On Jul 19, 2021
PH is a very costly city to live in. You might need an extra increment to 70k.
I can't be exactly sure.

5 Likes

Re: How Much Salary Increase Is Good Enough To Relocate To Another State In Nigeria? by INTEGRITYA1(m): 9:56am On Jul 19, 2021
Okay, is like you're earning 40k monthly as salary where you're currently teaching and you're looking at another offers somewhere else, the question is, what increase should be added to the current 40k before you take your move. Let wait for other people's opinions.

To me, it's all in your hands.

2 Likes

Re: How Much Salary Increase Is Good Enough To Relocate To Another State In Nigeria? by oladapoayo(m): 9:56am On Jul 19, 2021
Double the salary with accommodation

3 Likes

Re: How Much Salary Increase Is Good Enough To Relocate To Another State In Nigeria? by PStacks(m): 9:56am On Jul 19, 2021
Some states are actually cheaper to live in as compared to other states.

Cost of Living in Lagos, Porthacourt and Abuja are actually higher than living in Cosmopolitan cities like Kaduna , Jos.

far even cheaper when you talk Osun Osogbo, Gombe.

Someone earning 100k in Lagos or Abuja cant be compared to someone earning same 100k in Akure or Osogbo.

and the thing is. Accomodation, Feeding and Transportation are far cheaper in these other states as compared to congested cities like lagos.

and suprisingly Electricity situation is far better in these smaller states with proper ease to life altho money and business are scarce to come by in same smaller states.

for me.

Osogbo, Akure, Abeokuta in Southwest makes sense.

Kaduna, Gombe, Jos.. especially Jos, Food is cheaper, accomodation is affordable.

no keke for transportation in Abuja, Lagos. But you have keke and bikes in Gombe. Makes life far less stressful.

36 Likes

Re: How Much Salary Increase Is Good Enough To Relocate To Another State In Nigeria? by jkcarz: 9:56am On Jul 19, 2021
It depends on you. Check your lifestyle and decide.

3 Likes

Re: How Much Salary Increase Is Good Enough To Relocate To Another State In Nigeria? by WaffenSS(m): 9:57am On Jul 19, 2021
GiftUbani1995:
Akwa Ibom -PH

3 Likes

Re: How Much Salary Increase Is Good Enough To Relocate To Another State In Nigeria? by 9jayes: 9:57am On Jul 19, 2021
If I’m collecting 300k in Lagos I can relocate to Osun at a reduced 200k. If 100k in Ebonyi I can move to Abuja at 350k increments

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Salary Increase Is Good Enough To Relocate To Another State In Nigeria? by HEAVEN4444: 9:58am On Jul 19, 2021
sad enough

1 Like

Re: How Much Salary Increase Is Good Enough To Relocate To Another State In Nigeria? by samuelevans(m): 9:58am On Jul 19, 2021
house rent is not paid every month, so i think 250k salary should be considered enough in relocating to your favorite part of the country, besides every cities get it's own local place for low level people.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Salary Increase Is Good Enough To Relocate To Another State In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:58am On Jul 19, 2021
It's not in the earning.. it's in the management.

2 Likes

Re: How Much Salary Increase Is Good Enough To Relocate To Another State In Nigeria? by Antoeni(m): 9:58am On Jul 19, 2021
It depends on the state you are relocating to
A state like rivers state is very expensive to live

1 Like

Re: How Much Salary Increase Is Good Enough To Relocate To Another State In Nigeria? by id4sho(m): 9:58am On Jul 19, 2021
angry

When I wake up no be by my Power o
Oluwa lo kuku so wa o
I go down on my knees and I thank God oo
Poverty Die die die die, Poverty die die die

And I step into the street for my paper

I dey hustle make the poverty le japa ooo

Ki Oriburuku ma lo ya ile wa ooo
Oriburuku ji na si'le mi (Die)
Irina ji na si'le mi (Die)
A'yi ni owo lo'wo ji na si'le (Die ooooo)
I want get plenty money (Die)
Poverty to fe ma fenes (Die)
Maaye to ni Greediness (Die)
No put thru Shift from my Business (Die oooo)
I no well I get money Sick (Die)
Biggie money no be small small
Ti o ba ti tomi bi Eniola Badmas (Die)
Mo no wey no get Focus (Die ooo)
Money wey no dey...
Holy Ghost Fire, me I no dey tire,
Ogun aye mi e bami jo won pelu fire Fire
Fire fire Fire Fire Fire Fire Fire Fire Fire
Oluwa lo kuku so wa o

Na who say make I know vex oo (Die)
I know no why den dey vex o (Die)
Poverty na my Ex oo (Die)
Me am on to the next o (Die)
Iya to jemi ti mo shara gu e guy (Die)
Ebi to pami ti mo ka gu o gu o (Die)
O dabo e ma lo jeje (Die)
This is my crime time bi ti baba Keke (Die)
Aye n reti ileya mi o den just dey pray ko
Pari o I don dey hide Dem like paami o (Die)
Te ba n po lola e ma pami o (Die)
(Die)
Holy Ghost Fire, me I no dey tire,
Ogun aye mi e bami jo won pelu fire Fire
Fire fire Fire Fire Fire Fire Fire Fire Fire
Oluwa lo kuku so wa o

9 Likes

Re: How Much Salary Increase Is Good Enough To Relocate To Another State In Nigeria? by YorubaKinging: 9:59am On Jul 19, 2021
The end is near

1 Like

Re: How Much Salary Increase Is Good Enough To Relocate To Another State In Nigeria? by dreu2fine(m): 9:59am On Jul 19, 2021
GiftUbani1995:
Akwa Ibom -PH
Ughelli is beta

2 Likes

Re: How Much Salary Increase Is Good Enough To Relocate To Another State In Nigeria? by kekakuz(m): 9:59am On Jul 19, 2021
God am such an ingrate. Am sorry.

8 Likes

Re: How Much Salary Increase Is Good Enough To Relocate To Another State In Nigeria? by Antoeni(m): 10:00am On Jul 19, 2021
If it’s port harcourt

100K Na manage

1 Like

Re: How Much Salary Increase Is Good Enough To Relocate To Another State In Nigeria? by dazzlingd(m): 10:00am On Jul 19, 2021
cheesy from where to where?

For example from abuja to ilorin should be a salary decrement

4 Likes

Re: How Much Salary Increase Is Good Enough To Relocate To Another State In Nigeria? by TriCee: 10:00am On Jul 19, 2021
Nawaooo, when I see people earning these meager amounts and still living well, I just give them big kudos. Odiro easy!

5 Likes

Re: How Much Salary Increase Is Good Enough To Relocate To Another State In Nigeria? by Stanweezy(m): 10:01am On Jul 19, 2021
Graduate dey suffer for this con3, 40k every month.

Come to Apo mechanic village here in Abuja, one boy wey never learn auto electrician finish don build self contain for himself.

This boys make close to 150k monthly

11 Likes

Re: How Much Salary Increase Is Good Enough To Relocate To Another State In Nigeria? by Hahjascho(m): 10:01am On Jul 19, 2021
To another school in nearby state.....

Will the new salary be close to 100k at least?..

How about accommodation, transportation, etc.

1 Like

Re: How Much Salary Increase Is Good Enough To Relocate To Another State In Nigeria? by ecolime(m): 10:01am On Jul 19, 2021
GiftUbani1995:
Akwa Ibom -PH
In this instance, you can leave if the new salary is above N200k. PH is an expensive city.

1 Like

Re: How Much Salary Increase Is Good Enough To Relocate To Another State In Nigeria? by 24kmagic: 10:02am On Jul 19, 2021
Portharcourt is an expensive place.

Maybe you will need an increment that is close to 40k.

As someone said earlier, you should be looking at 70k

1 Like

Re: How Much Salary Increase Is Good Enough To Relocate To Another State In Nigeria? by seanwilliam(m): 10:03am On Jul 19, 2021
I wonder how people earning 40k in Lagos survive

8 Likes

Re: How Much Salary Increase Is Good Enough To Relocate To Another State In Nigeria? by valentineuwakwe(m): 10:03am On Jul 19, 2021
Your salary increment will depend if you are married or single.......a bigger family needs will make any increments if not planned properly to be useless.

As a single man if you are, it will now depend on the area in PHC you want to stay and start life all over. I hear accommodation is one big 'milky industry ' in Portharcourt, so can your 40+ sustain the tempo?

Lastly, any increment depends on your and your financial management. Be prudent in all. Cheers!

2 Likes

Re: How Much Salary Increase Is Good Enough To Relocate To Another State In Nigeria? by easzypeaszy(m): 10:03am On Jul 19, 2021
9jayes:
If I’m collecting 300k in Lagos I can relocate to Osun at a reduced 200k. If 100k in Ebonyi I can move to Abuja at 350k increments
good advice but deep inside u kw u won't take it.
If u earn 300k in Lag der are 80% chance of getting higher offer of like 500k within 2yrs
200k in Osun..Allah u wl remain in dat company till dey sack u n u wl hv to suffer any nonsense dey do to u.
Don't kw if u get me

16 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Drivers Wanted In Lagos(Lekki axis,surulere,ikeja,ajao estate / How Can One Detect Job Invitations That Are Scam? / Schneider Electric Fresh Job Recruitment (3 Positions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.