Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,845 members, 7,802,697 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:12 PM

Nkechi Bianze Is Married: "No Bride Price Paid" (Wedding Pictures) - Events (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Nkechi Bianze Is Married: "No Bride Price Paid" (Wedding Pictures) (57065 Views)

Eyinna Anumudu And Joyce Jacob White Wedding Pictures / Wedding Pictures Of Identical Twin Brothers / Adorable Wedding Pictures Of Identical Twins And Their Lovely Wives (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nkechi Bianze Is Married: "No Bride Price Paid" (Wedding Pictures) by rajiedreez: 11:51am On Jul 19, 2021
She said they " edited tradition a bit" , if so, its to me not regarded as traditional any more. Just my opinion though

1 Like

Re: Nkechi Bianze Is Married: "No Bride Price Paid" (Wedding Pictures) by lexy2014: 11:52am On Jul 19, 2021
pocohantas:

I honestly do not understand why you are barking. If there is anything she has done, she has walked the talk, but you are still not satisfied. You have somehow made it about her age. Which shows your problem is just to cause ruckus at every given time.

First, I hope we (including her) all know the difference between the BRIDE PRICE and MARRIAGE LIST. Two different things.

To the topic, BRIDE PRICE and marriage list is not about her, it is about the Umunna. The last time I checked, the BRIDE PRICE is not given to the bride, but to her father. The content of the list is also not given to her, but to the Umunna, Umuada and youths.

Even the bible says, give what belongs to Caesar to Caesar. A core Igbo man would be very restless if he doesn’t pay bride price, because he knows what is waiting for him in the front. Who even gave her drink to give him when BRIDE PRICE hasn’t been paid?

I do hope she had a unanimous agreement with her people on this. She won’t be the first woman to marry without her BRIDE PRICE being paid. However, they all pay it at some point, maybe when she dies.

I have seen women being treated badly and they said it is because they shamefully followed a man who didn't pay their BRIDE PRICE. I have also seen the ones treated badly and they still say it is because he BOUGHT them. Bride price where I come from is N10 and it is SYMBOLIC, not an EXTORTION, not SELLING THE LADY. The presence or absence if it is also not a guarantee he would treat you fairly. That one is dependent on the man and his ideologies.

Thank you

If u say d bride price and marriage list isn't about her but about d umunna, how then was d bride price not paid?
Re: Nkechi Bianze Is Married: "No Bride Price Paid" (Wedding Pictures) by donbenie(m): 11:53am On Jul 19, 2021
elonmuskbaby:
please what is Umunna and what is their function in the life of the bride and her family? What do they do in the Igbo wedding

Please enlighten me.sorry I'm not Igbo that's why I'm asking
The Ụmụnna is her immediate kindred..
In Igbo marriage rites,the marriage is between the man and the woman's kindred..
There is an extent to which she and her immediate family can be able to influence the Town's marriage customs..
Paying of the Bride Price is the symbolic act of MARRIAGE PROPER,every other rites are add ons..
So it's inconceivable that her bride price was not paid..

3 Likes

Re: Nkechi Bianze Is Married: "No Bride Price Paid" (Wedding Pictures) by cmecproblem(m): 11:53am On Jul 19, 2021
Marriage has started with lies. Madam they paid brideprice they're lying to you. It was done secretly.

2 Likes

Re: Nkechi Bianze Is Married: "No Bride Price Paid" (Wedding Pictures) by vickydevoka(m): 11:53am On Jul 19, 2021
pocohantas:

I honestly do not understand why you are barking. If there is anything she has done, she has walked the talk, but you are still not satisfied. You have somehow made it about her age. Which shows your problem is just to cause ruckus at every given time.

First, I hope we (including her) all know the difference between the BRIDE PRICE and MARRIAGE LIST. Two different things.

To the topic, BRIDE PRICE and marriage list is not about her, it is about the Umunna. The last time I checked, the BRIDE PRICE is not given to the bride, but to her father. The content of the list is also not given to her, but to the Umunna, Umuada and youths.

Even the bible says, give what belongs to Caesar to Caesar. A core Igbo man would be very restless if he doesn’t pay bride price, because he knows what is waiting for him in the front. Who even gave her drink to give him when BRIDE PRICE hasn’t been paid?

I do hope she had a unanimous agreement with her people on this. She won’t be the first woman to marry without her BRIDE PRICE being paid. However, they all pay it at some point, maybe when she dies.

I have seen women being treated badly and they said it is because they shamefully followed a man who didn't pay their BRIDE PRICE. I have also seen the ones treated badly and they still say it is because he BOUGHT them. Bride price where I come from is N10 and it is SYMBOLIC, not an EXTORTION, not SELLING THE LADY. The presence or absence if it is also not a guarantee he would treat you fairly. That one is dependent on the man and his ideologies.

Thank you
N10. U must be from Anambra n not imo
Re: Nkechi Bianze Is Married: "No Bride Price Paid" (Wedding Pictures) by PussyKing(m): 11:54am On Jul 19, 2021
Onyi22:
grin cheesy Free wife

The wife is liable to Bleep any man

This is dating

After all no bribe price was paid
Re: Nkechi Bianze Is Married: "No Bride Price Paid" (Wedding Pictures) by walozanga(m): 11:54am On Jul 19, 2021
pocohantas:

Thank you

Ezigbo nwa-afor

1 Like

Re: Nkechi Bianze Is Married: "No Bride Price Paid" (Wedding Pictures) by Handsum64: 11:54am On Jul 19, 2021
Really, wharris this?
Re: Nkechi Bianze Is Married: "No Bride Price Paid" (Wedding Pictures) by cmecproblem(m): 11:54am On Jul 19, 2021
Okay...it was called another name. Lol.
Re: Nkechi Bianze Is Married: "No Bride Price Paid" (Wedding Pictures) by Nobody: 11:54am On Jul 19, 2021
pocohantas:

There is no many disadvantages I know of as a proud feminist, NAIRALAND standard cheesy.

I also do not know her, so I do not know what views she promotes. I can only see a young lady trying too hard to show she is still a feminist. Which would even be the greatest undoing of her marriage.

She should go and enjoy her man. If he is a kind man, contrary to popular opinion that you would become a slave at home while misleading people, the truth is, you wouldn’t even need to be a feminist with him. Not because you have been subdued, but because he would treat you like a part of him.

always making sense Bianze issa noise maker. Even if the bride price is not paid now, it will still be paid angry
Re: Nkechi Bianze Is Married: "No Bride Price Paid" (Wedding Pictures) by hammerDK: 11:54am On Jul 19, 2021
HIM NO PAY BRIDE PRICE, SHE NO KNEEL FOR AM.

LOVE DAT!

HIM OWN POVERTY NA GRADE 1!

1 Like

Re: Nkechi Bianze Is Married: "No Bride Price Paid" (Wedding Pictures) by hustla(m): 11:55am On Jul 19, 2021
ebukajay184:
"No Bride Price Was Paid" - Social Media Feminist, Nkechi Bianze Gets Married (Photos)

Popular Facebook Feminist, Nkechi Bianze recently had her traditional wedding in her hometown to seal her union with her lover, IgbereTV reports.

As a proud feminist, Nkechi said her bride price wasn't paid and that she didn't kneel down to give her husband drink.

Sharing the photos of her marriage on Facebook, she wrote;

https://www.facebook.com/746102194/posts/10160529650552195/?app=fbl

LOL

99.9% of Nigerian feminists are ugly and "big boned" sha wink

4 Likes

Re: Nkechi Bianze Is Married: "No Bride Price Paid" (Wedding Pictures) by dollynnn(f): 11:55am On Jul 19, 2021
pocohantas:

Thank you
You have said it all.
Re: Nkechi Bianze Is Married: "No Bride Price Paid" (Wedding Pictures) by vickydevoka(m): 11:55am On Jul 19, 2021
See fine man way dis ugly woman marry. What money can not do doesn't exist
Re: Nkechi Bianze Is Married: "No Bride Price Paid" (Wedding Pictures) by harmony75: 11:55am On Jul 19, 2021
The Bride price is in the tradition already. Mis the bride price!
Re: Nkechi Bianze Is Married: "No Bride Price Paid" (Wedding Pictures) by One1Nigeria: 11:56am On Jul 19, 2021
Feminist dwarf. Ooo !!! ,not even able body,what will this man do with a woman wife ,that takes joy in been disrespectful....

3 Likes

Re: Nkechi Bianze Is Married: "No Bride Price Paid" (Wedding Pictures) by hustla(m): 11:56am On Jul 19, 2021
pocohantas:

Thank you

Omo, why all this shalaye
shocked

1 Like

Re: Nkechi Bianze Is Married: "No Bride Price Paid" (Wedding Pictures) by donbenie(m): 11:57am On Jul 19, 2021
PataAlhajaKeji:
I'm an advocate of feminism.

I'm a feminist too.

Women shouldn't be subjugated in the name of marriage.

As a matter of fact, women shouldn't change their surnames, all in the name of marriage.

I wish her a blissful married life.

She can as well stay in her father's house..

Then she won't have to change her name nor risk being subjugated to any man..

All in the name of marriage..

Marriage no be by force..

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nkechi Bianze Is Married: "No Bride Price Paid" (Wedding Pictures) by vickydevoka(m): 11:58am On Jul 19, 2021
Kenfort:
This one is indeed a bag of trouble. I wonder why you allowed a man to come and marry you in the first place. Being ug.ly, and proud is really disgusting.
Seriously. Very painful. Like my cousin. Short, fat and ugly. And very bossy. Imagine government band make up none of this women fit commot

3 Likes

Re: Nkechi Bianze Is Married: "No Bride Price Paid" (Wedding Pictures) by Nobody: 11:58am On Jul 19, 2021
MrColdsweat:

Like, she convinced all those patriarchal, uneducated village uncles to abandon tradition and not accept bride price?

If no bride price was paid then she is not married. She is just cohabiting with the man.

Ndigbo will not modify tradition because of some woman who looks like she swallowed a bag of dirty clothes.
chisos!!! grin
Re: Nkechi Bianze Is Married: "No Bride Price Paid" (Wedding Pictures) by gozzlin: 11:58am On Jul 19, 2021
See what this tall fine guy settled for, an ugly, black heap of fat. undecided

Now I truly believe that handsome guys end up marrying ugly ladies.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nkechi Bianze Is Married: "No Bride Price Paid" (Wedding Pictures) by Firefox01: 11:59am On Jul 19, 2021
This woman is fucking ugly! Damn embarassed

3 Likes

Re: Nkechi Bianze Is Married: "No Bride Price Paid" (Wedding Pictures) by donbenie(m): 12:03pm On Jul 19, 2021
OGHENAOGIE:
bride price and marriage list should be expunged completely... People should just gather and celebrate them contribute for them
Why should bride price be expunged?
In many Towns,the parents return the money after it has been paid or if can be as low as 5naira..
It is mostly symbolic..
Re: Nkechi Bianze Is Married: "No Bride Price Paid" (Wedding Pictures) by Cousin9999: 12:03pm On Jul 19, 2021
I respect what she's doing, but I think instead of abandoning certain practices, we should change the meaning or method. For example, they can both kneel. The bride "price" could also have a different name and become some other gift (maybe a party) that shows appreciation for her parents and how deeply he loves her. It could even be him doing something intensely physical like, idk, climbing a mountain or walking on fire. lol Get creative.
Re: Nkechi Bianze Is Married: "No Bride Price Paid" (Wedding Pictures) by Progressyac: 12:03pm On Jul 19, 2021
Abeg na breast be this.............
Women wahala be like bicycle
Re: Nkechi Bianze Is Married: "No Bride Price Paid" (Wedding Pictures) by crazymommy(f): 12:03pm On Jul 19, 2021
Lol. I remember this lady once said talked about igbo men that they are evil they are this they are that...but she still went to ahead to get pregnant for the igbo man...hypocrisy of the highest order....awon fake feminist...deceive the fools online...say something on social media then do opposite offline...

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nkechi Bianze Is Married: "No Bride Price Paid" (Wedding Pictures) by owprint: 12:04pm On Jul 19, 2021
pocohantas:

Thank you

This is the most hypocritical and confused post I've seen all day...

3 Likes

Re: Nkechi Bianze Is Married: "No Bride Price Paid" (Wedding Pictures) by Nobody: 12:04pm On Jul 19, 2021
Bride price is at the discretion of the bride's family, they can choose to announce if bride price was paid, it is a confidential matter.

In-fact the bride is not supposed to know how much was given in exchange for her.

Sister can rant all she want, money exchanged hands, just because there was no receipt dont mean you weren't paid for. cool

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nkechi Bianze Is Married: "No Bride Price Paid" (Wedding Pictures) by hammerDK: 12:05pm On Jul 19, 2021
U AND YOUR UMUNNA GO CARRY WIFE.

SHE NO DANCE, SHAKE THAT YANSH, KNEEL GIVE YOU PALMWINE.

I TRUST MY PEOPLE, THEY WILL MAKE TROUBLE AND BY THE END, CAR DOORS WILL BE SLAMMED AND WE ZOOM OFF.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pppFr-u91vM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RK3v4kqRgM
Re: Nkechi Bianze Is Married: "No Bride Price Paid" (Wedding Pictures) by Nobody: 12:06pm On Jul 19, 2021
crazymommy:
Lol. I remember this lady once said talked about igbo men that they are evil they are this they are that...but she still went to ahead to get pregnant for the igbo man...hypocrisy of the highest order....awon fake feminist...deceive the fools online...say something on social media then do opposite offline...

If they didnt collect bride price its the because the family deperatley wants to dispose of her.

Who needs a liability any way? Congrats to the unlucky hostage , I mean husband, where are my manners sef?
Re: Nkechi Bianze Is Married: "No Bride Price Paid" (Wedding Pictures) by Nobody: 12:07pm On Jul 19, 2021
gozzlin:
See what this tall fine guy settled for, an ugly, black heap of fat. undecided

Now I truly believe that handsome guys marry ugly ladies.

We call that one a teddy bear husband, sis dy marry am to keep for house as teddy.

We call them tall and sensless. grin
Re: Nkechi Bianze Is Married: "No Bride Price Paid" (Wedding Pictures) by mmsen: 12:07pm On Jul 19, 2021
Juliusmomoh:
Pocohantas where are you ? .. Come here cos you attention is needed. ...... This one can't take it anymore cheesy .. Age is no longer on her side. To be a Feminist is just pure self-deceiving. But some of our block-head nigeria girls will not understand.

It is possible to be a rational feminist, to fight for female issues that have been disregarded. It's needed, especially in Africa where many problems are ignored or dismissed because of 'culture'.

Feminists in western nations are another tale altogether, those ones have everything skewed in their favor and still claim that the average man with lower life expectancy, higher work deaths, higher suicide rates has it better than them...

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Twerking, Crazy Dance At A Jamaican Burial Got Nigerians Shocked (Photos) / 2 Former Prostitutes Wed In Port Harcourt Church (Photos) / Pretty Lawyer Finally Marries Her Soldier Heartthrob After Years Of Dating. PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.