Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,634 members, 7,801,828 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:58 AM

Where To Start When Going Into Poultry (broiler Farming). - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Where To Start When Going Into Poultry (broiler Farming). (264 Views)

My Journey Into Poultry Business / My Race To Poultry (broiler) Rearing as a beginner / Farm Job Opening: Poultry Broiler Attendant, 45k Monthly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Where To Start When Going Into Poultry (broiler Farming). by judeankeli(m): 10:32am On Jul 19, 2021
Where do you start from?.

So if you are thinking of going into rearing chickens(broiler specifically),there are some things to consider, and these factors go a long way in determining the outcome of your chickens. They have effects on how big or heavy your chickens are when you want to dispose them. So if you don't take them into consideration, you'll be sure to have poor results. So from when they are chicks till when they are matured chickens, these factors play a long role. The first factor here is

- Where the chicks stay: You can use a cage,a building or a farm house. A cage can have a wooden or iron floor, while the building has a cemented floor. Choosing between these two really depends on you.
- Where to buy the chicks from: You need to take into consideration which brand you buy your chicks from. While some are good others have average or bad reputation. Some brand chicks have a really high mortality rate, while some have low rate. So choose wisely. This takes time to figure out.
- Which feed to use: This is another factor to consider. You can create your own feed(which is good but takes time to master). Or you can buy already made from brands (which is best for beginners).Some brands make better and nutritious feed than others though. If making yours, you need to also take note of what ingredients you would use,and what proportion.
- Light and water: When you bring in these chicks newly, they need light to constantly feed, and water. You need to constantly give them clean water, make sure there is also light so they can feed when its dark. You can use complex drinkers or simple drinkers depending on your poultry farm size.
- Warmth: You need to give warmth to the chicks since they can't keep themselves warm yet. I suggest using an electrical light bulb that gives the yellow coloring since it generates heat. So there are many other ways to keep them warm. I wouldn't be discussing that for now.

Hope you got value. Please share with friends and families who need this.

Jude.

P.S: You can connect with me on WhatsApp,Imo app,Telegram @ +2347012914335
Re: Where To Start When Going Into Poultry (broiler Farming). by Zizim: 4:50pm On Aug 11, 2021

(1) (Reply)

Whatsapp Group For Agriculture Investors / Cotton Seed / Urgent Need Of Oil Expeller machine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.